So I basically have stop looking for jobs.

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #141
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
 Da Realness said:
man its like the more south u go, the worse. out here in fl its crazy.
I Don't know about that, Texas is doing pretty good. "So Far"

San Antonio, TX wasn't really affected by the recession. The businesses around here just want someone with a Bachelors Degree or Certifications w/ 5+ years of work related experience.
 8 years ago '04        #142
deziking 81 heat pts81 OP
space
space
$19,551 | Props total: 5179 5179
just got email from target lol didn't get the job they didn't list why, so I replied back hoping what the answer will be.
 8 years ago '06        #143
Joemama0203 
space
space
$605 | Props total: 0 0
 DominicanLou said:
word lol. being able to speak Spanish is the only reason why i've been working since i graduated. for like every damn job i've applied to (with the exception of a securities broker) they wanted someone who could speak Spanish. I now work for myself (out of necessity...didn't plan it that way!) contracting my services. It feels good to be independent but this economy hurts my business so I'm not eating like I should be.

My Advice is if you have any skill try to make money from that. If you can't get a job try and create one. I remember when I was 13 I wanted money but moms didn't give allowance and I was too young to get a real job. So I created one. Started walking people's dogs and dog-sitting.

Go on Craigslist....post an add offering basketball training, if you're an artist start trying to sell your artwork, DJ...offer to spin for house parties....just get creative. It's when your back is up against the wall when you really start using your mind. Just don't give up.

I went through 3 jobs in the beginning of this year....getting fired at one (b/c my mom died and i just wasn't "all the way there" mentally), the other we all got let go because company ran out of money, and the last...the job never started cause they couldn't come up with the funds to pay me. But ol boy who said talk to your friends is right....talk to other people to see how they're making it. Good luck.

I feel u..you gotta do what u can for u. Im tryna get to the point where I never for for anyone again. [clients,yes..anyone's else's company,no.]

That is some messed up s**t about your job firing u after ur mom dies [and ur mom passing, sorry bout that :( ] I mean damn of course ur not gonna be all the way there for awhile. smh.

You seem to be staying up tho and about doing what u gotta do and thats great. Thats exactly where my mind is at too.
Just hang in there as far as ur business is concerned, things'll pick up. U may not start out eating great at first but it'll get there. Im sure u know that tho :)
 8 years ago '06        #144
Joemama0203 
space
space
Yeah things are supposed to be a bit better in Tx as far as this recession. I stay in FL too so I know what u mean bout things being hectic.

deziking said:
just got email from target lol didn't get the job they didn't list why, so I replied back hoping what the answer will be.
dang that sucks. whats ur new plan? where r u applying

Last edited by Joemama0203; 11-23-2009 at 03:18 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #145
Joemama0203 
space
space
 OpeeFaSho said:
I Don't know about that, Texas is doing pretty good. "So Far"

San Antonio, TX wasn't really affected by the recession. The businesses around here just want someone with a Bachelors Degree or Certifications w/ 5+ years of work related experience.
damn 5yrs??? yikes. Do u have all that?
 8 years ago '04        #146
space
space
 Joemama0203 said:
Yeah things are supposed to be a bit better in Tx as far as this recession. I stay in FL too so I know what u mean bout things being hectic.

dang that sucks. whats ur new plan? where r u applying
well just got a call from AT&T and I got interview next friday. s**ts down in the city but oh well i'll have to be on my top level for this interview.
 8 years ago '06        #147
Joemama0203 
space
space
Here's some interview articles my mom emailed me some months back:

[pic - click to view]

10 Ways to Be Liked In An Interview

8 years ago '06        #148
Joemama0203 
space
space
Common Interview Questions

Here are some questions that are often asked in an interview. Just relax and keep in mind that you are there to convince your interviewer that you are the best qualified person for the job. Exude confidence but do not be boastful or arrogant. Remember, it is not always the best qualified person that gets the job. It is usually the applicant who knows how to sell himself that gets the job.

TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF

You should have a prepared response to the frequently asked question “Tell me about yourself.” Your ability to recite your background in a brief 120-second format is vital to the interview process. The two-minute bio offers a quick peek into your background, strengths, and career direction.

While every personal bio is unique, the traditional format looks something like this:

1. Begin with a brief remark about your background, such as your schooling, hometown, or other items of interest.

2. State your most recent employer, job title, and years with the company.

3. Offer one or two sentences about your job responsibilities.

4. Mention one or two special accomplishments in your most recent positions, including skill strengths.

5. Refer to prior positions to indicate career progression.

6. Indicate career goals.

Rehearse your 2-minute bio until it flows naturally according to the guidelines above.

WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU?

The employer wants to hear your interpretation of the important aspects of the job. If you spend your interview for a retail sales position extolling your virtues as a computer expert you aren’t likely to convince the interviewer that you have the skills needed to sell merchandise.

This is an opportunity question: an opportunity to tell how well your skills match the company’s needs. If the search is for a super salesperson, tell how well you have honed your skills in persuasion, communication, and perseverance. Give an example of a time that you made a successful sale, or that you convinced someone to do something, or when tenacity paid off.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR OUR COMPANY?

This is where your research of the company comes in. In today’s world of instant information, we can no longer get away with going into an interview without first having researched the company. The company in turn wants to know if you have done your homework.

This question allows you to show off the research you have done on the organization. Tell the interviewer you like the company’s size, location, aggressive market stance, competitive thinking and creative business policies. It is perfectly acceptable to admit that you looked up the company on the Internet or in the reference section of the library. This shows that you know how to find answers to questions and arm yourself with information.

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS?

The employer wants to know if you have ambition and realistic, structured goals. The company also wants to know whether you plan to stay for a solid block of time. Occasionally an interviewer unearths some important information regarding a potential employee’s longevity by asking this question. If you plan to go to graduate school, take a vacation tour, or move to a distant state, do not mention these plans to the interviewer under any circumstances. You will be considered a hiring risk no matter how strong your skills.

Remember that the main concern throughout the interview is to fill the open position with someone who will be successful in it. Say something like, “First, I’d like to gain a solid foundation in the position you are considering me for, so that I am effective and successful in it. I’m sure that as I continue to grow, there will be opportunities within the company to offer me upward professional growth and new challenges.”

WHAT ARE YOUR GREATEST WEAKNESSES?

It is unlikely that most interviewers are straining their ears to hear your list of weaknesses. They simply want to see how you handle the question.

Some job candidates can get away with an answer like,” While I certainly have weaknesses, I don’t believe I have any that are significant to the position. As you’ve described the position to me, I think it would allow me to call upon my strengths.”

If you don’t feel you could pull that off, name a weakness that is first, not closely related to the position for which you are interviewing, and second, a technical skill that you can easily learn rather than a shortcoming in your personality, which is very difficult to change. Then tell the interviewer how you are working to improve your weak spot.

TELL ME ABOUT A PROBLEM YOU’VE FACED AND HOW YOU HANDLED IT

They want a.ssess your analytical skills as well as your ability to relate a delicate situation with tact and diplomacy.

To prevent yourself from stumbling and fumbling for a good response, prepare one before you set foot in the interview. Your answer should involve a clear presentation of the problem, the steps you took to correct the problem, and the results of your actions. Remember to keep it to less than two minutes.

WHAT ARE YOUR GREATEST STRENGTHS?

The interviewer is hoping to hear that your strengths match the needs of the job. He or she also wants to know how you present yourself and will watch warily for overconfidence, boastfulness, dishonesty, and lack of a.ssertiveness.

This is an opportunity to highlight your strong points, so make the most of it. Speak of one or two strengths and then offer examples of how you have used these strengths.

WHAT INTERESTS YOU MOST ABOUT THIS JOB/

The interviewer is looking for your areas of enthusiasm – where you will put the most energy into the job. Make sure your strong areas match the needs of the company’s needs.

Answer this question with a question. Ask the interviewer to clarify the position for you before you answer, “so that I can be sure not miss any key aspects of the job.” Then match your interest areas with the key components of the job.
 8 years ago '06        #149
Joemama0203 
space
space
The Interview That'll Bag a Job
by Sarah E. Needleman
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
provided by The Wall Street Journal

In recent weeks, recruiters for Consolidated Container Co. have seen job candidates arrive up to an hour early for interviews. Other candidates have alluded to financial hardships while in the hot seat, and one person even distributed bound copies of documents describing projects he completed for past employers.
These sorts of tactics aren't exactly winners.
In today's ultracompetitive job market, even getting an interview is a feat. Yet recruiters and hiring managers say many unemployed candidates blow the opportunity by appearing desperate or bitter about their situations — often without realizing it.
"People are becoming a lot more aggressive," says Julie Loubaton, director of recruiting and talent management for Atlanta-based Consolidated Container. "They often wind up hurting themselves."
At an interview, you want to stand out for the right reasons. To do so, you'll need to leave your baggage and anxiety at the door. For starters, wait until 10 minutes before your scheduled interview time to announce yourself. Arriving any sooner "shows that you're not respectful of the time the hiring manager put aside for you," says Ms. Loubaton, adding that a candidate who arrived an hour early made workers uncomfortable. "Companies really don't want someone camped out in their lobby."
Signal confidence by offering a firm handshake, adds Wendy Alfus Rothman, president of Wenroth Consulting Inc., an executive coaching firm in New York. Focus your attention on the interviewer. Avoid looking around the room, tapping your fingers, or other nervous movements.
No matter how you're feeling, keep your personal woes out of the interview process, a.sserts Ms. Alfus Rothman. Instead, always exude an upbeat attitude. For example, if you were laid off, instead of lamenting the situation, you might say the experience prompted you to reassess your skills, and that's what led you here. "You want to demonstrate resilience in the face of unpredictable obstacles," she says.
Meanwhile, show you've done your homework on the company by explaining how your background and track record relates to its current needs, adds Deborah Markus, founder of Columbus Advisors LLC, an executive-search firm in New York. This is particularly important if the firm is in a different industry than the one you worked in before. To stand out, you'll need to look up more than just basics on company leadership and core businesses. You'll also need to find out — and understand — how recent changes in the marketplace have affected the firm, its competitors and industry overall. Read recent company press releases, annual reports, media coverage and industry blogs, and consult with trusted members of your network. "Companies that may have been performing well just a few months ago might be in survival mode now," says Ms. Markus. "You want to understand how [they're] positioned today."
Also, be sure to show you're a strong fit for the particular position you're seeking, adds Kathy Marsico, senior vice president of human resources at PDI Inc., a Saddle River, N.J., provider of sales and marketing services for pharmaceutical companies. Offer examples of past accomplishments — not just responsibilities you've held — and describe how they're relevant to the opportunity. "You must differentiate yourself like never before," she says. "You need to customize yourself and make yourself memorable."
Sherry R. Brickman, a partner at executive-search firm Martin Partners LLC, says a candidate recently impressed her with this sort of preparation. "He knew the company's product line and what markets it was already in," she says of the man, who was interviewing for an executive post at a midsize industrial manufacturer. "He clearly and effectively explained how he could cut costs, increase sales and expand market share based on what he'd done in his current job." The candidate was hired.
Be careful not to go too far, though, in your quest to stand out. For example, it may be tempting to offer to work temporarily for free or to take a lesser salary than what a job pays. But experts say such bold moves often backfire on candidates. "Employers want value," says Lee Miller, author of Get More Money on Your Next Job ... In Any Economy. "They don't want cheap."
Your best bet is to wait until you're extended a job offer before talking pay. "In a recession, employers are going to be very price sensitive," says Mr. Miller. "The salary you ask for may impact their decision to move forward." Come prepared having researched the average pay range for a position in case you're pressured to name your price, he adds. You might say, for example, that money isn't a primary concern for you and that you're just looking for something fair, suggests Mr. Miller. You can try turning the tables by asking interviewers what the company has budgeted for the position.
In some cases, you may be looking just for a job to get you through so you might consider a less-than-perfect fit. But if you aren't really excited about an opportunity, keep it to yourself, warns David Gaspin, director of human resources at 5W Public Relations in New York. "I've had times where people come in and it's clear that if they really had their preference, they'd be doing something different," he says. "You don't want to put that out on the table. Nobody wants to hire someone who's going to run for the door when times get better."
After an interview, take caution with your follow-up. If you're in the running for multiple jobs at once, make sure to address thank-yous to the right people, career experts advise. Also look closely for spelling and grammatical errors. In a competitive job market, employers have the luxury of choice, and even a minor faux pas can hurt your chances.
If all has gone well, don't stalk the interviewer. Wait at least a week before checking on your candidacy, adds Jose Tamez, managing partner at Austin-Michael LP, an executive-search firm in Golden, Colo. Call recruiters only at their office, even if their business card lists a home or cell number. Leave a message if you get voicemail. These days, recruiters typically have caller ID and can tell if you've tried reaching them multiple times without leaving a voicemail. "There's a fine line between enthusiasm and overenthusiasm," he says
 8 years ago '06        #150
Joemama0203 
space
space
 deziking said:
well just got a call from AT&T and I got interview next friday. s**ts down in the city but oh well i'll have to be on my top level for this interview.
hopefully some of that interview stuff helps u and everyone else going on interviews. No matter how many times I've done interviews, Im always nervous about them
 8 years ago '04        #151
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
 Joemama0203 said:
damn 5yrs??? yikes. Do u have all that?
Yeah. I've been working in the computer field since 2003. Worked as a Intern in a small business while I was in high school, and my dad's self employed business. Only thing I need to work on is getting my certifications in Microsoft and CISCO.

Last edited by OpeeFaSho; 11-23-2009 at 04:25 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #152
Joemama0203 
space
space
 OpeeFaSho said:
Yeah. I've been working in the computer field since 2003. Worked as a Intern in a small business while I was in high school, and my dad's self employed business. Only thing I need to work on is getting my certifications in Microsoft and CISCO.
Nice.
Well look here, take yourself over here and add to my nerdrific knowledge base so I can get on your level. I can only pay u in food tho. lol

Naw but thats cool u have that experience. Will u be getting those extra certs u need?
 8 years ago '04        #153
space
space
 Joemama0203 said:
hopefully some of that interview stuff helps u and everyone else going on interviews. No matter how many times I've done interviews, Im always nervous about them
Hey thanx for the interview information will take a look at it later tonight. Yea I hate going to interview they ask you stupid questions.
 8 years ago '04        #154
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
 Joemama0203 said:
Nice.
Well look here, take yourself over here and add to my nerdrific knowledge base so I can get on your level. I can only pay u in food tho. lol

Naw but thats cool u have that experience. Will u be getting those extra certs u need?
Food is cool. Just feed me rib-eye steak (medium well) and lobsters everyday. :D

I'll be getting my certifications, just to prove to these big businesses that I am knowledge in the IT field. Hopefully sometime in February 2010 i'll be ready to take the test.
 8 years ago '04        #155
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
 deziking said:
Good luck getting hired there. My brother has a friend that's currently working with them, she said it was chaotic just getting hired there. If you have the patience then it's worth it.
 8 years ago '06        #156
Joemama0203 
space
space
 OpeeFaSho said:
Food is cool. Just feed me rib-eye steak (medium well) and lobsters everyday. :D

I'll be getting my certifications, just to prove to these big businesses that I am knowledge in the IT field. Hopefully sometime in February 2010 i'll be ready to take the test.
lol ur a fool for that one

Sounds like a plan. The good thing about that also is that u can contract ur services out and/or have ur own biz. But I know u already know that since u said ur dad has his IT small biz.
 8 years ago '07        #157
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
it really depends whose interviewing you tho i know a girl who went on one for a retail store in the mall and the woman just told her what times she can work no questions needed.
 8 years ago '06        #158
Joemama0203 
space
space
Hey anyone that lives in or near Los Gatos, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Las Vegas, NV, Tacoma, WA, Lansing, MI, Hillsboro, OR, Grand Junction, CO, Lubbock, TX, Melville, NY, Grove City, OH, Melville, NY, Portland, ME, Asheville, NC, Worcester, MA, Hartford, CT, Columbus, OH, Minneapolis, MN, Des Moines, IA, Carol Stream, IL, Macon, GA....Here are some jobs from Netflix:
 8 years ago '04        #159
space
space
 BrownBag said:
come up north morton grove skokie they always hiring some place...new joints stay opening up here
yo any particular places I should be looking for? Any dealership? I'm in f**king schaumburg area
 8 years ago '04        #160
space
space
 BrownBag said:
i dont think you wanna work at a dealership...its already harder to find a job at a dealership...more like clothing stores...i dunno if u like target or like walmart...all i know is that they are always hiring in like the glenview area...
aight chodya i'mma see whats up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish