Official BX Sports Betting Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 103
Image(s) inside Drake does what this whole generation should do and tats Wayne on his ..
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 92
Image(s) inside Hillary "Donkey" Duff Taunts BX With Her Painted On Jeans
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 67
Image(s) inside Maliah Michel declines drake's offer to save
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 58
NBA TWITTER REACTS TO DERRICK ROSE SIGNING WITH LEBRON CAVALIERS :mjlol:
55 comments
@sports
 

 



Hello Unregistered, your weekly Power Ranking is not available   *new Power Ranking every Monday

Your Stats:
0 wins and 0 losses.      vote on games | comments, questions, trash talk

 



section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
RayG210 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$3,593 | Props total: 240 240
 Lethal Intent said:

Most games (except soccer, boxing, and wrestling) are set to not show who voted for what, because then people will just start copying the votes of others who are high on the leaderboard. If you can't remember who you voted for, then that may be a bit of a problem. Just do what I do and reply in the thread saying who you picked. That way you know who you voted for, and you know that you did in fact vote in that poll.
Understandable, but the user themselves should be able to see their own history. I'm not talking about in the poll results, but rather a new page that they can go to by clicking their profile and/or W/L record. From there a list of previous picks would be generated. The page could be set with permissions so that the user can only view his/her own history. As for replying to thread, that's a decent alternative, but a bit tedious to have to go back and scan through threads.

Also, it's not the fact that I don't remember who I voted for, it's the fact that I know who I voted for but yet I rack up a loss that I believe I didn't vote for. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd like the a.ssurance just to be safe. The last time I participated in this section was back in 08. I received a loss because I chose the a team on a thread that hadn't had the poll closed, they won the game that I was voting on, but the thread was recycled to the next game between the two & the team I chose lost, so I received a loss. Couldn't get it worked out, so I stopped playing.

I'm not complaining, just making a suggestion if it hasn't already been made. It'd be a very nice feature to add.
 7 years ago '05        #62
Lethal Intent|m 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 2 2
 Lex Lossis said:
I still bet on it. I use teh smark knowledge of WWE probability.
And that's all I do as well. What more can you do? I would stop doing it if the threads weren't a success, but they are. Each thread for the last two PPVs has had 15-20 votes each. That's more than the soccer threads get, so I would say that people do not mind the WWE threads.
 Jay Aye Three said:
Understandable, but the user themselves should be able to see their own history. I'm not talking about in the poll results, but rather a new page that they can go to by clicking their profile and/or W/L record. From there a list of previous picks would be generated. The page could be set with permissions so that the user can only view his/her own history. As for replying to thread, that's a decent alternative, but a bit tedious to have to go back and scan through threads.

Also, it's not the fact that I don't remember who I voted for, it's the fact that I know who I voted for but yet I rack up a loss that I believe I didn't vote for. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd like the a.ssurance just to be safe. The last time I participated in this section was back in 08. I received a loss because I chose the a team on a thread that hadn't had the poll closed, they won the game that I was voting on, but the thread was recycled to the next game between the two & the team I chose lost, so I received a loss. Couldn't get it worked out, so I stopped playing.

I'm not complaining, just making a suggestion if it hasn't already been made. It'd be a very nice feature to add.
I will forward this information to ronnie. If something like this was ever going to be added, it'd be him who would have to make it happen.

I understand your frustration, but I cannot do anything about it at this point in time.
 7 years ago '06        #63
RayG210 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$3,593 | Props total: 240 240
No doubt, I'm not worried about it. Just wanted to throw it out there. Would come in handy in the future.
 7 years ago '05        #64
danny|M 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$35,965 | Props total: 2359 2359
I wasn't complaining about the wrestling threads, I was just bringing up an observation I had. I just figured it was kind of "unfair" to bet on something that already had the winner(s) and loser(s) scripted. It's all good, though, since I bet on them anyway.

As for the user betting records, it's possible to have them, I just don't think Ronnie ever implemented them/though about it. The thing with BX's betting is that it's custom made. If you know anything about vBulletin (the software most online boards are run off of), then you'd know that it has its own betting feature that has a place where users can see their bets, but since ours is custom made it doesn't have that feature. It's definitely something Ronnie could look into, though.
 7 years ago '05        #65
Lethal Intent|m 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 2 2
 danny said:
I wasn't complaining about the wrestling threads, I was just bringing up an observation I had. I just figured it was kind of "unfair" to bet on something that already had the winner(s) and loser(s) scripted. It's all good, though, since I bet on them anyway.

As for the user betting records, it's possible to have them, I just don't think Ronnie ever implemented them/though about it. The thing with BX's betting is that it's custom made. If you know anything about vBulletin (the software most online boards are run off of), then you'd know that it has its own betting feature that has a place where users can see their bets, but since ours is custom made it doesn't have that feature. It's definitely something Ronnie could look into, though.
Yeah. I sent ronnie a PM to bring it to his attention. He told me he would look into it.
 7 years ago '05        #66
danny|M 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$35,965 | Props total: 2359 2359
Nice. It would be a good feature to have so hopefully Ronnie can get it done.
 7 years ago '08        #67
SecondComing101 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$380 | Props total: 0 0
Can someone PM me and show me how to put my sc stats and the teams below my page so that it shows up everytime i post
 7 years ago '05        #68
Lethal Intent|m 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 2 2
 SecondComing101 said:
Can someone PM me and show me how to put my sc stats and the teams below my page so that it shows up everytime i post
Click "Control Panel" near the top of the page here on the Boxden forums. Once you get to your User CP, look on the left for a button that says "Edit Options," and click. Scroll down until you see a question that says "Show BX Sports Center Stats?" Once you find that, click the radio button next to "YES." Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes," and you are finished. The BX Sports Center betting stats will only display with your signature in the Sports Center section of Boxden. If you post outside of the Sports Center, you will not be able to see your stats with your signature.
 7 years ago '04        #69
brownie_d 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$833 | Props total: 0 0
Just wanted to know who had the longest winning streak on the betting center and what was the number?
 7 years ago '05        #70
Lethal Intent|m 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 2 2
 brownie_d said:
Just wanted to know who had the longest winning streak on the betting center and what was the number?
I think that I recall seeing BlaznHizzle (the former king of this section...I'm only in 1st because he took this season off) get like 26 or 27 in a row on the streak. The streak all depends on a lot of things though. It mostly depends on the order that the bookie closes the threads. If a bunch of NBA and college basketball games end, and a bookie doesn't come through until tomorrow morning to update them, it would all depend on what order the games were closed as far as how long the streak would go.
 7 years ago '04        #71
brownie_d 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$833 | Props total: 0 0
I was on an 11 game - thought I was king s**t but guess not anymore
on top of that I don't know remember my bad pick.
There isn't a history for your bets right?
 7 years ago '05        #72
Lethal Intent|m 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 2 2
 brownie_d said:
I was on an 11 game - thought I was king s**t but guess not anymore
on top of that I don't know remember my bad pick.
There isn't a history for your bets right?
No, there is not a history at this point in time for each individual user's bets. Another member pitched the idea about incorporating this into our system, and I passed that idea to "the powers that be."
 7 years ago '04        #73
brownie_d 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$833 | Props total: 0 0
Yo Lethal, how does the point system work for the rankings?
 7 years ago '05        #74
Lethal Intent|m 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 2 2
 brownie_d said:
Yo Lethal, how does the point system work for the rankings?
The difference between the number of wins you have and the number of losses you have is the number that equals what your points are. For example, right now you would have 52 points because your record is 66-12. You have 52 more wins than you have losses.
 7 years ago '04        #75
brownie_d 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$833 | Props total: 0 0
Alright Thanks dude
 7 years ago '05        #76
Lethal Intent|m 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 2 2
 brownie_d said:
Alright Thanks dude
No problem man.
 7 years ago '09        #77
5_star_smitty|m 204 heat pts204
space
avatar space
space
$44,287 | Props total: 3012 3012
how about taking 2010 out of the options when making deadline for bets???
 7 years ago '05        #78
Lethal Intent|m 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 2 2
 5_star_smitty said:
how about taking 2010 out of the options when making deadline for bets???
Looks like it was already taken care of.
 7 years ago '10        #79
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,590 | Props total: 9886 9886
How can i check what picks i lost & won on??
 6 years ago '08        #80
100dollarman 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,413 | Props total: 284 284
What do you think of this pick for today?????

Syracuse 12.5
Dayton 2.5
Buffalo 3
Virginia Tech 3
Denver 4.5
Home         
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 53
Boyfriend watches girlfriend with yoga instructor! (gone wrong!)
9 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 34
She thicc in the right places
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside The truth about black seed oil and how it changed my life
258 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
She actually a dime, shame she a smut doe...
47 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Top Goons Turned Rapper List
197 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Cop or Pass: Air Jordan 31 Low Triple Black
69 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Jul 24 - BREAKING: They Found MORE Water On The Moon
47 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
Jul 23 - Rio de Janeiro: Police protest over rising Brazil violence
19 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy