So I basically have stop looking for jobs.

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
194 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
129 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #241
deziking 79 heat pts79 OP
space
space
$19,531 | Props total: 5111 5111
hell yea got a letter from the court with the judges signature saying my case is cleared. Woot now gotta find this job, getting bored with this temp job.
 8 years ago '07        #242
Antbone 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 1 1
^ Congrats
 8 years ago '06        #243
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,357 | Props total: 4629 4629
other options are AmeriCorps...you like work at nonprofits or something. some of your student loans get waived. Also try Idealist.org for other nonprofit type jobs. Doostang.com and LinkedIn.com.
 8 years ago '04        #244
space
space
 DominicanLou said:
other options are AmeriCorps...you like work at nonprofits or something. some of your student loans get waived. Also try Idealist.org for other nonprofit type jobs. Doostang.com and LinkedIn.com.
Wait what are those websites for? Can you explain it to me? I'm at my temp job rite now.
 8 years ago '04        #245
big jeffrey 
space
space
$2,382 | Props total: 357 357
linkedin is like a huge networking site, and the others are non-profit jobs, think something like a volunteer.
 8 years ago '09        #246
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,813 | Props total: 1137 1137
 deziking said:
hell yea got a letter from the court with the judges signature saying my case is cleared. Woot now gotta find this job, getting bored with this temp job.
Make sure you run some background checks on yourself to make everything is straight...definitley run a FBI fingerprint background if u want to work in education or banking because they check your prints...fbi background checks take forever...I sent mine out on dec 20 and I'm still waiting for the results the girl on the phone said it should be another 2-3 weeks when I called last thursday
 8 years ago '07        #247
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
went on the amc interview yesterday was suppose to be about 7 people there but only 2 others shown up, this one was alot easier we got asked 2 question about a good experience at a place and a bad experience then we just read the job descriptions off of this paper the other guys was scared so i read the longest job description both times.

they said they will call us within 48 hours but since its a snowstorm today sunday will be the latest. they will call for a second interview if they're interested but why 2 interviews just hire me DAMMIT!
 8 years ago '06        #248
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,357 | Props total: 4629 4629
 big jeffrey said:
linkedin is like a huge networking site, and the others are non-profit jobs, think something like a volunteer.
exactly. i got my first two jobs off idealist.org...actually the one im still in. i work for a nonprofit CDFI (community development financial institution). i wasnt feeling social work so the job i have now is the only thing im willing to do in the nonprofit. but i suggested it because its a whole other territory. and the work can be chill. the pay cannot be as competitive (depends on the agency/location/how well connected they are). but there are some perks. like the chill factor. even though we're a financial institution since we're nonprofit the feel is different. its SO chill. no one micro manages me. everybody is cool as f**k. and im outnumbered by WOMEN hahaha. so, its good for a single guy. you get immediate satisfaction cause youre helping people. i go to a bunch of meetings and conferences.....just for the food, change of scenery and to socialize basically hahahah. honestly, i did not wanna go into nonprofit because i was/am about making money. but like anything u gotta milk it and play the cards your dealt. i milked my position so that most of my network is from the private sector. and now my side gig is charging nonprofit agencies $350/hour to talk to their client about money management.

just get in where you can plan your exit carefully and strategically. but work too hard at a job you hate you might start giving up on your dream.

and linkedin is good to get on. some employers will exclusively advertise positions on LinkedIn and not on any other network.
 8 years ago '04        #249
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,749 | Props total: 431 431
just stay positive everyone and keep callin back..I finally got hired as a Health Care Recruiter and my manager basically told me I got hired because I wanted the job and was showing the most interest. He said he would rather have a 20-something with a strong passion than a 30-something all the experience in the world..making some very good $$ for a 23 year old..45hours a week but its worth it
 8 years ago '09        #250
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space

Last edited by mtva24; 06-10-2010 at 09:20 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #251
Antbone 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 1 1
So i got an interview with yet another security company, i'm already working part time already!! but nothing wrong with having 2 jobs u know...more cash that's all besides that income tax check almost gone time to reup!! IM SINGLE
 8 years ago '09        #252
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
 mtva24 said:
i got my petty larceny expunged at the end of last year :applause: , unfortunately I did it after it cost me my first real job out of college...then this bulls**t a.ss recession hit and now i'm stuck with a customer service gig with a 4 year degree and no record....I cant find a goddamn thing here in VA
 deziking said:

mtva24 said:
Make sure you run some background checks on yourself to make everything is straight...definitley run a FBI fingerprint background if u want to work in education or banking because they check your prints...fbi background checks take forever...I sent mine out on dec 20 and I'm still waiting for the results the girl on the phone said it should be another 2-3 weeks when I called last thursday
Got my department of justice/ fbi fingerprint record back on friday....the disposition said no arrest record...good s**t, my expungement really worked :dancingcool: :applause:...Now its time to work in banking, stay positive BX

Last edited by mtva24; 02-22-2010 at 01:14 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #253
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
got myself a job through an agency 100% about to become permanent, not bad opening envelopes for nearly 19$ an hour ha!
 02-22-2010, 07:28 PM         #254
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kraYz13 said:
went on the amc interview yesterday was suppose to be about 7 people there but only 2 others shown up, this one was alot easier we got asked 2 question about a good experience at a place and a bad experience then we just read the job descriptions off of this paper the other guys was scared so i read the longest job description both times.

they said they will call us within 48 hours but since its a snowstorm today sunday will be the latest. they will call for a second interview if they're interested but why 2 interviews just hire me DAMMIT!
I pray you get it homie
 8 years ago '07        #255
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
 Tommy_Bunz said:
I pray you get it homie
im starting to think my hair might be a problem because that was the best interview i had so far, they must have hired someone from the other group of people they interviewed oh well im about to hit up some grocery stores
 02-23-2010, 04:15 PM         #256
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man im unemployed, i had to quit because i was about to go to the EEOC about the politics and discrimination. I had been enduring intolerable shyt for months and once i quit i didint give a f**k about going to the EEOC and for the first time ever im enjoying being unemployed to an extent. Since i have no Income, i eat less to conserve cash and im working out more so im using this free time to lose fat.

I applied to a job with the Transportaion Security Administration(TSA) back in November, and Here I am at the end of Febuary still stuck in the Hiring process. When I start, i should be making 15.17/Hr and prolly more if the locality rate goes up and if overtime is possible. These damn federal government jobs take a long time and its tedious as hell. but once i get onit should be a blast

right now im just coasting and still going to school, just got my finanical aid in time, thank god. Bout to graduate this semester with a Technical Certificate in Manufacturing and Mechanical CAD,Next semester, a Technical Cert in Quality a.ssurance.(all classes count towards my AAS in Mechanical Engineering Technology so i figured "might as well get something to show for while im going" its better than just having a damn HS Diploma on my resume

Last edited by Rhyme n Tekniq; 02-23-2010 at 04:18 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #257
space
space
s**t I just re-applied at one of the honda dealership by my house for service tech! He said he had 2 more openings. I hope everything comes out clear on the backgroun since it has been sealed! or else I'll have to take the chevrolet porter job . I don't know what to do, cause I called chevrolet dealer by my house and only opening he had was porter, he said to come in on saturday to talk in person.
 06-10-2010, 04:03 PM         #258
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dg177bx said:
got myself a job through an agency 100% about to become permanent, not bad opening envelopes for nearly 19$ an hour ha!
good looking.. I got a job full time doing office work (slack) & the co-workers smoke during lunch break.. chea!
 7 years ago '06        #259
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,424 | Props total: 3135 3135
 goldenchild7317 said:
Just keep your heads up fellas and keep trying. I just got hired by Colgate and I have been looking for a job since June since I got laid off. It a part time gig that only pays 16 bucks but ill take what I can get while I'm still getting my degree. Try job placement or any temp work. My school hooked me up with an interview so I got lucky.Good luck everyone.
just 16 for a part time? u must have a doctorate or some s**t, i'd be happy as f**k if i made $16 an hour, s**t.
 7 years ago '08        #260
DUCE 141 heat pts141
space
space
$10,551 | Props total: 537 537
 Reppindaburghh said:
I dont understand this problem.

If I got fired TOMORROW, or just quit for some reason, I could probably get hired at 10 other places by days end.

If you cant find a job, your either A.Not looking enough, or B.Your standards are to high.

Find a s**tty job while you look for a good one, man. Not a difficult concept.

Edit: I also have felonies, so that isnt an excuse.

Double Edit: You dont have to settle for a s**tty job, either. I make 18 dollars an hour on a good week. Jobs commision based. So it varies, but its never below 14 dollars an hour or so. And my job is EASY AS f**k. And i'm only 22, fresh 22 at that, so thats decent money considering I didnt go to college or any of that. But, just get a s**tty 9 dollar an hour job until you catch a break and find a good job.
this is the best advice, find a s**tty job so at least have some income coming in and look for a better one
that way if it takes you 6 months.. at least u got a bunch of paychecks in ur account no matter how low they are
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy