Official MLB Off-Season Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #301
Bkjj11 3551 heat pts3551
space
space
$92,725 | Props total: 70283 70283
Yankees "very interested" in P Ben Sheets

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports zhears that the Yankees are "very interested" in Ben Sheets , though they don't believe the righty is in a hurry to sign.zWhen the Yanks met with agent Casey Closezat the Winter Meetings, it became apparentzthat they had some interest in Sheets , in spite of suggestions that he could seek $12MM per season z(quite an ambitious target, in my opinion).

Now that the Red Sox have agreed to terms with John Lackey , it may be the Yankees' turn to add a former All Star of their own.
 12-15-2009, 12:33 PM         #302
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Very on board with the idea of signing Sheets...

But I want no part of Bay.
 8 years ago '06        #303
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 RoyceDa59 said:
No word as of yet but seeing as how he'll cost 2 picks the Yanks don't want that right now.
 stunna2004 said:
The guy they didn't trade in the Granderson deal, Michael Dunn is a on of our top relief prospects that Cash believes can step in a fill the void coke left. All of those available setup/closer guys require giving up draft picks so I'm with Cash for not biting.

Capps would be a decent pickup but word is that he's looking to close. I guarantee Cashman has Kenny Williams on speed dial about Bobby Jenks who's basically being shown the door by the Chi-Sox.
Yea, I know he's a type-A, and I'm not ready to just trust in Dunn who has ZERO Major League experience...but the picks wouldn't be so bad if we were to sign a better type-A FA first (ie Holliday).

For some reason, I have a feeling I can see the Yanks getting involved with Holliday. With the Mets most likely signing Bay, and Cameron already signed in Boston...the Yanks could swoop right in and not have to pay the aging Damon a similar (but shorter) deal.
 8 years ago '07        #304
Bkjj11 3551 heat pts3551
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
Yea, I know he's a type-A, and I'm not ready to just trust in Dunn who has ZERO Major League experience...but the picks wouldn't be so bad if we were to sign a better type-A FA first (ie Holliday).

For some reason, I have a feeling I can see the Yanks getting involved with Holliday. With the Mets most likely signing Bay, and Cameron already signed in Boston...the Yanks could swoop right in and not have to pay the aging Damon a similar (but shorter) deal.
Matt already proved he really can't play in the AL, just imagine the pressure in nyc, and he wants 9 figures...

I'll pass on him.
 8 years ago '07        #305
Bkjj11 3551 heat pts3551
space
space
Mets close to 2-year deal with Japanese pitcher

The Mets are close to signing Japanese pitcher Ryota Igarashi to a two-year deal, according to David Waldstein of the New York Times.
Cubs after Marlon Byrd

The Cubs are pursuing Marlon Byrd more intensely, now that Mike Cameron is off the market , according to Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports . The Cubs, who wanted Cameron, are still trying to gain payroll flexibility by trading Milton Bradley and at least some of the $21MM he'll make before the end of the 2011 season.

The Rangers stand to gain a supplementary round selection if Byrdzsigns with another team (though Byrd won't cost the Cubs or anyone else a pick).
 8 years ago '07        #306
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
 Bkjj11 said:
Hideki Matsui reaches one-year, $6.5 million dollar agreement with Angels
 8 years ago '07        #307
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
might as well gamble on sheets. when hes on hes better than beckett, lester AND lackey
 8 years ago '07        #308
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,260 | Props total: 307 307
 Truth B T0ld said:
might as well gamble on sheets. when hes on hes better than beckett, lester AND lackey
such a homer
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #309
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,758 | Props total: 13138 13138
Lol that was a homerish statement kinda but sheets is top 10 pitchers in basebal when healthy. His peripherals are insane.
 8 years ago '04        #310
space
space
Dont see them getting involved with holliday. Hopefully they give damon a 1 year with a team option for the 2nd year. That way we can dead him after the season and snatch up free agent carl crawford who'd look great in pinstripes.
 8 years ago '07        #311
space
space
hes not top 10 either, he was a GREAT pitcher though, dnt get me wrong, but dont overrate him insanely either. I was a big fan of his a while ago, i feel awful he cant stay healthy because he really was a good pitcher. just not top 10. and i was hoping the Sox were gonna sign him last year because i remmeber hearing rumors about him last year too, still wouldnt mind if we signed him though

Last edited by keithbm1111; 12-15-2009 at 06:27 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #312
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
what does everyone think of Russell Branyon?

And what about Adam LaRoche to the Mariners and also maybe Jason Bay (He does live in Seattle in the offseason)....
 12-15-2009, 07:54 PM         #313
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Truth B T0ld said:
might as well gamble on sheets. when hes on hes better than beckett
Stopped reading, you are a f**king idiot. When Beckett is hot any ace is struggling to win.
 8 years ago '07        #314
Bkjj11 3551 heat pts3551
space
space
 Suka Repellent said:
what does everyone think of Russell Branyon?

And what about Adam LaRoche to the Mariners and also maybe Jason Bay (He does live in Seattle in the offseason)....
Branyan is real good. Good hitter. I think the M's should resign Russ, resign Bedard to have a solid 4 pitchers and sign Bay.

Word is, according to chone figgins, chone may be hitting 2nd and be either the 3rd or 2nd baseman. Jack wilson and chone is top 5 duo.

M's gotta take the west, angels fallin hard. And the M's GM is very very good. He built that Brewers team.
 8 years ago '04        #315
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
hes not top 10 either, he was a GREAT pitcher though, dnt get me wrong, but dont overrate him insanely either. I was a big fan of his a while ago, i feel awful he cant stay healthy because he really was a good pitcher. just not top 10. and i was hoping the Sox were gonna sign him last year because i remmeber hearing rumors about him last year too, still wouldnt mind if we signed him though
Lemme rephrase, Top 25
 8 years ago '07        #316
space
space
A source has informed Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com that the Red Sox are "working hard" to obtain Adrian Gonzalez from the Padres.

"A deal is not close, and might not happen at all," sources told Rosenthal, but the Red Sox are clearly making a strong effort. The Padres have no real reason to trade Gonzalez at this point and are asking for a monstrous package of young talent in return. The 27-year-old first baseman posted a .958 OPS and 40 home runs in 2009 while earning just $3 million. He's only owed $4.75 million in 2010 and carries a bargain $5.5 club option for 2011.
get it the f**k done you piece of s**t, this is mandatory!!

According to SI.com's Jon Heyman, the Mets have upped their offer to Jason Bay and are now including a fifth year option.

Perhaps the Mets really are serious about landing a top free agent. Their original offer to Bay was reported at four years, $65 million, and this new offer could be worth around $75 million over five years, according to Heyman. The 31-year-old Bay hit .267/.384/.537 this past season with 36 home runs, 119 RBI and 13 stolen bases in 531 at-bats for the Red Sox.
 8 years ago '04        #317
space
space
Look @ the numbers A-Gonz puts up at the price! The MLB should contract the Padres franchise if SD trades him.
 8 years ago '05        #318
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
If we land Gonzalez I am very happy about this offseason. Cameron and Lackey don't really impress me.
 12-16-2009, 10:23 AM         #319
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Santoro said:
If we land Gonzalez I am very happy about this offseason. Cameron and Lackey don't really impress me.
We need a 3rd starter to produce wins outside of our 2 aces, downplaying this and being a one sided team is what caused us to be inconsistent in the last 2 years.

What happens in October when Beckett is tired and Lester has to carry the team? Now we have a more balanced staff that will cause Lester IMO to have his best year to come, which will ease Beckett's season and Lackey can be that tough pitcher on certain nights when we need too, instead of Buck, Dice, Wake.

The offense is an issue im sure they will adress, the urgency of Sox fans this winter really makes me wonder if you guys are used to losing and seeing Yankees win, I am in no panic mode but several people I know are.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 12-16-2009 at 10:26 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #320
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
 smokeweed101. said:
We need a 3rd starter to produce wins outside of our 2 aces, downplaying this and being a one sided team is what caused us to be inconsistent in the last 2 years.

What happens in October when Beckett is tired and Lester has to carry the team? Now we have a more balanced staff that will cause Lester IMO to have his best year to come, which will ease Beckett's season and Lackey can be that tough pitcher on certain nights when we need too, instead of Buck, Dice, Wake.

The offense is an issue im sure they will adress, the urgency of Sox fans this winter really makes me wonder if you guys are used to losing and seeing Yankees win, I am in no panic mode but several people I know are.
I'm not saying Lackey isn't a good pitcher, but he hasn't been fully healthy the last 2 years, he's 31 and when he was healthy he wasn't a dominant pitcher. He just doesn't make mistakes, which is good. But I feel we needed that dominant 3rd veteran and I also feel we overpaid for him as well. I'm not upset with us signing Lackey, he's a good pitcher. I just feel to battle the Yankees rotation we needed to make a trade, but it didn't happen.

And Cameron is just eh. We should be getting younger in the outfield, not older. Cameron is a great defensive outfielder and still a decent hitter. Now if landed Gonzalez that would be wow. With Scutaro we now have one hell of defensive and offensive infield. As far as our lineup imagine this:
Ellsbury
Pedoira
Youk
Gonzalez
Martinez
Ortiz
Cameron
Drew
Scutaro

WOW
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy