So I basically have stop looking for jobs.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
126 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #121
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,917 | Props total: 6168 6168
 Derric said:
Like the guy above me said, times are getting crazy. With that said, I recommend getting into armed security. Go take and a course in your city/state and get certified. There's plenty of money in it. I'm doing that also. Not as an hourly employee, but as a contractor. There's a lot more money in it when you do it on contract.
A lot of these places of business are looking for armed security officers because of how crazy things are right now.
n*gga gone get k!lled protecting somebody else s**t. But man all this sounds ruff. I am in MI and there are no jobs here either. Everybody is struggling. I don't see how people are making it without cutting corners. s**t is crazy
 8 years ago '07        #122
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
 Joemama0203 said:
Nowadays it seems to me that u have to put in 4x the amount of resumes and applications in to get half the results u used to a couple years back. To at least get a call for an interview.
Hopefully no one here is just putting in a couple apps, sending 2 resumes,quitting and then complaining that no one called them...

@deziking congrats on that news. stay positive

@memyselfni I love ur signature...lol. So true. And yeah the medical field still is a hot place to find many jobs available.
i don't have a resume, never had a job and when i do get the interviews theres 8 other people getting interviewed at the same time as me with alot of experience or they used to work for the same store last year so i have no chance at gettin the spot anyway.
 8 years ago '06        #123
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Ay, Keep trying man hopefully something will open up for you. It's hard out here for everybody who's only making ends meat.. Even people with jobs are struggling to hold on to their little s**t. Stay positive though.

Last edited by davon4204; 11-22-2009 at 04:36 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #124
space
space
i just get frustrated when i meet girls with a steady job or 2 and they complain like "ugh i gotta go to work" and i can't even find 1!!!
 8 years ago '06        #125
Joemama0203 
space
space
$605 | Props total: 0 0
 kraYz13 said:
i don't have a resume, never had a job and when i do get the interviews theres 8 other people getting interviewed at the same time as me with alot of experience or they used to work for the same store last year so i have no chance at gettin the spot anyway.
oh ok I understand now. I cant stand group interviews lol so i feel u. And I only ever had them when i applied to retail jobs back in the day.
U mentioned ur in school, see if u can get some job search help there frm the career center. I dont know what sort of retail jobs ur applying for but maybe try and apply for those that are 'lower'..like dont apply at Macys and anything like that that will def want u to have at least some job experience. I honestly would recommend trying grocery stores and places hiring for seasonal employment now[not the big places]. They usually accept ppl with no experience.
Let everyone u know, fam and friends etc, that u are looking for a job. Then they will keep a look out and let u know who's hiring or maybe even know somebody that can get u into a position.
Even tho u dont have official job experience, make sure ur filling out the skills section of apps with something. Dont give up tho.
I hope u find something...
 8 years ago '07        #126
space
space
 Joemama0203 said:
oh ok I understand now. I cant stand group interviews lol so i feel u. And I only ever had them when i applied to retail jobs back in the day.
U mentioned ur in school, see if u can get some job search help there frm the career center. I dont know what sort of retail jobs ur applying for but maybe try and apply for those that are 'lower'..like dont apply at Macys and anything like that that will def want u to have at least some job experience. I honestly would recommend trying grocery stores and places hiring for seasonal employment now[not the big places]. They usually accept ppl with no experience.
Let everyone u know, fam and friends etc, that u are looking for a job. Then they will keep a look out and let u know who's hiring or maybe even know somebody that can get u into a position.
Even tho u dont have official job experience, make sure ur filling out the skills section of apps with something. Dont give up tho.
I hope u find something...
supermarkets sound like a good idea i had an interview with shop rite at one point but i already got offered a job at a discount clothing store if i had known what i know now i would have went with the supermarket job instead most retail stores don't appreciate hard workers. I technically have job experience but i rather not put it on apps
 8 years ago '06        #127
Joemama0203 
space
space
 kraYz13 said:
supermarkets sound like a good idea i had an interview with shop rite at one point but i already got offered a job at a discount clothing store if i had known what i know now i would have went with the supermarket job instead most retail stores don't appreciate hard workers. I technically have job experience but i rather not put it on apps
yeah after highschool my first job was at a supermarket. Before then I had 2 seasonal jobs at clothing retail stores. The first one I got thru my school and the 2nd thru my homegirl that already worked there and told me they needed ppl for the holidays. That last one wasnt 'official' tho because he paid under the table so yeah lol.

When I applied at retail spots like Macys and Sears etc...I didnt get it cuz of the experience thing. I remember getting an interview frm Macys and I was all pumped but when I got there I saw it was a group interview with like 20 ppl lol..so needless to say my face was looking like :frown:. How the hell was I gonna make myself stand out with my 2 lil measly seasonal jobs. So yeah later I got the supermarket job and that was pretty easy for me to get.

Hopefully its easy for u too. At least they cant tell u that ur overqualified, lol.
 8 years ago '07        #128
space
space
 Joemama0203 said:
yeah after highschool my first job was at a supermarket. Before then I had 2 seasonal jobs at clothing retail stores. The first one I got thru my school and the 2nd thru my homegirl that already worked there and told me they needed ppl for the holidays. That last one wasnt 'official' tho because he paid under the table so yeah lol.

When I applied at retail spots like Macys and Sears etc...I didnt get it cuz of the experience thing. I remember getting an interview frm Macys and I was all pumped but when I got there I saw it was a group interview with like 20 ppl lol..so needless to say my face was looking like :frown:. How the hell was I gonna make myself stand out with my 2 lil measly seasonal jobs. So yeah later I got the supermarket job and that was pretty easy for me to get.

Hopefully its easy for u too. At least they cant tell u that ur overqualified, lol.
i remember that happened to me once for a interview @ toys R 'Us i was like :dancingcool: im about to get the coolest discount spendin the money before i even had the job yet..i was the first one to show up super early but then i started to see more people and more people like 6 other people they took us to a room for the group interview we had to use the first letter of our first name to describe ourself, build something with legos within a time limit (the other people kept takin the good pieces :angry12:) then we all went outside the room and they called us in one by one i was the first then when i came back out a new person was in my seat i was like damn no chance in hell im gettin this job a job there worked for a different toys r us last season so that was a given then this other kid had the perfect answer to every question. :angry12:
 8 years ago '06        #129
Joemama0203 
space
space
 kraYz13 said:
i remember that happened to me once for a interview @ toys R 'Us i was like :dancingcool: im about to get the coolest discount spendin the money before i even had the job yet..i was the first one to show up super early but then i started to see more people and more people like 6 other people they took us to a room for the group interview we had to use the first letter of our first name to describe ourself, build something with legos within a time limit (the other people kept takin the good pieces :angry12:) then we all went outside the room and they called us in one by one i was the first then when i came back out a new person was in my seat i was like damn no chance in hell im gettin this job a job there worked for a different toys r us last season so that was a given then this other kid had the perfect answer to every question. :angry12:
yeah that sucks
 8 years ago '05        #130
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
I used to work at a temp agency and saw these situations all the time. Honestly most of the time if you have something on your record your resume is trashed. But if its for a job that's really in demand like CNC Machinist then you're misdemeanor will be over looked if you're talented enough.

Best thing to do is make a good a.ss resume and dont disclose anything about jobs you were fired from or had bad relationships with. If you dont have a resume WRITE ONE! When people would ask us for applications it just shows they are too lazy or too dumb to write a resume. Plus on a resume you can format it any way you want. You dont have to disclose you have a misdemeanor on your record or were fired.

If you land an interview. Look professional and have a good personality. Smile and act pleasant. Leave the thuggery at home. Dressing for an interview is not the same as dressing up for the club. If you have tattoos COVER THEM UP. I've seen many people hired just because they have great personalities.
 8 years ago '07        #131
space
space
 Joemama0203 said:
yeah that sucks
heres what happened with the first job i got that i didn't want to put on apps..

we got training in a city 40 minutes away because the store was brand new in a new mall they just built downtown we never even seen our store but after 2 weeks of training which was only 3 days in all we finally had to report to our store to help set it up and hang whatever clothes was left to be hung so im on the bus runnin late in traffic(i could have left my house earlier but i didn't think i would run into traffic ) im tryin to call one of the managers but it was his house phone i think so i get to the mall its raining and i can't find the store i finally find it and im about 14 minutes late or somethin so the other manager some old white guy stops me at the door looks at his watch and asks me what time i was suppose to be here and he can't let me in blah blah blah at this point i didn't get my check from training but i didn't want to ask for it then and there so maybe i could still keep my job and get a second chance to show up on time.

its sunday now and hes not there a woman manager is there so i clock in then i get my training check everythings fine.

tuesday hes back and hes surprised to see me he thought he fired me and made himself clear when all he said was he couldn't let me in so now hes talkin about hes gonna keep a close eye on me and stuff so im doin whatever they ask and that whole day i hung about 200+ ladies shirts i was just changin hangers all day and i didn't take a brake but he was still talkin about they might not have any hours for me so at this point i can just talk to his boss the owner of the store but i don't wanna take it that far i would rather not work with this guy because hes gonna try to cut down my hours anyway so i said f**k it.
 8 years ago '06        #132
Joemama0203 
space
space
 kraYz13 said:
heres what happened with the first job i got that i didn't want to put on apps..

we got training in a city 40 minutes away because the store was brand new in a new mall they just built downtown we never even seen our store but after 2 weeks of training which was only 3 days in all we finally had to report to our store to help set it up and hang whatever clothes was left to be hung so im on the bus runnin late in traffic(i could have left my house earlier but i didn't think i would run into traffic ) im tryin to call one of the managers but it was his house phone i think so i get to the mall its raining and i can't find the store i finally find it and im about 14 minutes late or somethin so the other manager some old white guy stops me at the door looks at his watch and asks me what time i was suppose to be here and he can't let me in blah blah blah at this point i didn't get my check from training but i didn't want to ask for it then and there so maybe i could still keep my job and get a second chance to show up on time.

its sunday now and hes not there a woman manager is there so i clock in then i get my training check everythings fine.

tuesday hes back and hes surprised to see me he thought he fired me and made himself clear when all he said was he couldn't let me in so now hes talkin about hes gonna keep a close eye on me and stuff so im doin whatever they ask and that whole day i hung about 200+ ladies shirts i was just changin hangers all day and i didn't take a brake but he was still talkin about they might not have any hours for me so at this point i can just talk to his boss the owner of the store but i don't wanna take it that far i would rather not work with this guy because hes gonna try to cut down my hours anyway so i said f**k it.
Oh alright..yeah I woulda prob not counted that job either lol. Well at least u got ur check . I had to write a strongly worded letter to my last job so they could finally send it and stop taking their sweet time. [in my state they dont have a limited amount of time to send it smh.] Of course a week later it was in my mailbox lol.
 8 years ago '07        #133
space
space
 Joemama0203 said:
Oh alright..yeah I woulda prob not counted that job either lol. Well at least u got ur check . I had to write a strongly worded letter to my last job so they could finally send it and stop taking their sweet time. [in my state they dont have a limited amount of time to send it smh.] Of course a week later it was in my mailbox lol.
they took 3 weeks to send me my last check, they called and said do you want us to send it to your house i said yes they told me my address and everything a week went by they called again told me i had a check there and if i want them to send it....mind you its the same person calling so i finally had to go down there and get it myself.
 8 years ago '06        #134
Joemama0203 
space
space
 kraYz13 said:
they took 3 weeks to send me my last check, they called and said do you want us to send it to your house i said yes they told me my address and everything a week went by they called again told me i had a check there and if i want them to send it....mind you its the same person calling so i finally had to go down there and get it myself.
I refused to go down there because I told them specifically in my resignation letter to mail the last check and I put my address. Everything was on point on my side. Then I sent them that letter letting them know the date I sent my resignation letter and included a copy and I told them its been x amount of wks I have still not received anything and gave them a choice of them sending it to me immediately or the dept of labor getting it frm them on my behalf. And like I said that s**t was in my mailbox a wk later lol. bastards.

They did u wrong acting all brand new like 'duh whats ur address again' and 'ohhh u wanted me to MAIL it'
I hate that, thats y I dont play around when it comes to my money. I dont care how long I been with a job, I dont trust none of them lol.
 8 years ago '04        #135
deziking 79 heat pts79 OP
space
space
$19,533 | Props total: 5115 5115
does anyone else hate the process of waiting on background checks and drug tests. I just want a god damn job! :angry12: I don't want to wait another week for a god damn paper to come back!!!!!!! And the other thing I notice is that there is no motivation around me, even when I hand out with friends or family members no f**king motivation, your not getting that up feeling tempo. I guess it's hard to get motivation these days. Times are hard. Wonder how it will be after christmas? After all the sale is done. It's just going to get worst man.
 8 years ago '06        #136
teejay12 
space
space
space
$1,030 | Props total: 0 0
And the other thing I notice is that there is no motivation around me, even when I hand out with friends or family members no f**king motivation, your not getting that up feeling tempo. I guess it's hard to get motivation these days.
:agreement6:
 8 years ago '06        #137
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,357 | Props total: 4629 4629
 sunn4511 said:
what the hell about this company needing bilingual candidates. last time i checked the official language is english and over 150 million people speak english i nthis country. a recruiter just told me that i met there qualifications but i have to be bilingual?
word lol. being able to speak Spanish is the only reason why i've been working since i graduated. for like every damn job i've applied to (with the exception of a securities broker) they wanted someone who could speak Spanish. I now work for myself (out of necessity...didn't plan it that way!) contracting my services. It feels good to be independent but this economy hurts my business so I'm not eating like I should be.

My Advice is if you have any skill try to make money from that. If you can't get a job try and create one. I remember when I was 13 I wanted money but moms didn't give allowance and I was too young to get a real job. So I created one. Started walking people's dogs and dog-sitting.

Go on Craigslist....post an add offering basketball training, if you're an artist start trying to sell your artwork, DJ...offer to spin for house parties....just get creative. It's when your back is up against the wall when you really start using your mind. Just don't give up.

I went through 3 jobs in the beginning of this year....getting fired at one (b/c my mom died and i just wasn't "all the way there" mentally), the other we all got let go because company ran out of money, and the last...the job never started cause they couldn't come up with the funds to pay me. But ol boy who said talk to your friends is right....talk to other people to see how they're making it. Good luck.
 11-23-2009, 04:55 AM         #138
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Real talk.. I just filed for EBT (food stamps) yesterday.
 8 years ago '06        #139
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
man its like the more south u go, the worse. out here in fl its crazy.
 8 years ago '04        #140
deziking 79 heat pts79 OP
space
space
$19,533 | Props total: 5115 5115
 Da Realness said:
man its like the more south u go, the worse. out here in fl its crazy.
where you at in florida? My friend is in miami going to medical college over there, I gave him my resume to pass it out but he's probably busy rite now.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
109 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
43 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
92 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy