Official MLB Off-Season Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
234 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
112 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #1
15896 pageviews
681 comments

keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Official MLB Off-Season Thread

Post all Free Agency updates, trade rumors, etc...

According to the New York Post, the Red Sox have requested medical records on free agent relievers Mike Gonzalez and Rafael Soriano.

Gonzalez, 31, went 5-4 with a 2.42 ERA this season and converted 10 of 17 save chances. Soriano, 29, was 1-6 with a 2.97 ERA in 77 games and racked up 102 strikeouts in 75 2/3 innings. He converted 27 of 31 save chances. Both would serve as excellent setup men in the Boston bullpen.
Free agent right-hander Jason Marquis told the New York Post Tuesday that he's a "perfect fit" for the Mets.

"There's definitely interest there," Marquis said of the Mets. "We'll see what direction they want to go." The 31-year-old went 11-6 with a 3.65 ERA during the first half of the season but 4-7 with a 4.56 ERA after the break. He signed a three-year, $21 million deal the last time he hit the free agent market and is thought to be looking for a similar contract this winter.
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak indicated Tuesday that the Cardinals will not purse outfielder Jason Bay, even if they miss out on Matt Holliday.

"We'll see how the market develops," Mozeliak said. "Is (Bay) a possibility? Sure. But right now it's fair to say he's not one of our top priorities." The Cardinals are reportedly intrigued by free agent Xavier Nady and would rather spend major cash on bolstering their infield and starting rotation if Matt Holliday moves on. Bay is drawing heavy interest from the Red Sox and Mets.
A major league source has informed FOXSports.com that the Phillies are the favorite to land free-agent utilityman Mark DeRosa.

The Phils are expected to let Pedro Feliz walk this winter and could use DeRosa as his replacement at third base. The Mariners, Yankees, Nationals, Dodgers, Orioles, Rangers and Giants have also shown interest, and the Cardinals might attempt to re-sign him. DeRosa, 34, hit .250/.319/.433 with 23 homers and 78 RBI in 2009. He had wrist surgery in October.
The Washington Nationals are expected to bid for John Lackey, says a source of MLB.com's Bill Ladson.

The Nationals would prefer to focus their available money towards a pitcher (not someone like Adam Everett, who they've been linked to) and are targeting Lackey in a mentorship role while being an ace. It's a nice idea, but we don't see Lackey settling for anything less than a bonafide winner.
MLB.com has learned that the Blue Jays may allow another team a window to negotiate a contract extension with Roy Halladay should a trade be consummated.

The reasoning behind a window being granted lies with the fact that the Blue Jays would likely receive a better package for Halladay if a contract extension could be signed. Former general manager J.P. Ricciardi would not grant such an extension. It's becoming more and more obvious that new GM Alex Anthopoulos has a far better handle on how to go about trading a superstar.
According to FOXSports.com, free agent reliever Billy Wagner has already drawn interest from eight teams this offseason.

Wagner's agent, Bean Stringfellow, was kind enough to name five of the interested clubs: the Red Sox, Braves, Nationals, Astros, and Orioles. All make sense for the 38-year-old left-hander, who posted a 1.72 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 26/8 K/BB ratio in 15 2/3 innings during the 2009 season.

Last edited by keithbm1111; 11-18-2009 at 10:15 AM..

681 comments for "Official MLB Off-Season Thread"

8 years ago '07        #2
Bkjj11 3546 heat pts3546
space
space
$92,245 | Props total: 69839 69839
gimme props back b**ch lol
 8 years ago '07        #3
Bkjj11 3546 heat pts3546
space
space
Yankees & Red Sox for Halladay

The Yankees recently called the Blue Jays to express interest in superstar pitcher Roy Halladay."

And Heyman points out the change in administrations in Toronto- from J.P. Ricciardi to Alex Anthopoulos- means an in-division trade is no longer out of the question.

Heyman also points out that with Halladay seeking a big payday from whoever acquires him, the suitors for his services could quickly dwindle to the precious few big-market teams who can afford to pay him long-term.

He lists the Yankees as option 1, the Red Sox as option 1A for Halladay. Keeping him in Toronto for now is second, with the Phillies, Angels and Mets all trailing behind.
 11-18-2009, 05:06 PM         #4
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bkjj11 said:
Yankees & Red Sox for Halladay
I don't even want to hear this crap anymore, everytime its the same thing.
 8 years ago '04        #5
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,650 | Props total: 13049 13049
Damn Boston after Soriano and Gonzalez? How much set up guys do you need? Bard, Okajima, Delcarmen. Hmmm.... Better worry about extending Josh Beckett or else he becomes a Yankee next season
 8 years ago '07        #6
Bkjj11 3546 heat pts3546
space
space
Schmidt to retire?

MLB.com's Ken Gurnick confirmed Wednesday that Jason Schmidt is likely to retire.

Schmidt filed for free agency last week, but it may have simply been a formality. "Leaving my options open," he said. "At this moment, no, I'm not thinking about pitching anymore. Down the road, I'm not sure. Initially, I'd say no way. I'm not planning on playing at this moment. In my mind, I retired when I left in August."

The 36-year-old right-hander made just 10 starts during his three-year tenure with the Dodgers, finishing 3-6 with a 6.02 ERA. He has pitched 13 major league seasons, and, if truly done, will end his career with a 130-96 record, 3.96 ERA and 1,758 strikeouts.
 8 years ago '04        #7
space
space
bout time, he's been robbing teams payroll for years more than Kevin Brown and Mike Hampton.
 8 years ago '07        #8
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
The Braves intend to trade either Javier Vazquez or Derek Lowe, reports Frankie Piliere of AOL Fanhouse.

Neither Vazquez or Lowe will command the quality prospects that Roy Halladay will, rendering them a potential bargain on the trade market. Who will move depends on the offers they receive. The Braves would prefer to unload Lowe, however his contract -- $45 million over three years -- will limit the number of potential suitors. Vazquez has one year and $11.5 million left on his contract. After going 15-10 with a 2.87 ERA and 1.03 WHIP in 2009, he will draw more interest.
According to Frankie Piliere of AOL Fanhouse, it's looking like a two-team race between the Red Sox and Yankees for Cuban left-hander Aroldis Chapman.

Piliere cites sources of with several different teams as saying that despite heavy interest, mid-market teams do not expect to be involved in the bidding for the young fireballer. The Red Sox and Yankees are among a select few who can make a serious bid on an unknown quantity.
Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that the Yankees have expressed interest in Roy Halladay.

Surprise, surprise. Heyman writes that with just one year remaining on his contract, a package for Halladay might start with Phil Hughes or Joba Chamberlain, not both, as former general manager J.P. Ricciardi asked for leading up to the trade deadline. What might give the Yankees an edge, according to Heyman, is that Halladay could engineer his no-trade clause to a team amenable to an extension, much like Johan Santana did two years ago. Though new general manager Alex Anthopoulos hasn't acknowledged such a window is possible, the Yankees are one of a select few teams, as are the Red Sox, who could award Halladay with the long-term stability he seeks.
these from rotoworld.com

Last edited by keithbm1111; 11-19-2009 at 09:40 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #9
space
space
The Rays have become the "clear-cut favorite" to acquire Milton Bradley from the Cubs, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports.

The two parties have been linked for a while, with Pat Burrell-for-Bradley as the rumored swap. Bradley is owed $21 million over the next two seasons while Burrell will make $9 million in 2010. The difference in contracts has reportedly been the biggest stumbling block on a deal.
According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, a developing three-way deal is being discussed involving Brandon Morrow of the Mariners, Edwin Jackson of the Tigers and a mystery team.

It's hard to know what to make of this until the third team and player is revealed, however the Tigers are reportedly listening to offers for the 26-year-old Jackson. Morrow, 25, bounced back and forth between the bullpen, the starting rotation and Triple-A Tacoma in 2009, but his potential is unquestioned.
Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that Jason Bay rejected a four-year contract offer from the Red Sox.

Boston's offer was believed to be around $60 million, according to sources. "It's not a surprise that a player that's gone this far wants to see what's out there," said general manager Theo Epstein. Bay, 31, will hit the free agent market for the first time in his career on Friday. He is one of the top three free agents available and will take his chances of earning more on the open market.

Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that Jason Bay rejected a four-year contract offer from the Red Sox.

Boston's offer was believed to be around $60 million, according to sources. "It's not a surprise that a player that's gone this far wants to see what's out there," said general manager Theo Epstein. Bay, 31, will hit the free agent market for the first time in his career on Friday. He is one of the top three free agents available and will take his chances of earning more on the open market.
The Dodgers have focused on acquiring Roy Halladay from the Blue Jays, according to Bob Nightengale of USA Today.

The Dodgers lacked an ace all year long, but their need became abundantly clear when they had to turn to Vicente Padilla in an elimination game against the Phillies. Nightengale writes that the Dodgers would have to give up Chad Billingsley and others to acquire Halladay, which would be a mighty impressive haul if new general manager Alex Anthopoulos is able to pull it off
 8 years ago '04        #10
space
space
Yankees better not get involved with Chapman. After the Hideki Irabu's, Jose Contreras' and Kei Igawa debables, I don't want to see any more international pitcher signings.
 8 years ago '06        #11
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
We might let beckett walk and thats Fine unless we dont replace him
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #12
space
space
According to FOXSports.com, the Yankees' offseason plan is unclear.

Relying on a three-man rotation throughout the playoffs, the Yankees could look to make the big splash by signing John Lackey or trading for Roy Halladay. However, they could also fortify the bullpen, inserting Joba Chamberlain and Phil Hughes back in the rotation. To that end, according to a rival executive, the Yankees plan to pursue relievers Rafael Soriano and Mike Gonzalez. Still, another source suggests that the Yankees prefer to address any bullpen holes from within. Whatever plan the World Champions may have, it's being kept under wraps.

During an appearance to promote an upcoming charity event, David Ortiz said the Red Sox need another power bat.

"I say that like a year ago and everybody looked at me like I was a (expletive) clown. I say, ‘We need another 30 home run hitting guy.’ ‘What, you crazy!’ Everybody talking trash. Now what?" Ortiz said. "Everybody will always welcome a 30 home run hitting player. Every time, every situation. You want to compete with those guys across the street you better bring it, period." General manager Theo Epstein will attempt to re-sign Jason Bay, but are also expected to pursue Adrian Gonzalez to play first base.
I love Ortiz, always will, and he's right we need another big bat, but maybe he should be working on his swing a little so he can hit 30
 8 years ago '07        #13
Bkjj11 3546 heat pts3546
space
space
 stunna2004 said:
Yankees better not get involved with Chapman. After the Hideki Irabu's, Jose Contreras' and Kei Igawa debables, I don't want to see any more international pitcher signings.
Yeah I'll pass on that dude, we already have a fireball lefty. I mean unless he commands little money, sure but what I heard, he lookin @ big dollars.
 8 years ago '07        #14
Bkjj11 3546 heat pts3546
space
space
 Manny05 said:
We might let beckett walk and thats Fine unless we dont replace him
Posted via Mobile Device
Beckett is like top 5 in baseball, letting him walk is kinda iffy. Yeah he gets hurt a lot but when he's on, he's on.
 8 years ago '05        #15
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
Red Sox have the upper hand on Aroldis Chapman since his best friend is already signed with us. Lol @ the Yankee Fans saying pass on Chapman. Top 3 young pitchers in the world right now. Could be the next Pedro.

Rays are f**king retarded if they trade for Bradley.

Last edited by Santoro; 11-19-2009 at 02:53 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #16
Bkjj11 3546 heat pts3546
space
space
Heilman traded to D-Backs

ESPN MLB - Diamondbacks acquired P Aaron Heilman from Cubs for 2 minor leaguers: RP Scott Maine, INF Ryne White
 8 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 Santoro said:
Red Sox have the upper hand on Aroldis Chapman since his best friend is already signed with us. Lol @ the Yankee Fans saying pass on Chapman. Top 3 young pitchers in the world right now. Could be the next Pedro.

Rays are f**king retarded if they trade for Bradley.
Spending money on proven players (CC,AJ) is way better then spending on hype (Chapman). Yankees learned their lesson. Let some other team gamble on those unknowns.
 8 years ago '08        #18
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,242 | Props total: 13603 13603
Any other mets rumors??
 8 years ago '06        #19
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 Bkjj11 said:
Beckett is like top 5 in baseball, letting him walk is kinda iffy. Yeah he gets hurt a lot but when he's on, he's on.
it is iffy.
im just not sure about his endurance as he gets older.
and like i said if we can get say Feliz to replace him then its all good.
if not, then obviously we should keep him.
 8 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 Manny05 said:
it is iffy.
im just not sure about his endurance as he gets older.
and like i said if we can get say Feliz to replace him then its all good.
if not, then obviously we should keep him.
King Felix* is going no where dude. The GM put those rumors to rest. With no Beckett, that rotation is laughable.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
21 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
24 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
233 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago