Official MLB Off-Season Thread

most viewed right now
 129
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 84
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
298 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 70
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 47
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #641
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 741 741
Royals sign Ankiel

Im calling it now. Jason Kendall.....Scott Posednik.....Rick Ankiel... MOTHERf**kING CHAMPIONSHIP CUZ!!



LOL
 8 years ago '04        #642
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,753 | Props total: 13138 13138
 YoDoods said:
Royals sign Ankiel

Im calling it now. Jason Kendall.....Scott Posednik.....Rick Ankiel... MOTHERf**kING CHAMPIONSHIP CUZ!!



LOL
Poor Greinke, going to be wasting his prime years on a losing team for the next decade.
 8 years ago '04        #643
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 741 741
 stunna2004 said:
Poor Greinke, going to be wasting his prime years on a losing team for the next decade.

Ankiel wasnt a bad signing though. He has upside unlike Scotty P and Kendall.
 8 years ago '05        #644
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
Padres To Sign Matt Stairs

The Padres will sign Matt Stairs, according to a tweet from ESPN's Jerry Crasnick. The soon-to-be 42-year-old has a minor league deal with a major league invite, though Crasnick says (via Twitter) that it appears he has a very good chance of making the roster.

Stairs is hoping to be San Diego's left-handed bat off of the bench. Earlier in the week, Crasnick reported that Stairs dropped a whopping 31 pounds in order to get himself into shape for Spring Training.

Stairs hit .194/.357/.379 with 5 HRs in 129 plate appearances for the Phillies last season.
 8 years ago '05        #645
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
Phillies, Ruiz Agree To Multi-Year Deal

The deal is worth $8.85MM over three seasons, according to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com. The contract includes a fourth-year club option of $5MM with a five-year buyout as well as performance incentives for games started.
 8 years ago '05        #646
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
so we had 3 guys arbitration eligible (shane, blanton, ruiz) and we end up signing all of them to 3 year deals , our team is pretty much in place now...time for pitchers and catchers :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '08        #647
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
avatar space
space
$39,333 | Props total: 13705 13705
Lol johnny damon still hasnt signed with a team yet
 8 years ago '07        #648
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
avatar space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
^^ the guy is so awkward in interviews its hilarious
 8 years ago '04        #649
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
avatar space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 4681 4681
 StateProperty88 said:
Phillies, Ruiz Agree To Multi-Year Deal
You're about to lose major offense in Werth though pretty soon with all that money you guys just handed over. Amaro said he highly doubts Werth will be back if he continues mashing and goes into FA market.
 8 years ago '04        #650
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
avatar space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 4681 4681
Also Johnny just needs to take his L and come back for $2 mil. Right now the only other team with serious interest is OAK and that's as a back up plan if they can't sign Ben Sheets but why the f**k would he want to go there for?
 8 years ago '05        #651
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 RoyceDa59 said:
You're about to lose major offense in Werth though pretty soon with all that money you guys just handed over. Amaro said he highly doubts Werth will be back if he continues mashing and goes into FA market.
yeah your right but i think that will be because more of his asking price then us resigning this guy. some reports say that he is going to start out with asking for 20 mil a year , it will come down but there is no way they are going to resign him to a tag like that especially if you plan on paying howard and utley. werth and rollins are going to be unfortunately gone at the end of their contracts i think. and also during all this halladay rumors that were swirling around one guy they refused to give up was dominick brown, and it looks like he will be werth's replacement when he leaves
 8 years ago '04        #652
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 StateProperty88 said:
so we had 3 guys arbitration eligible (shane, blanton, ruiz) and we end up signing all of them to 3 year deals , our team is pretty much in place now...time for pitchers and catchers :dancingcool:
Yeah since our football seasons are over

Anyway, I expect a rematch come October/November.
 8 years ago '05        #653
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 tazbk said:
Yeah since our football seasons are over

Anyway, I expect a rematch come October/November.
yeah you do have something that belongs to us i believe
 8 years ago '05        #654
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
 YoDoods said:
Royals sign Ankiel

Im calling it now. Jason Kendall.....Scott Posednik.....Rick Ankiel... MOTHERf**kING CHAMPIONSHIP CUZ!!



LOL
i wouuldnt count kansas city out any team in that division can take the division crown at any given year
 8 years ago '04        #655
casper 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 StateProperty88 said:
yeah your right but i think that will be because more of his asking price then us resigning this guy. some reports say that he is going to start out with asking for 20 mil a year , it will come down but there is no way they are going to resign him to a tag like that especially if you plan on paying howard and utley. werth and rollins are going to be unfortunately gone at the end of their contracts i think. and also during all this halladay rumors that were swirling around one guy they refused to give up was dominick brown, and it looks like he will be werth's replacement when he leaves
yea, thats what im worried about too, werth.

the one thing we gotta think about is, we need to replace werth, & also ibanez will be falling off as well...

phils k!ll me wit these 3 year deals all the time

this team needs to stick together, werth is a hell of a player, id really hate to see him go

players we need to think about filling the void of - rollins, werth, ibanez, polanco (we'll still need a 3rd baseman) & cant forget the closer if lidge does what he did last year


Last edited by casper; 01-25-2010 at 06:39 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #656
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
avatar space
space
$39,333 | Props total: 13705 13705
Cubs signed Xavier Nady..........A's signed Ben Sheets(1 yr 10 mill)
 8 years ago '04        #657
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,753 | Props total: 13138 13138
Orioles signed IF Miguel Tejada to a one-year, $6 million contract.
Good sign.

Yankees acquired OF Greg Golson from the Rangers for IF Mitch Hilligoss and cash considerations.
5th OF'er i suppose

Phillies claimed IF Brian Bocock off waivers from the Blue Jays.
@ his last name
 8 years ago '04        #658
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,753 | Props total: 13138 13138
 dj ac said:
Cubs signed Xavier Nady..........A's signed Ben Sheets(1 yr 10 mill)
A rebuilding team who has no shot for atleast 2 years signs the most injury prone pitcher aside from pavano. Wait, if they sign Damon, Beane has officially lost his marbles.
 8 years ago '08        #659
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
avatar space
space
$39,333 | Props total: 13705 13705
Jim thome signed with the twins
 8 years ago '04        #660
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
avatar space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 4681 4681
f**k, Yankees just signed Randy Winn
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 77
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 43
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 38
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy