Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
173 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
AA by KO 1 33.33%
AA by Dec 1 33.33%
AD by KO 0 0%
AD by Dec 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #21
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,016 | Props total: 30263 30263
So I'm considering going to this f!ght. There are still tix on the floor left. I go around asking people if they've been to Detroit lately, and what was it like... cuz I'm planning on going there. Here are their responses...

'Da f**k is wrong with you!? Where you going next? Cambodia'?

'It's a dirty a.ss city... I think you have to get immunized before you go there'

'I've been to Detroit recently. If you walk down the street, you won't find a single house with 2 hinges on the door. You'll walk by a house with one hinge at the top and none at the bottom, or one on the bottom and none at the top. Next house will have a door with no hinges... then the next house will have 2 hinges and no f**king door... nah, don't go'.

'Don't go... but if you have to go, don't take your own car. They got potholes the size large pizzas'.

'You goin' to Detroit? N*gga, you thought New Orleans was bad after Katrina'???

All REAL responses... and that is only the sh*t I remember from this week. Ahh well, I guess I ain't goin'. Hook me up with the link or the replay, ok Fishscale?
 8 years ago '06        #22
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
 stogz said:
So I'm considering going to this f!ght. There are still tix on the floor left. I go around asking people if they've been to Detroit lately, and what was it like... cuz I'm planning on going there. Here are their responses...

'Da f**k is wrong with you!? Where you going next? Cambodia'?

'It's a dirty a.ss city... I think you have to get immunized before you go there'

'I've been to Detroit recently. If you walk down the street, you won't find a single house with 2 hinges on the door. You'll walk by a house with one hinge at the top and none at the bottom, or one on the bottom and none at the top. Next house will have a door with no hinges... then the next house will have 2 hinges and no f**king door... nah, don't go'.

'Don't go... but if you have to go, don't take your own car. They got potholes the size large pizzas'.

'You goin' to Detroit? N*gga, you thought New Orleans was bad after Katrina'???

All REAL responses... and that is only the sh*t I remember from this week. Ahh well, I guess I ain't goin'. Hook me up with the link or the replay, ok Fishscale?
i got u bro...i wanted to know ur prediction on the f!ght btw
 8 years ago '07        #23
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:
i got u bro...i wanted to know ur prediction on the f!ght btw
Andre Dirrell by decision... think i put the down in the BXSC betting thread you made. I also took him over Abe in the summer in part 1 of the Super 6 thread and in part 2.
 8 years ago '06        #24
space
space
 stogz said:
Andre Dirrell by decision... think i put the down in the BXSC betting thread you made. I also took him over Abe in the summer in part 1 of the Super 6 thread and in part 2.
o , nah u didnt actually. care to write it again?
 8 years ago '06        #25
space
space
Arthur Abraham on f!ghting Andre Dirrell, f!ght Strategy

BERLIN - King Arthur Abraham (31-0, 25 KOs) will return to the USA on Saturday, March 20, to continue his preparation for the eagerly-anticipated Super Six World Boxing Classic showdown with Andre Dirrell (18-1, 13 KOs). The two super-middleweights lock horns at the famous Joe Louis Arena on Saturday, March 27 (LIVE on SHOWTIME® at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT - delayed on the west coast). Tickets may be purchased at , the Fox Theatre and Joe Louis Arena box offices, at all Ticketmaster locations and . To charge tickets by phone, call (800) 745-3000. Boxing-Online.com caught up with the tournament point leader in his training camp in Kienbaum, 20 miles east of Berlin.

Q: You are returning to America on Saturday. How have things been going thus far?

AA: “I am thrilled to return to America. We had a great time in Palm Springs. I really enjoyed the Californian sun before we continued our preparation in Berlin. America is a great country and I am looking forward to going back on Saturday. That will give me one week to adjust and get ready for Dirrell.”

Q: You must be pleased finally get in the ring with him…

AA: Indeed. This has been the longest preparation of my life. I did not have any time off since November. In my first year as a professional, I made 12 f!ghts – and now I have been training non-stop for five months. I am really eager to get back in the ring.”

Q: A lot of fans from Armenia would have supported you in Palm Springs. Are you missing that kind of support now?

AA: “I was a little disappointed because I would have loved to put on an exciting performance for my fans in California, but in boxing, people get injured and f!ghts get moved, so there is nothing you can do about it. I am sure there will be lots of German and Armenian fans cheering for me in Detroit.”

Q: …where Dirrell will have home support.

AA: “That´s right. He can count on the support of his fans. But that will not help him once he is inside the ring with me. It will just be the two of us. f!ghting in Florida did not help Edison Miranda either – I stopped him in the fourth round (in June 2008).”

Q: What do you think of Dirrell as a f!ghter?

AA: “He is very fast, very skilled and very awkward. But together with my coach Ulli Wegner we have come up with a plan to beat him.”

Q: So how do you plan to beat him?

AA: “Watch Showtime on March 27 and you will find out…”

Q: Do you feel additional pressure because you are the tournament leader after the first round?

AA: “I always feel pressure. I hate losing. I don´t want to lose to anybody. But pressure is good – if you deal with it correctly. I don´t have any problems with pressure – for me, it is additional motivation.”

Q: The Super Six tournament has been a huge hit in Europe. How do you feel about that?

AA: “I am very grateful to be in this tournament. It is the best f!ghting the best, which is exactly what the fans want to see. The winner will be a legend. It is my dream and my goal to become a boxing legend, so the Super Six tournament is the best thing that could have happened to me – and the fans all over the world.”
 03-18-2010, 06:58 PM         #26
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why yall close the poll so early? Im going KA by KO. Dirrell is slick but I think Abe gonna set traps and catch him. He has that peak-a-boo style thats hard to crack but when he uncoils he bringin hell with it. That said I hope its a good f!ght and I wouldnt be surprised at all it Direll squeaked on out but he is gonna have to trade with AA throughout the f!ght and when he does I dont know if he is ready for what he can possibly get his a.ss into.

Last edited by FaceMob; 03-18-2010 at 06:59 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #27
space
space
 FaceMob said:
Why yall close the poll so early? Im going KA by KO. Dirrell is slick but I think Abe gonna set traps and catch him. He has that peak-a-boo style thats hard to crack but when he uncoils he bringin hell with it. That said I hope its a good f!ght and I wouldnt be surprised at all it Direll squeaked on out but he is gonna have to trade with AA throughout the f!ght and when he does I dont know if he is ready for what he can possibly get his a.ss into.
because it was postponed 2 times....

-------------
Arthur Abraham: “It’s better to die in the ring rather than to lose”

[pic - click to view]

by Geoffrey Ciani - This past week’s edition of On the Ropes Boxing Radio featured exclusive interviews with Arthur Abraham, Matt Godfrey, and “Iceman” John Scully. Highlighting this week’s episode was a nice chat with former IBF middleweight champion and current Super Six participant Arthur Abraham. Here are some excerpts from that interview:

Regarding preparations for his upcoming March 27 f!ght with Andre Dirrell:
“It’s going very well. We trained everyday twice a day and basically we’re doing what our trainer tells us, following his instructions and gradually getting prepared.”

On the three week delay resulting from a back injury sustained by Dirrell:
“ No one is going to get in our way, nothing’s going to interfere with us. I think my opponent Dirrell has more of a problem in the head or of the heart and not on his back."

On what he views as his biggest advantage against Dirrell:
“I’m bigger. We’ve been training hard and I don’t really think there’s much of anything he can do to me. We’re trying hard and we’ll see what happens in the ring—that will tell the tale..”

His a.ssessment of his knockout victory against Jermain Taylor:
“It was a difficult bout because Jermain Taylor’s a very good boxer but I went into the f!ght feeling that I could win and when I feel that way I always win and that’s basically what happened—I won by knockout. It worked out for me.”

His thoughts on Jermain Taylor dropping out of the Super Six:
“Of course everything depends on one’s health and I think that after the knockout that I administered he probably can’t box anymore.”

Regarding Andre Ward’s victory over Mikkel Kessler in round one of the Super Six:
“I think he’s a very smart and a very strong f!ghter, and not just an Olympic champion.”

Regarding Carl Froch’s victory over Andre Dirrell in round one of the Super Six:
“It was more of a tie than anything. They were basically pretty much equal.”

On his first f!ght against Edison Miranda:
“Yes indeed, that was certainly the most difficult f!ght of my life. I had a broken jaw, but the fact of the matter is that I love to win and I go into the ring with that idea within me. It’s better to die there (in the ring) rather than to lose.”

On the differences between his first and second f!ghts with Miranda:
“The thing is that the first f!ght I wasn’t able to show him everything that I was capable of. The second f!ght I was, and I shut his mouth for him.”

Regarding why he decided to move up into the super middleweight division:
“The thing is, I wanted to move up because there are better boxers in the super middleweight division and I really like America. That’s where the boxers are and I want to make my career here in America because I really like the country. That’s what inspired me to move up.”

On whether he has any concerns facing Dirrell in Detroit, Michigan:
“No, I ‘m not worried about that. I think the referee will judge the f!ght honestly, and it doesn’t matter if it’s in Chicago or Los Angeles. The spectators will see who’s boxing and how good they’re boxing and will applaud the one who’s the best.”

On whether he is disappointed he never got the chance to face Kelly Pavlik:
“No, we can still do that. We invited him two times to box with us but he turned us down.”

Regarding the second round match-up between Andre Ward and Allan Green:
“I think that Andre Ward and Allan Green are both good boxers but I think that Andre Ward will win because he’s just a different caliber boxer altogether.”

Regarding the second round match-up between Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler:
“I think that Kessler will win. If he should lose than he won’t be able to participate any more in this tournament.”

On who he feels poses the biggest challenge to him in the Super Six:
“Out of the Super Six, I think they’re all good boxers and they all represent a threat to me. They’re all very good boxers and they’re all very dangerous so I have to watch out for them.”

On what it was like winning his first title against Kingsley Ikeke:
“I was so happy I cried.”

On his ten successful title defenses of the IBF middleweight title:
“I just do everything I need to that it takes to win. I don’t like to lose so I do what I have to, to win.”

On which f!ghters he admired most when he first got interested in boxing:
“When I was coming up I only had one idol really, and that was Mike Tyson.”

His opinion of Andre Dirrell as a f!ghter:
“I’ve seen him several times boxing and I believe I know everything there is to know about him, but we’ll see. I don’t like to talk about it a lot. We’ll see what happens in the ring.”

On whether he would ever consider making a move up to the light heavyweight division:
“Well that’s business. If there’s a decent offer then I will certainly consider it. For the time being, though, I am satisfied at this weight category.”

His prediction for his upcoming f!ght with Andre Dirrell:
“Just to win.”

If you missed last week’s special edition of On the Ropes, be sure to tune in and listen now!

Join the On the Ropes Mailing List!

If you want to keep up with the latest OTR news, why not join our mailing list? You can sign up by sending an email to with the subject heading “SIGN ME UP!”

Be sure to tune in!

For more information about On the Ropes Boxing Radio please visit our website:

To contact Geoffrey Ciani or Jenna J:

To read more by Ciani or Jenna please visit The Mushroom Mag:
http//www.eatthemushroom.com/mag

Article posted on 19.03.2010

8 years ago '06        #28
space
space
Germany's Armenian-born, undefeated, super middleweight (168 pounds) Arthur Abraham will be after his ninth knockout in his past 10 f!ghts, and his third straight stoppage victory on March 27, when he travels to the hometown of Andre Dirrell, of Flint, Mich., for their Showtime-televised, Super Six Super Middleweight World Boxing Classic group stage No. 2 bout at Detroit's Joe Louis Arena.

A 30-year-old, former middleweight (160 pounds) champion, Abraham (31-0, 25 knockouts) will be making only his third appearance outside of Germany, and only his second in America -- the first being a fourth-round stoppage of Edison Miranda in Florida in June of 2008.

Abraham is coming off of October's 12th-round knockout of 31-year-old Jermain Taylor (28-4-1, 17 KOs) in group stage No. 1 of the tournament, marking Taylor's fourth loss in his past five bouts, his third by knockout, and the second consecutive time that Taylor was seperated from his senses in a f!ght.

Taylor subsequently pulled out of the tournament, and was replaced by 30-year-old Allan Green (29-1, 20 KOs), who will meet 26-year-old WBA champ, Andre Ward (21-0, 13 KOs) on a date and at a site to be determined in group stage No.2.

Abraham has said that he wants to "Be a big champion, and make the really big f!ghts like Floyd Mayweather, Sugar Ray Leonard and Oscar de la Hoya," even as the victory over Taylor, and two over Miranda are the three biggest of his career.

Abraham won his first meeting with Miranda, a unanimous decision in September of 2008, as a middleweight despite f!ghting the final eight rounds with a grotesquely swollen and broken right jaw. Abraham rematched Miranda at 168 pounds.

With a nearly impervious defense, and explosive punching power, Abraham talked to FanHouse in this Q&A about his status as not only the tournament favorite, but also, as one of the sport's premiere f!ghters, pound-for-pound.

FanHouse: So how does it feel to be considered the tournament favorite?

Arthur Abraham: The others might say that I am the favorite to win it all, but I don't hold that view. They're all good f!ghters in the tournament. so I don't consider myself the favorite, because they're all good f!ghters. My catch phrase, and my attitude is that I never underestimate anyone. That's what's made me strong.

I have respect for all of the f!ghters in the tournament. They are very dangerous, and every f!ght is actually very dangerous. So, because I never underestimate anybody, I consider all of the six guys in there a favorite to win. As far as pressure, I always feel pressure.

I hate losing. I don´t want to lose to anybody. But pressure is good if you deal with it correctly. I don´t have any problems with pressure. For me, it is additional motivation.

FH: How do you believe that you will handle being in only your second f!ght on American soil, only your third outside of Germany, and, being in front of what could be a hostile crowd near Andre Dirrell's hometown in Detroit's Joe Louis Arena?

Abraham: The last time I fought in America was in June of 2008, and I stopped Edison Miranda in Florida, so it should not be a problem for me. Andre can count on the support of his fans, but that will not help him once he is inside the ring with me.

I am sure there will be lots of German and Armenian fans cheering for me in Detroit. America is such a great country, and has produced so many legends in boxing. If you want to be famous, in boxing, and if you want to be a star in boxing, then you have to make the big f!ghts in America.

And that's what I'm intending to do, starting with this f!ght against Andre Dirrell. And then, also, the next f!ght. I want to f!ght in America again and win the fans over and become a legend over there.

FH: What are your feelings about the pullout of Jermain Taylor following your knockout victory over him?

Abraham: I was sad, and I was a little upset to see him pull out of the tournament because I knocked him out. But I think that it was the right decision, because the health is the most important thing. I think that he should just take some time off and recover, and then come back, because he's such a great boxer and such a great star.

So I really wish him well for the future.

FH: You've been on the other side of a very physical f!ght with Edison Miranda, but how did you persevere, then dominate Miranda in the rematch so that you're still here?

Abraham: I think that you have to accept that boxing is a sport, and, sometimes, it's a brutal sport. It's two men f!ghting each other. There are rules of fair play in boxing, and you are asked to stick to them and you should stick to them.

But you actually need to be tough to be in this sport. I don't think it's so much the issue of violence, but the fact that it's man-to-man, one-on-one. For that reason, you must have the right makeup to do this sport.

FH: Have you faced anyone in your career like Andre Dirrell, who is very athletic, a slick boxer, and a switch-hitter?

Abraham: Yes, there have been a few f!ghters whom I have faced who are like Andre Dirrell. He is a very good boxer, technically, and he is extremely fast, very skilled and very awkward.

But we're not that bad either. And together, with my coach, Ulli Wegner, we have come up with a plan to beat him.

FH: You sound very, very confident, so do you have a prediction?

Abraham: We're going over there to win. We never go inside the ring to lose. So it will definitely be a victory for us.

FH: Do you have any message for Andre Dirrell?

Abraham: I hope that he is in good shape and that he is staying fit for our f!ght. I wish Andre Dirrell all of the best, and that he stays healthy so that we can f!ght on March 27.

8 years ago '07        #29
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
The Arthur Abraham camp is up in arms over the notion of three Michigan judges scoring King Arthur’s SUPER SIX f!ght against Andre Dirrell. Hall of Fame promoter Wilfried Sauerland told BILD, “Dirrell lives in Michigan. It’s unacceptable that the judges and the referee should also come from Michigan. I reject that.” Abraham trainer Uli Wegner stated that Abraham must win by KO to take it out of the hands of the judges.
 8 years ago '07        #30
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Dirrell confident of victory

"Abraham’s arms are too short!"

Andre Dirrell is supremely confident in advance of Saturday’s SUPER SIX clash against Arthur Abraham in Detroit. “Abraham’s arms are too short, he can’t box, I’ll hand him his first defeat,” proclaimed Dirrell to BILD. “The 20,000 fans at Joe Louis Arena will be pushing me, my 30-member family will b there, and the millions of TV sets will see me win. I’m fast as lightning, dance like Muhammad Ali and constantly change angles so I’ll confuse Abraham….On 24 April I’m getting married. My gift to her is Abraham’s head!”
 8 years ago '06        #31
space
space
hopefully abarham knocks his f**kin block off. but im not sure on that one, cuz dirrell is super f**kin fast
 8 years ago '06        #32
space
space
Boxing fans celebrate! This weekend, SHOWTIME is offering a free preview. This means that Saturday night at 10:30, EVERYONE can tune in to the Super Six tournament for free, even if they do not subscribe. Tell your friends and let's get a huge crowd to tune in for Dirrell vs. Abraham!

8 years ago '06        #33
space
space
Photos/Quotes: Abraham vs Dirrell Open Workouts

[video - click to view]

DETROIT — Super Six World Boxing Classic standings leader “King” Arthur Abraham and Andre “The Matrix” Dirrell both took part in a media workout at Detroit’s famed Kronk Gym on Wednesday, just three days before they kick off Group Stage 2 of the Tournament on Saturday, March 27 at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Mich., live on SHOWTIME at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the west coast).

The Armenian Abraham (31-0, 25 KOs) currently leads the Super Six point standings with three points by way of his last-second knockout against American Jermain “Bad Intentions” Taylor Oct. 17 in Berlin, Germany. The former middleweight bronze medalist at the 2004 Summer Olympics from Flint, Mich., Dirrell (18-1, 13 KOs) dropped a close 12-round decision to Carl Froch for the World Boxing Council (WBC) World Championship the same night in Nottingham, England.

This f!ght will be available to a record 54.4 million households as part of the SHOWTIME ALL ACCESS Free Preview Weekend on SHOWTIME, SHOWTIME HD™ and SHOWTIME On Demand. From Thursday, March 25 through Sunday, March 28, viewers across the country will have the opportunity to sample the premium network's award-winning programming via linear service, On Demand and in HD, including two live events from SHOWTIME Sports. The event is being promoted by Gary Shaw Productions and Sauerland Event.

What the f!ghters had to say on Wednesday at Kronk Gym:

[pic - click to view]

ARTHUR ABRAHAM

“It is a pleasure to be back in America. I have adjusted well to the time difference. We have been doing light workouts and I feel ready for Saturday night.

“Dirrell is fast but that will not help him. I am in the Super Six to become a legend in America. I need a win on Saturday to accomplish that goal. And I will get that win.
“My trainer, Ulli Wegner, has prepared a special game plan which will help to defeat Dirrell. You will see on Saturday how that works.

“I like Detroit, I have seen a little bit of the city. It is different from German cities. What I like most about Detroit is the famous Joe Louis Arena. I have visited it and it was very impressive. I am thrilled to be f!ghting there.”

ULLI WEGNER (Coach)

“Arthur is in great shape. He has coped very well with the time difference, but for someone like him – someone in top shape – it is very easy to adjust.

“We are looking forward to f!ghting in America again. Everybody said we were crazy when we came over to f!ght in Edison Miranda´s backyard in June 2008 and Arthur knocked him out. I think the outcome will be the same on Saturday - a great victory for Arthur.”

WILFRIED SAUERLAND (Abraham’s Promoter)

“I think we will see a great f!ght. Arthur will win because he is too strong for Dirrell. The American fans will love Arthur´s style – he is incredibly powerful and a very strong puncher with a sensational record of 31-0 and 25 KOs. That is what the people love to see. He will put on a great show on Saturday night.

[pic - click to view]

ANDRE DIRRELL

“Nothing can get in the way of my dedication and achieving my dream. You have to have a different game plan for each f!ghter you face, and we have a strong game plan for me to execute with Abraham. I have faced power punchers before, none as explosive as Abraham, but I have fought power punchers in my career and handled them well.”

“I’m smarter, faster and more elusive and I feel that I have the most skill and speed. It will be difficult for him to catch on to my style but not for me to adjust to his. I won’t feed into him and f!ght his f!ght, but I will let these hands fly.”

“I’m going in with a strong game plan and I’m going to execute it to the best of my ability. Whatever he brings, I will be ready for it. My natural ability gives me confidence. I’ve put in hard work and I’m ready for Saturday night.”

"I met him (Arthur Abraham) on the media tour and at the press conference and he seems like a nice guy, but in the ring, it’s all business.”

“There are two championship belts at stake (in the Super Six tournament) and I want them. Arthur Abraham is a stepping stone in my game plan to get those two belts. I want to get him out of the way and get those titles.”

On f!ghting in Detroit:

“I’m glad to be back in Michigan and the opportunity to f!ght here in Detroit is a great thing. This is a history-making event and I’m excited to be a part of it.”

“I really wanted to bring something positive to this community. It feels good to f!ght in Detroit and it’s something that I’m really looking forward to. When f!ghters f!ght at home, your mental game has to be really strong. This is a big, monumental event and I’m looking forward to it, but I won’t let it distract me.”

“This area has been sleeping on boxing for awhile now, but I’m bringing excitement about the sport back to Detroit with this f!ght. I’m here to make a statement to the boxing world and all the f!ghters in the Super Six tournament with my performance in this f!ght. ”

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 03-25-2010 at 01:54 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #34
space
space

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

--------------
Froch: "Abraham By Brutal KO, or Boring Dirrell Decision"

[pic - click to view]

ENGLAND - With only two days to go until the next Super Six World Boxing Classic f!ght the WBC Super Middleweight champion Carl Froch is weighing up who is most likely to win and who he will be backing between former IBF middleweight title holder ‘King’ Arthur Abraham and Andre ‘The Matrix’ Dirrell.

“I can't pick a winner because it’s in the States. I really am 50 / 50” Said The Cobra of the second round f!ght due to be aired live in the UK on Primetime Channel 480 on Sky this Saturday night.

But when pushed Carl leaned towards Abraham, urging him to beat Dirrell as he did in the first round of the Super Six after a split decision. Froch said:

“It will either be a brutal KO by Abraham or a boring points decision by Dirrell with a b**ch like performance. Come on Abraham... Catch him sweet!”

Carl will be facing Mikkel Kessler on 24th April, also shown on Primetime, and this weekend’s f!ght is the perfect bout to get you hyped for next month’s action. At the reduced price of only £5.95 there’s no reason to miss the action!

Abraham V Dirrell is shown on Primetime channel 480 on Sky on Saturday night 20th March from 02:30 GMT (3:30 BST). Sky customers need to call 0871 200 4444 to register. If you’ve registered with Primetime before you can just press select on your remote control

-----------------------------

Dirrell says Froch experience will help him beat Abraham

Andre Dirrell says he had a “sense of déjà vu” as he left his dressing room to f!ght Carl Froch in Group Stage 1 of Showtime’s Super Six Boxing Classic last October.

The f!ght, which Dirrell lost by a close split decision, took place in Froch’s hometown of Nottingham, England, and the local crowd lustily booed the fleet-footed Flint, Mich., native before and during the bout.

Dirrell, an amateur standout who won a bronze medal at the 2004 Olympics, was used to boxing in front of hostile crowds.

“Any time the American team traveled to other countries we were booed by the fans, especially during the Olympics; man, those crowds hated us,” said Dirrell, who f!ghts Arthur Abraham this Saturday in Group Stage 2 of Showtime’s unique 168-pound tournament. “f!ghting Froch in his hometown was like a flashback to the Olympics.”

However, nothing from Dirrell’s amateur career prepared him for the roughhouse tactics that the rugged titleholder employed during their often ugly 12-round affair. Froch literally mugged Dirrell, who believes that his defensive boxing and accurate counter punching were often ignored by judges who gave the belt holder too much credit for ineffective aggression.

“I thought I won the f!ght,” Dirrell said. “I felt fantastic the whole time. I did what I wanted to do, and Froch couldn’t touch me. He had to f!ght dirty just to compete.”

But Dirrell’s first pro loss was a learning experience that the 26-year-old southpaw believes will prevent him from feeling a déjà vu sensation when the scorecards are read for his 12-round bout against Abraham, should the f!ght go the distance.

“Now I know what it’s like to try and take the belt from a champion,” said Dirrell (18-1, 13 knockouts). “I learned against Froch that you can’t have close f!ghts in this day and age. I’ve learned that pro boxing is about finishing strong. It’s not about getting by on just skill. It’s about showing your opponent and showing the judges that you are there, that you‘re for real.”

After an intense nine-week camp in Las Vegas, Dirrell is confident that he’ll show Abraham (31-0, 25 KOs) that he’s for real. But he also acknowledges that the powerful Germany-based Armenian is probably a tougher a.ssignment than Froch.

“They’re both pressure f!ghters but they’re different,” Dirrell said. “Abraham is more controlled. He’s not wild or sloppy like Froch, who just jumps in on you from a mile away. Abraham is also more explosive. He’s quick and sneaky and strong with both hands, so you have to be careful with him.”

Of course, Dirrell has learned that if he’s too careful, he can give up close rounds, as he did in the Froch f!ght. That’s something he has vowed not to do against Abraham.

“At times during the f!ght Abraham will lay back behind that high guard of his and watch what I do,” Dirrell said of THE RING’s No. 6-rated super middleweight and the current points leader in the Super Six. “He tries to lull you to sleep and then jump on you. I can‘t drop my activity when he does that, and once he’s aggressive, that’s when I have to jump on him.

“It won’t be one sided as far as aggression goes. I know I have to show that I want it just as bad he does. He’s undefeated. He’s a former middleweight champ. I have to see him as a champ because people, including the judges, probably see him as a champ, and sometimes that effects how a f!ght is scored.”

If Dirrell loses on points, at least it won’t be a hometown decision. Saturday’s f!ght takes place at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. It’s only the second time Dirrell has fought in his home state as a pro, and he says it will be a welcome change of scenery.

“The f!ght being in Michigan brings more confidence and motivation for me,” he said. “I’m proud to bring an event like this to Detroit, which hasn’t had any big f!ghts in a long time. Bringing it here is something monumental.

“Abraham is a big shot from Europe. He’s undefeated. He’s the favorite. He’s a knockout artist. There’s a lot of anticipation about this f!ght. I’m anticipating this f!ght more than anyone because it‘s my opportunity to show the world that I learn from my mistakes and that I‘m all about perfecting my craft.”

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 03-25-2010 at 01:44 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #35
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Abraham-Dirrell Dispute Over: Agreement on The Officials

By Thomas Schlabe & Mark Vester

There was some drama earlier this week as super middleweight Arthur Abraham and his promoters, Sauerland Event, were upset over the selection of the officials for Saturday's f!ght with Andre Dirrell at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan. The Abraham side was upset over the possible selection of hometown judges, and a hometown referee, for the Dirrell f!ght.

The two sides have reached an agreement on the officials. The referee for the f!ght will be Laurence Cole of the United States. The judges will be Anek Hongtongkam of Thailand, Guido Cavalleri of Italy and Frank Garza of the United States.

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 03-25-2010 at 07:25 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #36
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
6"2 baby 6"2... Amped for this f!ght although I kind of made plans for saturday night...I rather see this dvr or live :- 0 help
 8 years ago '06        #37
space
space

Abraham... "I have enjoyed all my time in the United States but I am looking forward to winning this f!ght, then I can go home and rest.’’

Andre Dirrell on Abraham...“I’m bigger than him, and faster, and am definitely a better boxer."

Weights: Andre Dirrell 167.5, Arthur Abraham 168-Pounds

The weights are in for the first f!ght in the second stage of the Super Six super middleweight tournament. Both f!ghters appear to be in great shape. Undefeated Arthur Abraham, the points leader in the tournament, stepped on the scale and weighed 168-pounds on the dot. Andre Dirrell was half a pound lighter at 167.5. The f!ght takes place on Saturday night at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan.
 8 years ago '06        #38
space
space
Media Experts Pick Abraham to Beat Dirrell

Froch: I'm primed for Saturday's Abraham Dirrell showdown

8 years ago '06        #39
space
space

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 03-26-2010 at 06:49 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #40
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
aww s**t I just got back home at 430 am !!! went out tonight which means I can watch the f**king f!ght sat no dvr!!!!

amped!! hbo dvr and showtime "live"westcoast delay have to do my internet ban so no spoilers...

Can't wait for this f!ght man... I think Dirrell will outclass him for 12 rounds unless he slips in a ko worthy shot
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
42 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
93 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
55 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
73 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
57 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy