Official MLB Off-Season Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #121
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 stunna2004 said:
Word, but Boston has had bad luck with Short Stops. Boston should've traded for Uggla and moved Ped's to SS. But the money and years given to Scutaro wasn't excessive and much isn't expected of him, he's batting 9th most likely.
Werd, people were expecting Scutaro to make a lot more on the market, and I just read somewhere that supposedly he said that another team had offered more money. I was kind of iffy on makin a push for him on account of now we have to give up our first round pick, but we didn't really overpay him (like we did with f**king Lugo) and the front office has done well in the draft, so I can live with it
 8 years ago '07        #122
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,406 | Props total: 69927 69927
 BoSox84 said:
Werd, people were expecting Scutaro to make a lot more on the market, and I just read somewhere that supposedly he said that another team had offered more money. I was kind of iffy on makin a push for him on account of now we have to give up our first round pick, but we didn't really overpay him (like we did with f**king Lugo) and the front office has done well in the draft, so I can live with it
that other team was oakland...
 8 years ago '07        #123
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,406 | Props total: 69927 69927
Figgins reaches 4-year agreement with Mariners

10:03pm: Not sure if this moves the story forward, but the AP says the Mariners and Figgins have a preliminary agreement on a four-year, $36MM deal.
talk about s**ttin on ya old team to go to a division rival...
 8 years ago '04        #124
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,688 | Props total: 13091 13091
 Bkjj11 said:
Figgins reaches 4-year agreement with Mariners

talk about s**ttin on ya old team to go to a division rival...
Mariners are reportedly going hard after Lackey and Bay. If they get those 2, you can hand them the AL West.
 8 years ago '04        #125
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Ya and Boston has some young cuban or dominican SS in the low minors who might be ready for the Bigs by the time Scutaro is done. Hopefully Theo doesn't trade him for Josh Johnson like the Hanley Beckett deal lol.
 8 years ago '05        #126
BoSox84 
space
space
 stunna2004 said:
Ya and Boston has some young cuban or dominican SS in the low minors who might be ready for the Bigs by the time Scutaro is done. Hopefully Theo doesn't trade him for Josh Johnson like the Hanley Beckett deal lol.
Man, I still wish we coulda traded half the farm system instead of Hanley But yeah, we got that Cuban SS that's a couple years away. Hopefully he'll be ready when Scutaro's deal is up. And hopefully Scutaro can avoid flopping like every other SS we've signed
 8 years ago '04        #127
space
space
Anything's an improvement over Rent-A-Wreck, Nick Green, and Lowrie.
 8 years ago '06        #128
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
True lol ^
good signing though

now lets get two big bats, bring in soriano for the pen and one more sp.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #129
space
space
OK a Left Fielder, now where else is that other big bat going to play?
 8 years ago '05        #130
BoSox84 
space
space
As long as they don't move Buchholz to get either Halladay or a big bat, I'm cool with whatever at this point.
 8 years ago '04        #131
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
As long as they don't move Buchholz to get either Halladay or a big bat, I'm cool with whatever at this point.
It's believed that they're going hard to get Rich Harden or Justin Ducsherer so that trading Buccholz away won't take away from their depth.
 8 years ago '06        #132
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
Doubt they will trade clay for either one ^
if anything sign lackey, trade for miguel cabrera or adrian gonzalez
move youk to third and trade lowell for some bags of chips
Posted via Mobile Device

oh and sign bay or holliday lol
 8 years ago '04        #133
space
space
 Manny05 said:
Doubt they will trade clay for either one ^
if anything sign lackey, trade for miguel cabrera or adrian gonzalez
move youk to third and trade lowell for some bags of chips
Posted via Mobile Device

oh and sign bay or holliday lol
Harden and Duke are FA's, they just wanna sign 1 of them so that they can trade Buch for someone else. Sox won't p!ss off Beckett by signing Lackey to a long term deal. Trading for Cabrera is the most realistic option but Detroit is probably gonna want top prospects. LOL @ Lowell, Theo said he'd eat half the contract of Lowell and nobody still wants a part of him.
 8 years ago '05        #134
BoSox84 
space
space
I wouldn't mind signing either Harden or Ducsherer as long as they get small guaranteed money and performance bonuses.
 8 years ago '04        #135
space
space
I'd love for my team to snag Bedard or Duke, resign Pettitte and Damon, sign Rafael Soriano or Brandon Lyon. Don't want Halladay unless Toronto takes lesser prospects.
 8 years ago '06        #136
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
 stunna2004 said:
Harden and Duke are FA's, they just wanna sign 1 of them so that they can trade Buch for someone else. Sox won't p!ss off Beckett by signing Lackey to a long term deal. Trading for Cabrera is the most realistic option but Detroit is probably gonna want top prospects. LOL @ Lowell, Theo said he'd eat half the contract of Lowell and nobody still wants a part of him.
oh harden is a FA?
i kept hearing about how cubs wanted to trade him and all..
thats even better, id sign him to a cheap contract and just get the two bats that we need.`
 8 years ago '04        #137
space
space
LF, and where else? You guys have every position locked down. Hope your not serious thinking someone in their right mind will trade for Lowell or Ortiz.
 8 years ago '04        #138
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

Trading for Halladay and prying him away from Red Sox Nation would be just as big, if not bigger, than when we swooped in on Teixeira last offseason.

I'd give up Joba before Hughes...Montero is untouchable...but they could feast on the other top prospects Austin Jackson, Mark Melancon...shyt i'd even consider Romine.

I say make the push for Halladay.
Yeah, trading for him would have Red Sox Nation heated.

If a trade did go down, I don't know who I would trade first. It would be weird facing the highly emotional/volatile Joba. He would hold a grudge that could come back to bite us. Unless you think Hughes is gonna be a dominant starter I say f**k it and trade him. I think Joba could be the future closer after Mo so I would actually keep him. Never been that big on Austin Jackson or Melancon so if they got packaged I wouldn't shed a tear.

I got a weird feeling that we are going to get him for some reason.
 8 years ago '04        #139
space
space
They can have Joba. And with Halladay, CC, AJ, and Hughes, them having Joba won't bother us.
 8 years ago '06        #140
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
 stunna2004 said:
LF, and where else? You guys have every position locked down. Hope your not serious thinking someone in their right mind will trade for Lowell or Ortiz.
Drop lowell
lowell is bound to be a dh in a year or two
get rid of him while we still can

i have alot of respect for him, great player and all.. But what matters is the future of the team you know..
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc