Why did Throwback jerseys go out of style?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #21
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
 Lupe Hunter said:
i don't rock throwbacks cause it looks stupid to me

rock Polo with the true religion and my good ol backpack( yes i'm a backpack nerd)
true religions suck. apc's are better for the price
 8 years ago '09        #22
ShowTimesince79 
space
space
$346 | Props total: 0 0
 ChickzNKickz said:
28th Street....

All My NY ni99az know wat I'm talking bout......

hell yea....i used to rack up down there. the funny s**t was alot of what cats thought were knock-offs were the real joints, just cheap-ass hell, really shows how these companies r*pe n*ggas. on topic tho, i still rock jerseys cuz imma a huge sports fan and its all about reppin teams and players that i like in the 1st place. i was rockin them joints before it became a fad and i'll always rock'em.
 8 years ago '06        #23
PokeyG82 
space
space
$281 | Props total: 0 0
Everyone wearing the knockoffs Mitchell & Ness messed the game up. They just weren't as exclusive anymore like someone mention above. The bootleggers k!lled the Brett Favre Atlanta Falcons Jersey. What really tripped me out is when I see some old guy with a knockoff that just has a city no name with 00 rocking them with some sandals and swear they were fresh and in style.
 8 years ago '04        #24
GABoyInNC478910 
space
space
$367 | Props total: 0 0
 Lungs said:
the fake throwback game/knock offs flooded the market, thus making people sour

sort of like Bapes (which were always garbage) died as soon as fakes/knock offs were everywhere

most dudes are only concerned with how exclusive their s**t is, so if all of a sudden everyone has their s**t they're off that
Definitely agree with you on this one. Man once throwbacks started to show up in the streets heavy you could really tell the real from the fake. Bootleggers k!lled that s**t really.
 8 years ago '06        #25
cleavon15 
space
space
$987 | Props total: 87 87
^^^just like Jordans are now. with the bootlegging and all that
And to add to the point of artists contributing to what people wear, DFB tried getting people of jerseys and on to the "white tee" phase. Whatever works for you, but i can't be thinking i'm fresh with a plain white tee. it is what it is. Plain
 8 years ago '06        #26
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
 Illuminati said:
lol seriously, I like Jay-Z but wow. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around one musician deading a fad.
it wasn't just that... everywhere u looked someone was rockin a throwback then the fake ones started popping up... once a style becomes popular then it starts to die.
 8 years ago '06        #27
nyckid718 
space
space
$56 | Props total: 0 0
^^^^^^^^
i have to agree with the man.....once i saw people wearin them backwards i was jus
 8 years ago '05        #28
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,786 | Props total: 4729 4729
i dont wear jerseys...im 30 plus...give me a crisp pait of jeans....n*gga, button ups

i swear it was like over night that the clubs that allowed throwbacks a week ago, automaically started enforcing a strict dresscode

but i also think all the made up teams and negro-league throwbacks became corny after a while
 8 years ago '04        #29
RuggedSouljah 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 37 37
I'll tell you why, OVER-SATURATION.

Throwback jerseys (and jerseys in general) used to be somewhat of a rarity, then once everybody started to wear them all the time it became (like a couple other people said) a fad. People started to wear them just for the f**k of it. I was talkin' to one of my boys who had a throwback Clyde Drexler, he didn't even know who the f**k he was.
 8 years ago '06        #30
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
It's bound to become a trend again, trust me. I was never in to jerseys and s**t like that anyway. All I had was one, and that was Iverson's 76ers. I was a teenager at the time. With my fresh white air forces realll baggy a.ss jeans lookin like juelz santana in his old dipset videos lmao. Had the whole fit for that lmao
 11-20-2009, 06:30 PM         #31
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some are still cool once in a while, as long as they aren't excessively baggy and you are in shape.
 8 years ago '09        #32
youngrob 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,186 | Props total: 14 14
cuz they look wack as hell imho...
 11-20-2009, 07:01 PM         #33
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cause of over saturated pop bulls**t, really, just like du rags, why doesnt any one rock du rags, style is only hot when its not overly saturated because its style, if you love a pair of Jordans and nobody has em, you would wear them when ever you wanted to stand out and look right, right? So if one day you went out and you 15 other people rocking your shoes you probably would feel the need to buy a new pair/different color,

Its just people jump on fashion fads because they want to keep up with the jones, all the idiots in this thread talking about " I still rock em cause Im fresh and everybody was fake" n*gga please if thats what you want to wear then do by that all means but quit with the "Im real" garbage cause if you was you wouldnt rock them s**ts at all you would be rocking some s**t that nobody else wears , you rock em cause they used to be hott, and now that they not you feel you can still pull it off and look like you doing something if the joint is fresh and clean.

And also my 2 cents

White boys k!ll fashion thats the other secret reason.........I think they are called "Wiggas" shhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell nobody
 8 years ago '06        #34
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 602 602
jerseys went out b/c it was over manufactured... at first getting the oldest throwback was cool, but when jerseys stopped becoming expensive and every team had a throwback of every player, ppl stopped caring... basically a fad.

i wear mine to games and outside activities.... that's about it.
 8 years ago '08        #35
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,314 | Props total: 13691 13691
Cant remember the last time I saw somebody on the street rocking a jersey
 8 years ago '07        #36
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 411 411
they went outta style with baggy clothes n*ggas weigh 140lbs tryna wear 3x shirts
 8 years ago '05        #37
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15783 15783
 SkateboardT said:
because women realized its not a good look to be seen with grown a.ss men who dress like they're 14 years old
I saw a bad a.ss chick with a n*gga at the club this past thursday with a jersey on and this isn't only time I seen him and her together, and he was rocking a throwback. Throw logic out the window and don't a.ssume anything.
 8 years ago '05        #38
The Problem 
space
space
$1,636 | Props total: 289 289
they got swapped out when the nerd look and skinny jeans came into style
 11-22-2009, 10:43 PM         #39
jose.risi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cause broke n*ggas started wearing them
 8 years ago '04        #40
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,660 | Props total: 5346 5346
n*ggas still wearing du-rags .. thats not a fukkin trend ... those stocking caps with tommy gear on the side , those were a trend .
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
113 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy