Why did Throwback jerseys go out of style?

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
244 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
403 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #1
10526 pageviews
47 comments

Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,758 | Props total: 9013 9013
Why did Throwback jerseys go out of style?

Outside of being a fad, why did they go out of style? Any specific reason? Doing an a.ssignment on fashion trends and was given this, would appreciate any and all responses...

47 comments for "Why did Throwback jerseys go out of style?"

8 years ago '06        #2
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
yeah i loved rockin throwbacks since i'm such a big sports fan... i think jay-z officially buried it when he rocked a button up on change clothes and dirt off your shoulders... i know everybody was swagga jackin after that.
 8 years ago '08        #3
Illuminati 192 heat pts192 OP
space
space
lol seriously, I like Jay-Z but wow. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around one musician deading a fad.
 8 years ago '04        #4
2 FN LoW 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 0 0
I still rock throwbacks...mostly baseball jerseys, not so much basketball jerseys...Mitchell & Ness FTW!!!...They didnt go out of style, they just aren't as big as they use to be cause the whole street wear thing kicked into high gear...everybody is always lookin for that "next new thing" to jump on and with throwbacks and jerseys, theres not much you can do with them, the throwbacks are the same now as they were years ago, so they sort of got old...It was like a pretty limited fit....Something you cant update gets old....Whereas streetwear brands are continuously taking their logos and creating all sorts of shirts and designs and collaborating with every other brand out there to create something unique...It offers a continous variety, a difference in products and style without any interruption...
 8 years ago '04        #5
noshirtforyou 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,448 | Props total: 0 0
Also I think that you should only be wearing basketball jerseys in the summer when its nice out and you can showcase ur guns at the barbecue or out shoppin.... You dont really look fresh rockin a BBall jersey anywhere unless your watchin the game or at the game.. Id rock a nice throw back but summer time only
 8 years ago '06        #6
DonYBE 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,986 | Props total: 1947 1947
It went out of style when they started making throwback jerseys of teams and players that didn't exist, lol. But seriously, it was just a fad, and like all the MANY fads, it dies over time.
 8 years ago '09        #7
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,515 | Props total: 5705 5705
i don't rock throwbacks cause it looks stupid to me

rock Polo with the true religion and my good ol backpack( yes i'm a backpack nerd)

Last edited by Lupe Hunter; 11-19-2009 at 07:45 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #8
mikeydooodie 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,903 | Props total: 201 201
a jersey isnt a fad bc sports isnt a fad maybe wearing a 6xl jersey when you should be wearing an xl is out of style but not rockin a jersey ... if anyone says its out of style means they dont watch sports and they ewre just wearing it bc their fav rapper was
 8 years ago '05        #9
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,202 | Props total: 15738 15738
 mikeydooodie said:
a jersey isnt a fad bc sports isnt a fad maybe wearing a 6xl jersey when you should be wearing an xl is out of style but not rockin a jersey ... if anyone says its out of style means they dont watch sports and they ewre just wearing it bc their fav rapper was
Basically, I'm a sports fan...so I'm going to keep wearing them. People are followers...to concern with what your favorite artist is telling you to wear.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '08        #10
SecondComing101 3 heat pts
space
space
$380 | Props total: 0 0
Throwback jerseys and rockin jerseys never went out of style, its just that some people are leaders and others are followers. the people who were rockin jerseys back then and still rock it now shows you that they were really feelin it from the start. But the followers allowed people like jay-z and others to dictate what's hot on the market and decided to follow.

I'd still rock or buy a jersey in 2009.cuz i love that s**t and it looks kinda fly in a way
 8 years ago '04        #11
BobTheBuilder 
space
space
$4,032 | Props total: 217 217
nothing goes out of style if you are your own person stop listening to everything you hear in a rap song because next thing you know n*ggas will be wearin thongs n miniskirts cause jay-z said its cool too
 8 years ago '06        #12
mikeydooodie 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,903 | Props total: 201 201
 BobTheBuilder said:
nothing goes out of style if you are your own person stop listening to everything you hear in a rap song because next thing you know n*ggas will be wearin thongs n miniskirts cause jay-z said its cool too
for real im not gonna lie jay was a trend setter but now hes a hypocrite like mad people have pictures here 'TIMBS WE OFF THAT' on empire video shoot hes wearing timbs like n*gga are you serious?

jay z let the jews ruin him
 8 years ago '08        #13
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
I think it's when cat's started getting them joints for $30
 11-19-2009, 09:08 PM         #14
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cuz jay-z decided not to wear it anymore
 11-19-2009, 09:15 PM         #15
Lungs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the fake throwback game/knock offs flooded the market, thus making people sour

sort of like Bapes (which were always garbage) died as soon as fakes/knock offs were everywhere

most dudes are only concerned with how exclusive their s**t is, so if all of a sudden everyone has their s**t they're off that
 8 years ago '08        #16
Illuminati 192 heat pts192 OP
space
space
Appreciate the responses homies.
 8 years ago '04        #17
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 1575 1575
 Lungs said:
the fake throwback game/knock offs flooded the market, thus making people sour

sort of like Bapes (which were always garbage) died as soon as fakes/knock offs were everywhere

most dudes are only concerned with how exclusive their s**t is, so if all of a sudden everyone has their s**t they're off that
I've never seen anything bootlegged as heavy as Jerseys were. The funny part was that the fakes got to be so good. The had all the reals patches and everything. I got a couple from those Warehouses in NY and took them to the Mitchell & Ness store in Philly and they said they were real!

I think was really k!lled it was all the other bulls**t that started coming out like The NIKE Rewind series and Those reebok throwbacks. They should have just left it to M&N
 8 years ago '05        #18
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1486 1486
most rocked jerseys because its was the thing to do...people gonna keep wearing them cause thats ya team...i got me a franco harris and terry bradshaw throw back i wear on sundays or sometimes to another sporting event
 11-19-2009, 10:40 PM         #19
Lungs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illuminati said:
Appreciate the responses homies.
word good luck with the report my dude
 8 years ago '05        #20
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,984 | Props total: 10681 10681
28th Street....

All My NY ni99az know wat I'm talking bout......
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy