So I basically have stop looking for jobs.

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
205 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #181
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,754 | Props total: 440 440
to everyone wondering why they want bi-lingual is because they can...right now..its the companies with the advantage because back in the day (pre-recession)...the employee had the upper hand because their were alot of jobs available and companies were f!ghting with each other for the candidates and the candidates actually had options...now in the recession or post-recession still...the companies get so many applicants that they can pick and choose who they want...they can under-pay, make requires that are ridiculous or very uncommon because they can..they want the most bang for their buck...say their was a customer service position available and me and u are the ones going for it...U got the experience and the degree but I can speak spanish really well...who u think they gonna take? they can train anybody..they cant always find someone who speaks spanish well
 8 years ago '04        #182
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,754 | Props total: 440 440
 sunn4511 said:
common dude, i understand what you trying to say but you keep forgetting there are about 250 million people who speak ENGLISH. if the company was selling directly to citizens in a foreign country then i can understand. i am not criticizing anyone but it gets frustrating when i see a job i know i can perform and not able to get it becuause i am not bilingual.
but u realize that mexicans/spanish people are the new hotspots for targeting in the US right? they are very loyal to companies/brands and they are targeting them big time now and its great to have someone to speak their natural language to them
 8 years ago '07        #183
Antbone 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 1 1
yeah them hispanics are growing more and more like roaches
 8 years ago '05        #184
mobsta 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,016 | Props total: 244 244
 Antbone said:
hahahahahahaha make them border hoppers employed in fixing your house & doing slave labor
 8 years ago '04        #185
deziking 81 heat pts81 OP
space
space
$19,578 | Props total: 5270 5270
lmfao :lachen001:
 8 years ago '05        #186
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
 Antbone said:
ima let that s**t slide since it seems that your miniture mind is ignorant as f**k, i look black but im dominican, and the bi lingual skill is definite plus for me plus i dont have dumb s**t on my record but still nyc is a b**ch when it comes to gettin that job but i do have that feeling that when it comes its gonna be good. for now im just working on personal projects that would grow along the way while i work at somwhere else. i have an a.ssosiates and a b.a In communications/humanities.... anyone in ny still having these job trouble?
 8 years ago '06        #187
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,381 | Props total: 4661 4661
 dg177bx said:
ima let that s**t slide since it seems that your miniture mind is ignorant as f**k, i look black but im dominican, and the bi lingual skill is definite plus for me plus i dont have dumb s**t on my record but still nyc is a b**ch when it comes to gettin that job but i do have that feeling that when it comes its gonna be good. for now im just working on personal projects that would grow along the way while i work at somwhere else. i have an a.ssosiates and a b.a In communications/humanities.... anyone in ny still having these job trouble?
yea i look black but im American :rolleyes:

but yea being able to speak Spanish has worked wonders here in LA. people are always surprised at meetings when they find out im the one thats bilingual. And ima be straight up. Sometimes when im doing workshops and s**t I'll understand like 90-95% because the Mexican accent i have trouble with sometimes. A lot of the agencies i work for have majority latino staff, so it's like why throw me the black guy in there?

i just think its a lack of skilled people. I teach financial education. i work in a field called a.sset development which is basically financial planning for people with low income. and there's just really not an abundance of bilingual people that can talk/explain financial topics in my field. i just happen to bring the right set of skills to the table. And its now become my niche....even though i feel more comfortable speaking English.

Language is a skill. Once you learn another language you also learn how to communicate, in general. your communication skills improve. your listening skills improve. many things you learn besides the language. if you can and you have the desire i would recommend it. we're in a global society. it pays to know how to communicate. it also opens up your network. opens up opportunities, etc.
 8 years ago '07        #188
Antbone 
space
space
 dg177bx said:
and I look biracial but im black...

and i don't have a small mind unlike some of us, it's just crazy how a certain race comes in a takes over s**t where's the black men are still having problems..for instance im in the Army Reserves, i have my a.ssociate Degree, and a clean record still having a HARD a.ss time finding employment

What im gone end up doing is volunteering for a deployment then i'll be making over $4,000 a month...but once i do that then employers will want to hire me after the fact, like right now im tryin to work before christmas but it seems i wont til january which defeats the purpose
 8 years ago '05        #189
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,478 | Props total: 2826 2826
hey man, dont quit lookin....keep lookin, applying and calling. i been lookin for a job since march of this year, moved back home and everything.

in the last week, i got hired by the Post Office and have an upcoming interview wit Sprint...just gotta keep grinding it out

pray on it also
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #190
teejay12 
space
space
space
$1,030 | Props total: 0 0
if u into wrkin at a restaurant my boy jus told me applebee's is hiring and chilli's is too !!
 8 years ago '04        #191
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
You quittn at the wrong time. Holiday season is the easiest time to get hired & even if seasonal that's still bread in your pockets. . .Some money is better than no money. . .
 8 years ago '04        #192
Ex[Hale] 
space
space
space
$657 | Props total: 7 7
Any of you followup with a phone call after applying online? If so what do you ask the person in charge of hiring?
 8 years ago '05        #193
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,478 | Props total: 2826 2826
 Ex[Hale] said:
Any of you followup with a phone call after applying online? If so what do you ask the person in charge of hiring?
i ask for the manager on-duty, then i just tell them that im callin to check the status of an app i put in.....if they ask for ya name, you good!

if they dont, try again in a couple days
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #194
Antbone 
space
space
 WestbankThugBoy said:
hey man, dont quit lookin....keep lookin, applying and calling. i been lookin for a job since march of this year, moved back home and everything.

in the last week, i got hired by the Post Office and have an upcoming interview wit Sprint...just gotta keep grinding it out

pray on it also
Posted via Mobile Device
:sad5: man it's hard...i been lookin all year long like u..and only had 3 interviews, and only 1 im able to work at, but they still aint call me back yet

so i called the other day and left a voicemail message
 8 years ago '07        #195
Antbone 
space
space
UPDATE: So this New Year's Eve i had a interview for this security position...

Everything went so well that i ended up with a job to start off the New Year!! AMAZING

I took the drug test there and everything all in one day..:agreement6:

I start this weekend..
 8 years ago '06        #196
Joemama0203 
space
space
$605 | Props total: 0 0
 Antbone said:
UPDATE: So this New Year's Eve i had a interview for this security position...

Everything went so well that i ended up with a job to start off the New Year!! AMAZING

I took the drug test there and everything all in one day..:agreement6:

I start this weekend..
Congrats!
 8 years ago '07        #197
Antbone 
space
space
 Joemama0203 said:
Congrats!
thank u ma'am

Last edited by Antbone; 01-01-2010 at 11:04 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #198
Joemama0203 
space
space
 Antbone said:
thank u sir
ma'am :)
 8 years ago '07        #199
Antbone 
space
space
 Joemama0203 said:
ma'am :)
my bad lol imma go edit dat shid right nah...
 8 years ago '06        #200
Joemama0203 
space
space
 Antbone said:
my bad lol imma go edit dat shid right nah...
lol its ok.

U start that job today right? how's it going
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago