Official MLB Off-Season Thread

most viewed right now
 93
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 78
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 75
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 60
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #381
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
avatar space
space
$39,315 | Props total: 13693 13693
 Bkjj11 said:
Cubs will trade OF Bradley to M's for P Silva
I hope thats not the way their filling their big bat need
 8 years ago '07        #382
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
avatar space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
This is an excellent trade for the M's

I relate Carlos Silva to Bobby Ayala......he was a f**kin waste of money here

I think Bradley will fit in well in seattle because of our fans an media.....unless you REALLY f**k up the Seattle fans dont get bent outta shape about much......i think wit Griffey in the clubhouse the fact that he ads a nice bat to our lineup an that hes replacing sumone like Silva I only expect good things from Bradley

Remember we had Jose Guillen back when people thought he couldnt control his emotions an he did very well here in seattle

Now we need to resign Russell Branyon to a nice little deal......We dont need Jason Bay we need a power hitting lefty
 8 years ago '04        #383
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$25,079 | Props total: 4425 4425
 keithbm1111 said:
you odnt think they're going to the playoffs? i dont see anyone in their division challenging them for the division title.

i think they need to get another bad, jason bay would be a good fit, and they'd be much better. got a dominant 1-2 punch that can get a win everytime they go out
they remind me of the Cleveland team with CC and Lee Bradley's. crazy a.ss just ensures it
 8 years ago '07        #384
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
avatar space
space
$92,560 | Props total: 70200 70200
 MosDefinition said:
they remind me of the Cleveland team with CC and Lee Bradley's. crazy a.ss just ensures it
Bradley won't be an issue, he has the best chance to win right now for the next 2 years, and he's a fan of Griffey, they have a winning lineup, he'll be iight out there.
 8 years ago '04        #385
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,735 | Props total: 13129 13129
Great trade by Seattle. Bradley will thrive splitting time in LF/DH with Griffey. Griffey will keep his a.ss in check too. Milton put up great numbers in the same AL West 2 years ago. Lol @ the Cubs, they stay losing.
 8 years ago '04        #386
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,735 | Props total: 13129 13129
 Bkjj11 said:
Crawford? No

We already have a speed guy and its curtis. Paying for crawford won't solve our problems. Melky/gardner is gonna be str8 in left, and s**t, swisher gonna be trade bait if he does real well this season by july.

Having nick johnson dude stay on the DL bruh. I just disagree with this move.

Yanks next move is to get Sheets, but they already said they not gonna outbid any1 for him. Yanks need another starter
We all know Holliday has more power than Carl Craw. If you haven't realized, the Yankees are moving away from getting only power hitters. Their prioritizing speed, defense, OBP, and all those other intangibles. We really got lucky this year with Philly. Wasn't hard for us to beat them when they threw Pedro at us TWICE and Hamels once lol.

Crawford for our lineup > Holliday for our lineup.
 12-18-2009, 08:18 PM         #387
donnieb33 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Santoro said:
Lol @ the Yankees budgeting.
How is Holiday heavily better than Crawford?
Matt Holiday 29
.313 avg .394 obp .515 slg .909 ops 24 HR 109 RBI 72 BB 101 SO 14 SB
Fielding - .983 FPCT 5 errors

Carl Crawford 28
.305 avg .364 obp .452 slg .816 ops 15 HR 68 RBI 51 BB 99 SO 60 SB
Fielding - .988 FPCT 4 errors

Carl is the better fielder, younger, faster and plays in the best division in baseball.
Holliday is a better power hitter as long as he's in the NL.

I hope to god Carl doesn't go to the darkside.
Fielding %? Really?

Regardless, they're both plus-defenders in LF. About all Crawford has over Holliday is foot speed, and it's not like Holliday's a big lumbering Adam Dunn type. As for the NL argument, it's bulls**t. After a slow start in April Holliday was back to an .850+ OPS the rest of his stay in Oakland, in an extreme pitchers park surrounded by a terrible, terrible lineup. Like I said, Holliday's by far the better player.
 8 years ago '04        #388
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,735 | Props total: 13129 13129
 donnieb33 said:
Fielding %? Really?

Regardless, they're both plus-defenders in LF. About all Crawford has over Holliday is foot speed, and it's not like Holliday's a big lumbering Adam Dunn type. As for the NL argument, it's bulls**t. After a slow start in April Holliday was back to an .850+ OPS the rest of his stay in Oakland, in an extreme pitchers park surrounded by a terrible, terrible lineup. Like I said, Holliday's by far the better player.
Yeah but unless his price comes down to about 15,16MM per year, i'd rather have Carl Crawford. Don't need his power in a lineup that already has plenty of that.
 8 years ago '07        #389
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
avatar space
space
$92,560 | Props total: 70200 70200
 stunna2004 said:
Yeah but unless his price comes down to about 15,16MM per year, i'd rather have Carl Crawford. Don't need his power in a lineup that already has plenty of that.
Matsui, damon gone, that's 50 homeruns.

Yankees need another bat after 2010 and nick johnson isn't it. He isn't it for 2010.

Just my opinion.
 8 years ago '07        #390
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
avatar space
space
$92,560 | Props total: 70200 70200
Lowell back to Red Sox, deal off with Rangers

ESPN MLB - Dallas Morning News: Mike Lowell has torn ligament in thumb; trade off between Red Sox and Rangers
 8 years ago '04        #391
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,735 | Props total: 13129 13129
 Bkjj11 said:
Matsui, damon gone, that's 50 homeruns.

Yankees need another bat after 2010 and nick johnson isn't it. He isn't it for 2010.

Just my opinion.
Granderson can hit 30+ and don't sleep on Johnson he hit 24 like 3 years ago and could do it again this year playing at New Yankee Stadium. Gained better D, got younger, and saved money. Cashman might not be done but Matt Holliday isn't coming.
 8 years ago '05        #392
MATIX 
space
avatar space
space
$7,989 | Props total: 72 72
why is crawfords name in this thread?
 8 years ago '06        #393
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Looks like the sox offered holliday the same deal they gave lackey but he turn it down
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #394
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
avatar space
space
$92,560 | Props total: 70200 70200
 stunna2004 said:
Granderson can hit 30+ and don't sleep on Johnson he hit 24 like 3 years ago and could do it again this year playing at New Yankee Stadium. Gained better D, got younger, and saved money. Cashman might not be done but Matt Holliday isn't coming.
Resigning andy and adding johnson isn't gettin younger buddy. Granderson isn't that young as well.

And the yankees might be trading gardner or melky, depending on who the cubs want cuz the cubs want byrd but they rather trade for a cheaper fielder.

Yeah yanks do wanna save money cuz they can't see the same low audience like last year and invest in another 100mil man. Yanks are rich but not stupid. if the price is right, I won't be surprised after 2010 if the yankees sign Adam Dunn for 2-years. Power lefty is what the yanks can use since matsui, giambi and damon 50+ are gone. Cano isn't gonna replace that nor the switch hitters. Yanks need a power left, dunn is that guy.

johnson gonna be the dh and still get hurt. Watch.


Last edited by Bkjj11; 12-19-2009 at 10:27 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #395
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,735 | Props total: 13129 13129
 Bkjj11 said:
Resigning andy and adding johnson isn't gettin younger buddy. Granderson isn't that young as well.

And the yankees might be trading gardner or melky, depending on who the cubs want cuz the cubs want byrd but they rather trade for a cheaper fielder.

Yeah yanks do wanna save money cuz they can't see the same low audience like last year and invest in another 100mil man. Yanks are rich but not stupid. if the price is right, I won't be surprised after 2010 if the yankees sign Adam Dunn for 2-years. Power lefty is what the yanks can use since matsui, giambi and damon 50+ are gone. Cano isn't gonna replace that nor the switch hitters. Yanks need a power left, dunn is that guy.

johnson gonna be the dh and still get hurt. Watch.
@ Adam Dunn

Granderson's speed and power and Nick Johnson's .430 OBP in the 2 hole will offset Matsui and Damon's offense and defense. Cashman's definately not done, waiting to see what other bargains he can pick up off the DH scrap heap.
 8 years ago '08        #396
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
avatar space
space
$39,315 | Props total: 13693 13693
Adam dunn could hit 50 hrs in that stadium I mean yea he strikes out alot bt his obp isn't bad at all
 8 years ago '04        #397
casper 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
lol, this is turning into a yankees thread
 8 years ago '07        #398
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 donnieb33 said:
Fielding %? Really?

Regardless, they're both plus-defenders in LF. About all Crawford has over Holliday is foot speed, and it's not like Holliday's a big lumbering Adam Dunn type. As for the NL argument, it's bulls**t. After a slow start in April Holliday was back to an .850+ OPS the rest of his stay in Oakland, in an extreme pitchers park surrounded by a terrible, terrible lineup. Like I said, Holliday's by far the better player.
Holliday is not leaps and bounds better than Crawford where did you get this from??

 MATIX said:
why is crawfords name in this thread?
 12-20-2009, 01:36 AM         #399
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For the other 3/4's of the league who CAN'T spend money and bid for the top guys..

My Cincinnati Reds, restructured and gave an extension to Scott Rolen's contract.

Great move. Adds some cash to play with. Which I'm guessing will go to a couple of bats off the bench and/or a candidate for 5th in the rotation.
 8 years ago '07        #400
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
avatar space
space
$92,560 | Props total: 70200 70200
 stunna2004 said:
@ Adam Dunn

Granderson's speed and power and Nick Johnson's .430 OBP in the 2 hole will offset Matsui and Damon's offense and defense. Cashman's definately not done, waiting to see what other bargains he can pick up off the DH scrap heap.
Johnson in the 2hole=death of the yankees lol.

And u don't like the idea of dunn? Are u fareal? The dude that avgs like 40 pops a year, and can play more than one position especially in the outfield isn't a benefit to the yankees? Bruh come on lol.

Granderson in the 2 is a great fit or even leadin odd.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 51
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
184 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 50
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 41
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 30
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
51 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy