Jailbroken Iphone vs. Droid

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
44 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
8716 pageviews
40 comments

DJ-Ice_9 
space
space
$258 | Props total: 0 0
Jailbroken Iphone vs. Droid

So I have a storm right now, don't like it much not the right phone for me. I'm obviously on verizon I'm interested in the Droid I've read a lot of reviews but I'm hesitant to go buy it like I did with the storm and be unhappy with it, and have it f**king up a lot while I wait for updates. Finally with os 5.0 the storm works smooth before that it was horrible. I know the price difference is ridiculous for these phones, what the unlocked iphone goes for like 400-500 on ebay, and I can get the Droid for 200. I want dope apps, and it seems to me that no one is f**king with the Iphone right now at all. I like the open source aspect of the droid, I think it gives it a lot of potential but right now what's it looking like app wise? And down the road? Do you really think developers are going to start making more apps for droid phones? Even if they get flash...Think about how the Ipod runs the mp3 player market, f**kin owns it. I'm not sure if android can surpass apple's pull. I mean seriously think about it, sure android developers will have multiple phones on multiple carriers but this is f**kin apple we're talking about. Look at all the computers out there and how IMO they don't come close to f**king with Macs. I'm on the fence with the choice though.

40 comments for "Jailbroken Iphone vs. Droid"

8 years ago '08        #2
Jimmy_TwoTimes 
space
space
$280 | Props total: 0 0
They already have apps for the Droid, it's Android 2.0, there's a significant amount, but they don't have a centralized location yet. Because they're open source and not strictly regulated like iPhone apps, they're more scattered around the internet

iPhone isn't going anywhere and, if the rumors are true, they'll be moving to Verizon, or just dropping the Sprint exclusivity. (Google the Verizon LTE network, which will be the "4G" that they'll be contracting out to other networks)

It's ultimately up to you, the iPhone is a sweet toy but the Android is backed by Google. Plus, everyone seems to have opinions on this, but Sprint is taking Verizon to court over these 3G commercials unless Verizon stops running the ads. Verizon isn't dropping the ads and instead is going to make Sprint prove, in court, that they have a better 3G network than they do. Big companies don't make big plays like that unless they know their s**t.

My opinion? Wait a few months, see what the Droid does (because you already know what the iPhone does and where it's headed), and then make your move.
 8 years ago '04        #3
hansolo79 
space
space
$670 | Props total: 2 2
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
I'm not going to write up a paragraph, but a jailbroken iPhone is the best phone on the market. Now straight out the plastic, I'll go with the Droid.
 8 years ago '04        #4
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,333 | Props total: 2751 2751
 hansolo79 said:
I'm not going to write up a paragraph, but a jailbroken iPhone is the best phone on the market. Now straight out the plastic, I'll go with the Droid.

Im sorry but a Rooted Android device=jailbroken iphone.
 8 years ago '09        #5
RdGZkP 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,046 | Props total: 197 197
^ I keep hearing s**t bout rooted phones.. Does that mean u get everything free? N can customize ur phone however u want?
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #6
DaKid730 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,596 | Props total: 677 677
 kp059 said:
^ I keep hearing s**t bout rooted phones.. Does that mean u get everything free? N can customize ur phone however u want?
Posted via Mobile Device
yeah basically rooting is like jailbreaking i rooted my girls mytouch but my iphone is still>>>>>
there games n apps are garbage
 8 years ago '04        #7
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1162 1162
 Jimmy_TwoTimes said:
They already have apps for the Droid, it's Android 2.0, there's a significant amount, but they don't have a centralized location yet. Because they're open source and not strictly regulated like iPhone apps, they're more scattered around the internet

iPhone isn't going anywhere and, if the rumors are true, they'll be moving to Verizon, or just dropping the Sprint exclusivity. (Google the Verizon LTE network, which will be the "4G" that they'll be contracting out to other networks)

It's ultimately up to you, the iPhone is a sweet toy but the Android is backed by Google. Plus, everyone seems to have opinions on this, but Sprint is taking Verizon to court over these 3G commercials unless Verizon stops running the ads. Verizon isn't dropping the ads and instead is going to make Sprint prove, in court, that they have a better 3G network than they do. Big companies don't make big plays like that unless they know their s**t.

My opinion? Wait a few months, see what the Droid does (because you already know what the iPhone does and where it's headed), and then make your move.
..uhhh... first off don't you mean AT&T? not sprint?

Last edited by mtbatol; 11-16-2009 at 07:40 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #8
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
Well it looks like the Droid had a silent update over night because everyone's droid camera app got fix and now its actually taking great pictures.

8 years ago '06        #9
dabigboi305 
space
space
$678 | Props total: 17 17
i dnt think the droid will live up 2 da iphone
 8 years ago '04        #10
DJ-Ice_9  OP
space
space
so wait will verizon work on a jailbroken iphone? my storm does HAVE a sim card, I know most verizon phones dont but mine actually does.
 8 years ago '04        #11
DJ-Ice_9  OP
space
space
so basically you can't cuz verizon is cdma, now the decision is, get the droid, or get out of verizon contract and get at&t and the iphone. I really like verizon but that's a hell of a decision.
 11-17-2009, 08:48 PM         #12
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dj-ice_9 said:
so wait will verizon work on a jailbroken iphone? My storm does have a sim card, i know most verizon phones dont but mine actually does.
that sim card is for global network access. Its only a factor in europe. U can take it out & doesnt change the function of ur phone at all. Its nice if u do business overseas or maybe if ur military & deploy or pcs. That was the original reason i liked it (military).

As far as the comparison, i have a storm but i got the droid on release date. So far i love it. Ive played with iphones & think theyre nice. Jailbroken, theyre even better ofcourse. I cant do the at&t network & service though. I got a ipod touch for my b-day to solve that though. Crazy thing is, i havent touched the ipod since i got the droid lol. Customizing the droid is cool but im not so over the top about it. I like the android market though. Lots of free apps. No they dont have as many as apple but a person only needs soo many internet radio apps or twitter apps. Quality is about the same & quantity isnt so much a factor. Android market covers about everything the app store has.

The hardware seems to be superior with the droid. Theres a bug with the camera but its being resolved. They say theres a date issue that causes it to not work normal but right now it is working fine for everyone. There will be a huge update on 11dec to fix that & several other issues. This is being knocked by iphone owners but we shouldnt forget the problems they initially had with thier phones as well. Most of all, taking 3 different models to get mms & camcorder operational. This is something that happens with most new things (phones, software, cars, ect.). It shouldnt take 3 models though like with iphone. 5mp is nice with dual flash & dvd quality camcorder. The phone isnt shaped as sleek as the iphone but thats a matter of prefered style. Cars have gone from boxy to curvy & back again & i expect the same to happen with everything else no different than mohawks being back in style last year & fading out this year.

Most notably the verizon network (in most cases) is far superior to at&t' s network. First & foremost i need my phone to be just that & i have many friends that have iphones that are used more for pocket games than a phone or mobile computer as they like to call them (computers are almost useless with internet which is nothing on a phone without service).

If u like verizon' s service stick with them & pick up the droid or eris. Jmo
 8 years ago '04        #13
DJ-Ice_9  OP
space
space

apparently the iphone might be coming to verizon next year, but wasn't that a rumor last year also? do you think apple will actually make the iphone available to cdma?
 8 years ago '04        #14
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 DJ-Ice_9 said:

apparently the iphone might be coming to verizon next year, but wasn't that a rumor last year also? do you think apple will actually make the iphone available to cdma?
Verizon is going to use GSM technology when they start rolling out LTE(4g). And rumor has it that the Iphone is going to be verizon first LTE phone since T-mobile and ATT wont start their LTE rollout till 2011 compare to verizon starting to rollout theirs early next year.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 11-19-2009 at 11:00 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #15
DJ-Ice_9  OP
space
space
nice, the only thing is I've heard this every year since the Iphone came out. That the contract will be up the next year and the iphone will be on Verizon. But the LTE network makes sense, plus Apple could make a f**kin s**t load of money on Verizon.
 8 years ago '08        #16
Jimmy_TwoTimes 
space
space
$280 | Props total: 0 0
 mtbatol said:
..uhhh... first off don't you mean AT&T? not sprint?
Yup, I did. f**k. :doh8:
 8 years ago '04        #17
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
But isnt funny that you have to jailbreak a phone to get install pirated apps, while in android all you do is go to option, turn off only install from trusted source, then save the file in your sd card, and just open the file from their and you could install pirated apps without any rooting. Actually every smartphone except the iphone, use this method, since they let you install apps from SD card/
 8 years ago '09        #18
RdGZkP 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,046 | Props total: 197 197
^ yeaa if jailbreaking ur phone took more than 2 minutes you'd have a good point.. But it don't
Posted via Mobile Device
 11-23-2009, 12:13 PM         #19
youngdon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've owned a jailbroken iphone and I currently own the Droid. To me it's nearly a tie between the two. You can't go wrong with either, but with that being said I personally favor the droid. Maybe having a keyboard is what pushes it over the iphone for me.
 8 years ago '04        #20
DJ-Ice_9  OP
space
space
 youngdon said:
I've owned a jailbroken iphone and I currently own the Droid. To me it's nearly a tie between the two. You can't go wrong with either, but with that being said I personally favor the droid. Maybe having a keyboard is what pushes it over the iphone for me.
yeah I've settled for getting the droid and waiting for the iphone to come to verizon next year(which might not happen). Is there a way to get free apps(the ones you have to pay for) on the droid like when you jailbreak an iphone. I know no one has been able to root the droid yet. Apple really needs to come out with the world iphone so Verizon customers can get it. I know a s**t ton of At&t customers that would make the switch. Plus they would make a s**t load of money.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
35 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
93 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago