Official MLB Off-Season Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
31 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
103 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
271 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #441
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 stunna2004 said:
If they can somehow sell high on Nick Swisher before he regresses i'd be all for getting Holliday for LF and sticking Melky in RF.
The thing about a trade involving Swisher, it could mess with the chemistry this team has built over the course of last year, with Swish being huge part of that.

I'm not the biggest fan of Swish, but he has a place in this Yankees lineup. He holds the Yankee philosophy in his approach to working the count...and its nice to not have a "superstar" at every position.

I wish he had a stronger arm in RF, and he'd be my favorite player. But these girly arms eventually need to go. (Loved Damon, but ain't gunna miss the ol' noodle arm)
 8 years ago '07        #442
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
$92,659 | Props total: 70236 70236
 stunna2004 said:
His career numbers are skewed for the time spent in Colorado.

Holliday stats on the road

.284 BA (70 pts lower than home)
.353 OBP (70 pts lower than home)
.808 OPS (almost 200 pts. lower than home)

Blowing the bank on this guy = There's a reason why he's not signed and all the GM's know it. Red Sox made a fair market value offer to him. Boras has no leverage. the Yankees will NOT get involved which means this guy is going to end up being this year's Adam Dunn if the Cards dont bring him back.
Bruh, u act like tropicana is not a deep ballpark and its turf, and we know carl speed, come on dude, ball get by on the skippy turf or lost in the lights in that dome. Can't blame colorado for everything. Again, i don't want matt nor carl as of now, but road wise, tha blue jays dome=tropicana, green monster, right field wall in b'more and homerun park in ny, carl clearly has the advantage on the road, but his numbers still aren't impressive compared to matt.

I could care less what matt want, but If the yankees can get dunn at 2-year, 10 mil deal, that lineup will look like the '05 yanks. That's just me tho.
 8 years ago '04        #443
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,753 | Props total: 13138 13138
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
The thing about a trade involving Swisher, it could mess with the chemistry this team has built over the course of last year, with Swish being huge part of that.

I'm not the biggest fan of Swish, but he has a place in this Yankees lineup. He holds the Yankee philosophy in his approach to working the count...and its nice to not have a "superstar" at every position.

I wish he had a stronger arm in RF, and he'd be my favorite player. But these girly arms eventually need to go. (Loved Damon, but ain't gunna miss the ol' noodle arm)
That's why I'm saying if Cashman can deal'em, he should. He was "cheap" last year but he'll up to 9-10MM next year. Hardly the price you want to pay an avg defender and someone who gets his HR's and walks but strikes out a ton and has his fare share of slumps. And if the chemistry thing was a problem, Damon would've been brought back.
 8 years ago '06        #444
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:
I could care less what matt want, but If the yankees can get dunn at 2-year, 10 mil deal, that lineup will look like the '05 yanks. That's just me tho.
And the '05 Yanks didn't win anything that year...that's just me

8 years ago '04        #445
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:
DUNN'S NOT A FREE AGENT!!!
 8 years ago '06        #446
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 stunna2004 said:
That's why I'm saying if Cashman can deal'em, he should. He was "cheap" last year but he'll up to 9-10MM next year. Hardly the price you want to pay an avg defender and someone who gets his HR's and walks but strikes out a ton and has his fare share of slumps. And if the chemistry thing was a problem, Damon would've been brought back.
Cash said bringing back Damon could have possibly HURT the team chemistry. He compared it to the Bobby Abreu situation.

Paraphrasing...he said that bringing back a veteran into the same clubhouse after an excellent season but having to take a pay cut, could cause some rumblings regardless. A player might resent the fact that he was asked to take a cut, while he contributed, and others were brought in who would make more than me.

So obviously Cash is taking chemistry into consideration...which is a vastly underrated aspect in building a team.
 8 years ago '04        #447
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
Cash said bringing back Damon could have possibly HURT the team chemistry. He compared it to the Bobby Abreu situation.

Paraphrasing...he said that bringing back a veteran into the same clubhouse after an excellent season but having to take a pay cut, could cause some rumblings regardless. A player might resent the fact that he was asked to take a cut, while he contributed, and others were brought in who would make more than me.

So obviously Cash is taking chemistry into consideration...which is a vastly underrated aspect in building a team.
True but now Damon will probably have to settle for a 1 year deal . Yanks probably won't do anything else this offseason other than bringing in a starter. Getting their wallets ready to extend Jeter/Rivera.
 8 years ago '07        #448
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
 stunna2004 said:
DUNN'S NOT A FREE AGENT!!!
Jeez, read my previous posts where I mentioned dunn, I said in 2010. Damn read. Why ya mentioning crawford? Cuz he's a FA in 2010 right?

Damn hop off my d*ck and pay attention.
 8 years ago '06        #449
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:
Jeez, read my previous posts where I mentioned dunn, I said in 2010. Damn read. Why ya mentioning crawford? Cuz he's a FA in 2010 right?

Damn hop off my d*ck and pay attention.
So instead of comparing Crawford to Holliday, you'd rather compare Crawford to Dunn?

Please, enlighten me...
 8 years ago '07        #450
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
And the '05 Yanks didn't win anything that year...that's just me

U do realize nobody on the yankees in 01-05 that was signed isn't on the team anymore?

Just sayin, pay attention. Adam dunn gets hits and drive in runs, I wonder who the yankees gonna turn to after the 2010 season in the 5 hole...matsui isn't here, s**t a rbi man is needed in 2010
 8 years ago '04        #451
space
space
BKJ, just post the news and STFU. You give Yankees fans a real bad name. Didn't know the Yankees were starved for power when they lead the f**king league in HR's, RBI's and Runs. Granderson/Johnson won't equal the total amount of HR's lost from Matsui/Damon but having A-Rod for a full year will.

Last edited by GarySanchize24; 12-21-2009 at 06:07 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #452
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
So instead of comparing Crawford to Holliday, you'd rather compare Crawford to Dunn?

Please, enlighten me...
Bruh, pay attention!!! Lol

I don't want adam dunn to play LF. I would rather have dunn, in 2010, to be the yankees DH. Dunn isn't injury prone, and he can still play the field, crawford can play all 3 outfields, correct? Well dunn can play the corner outfield, and he can play first, and guess what, he can f**kin hit, givin teix, or whoever the yankee outfielders are, can be a dh once in a while without takin anyone out the lineup.

Gettin a number 5 hitter like Dunn after 2010 is pretty good, better than nick johnson who only plays first and is injury prone, right?

My beef with Crawford is this, he's a beast, no doubt, but the yankees keep talkin about gettin younger and building their farm, but they just traded austin jackson lol. Who was once untouchable. Gardner and Melky don't even know if they'll be a yankee. So guess what, they'll spend millions to get crawford but won't invest time with the young guys that are already yankees.

Its obvious jeter is the last of a dying breed with young yankees being a long term yankee, but lets be honest, we just won a WS, we don't need crawford, use yea, need no.
 8 years ago '06        #453
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:
U do realize nobody on the yankees in 01-05 that was signed isn't on the team anymore?

Just sayin, pay attention. Adam dunn gets hits and drive in runs, I wonder who the yankees gonna turn to after the 2010 season in the 5 hole...matsui isn't here, s**t a rbi man is needed in 2010
Your logic baffles me.

I've paid attention long enough to realize why Yankee fans are some of the most hated, ignorant, and non-educated fans in all of sports. I commend you for your passion for the team, but you are one of those fans.

I've paid my dues long enough sitting front row behind the 3rd base on-deck circle in my pops' company seats rooting for the likes of Matt Nokes and Jesse Barfield. You don't have to tell ME to pay attention, I've paid attention long enough. Long enough that I started following the Knicks, since nobody cared enough to ruin the fun of being an actual FAN of a team for me.
 8 years ago '07        #454
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
 stunna2004 said:
BKJ, just post the news and STFU. You give Yankees fans a real bad name. Didn't know the Yankees were starved for power when they lead the f**king league in HR's, RBI's and Runs. Granderson/Johnson won't equal the total amount of HR's lost from Matsui/Damon but having A-Rod for a full year will.
:rollaugh: we had a-rod before and a-rod can't two more dudes. Hahaha that's the dumbest s**t I read all day.

So right now, nick johnson numbers gonna look like what? I just wanna know that.

Curtis clearly gonna outshine damon, but I wanna see what johnson numbers gonna look like. Hurry n post before my phone die...
 8 years ago '07        #455
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
Your logic baffles me.

I've paid attention long enough to realize why Yankee fans are some of the most hated, ignorant, and non-educated fans in all of sports. I commend you for your passion for the team, but you are one of those fans.

I've paid my dues long enough sitting front row behind the 3rd base on-deck circle in my pops' company seats rooting for the likes of Matt Nokes and Jesse Barfield. You don't have to tell ME to pay attention, I've paid attention long enough. Long enough that I started following the Knicks, since nobody cared enough to ruin the fun of being an actual FAN of a team for me.
Bruh, I don't care about your personal issues, cuz that's all it is, you're not saying anything but "oh your this and that" instead of creating your own logic to defend your stance. good job by taking the tailor-made b**ch way out :applause: you're the truth homie.

And again, you're a knicks fan? Hahahahahaha lmao. s**t no wonder u so pissed.
 8 years ago '06        #456
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:
Bruh, I don't care about your personal issues, cuz that's all it is, you're not saying anything but "oh your this and that" instead of creating your own logic to defend your stance. good job by taking the tailor-made b**ch way out :applause: you're the truth homie.

And again, you're a knicks fan? Hahahahahaha lmao. s**t no wonder u so pissed.
I don't know why I bother...

at me
 8 years ago '07        #457
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
^

Drunks hilarious
 8 years ago '07        #458
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
I don't know why I bother...

at me
So tell me your stance is then. Cuz u don't say s**t but b**ch and complain like a girl on her period.

Do u like the signing of nick johnson? And what kind of contract would you give carl crawford...
 8 years ago '06        #459
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:
So tell me your stance is then. Cuz u don't say s**t but b**ch and complain like a girl on her period.

Do u like the signing of nick johnson? And what kind of contract would you give carl crawford...
If you want to know my stance...PAY ATTENTION, BRUH!!! I was the first person to respond in this thread after the signing.

I'd pay his market value, and if I had to overpay...I'd have to take all things into consideration. (i.e. Lee's pending FA)

Cashman has set himself up this season by not only getting younger and more athletic...but by saving $$$ in the process. After coming off a WS victory, this team doesn't have to make a blockbuster move now...they can afford to wait it out and make a move at the deadline, or wait til next years pending Free Agency, which is a better pool of talent than this years.
 8 years ago '07        #460
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
If you want to know my stance...PAY ATTENTION, BRUH!!! I was the first person to respond in this thread after the signing.

I'd pay his market value, and if I had to overpay...I'd have to take all things into consideration. (i.e. Lee's pending FA)

Cashman has set himself up this season by not only getting younger and more athletic...but by saving $$$ in the process. After coming off a WS victory, this team doesn't have to make a blockbuster move now...they can afford to wait it out and make a move at the deadline, or wait til next years pending Free Agency, which is a better pool of talent than this years.
Now without b**chin and moaning like you and stunna do, I respect your opinion and stance BRUH!!!

If the yankees gonna let damon go and replace granderson, fine that's actually a big upgrade in everything minus strikeouts (power, glove, speed, age)

However, throwing away chump change for Nick Johnson isn't getting younger nor more athletic, cuz the yankees still want mark derosa at a nick johnson price. U can't promise nick gonna have a spectacular year or not, but getting someone for one year, like jack cust or hank blalock for one year is good, cuz they can play the field. nick can only play first, and teix got that on lock so if a-rod wanna go dh for a game, nick johnson isn't gonna be playing.

That's why I think the yankees should've gotten a mobile DH if girardi was talkin about givin his players a day to DH.

For next year, lee is commanding 100mil or close to, Carl Crawford is commanding 40-60 mil definitely, so lets say the attendance at the new stadium is s**t still, you think they payin 100 mil for lee? Maybe they'll bargain with carl, but lee is gonna go where the money is right and the yankees aren't givin lee 100 mil.

Bruh!!!! But we'll see.
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
112 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
126 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy