Arthur Abraham vs Andre Dirrell [3-27-10][SHOWTIME]

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
AA by KO 1 33.33%
AA by Dec 1 33.33%
AD by KO 0 0%
AD by Dec 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #121
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 984 984
damn the net is buzzingsaying Dirrell was faking and i have read some compelling arguments but I can't believe that, I do think he may have been on his way to getting stopped though
 8 years ago '07        #122
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,027 | Props total: 30281 30281
Dirrell-Abraham Presser

By Lindy Lindell

Cries of “He’s okay,” and “He’s all right,” rang out as relatives and the crew of Andre Dirrell burst into the Joe Louis Arena room normally held for Detroit Red Wing press gatherings and celebrations. There were no celebrations on this night. Having put on a near-clinic of beautifully wrought boxing until close to midway into the penultimate 11th round in the 168-pound Super-Six Tournament (now in its second round), Andre Dirrell was awarded a victory by way of disqualification when the then-undefeated Arthur Abraham, well behind on points, unintentionally slugged Dirrell where he had slipped in Abraham’s thoroughly doused corner. Abraham’s right struck Dirrell in the left temple as he was virtually sitting on his bent left leg. After a second or two, Abraham having moved away. Dirrell capsized onto the canvas, totally prone. Referee Laurence Cole had started a count, but when Dirrell pancaked, he waved the f!ght off, rushing to the other side of the ring and then back to tell Abraham that he had been disqualified.

Promoter Gary Shaw conducted the first half of the press conference in a foul mood that went beyond the bounds of indignation. Shaw, who also represents Dirrell, said, “Andre was knocked out.” By the time he was revived, he was clearly distraught. Shaw: “He was crying and was afraid of being called a coward. He’s not a coward.”

There is more to the story that put Shaw in a foul mood. Shortly before the press conference convened (with Dirrell having been taken to the hospital and shortly before Shaw approached the podium’s microphone), an unidentified member of the Dirrell camp shouted to a party in the Abraham camp, “You people are a classless act!” It was unclear as to what this outrage was about, but Shaw, after quickly thanking the people of Olympia Entertainment (the group controlling the venue of Joe Louis Arena) and Michigan boxing officials, made the startling accusation, “Wilfried Sauerland [promoter of Abraham and a co-promoter of the present promotion] is a classless act!” Shaw explained that Sauerland had wanted to have Dirrell drug tested for steroids.

Shaw went on to explain (with neither Sauerland , Abraham, or any of their camp in the room) that Michigan, while it tests for marijuana and cocaine, does not test for steroids:

“I’m not gonna go over to the hospital and hold a bottle for Andre.” Then: “I don’t know who said it, but someone yelled out that Andre was a coward. I’ve been in boxing since 1971 and this man is not a coward. Andre had put on a clinic until the end. But Andre heard this, and it upset him greatly. He had just woke up and was confused at the time.”

Some observed his behavior as being delirious. At any rate, ringside doctors in his dressing room thought it best that since he “appeared confused and did not know where he was,” thought it best that he be taken to the hospital for observation.” Shaw admitted, “Andre told me that he didn’t know that he had won the f!ght.” But when Shaw spoke with Abraham, Shaw told the press that he was outraged with what Abraham said. Shaw: “Arthur Abraham told me he thought Andre was an actor.”

Shortly thereafter, with several from the Dirrell camp arriving to report that Andre was all right, Shaw was joined on the dais by Andre’s brother, Anthony (also a 168-pound pro and undefeated), and the son of the Dirrell brothers’ grandfather, Leon Lawson, Jr. Both expressed outrage that Andre had been struck while on the canvas. Anthony took the microphone and proclaimed, “A f!ghter knows when the man he’s f!ghting is on the ground.” It was a refrain that was to echo through the duration of the press conference.

At this point, Abraham, his trainer, Ulli Wegner, and promoter Wilfried Sauerland seated themselves on the right side of the podium. Sauerland, who resides in Switzerland, and who has been promoting on a major stage for the past thirty years, expressed his concern for Dirrell’s welfare and acknowledged that Dirrell had gotten off to an early lead. But he wanted to make it clear that the replay of the 11th round incident that cost him his figher a disqualification loss had not been made available to him. He pointed out referee Cole’s apparent confusion: “I don’t understand why the referee started counting and then disqualified him.”

Through interpreter Johannes Berendt, trainer Wegner said that his charge did not know that Dirrell was on the canvas. Sauerland chimed in that Dirrell (living up to his nickname “The Matrix”) sometimes lowered himself in such a way that it was difficult to tell that he was indeed on the canvas. And Abraham was adamant: through Berendt, he said that Dirrell was prone. (There is a picture in the next day’s Detroit Free Press of Abraham holding his gloved hands out to referee Cole in such a way that he was baffled as to why the f!ght was being stopped.)

The side issue of the steroids testing issue was broached, with Sauerland bringing up the point that Abraham, with his jaw broken in two places in his first f!ght with Edison Miranda, still took his drug test by urinating in a cup. “This is a requirement in Germany,” said Sauerland. Shaw responded, “This isn’t Germany.”

As did Abraham, Sauerland again readily conceded that Dirrell had gotten off to an early lead, but Sauerland added, “Arthur had scored a knockdown in the 10th that somehow the referee did not see and it would have been interesting what would have happened had the f!ght continued. Arthur was coming on and I believe Arthur would have knocked him out later in that round [the 11th] or in the final round.”

Finally, a member of the press asked Abraham, “When you get to see the tape, even if it shows that you hit him when he was down, do you still think that you shouldn’t have been disqualified?” Abraham needed no interpreter and he did not hesitate: “Nein!”
 8 years ago '07        #123
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Shaw: Abraham is a coward

Andre Dirrell’s promoter Gary Shaw has responded to allegations from Team Sauerland that Dirrell was acting after being hit by Abraham following a slip to the canvas. “Maybe Abraham is used to having his partners fake it, but thanks to SHOWTIME, the world witnessed not just Abraham’s heinous act, but a multitude of replays from every angle showing that Abraham was looking at Andre while he was down on the canvas before deliberately unleashing his illegal blow,” said Shaw. “As far as I’m concerned, Abraham is a coward and his promoter is an enabler. It was a desperate act by a desperate man.”

Shaw continued, “But rather than dwell on a pack of lies, let’s focus on Andre’s magnificent performance. He tagged Abraham with his first knockdown and his first loss in a 31-bout professional career. Both are huge accomplishments. Plain and simple, Andre boxed Abraham’s ears off. He was faster, stronger and smarter. Andre painted a masterpiece on a 20-by-20 canvas. It was his Mona Lisa.

“Andre went straight to the hospital after the f!ght where he gave his post-f!ght urine test to the Commission and spent three hours getting examined before being released early this morning. I’m very proud of Andre Dirrell. When his back was against the wall he fired back and against the leader of the Super Six World Boxing Classic.”
 8 years ago '06        #124
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
man gary shaw is gonna k!ll 1 of those sauerland guys, he seemed pretty pissed with them in the f!ght camp episodes as it is
 8 years ago '04        #126
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,010 | Props total: 1573 1573
^ f**k out of here with that bulls**t my dude, forreal
 8 years ago '04        #127
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,021 | Props total: 19607 19607
i just feel bad for Dirrell man...

First he gets robbed by Froch, then he was on his way to a damn near shutout of a undefeated and feared brawler in Abraham but with the way the DQ went it seems like he lost.

I think he may have over done it with his reaction to the punch, THAT s**t WAS SOOOOO DELAYED SON!! When he got hit he looked at Arthur and looked like he was about to say WTF MAN??? Then out of no where lays down as if he's about to go into a seizure.

It made Abraham look like the most powerful SMW in the tourney from the effect of a snub like punch. I say this because homie took some clean and much more powerful shots from Arthur during the course of the f!ght.

I don't know but reports said he's okay and there's nothing serious to worry about, All thats left is his ego... Which I think is a little broken at this point.

Last edited by LordBlanco; 03-28-2010 at 08:01 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #128
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 TanstA! said:
i just feel bad for Dirrell man...

First he gets robbed by Froch, then he was on his way to a damn near shutout of a undefeated and feared brawler in Abraham but with the way the DQ went it seems like he lost.

I think he may have over done it with his reaction to the punch, THAT s**t WAS SOOOOO DELAYED SON!! When he got hit he looked at Arthur and looked like he was about to say WTF MAN??? Then out of no where lays down as if he's about to go into a seizure.

It made Abraham look like the most powerful SMW in the tourney from the effect of a snub like punch. I say this because homie took some clean and much more powerful shots from Arthur during the course of the f!ght.

I don't know but reports said he's okay and there's nothing serious to worry about, All thats left is his ego... Which I think is a little broken at this point.
Same sh*t happened to Montell Griffin though. He looked at RJJ and the ref like 'WTF??!', then he fell flat on his face.

Being defenseless and getting hit is different than standing up and moving away from a punch and getting hit.
 8 years ago '07        #129
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Andre Dirrell said:
He stole my biggest victory. Because of the ending, it's going to be hard for me to watch that f!ght, he stole my time to shine...upsetting
..... real talk.
 8 years ago '06        #130
space
space
 stogz said:
Same sh*t happened to Montell Griffin though. He looked at RJJ and the ref like 'WTF??!', then he fell flat on his face.

Being defenseless and getting hit is different than standing up and moving away from a punch and getting hit.
exactly what i was thinking
 8 years ago '06        #131
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,946 | Props total: 10599 10599
to all say he was actin yall need to check urself...i thought when he first down he might have been playin to but when he was shaking and s**t he was not faking..and watchin the replay abraham hit him right on the chin while dirrell was in a defensless state not expecting a punch (makes it worse).A lot of times a f!ghter has a delayed reaction and that's what happened here
 8 years ago '04        #132
dirtybayrecordz 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,051 | Props total: 1458 1458
 philly337 said:
to all say he was actin yall need to check urself...i thought when he first down he might have been playin to but when he was shaking and s**t he was not faking..and watchin the replay abraham hit him right on the chin while dirrell was in a defensless state not expecting a punch (makes it worse).a lot of times a f!ghter has a delayed reaction and that's what happened here
^^^yup reminds me of when judah got up too early in his f!ght with kostya til he got up and try to say sumthin to da ref is when it hit em
 8 years ago '07        #133
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 philly337 said:
to all say he was actin yall need to check urself...i thought when he first down he might have been playin to but when he was shaking and s**t he was not faking..and watchin the replay abraham hit him right on the chin while dirrell was in a defensless state not expecting a punch (makes it worse).A lot of times a f!ghter has a delayed reaction and that's what happened here
It's amusing...

All these people accusing Dirrell of faking, have all seen delayed reactions from body punches, but somehow it's impossible for there to be a delayed reaction getting hit in the face. All these people have sat down, drank alcohol for hours straight, felt fine... tried to move, and fell flay on they face (some of y'all in a pool of ya own vomit too), but that same sh*t can't happen from being hit in the face?

8 years ago '04        #134
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,021 | Props total: 19607 19607
 stogz said:

He already got knocked down tho and Jones just came up and popped him again LOL whereas Dirrell slipped and got hit... Wateva, I just thought the reaction was real delayed but you can never tell with these kinds of situations.

The bottom line is tho that Abraham has disgraced himself and his status as one of the top dogs in the division, he now has his first L and went out like a true old fashioned German, Crushing his opponent when he's defenseless and then call him a pus*y for not getting up.

8 years ago '07        #135
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 TanstA! said:
He already got knocked down tho and Jones just came up and popped him again LOL whereas Dirrell slipped and got hit... Wateva, I just thought the reaction was real delayed but you can never tell with these kinds of situations.
Montell wasn't 'knocked down'. He was in trouble... ran across the ring, and then voluntarily took a knee. RJJ didn't knock him down.
 8 years ago '06        #136
space
space
Team Dirrell Hit Back at Sauerland Over "Sour Grapes"

DETROIT – Not satisfied with Arthur Abraham’s underhanded performance against Andre Dirrell on Saturday night at Joe Louis Arena, which would warrant his suspension by most members of the a.ssociation of Boxing Commissions (ABC), Abraham’s promoter Wilfried Sauerland issued a release on Sunday accusing Dirrell of seizing “…his chance to sneak out of the f!ght when the chance presented itself…Dirrell is a very good actor.”

The “chance” Sauerland was referring to was when Dirrell (19-1, 13 KOs), of Flint, Mich., did the “splits” after slipping in Abraham’s (31-1, 25 KOs), of Germany, water-soaked corner, and while on one knee and defenseless got knocked out by a sweeping Abraham right. Referee Laurence Cole immediately stopped the f!ght at 1:13 of the 11th round, awarding the victory, via disqualification, to Dirrell, who was leading on all three judges’ scorecards by 98-91, 97-92 and 97-92. It was the opening bout of the Group Stage 2 of the Super Six World Boxing Classic

“Sauerland is a sourpuss. Is he Abraham’s promoter or minister of propaganda?” asked Gary Shaw, Dirrell’s promoter. “Maybe Abraham is used to having his partners fake it, but thanks to SHOWTIME, the world witnessed not just Abraham’s heinous act, but a multitude of replays from every angle showing that Abraham was looking at Andre while he was down on the canvas before deliberately unleashing his illegal blow. As far as I’m concerned, Abraham is a coward and his promoter is an enabler. It was a desperate act by a desperate man."

Promoted by Gary Shaw Productions and Sauerland Event, the Dirrell vs. Abraham battle will be replayed Tomorrow! Monday, March 29, beginning at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME 2.

“But rather than dwell on a pack of lies, let’s focus on Andre’s magnificent performance,” Shaw continued. “He tagged Abraham with his first knockdown and his first loss in a 31-bout professional career. Both are huge accomplishments. Plain and simple, Andre boxed Abraham’s ears off. He was faster, stronger and smarter. Andre painted a masterpiece on a 20-by-20 canvas. It was his Mona Lisa.

“Andre went straight to the hospital after the f!ght where he gave his post-f!ght urine test to the Commission and spent three hours getting examined before being released early this morning. I’m very proud of Andre Dirrell. When his back was against the wall he fired back and against the leader of the Super Six World Boxing Classic."

"I want to thank all my fans for their support and I especially want to thank everyone in Flint, Detroit and the surrounding areas as well as the entire Midwest for coming out on Saturday night," said Dirrell. "I'm excited to have the chance to rest and relax with my family at home in Flint."

--------------
Allan Green: "Andre Dirrell Could Have Continued"

By Rick Reeno

The controversy continues over Saturday night's f!ght between super middleweights Andre Dirrell and Arthur Abraham. An electric crowd at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan, saw Dirrell outbox Abraham for the first nine rounds of the f!ght. In the final minute of the tenth round, the tide began to change as Abraham applied extreme pressure and began to consistently find Dirrell with punches.

During the eleventh round, Dirrell was starting to fade and Abraham was rapidly coming on. To his credit, Dirrell, who was well ahead on the scorecards, executed a veteran move by coasting to k!ll the clock. While trying to fend off an incoming Abraham, Dirrell lost his balance and slipped to the mat. During the heat of the moment, and probably with some desperation mixed in, Abraham clocked Dirrell right on the chin while he was down. After the punch connected, Dirrell fell flat on the mat. He laid there unconscious, and then his body started shaking - and referee Laurence Cole had to immediately request the a.ssistance of the ringside physicians.

Abraham suffered his first career loss when Cole disqualified him for the late hit. In his post f!ght interview, Abraham called Dirrell "an actor." He believes Dirrell oversold the punch. Abraham's promoter, Wilfried Sauerland, agreed with his f!ghter by saying "Dirrell is a very good actor. He deserves an Oscar for his performance."

Dirrell's promoter, Gary Shaw, praised the referee for making the right call.

"The foul was intentional. It was a desperation move. He knew the only way he could win the f!ght was with a knockout. He knew Andre was on the ground and he lined him up," Shaw said to BoxingScene.com.

To get a third-party opinion on the incident, BoxingScene spoke with another Super Six participant, Allan Green, who watched the f!ght live from a ringside position. Green believes Dirrell may have oversold the effect of Abraham's final punch and probably could have continued in the f!ght if the referee had given him a few minutes to recover. Green was very curious to find out if Dirrell was able to withstand Abraham's late rally for another four minutes.

"I really couldn't see some some of it. I saw the little punch. I did think he put on a bit of an act, and I like Dirrell. I think he could have continued the f!ght or he could have taken five minutes. At the time [of the incident] it wasn't looking good for him. The last four minutes would have been interesting to see. I thought Dirrell could have continued and kept f!ghting. He laid there for a second and everything was fine and then he started shaking. Then he got up and said he was knocked out and didn't know what happened. If you didn't know what happened, then how can you say you got knocked out," Green told BoxingScene.com. [ Editor's Note : Green wants to clarify that he does not believe Dirrell was faking the effects of Abraham's punch. Green believes Dirrell was realistically hurt from the punch, but he also believes Dirrell could have continued if he was given a five minute period to recover."

"If you get knocked down from a punch, and start shaking.....there is something really wrong. If you get hit like that, where you down and start shaking, you are going to be in the hospital for a few days and you are not f!ghting for a while. You are not going to get up and start walking around. I saw him get hit harder [than] that throughout the f!ght, but in his defense he was already hurt [at the time of the punch]. Dirrell was winning the f!ght and I wanted him to win. I just would have liked to see what would have happened in the last few rounds if he would have continued."

Green, like the Showtime announcers, disagreed with the referee's ruling on the tenth round knockdown. Late in the tenth, Abraham landed a very hard punch and Dirrell went down. The referee ruled it as a slip. Cole saw the punch land but felt Dirrell hit the deck after being off balance from a leg trip.

"If you go down after getting hit, it's a knockdown The punch was the cause. If he didn't take that punch, he probably wouldn't have gone down. He wasn't the same when he got up and he continued to get hit after that," Green said.

There are many people out there who agree, and disagree, with Green's opinions on the incident. One individual who disagrees is Green's own promoter, Lou DiBella.

DiBella is convinced Dirrell was genuinely knocked out by Abraham's shot, but he does agree with Green's opinion on the referee's mishap with the knockdown.

"I thought it was a terrible foul. He's supposed to be this tough guy but the guy [Abraham] is a constant whiner. He was whining the entire time about low blows and he causes them to be low and they aren't even low. Every time you hit him to the body he cries about a low blow. That being said, I did think he knocked Dirrell down in the tenth round of the f!ght and hurt him," DiBella told BoxingScene.com.

"He's just a dirty f!ghter. He's always been a dirty f!ghter. He's strong as an ox, but he's dirty. And I'll say this....if that was acting [by Dirrell], then it was one of the best performances that I've ever seen. He acted very much like a guy who fully didn't know where he was. If that was an acting job, he was sensational."

"He clearly hit him while he was down. That's a disqualification anywhere in the world, expect for Germany. If it happened in Germany, he would have got away with it and that's why the Germans [Sauerland Event] are so upset. [Abraham] also ignored the whoop-ass thrown on him for nine consecutive rounds. There was no way he could win that f!ght without a knockout. I'm not sure how hard he was concentrating to see if the guy was down, but he was doing everything in his power to knock the guy out and I think the outcome was the right decision. If Abraham wasn't so filthy, he had a chance to win the f!ght."

8 years ago '06        #137
space
space
 8 years ago '05        #138
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
Montell Griffin f!ght was a little different. Roy Jones Jr. was beating the s**t out of Griffin, so Griffin had every reason to fake it. Dirrell was clearly dominating this f!ght and had no reason to fake it. If he was acting I give him an Oscar, because he was perfectly displaying what it's like to be knocked out and confused.
 8 years ago '04        #139
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
 stogz said:
same sh*t happened to montell griffin though. He looked at rjj and the ref like 'wtf??!', then he fell flat on his face.

^ right...
 8 years ago '06        #140
space
space
"From what I heard it wasn't quite the same as my f!ght with Montell.

From what I heard Abraham hit the kid when he was clearly down. That's not what I did."

Roy Jones Jr, March 2010

(interview from FH)

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 03-30-2010 at 04:30 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
265 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
77 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
99 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
33 comments
20 hours ago