most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
80 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Is The Player Of The Decade
Carmelo Anthony 2 0.60%
Dwyane Wade 7 2.11%
Allen Iverson 15 4.53%
Shaquille O'Neal 25 7.55%
Tim Duncan 69 20.85%
Kobe Bryant 186 56.19%
Kevin Garnett 4 1.21%
LeBron James 18 5.44%
Dirk Nowitzki 2 0.60%
Robert Horry 3 0.91%
Voters: 331. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #21
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
 Main Event said:
Ok and Fisher has 4 so i guess he should be up there to right
no, its the fact he did it with 2 teams.
 8 years ago '09        #22
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 akademiks said:
In this decade (2000's)..

Duncan - 3x World Champion, 2x Finals MVP, 2x MVP, 1x ASG MVP, 8x All-NBA First Team, 7x NBA All-Defensive First team
Bryant - 4x World Champion, 1x Finals MVP, 1x MVP, 3x ASG MVP, 7x All-NBA First Team, 7x NBA All-Defensive First team
O'Neal - 4x World Champion, 3x Finals MVP, 1x MVP, 3x ASG MVP, 6x All-NBA First Team
Lebron - 1x MVP, 3x ESPN GOAT Award Winner, youngest player to .......
Looks like Kobe takes this one
 11-21-2009, 11:55 PM         #23
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how is Lebron even sniffing this list???

I'd say it's between Kobe and Duncan.

Duncan is my vote tho.

Last edited by Lex Lossis; 11-22-2009 at 12:00 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #24
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,975 | Props total: 163 163
I don't see how it can't be Duncan, but if it's not then it's Kobe & nobody else is really close to the two.

I was all ready to type this lengthy argument as to why it's Duncan, but really don't want to waste my time on facts & common sense when it will be ignored for fandom.

ETA: Actually you could make a great argument for Kobe too, if it's a who's had a better career to date then I do think it's Duncan for the time being though.

Last edited by bassy; 11-21-2009 at 11:57 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #25
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
 GrownmanJ said:
no, its the fact he did it with 2 teams.
He went from the Lakers to the Spurs the 2 best teams in the West this decade not like he went from LA to Golden St and won a ring
 8 years ago '04        #26
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 Main Event said:

[pic - click to view]

But Kobe will win the poll though
Kobe played at a much higher level near the end of the decade.. Duncan tailed off around the time when the Spurs won their last title and he's been steadily declining since.

The Lakers were also 4-1 against the Spurs in playoff series' since 2000..
 8 years ago '08        #27
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 akademiks said:
Kobe played at a much higher level near the end of the decade.. Duncan tailed off around the time when the Spurs won their last title and he's been steadily declining since.

The Lakers were also 4-1 against the Spurs in playoff series' since 2000..
Were talking the ENTIRE decade though not just the end....The reason ill always think Duncan was the best player was because they were his team..No one else no debate about it they were Duncans Spurs...1st 3 Kobe rings you actually have to debate whether or not it was Kobe or Shaqs squad you didnt have to with the Spurs even though Parker did take a finals MVP but i mean Timmy didnt have to do much against the Cavs lol......And who gives a s**t about an all star game MVP
 8 years ago '04        #28
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Main Event said:
Were talking the ENTIRE decade though not just the end....The reason ill always think Duncan was the best player was because they were his team..No one else no debate about it they were Duncans Spurs...1st 3 Kobe rings you actually have to debate whether or not it was Kobe or Shaqs squad you didnt have to with the Spurs even though Parker did take a finals MVP but i mean Timmy didnt have to do much against the Cavs lol......And who gives a s**t about an all star game MVP
Does the end of the decade NOT count as being part of the whole?

So do we neglect the last 3 years that Duncan hasn't been playing at nearly the level that Kobe has?

I mean, in all honesty, when is the last year Duncan was considered a top 5 player?
 8 years ago '07        #29
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
I don't feel like the people drafted after 00 should be mentioned. But def Kobe, Duncan or Shaq.
 8 years ago '08        #30
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 akademiks said:
Does the end of the decade NOT count as being part of the whole?

So do we neglect the last 3 years that Duncan hasn't been playing at nearly the level that Kobe has?

I mean, in all honesty, when is the last year Duncan was considered a top 5 player?
Not at all but your doing the same by eliminating the beginning of the decade when Duncan was at his best...

Duncan hasnt been playing at the level of when he was just dominating but dude is still putting up good numbers...Its always better to be the undisputed guy on 3 championships than the undisputed guy on 1 all im sayin
 8 years ago '08        #31
space
space
 Main Event said:
Not at all but your doing the same by eliminating the beginning of the decade when Duncan was at his best...

Duncan hasnt been playing at the level of when he was just dominating but dude is still putting up good numbers...Its always better to be the undisputed guy on 3 championships than the undisputed guy on 1 all im sayin
mmm yeaaa but, if you look at some of the stats, kobe still have more ppg than duncan as some would say, "the second option". The decade means consistency. Kobe's teams may not have been consistent, but his level of play has always been there and still is while timmy is on the downfall...
 8 years ago '08        #32
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 GrownmanJ said:
mmm yeaaa but, if you look at some of the stats, kobe still have more ppg than duncan as some would say, "the second option". The decade means consistency. Kobe's teams may not have been consistent, but his level of play has always been there and still is while timmy is on the downfall...
So are we talking about team accolades or personal?
 8 years ago '04        #33
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Main Event said:

I'm not eliminating anything..
Shaq was unarguably better than both Kobe and Duncan at the beginning of the decade and matches both Duncan and Kobe in accolades but he's not surpassing Kobe or Duncan off the strength of those years, is he?
 11-22-2009, 12:29 AM         #34
fmoney88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
shaq or duncan, they both carried their teams to numerous championships only players that did that this decade
 8 years ago '08        #35
space
space
 Main Event said:
So are we talking about team accolades or personal?
They both go hand in hand. Thats why if there was a poll with what is the team of the decade, it would still be LA because they have the most championships and finals appearances. Kobe contributed greatly to all...
 8 years ago '08        #36
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 akademiks said:
I'm not eliminating anything..
Shaq was unarguably better than both Kobe and Duncan at the beginning of the decade and matches both Duncan and Kobe in accolades but he's not surpassing Kobe or Duncan off the strength of those years, is he?
Duncan still puts up good numbers just not the huge ones he put up at the beginning of the decade...I mean damn people talkin about he "fell off" but last 3 years hes still averaging 20 and 10 and still made NBA all defense 2 out the last 3 seasons not to mention all NBA 1st team and 2nd team NBA the last 2 seasons....Shaq is just a different story

Last edited by Main Event; 11-22-2009 at 12:34 AM..
 8 years ago '08        #37
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 GrownmanJ said:
They both go hand in hand. Thats why if there was a poll with what is the team of the decade, it would still be LA because they have the most championships and finals appearances. Kobe contributed greatly to all...
So Tim Duncan didnt contribute? Answer me this who ends up with a better record the Spurs without Duncan or the Lakers without Kobe during the 3peat
 8 years ago '08        #38
space
space
 Main Event said:
So Tim Duncan didnt contribute? Answer me this who ends up with a better record the Spurs without Duncan or the Lakers without Kobe during the 3peat
Never said he didnt contribute, of course the spurs would because the lack of competition in being a dominate big man. Its takin nothin away from duncan. Kobe has been playing at the highest level than any other player since 2003 and thats after he won rings because the attention wasnt on shaq anymore. He just had bum players on his team. Duncan never had garbage players on his team, neither did shaq...

Last edited by GrownmanJ; 11-22-2009 at 12:47 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #39
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
Shaq had the most dominating performances during this decade...Duncan was the winningest player this decade... Kobe was the best individual this decade

The best player would b Tibille DO'Bryant
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '08        #40
space
space
 Cambury said:
Shaq had the most dominating performances during this decade...Duncan was the winningest player this decade... Kobe was the best individual this decade

The best player would b Tibille DO'Bryant
Posted via Mobile Device
This is semi-correct. Duncan is one of the winningest. Kobe and shaq has 4 rings just like he does.
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
167 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy