most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

who had the best debut outta the four?
Eminem - Slim Shady 31 18.90%
Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt 27 16.46%
Snoop Dogg - Doggy Style 68 41.46%
Biggie Smalls - Ready To Die 38 23.17%
Voters: 164. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #81
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Kal Tourette said:
that's y I have a bias towards him. eminem could have copied **** music talking about their slave owner cars, money with their masters faces on, copying the same racist mafia leaders who came from families of traders and slave owners, and promoting the violence against eachother. em could have, but he chose a completely different approach and thts y he is the top hip hop seller of all time. he brought the lyricism of pun, but the stories of country music and rock. that was amazing to go through so much reverse racism and still say "f**k ya'll" with his debut. it meant a lot and opened ears to a new sound and style. a mix of practically his top list on "till I collapse". eminem has range. I just want fellaz to respect him as a great is all. too many haters for no reason. i'd defend the artistry of rakim, joe budden, lupe fiasco, etc if someone stupidly downs their amazing artistic talents. its just that eminem is in this list. eminem has some range out this world. but u had a well put together argument and I respect that. also as for RD lines I meant across the world many don't even know tht album exists. check international rankings and I grew up all over africa and in england.
Posted via Mobile Device
i can see why you like eminem so much now. thing is, hip hop is always gonna have something to do with violence, the struggle etc because emcees came up in that environment, so they just telling their life through music, obviously some alot better than others. Until the actual environment changes how can hip hop, i mean thats why Jay-Z cops so much hate, I mean I will admit he is lazy, but in terms of subject matter he has grown up with his life experiences etc. as I said earlier, Eminem puts words together in a way thats second to none. But alot of Eminem's success in terms of popularity and mainstream sales are usually by people that like his singles and thats it, which is sad because his albums are of decent quality.
 11-12-2009, 10:24 PM         #82
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sheedawg said:
i can see why you like eminem so much now. thing is, hip hop is always gonna have something to do with violence, the struggle etc because emcees came up in that environment, so they just telling their life through music, obviously some alot better than others. Until the actual environment changes how can hip hop, i mean thats why Jay-Z cops so much hate, I mean I will admit he is lazy, but in terms of subject matter he has grown up with his life experiences etc. as I said earlier, Eminem puts words together in a way thats second to none. But alot of Eminem's success in terms of popularity and mainstream sales are usually by people that like his singles and thats it, which is sad because his albums are of decent quality.
no!! surprisingly a lot of females even here in DFW texas actually do own and know many of eminem songs on his albums and the lyrics. U'd be surprised how many more chicks bought eminem over Jay...oh wait didn't the numbers show that? It can't just be his singles cause he's number one ALBUM sales of all time...someone's buyin his albums...
 11-12-2009, 10:27 PM         #83
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and with all the propaganda POP aspects of BP3 and Jay being everywhere etc with more marketing this year...Eminem STILL out sold him? WOW...that was shocking to me since Em hardly had as much promo he normally has. He hasn't even pushed his singles as usual just We Made You, but beautiful is doing ok. Still someone buys his albums
 8 years ago '06        #84
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,867 | Props total: 261 261
Gotta go with Doggystyle
 11-12-2009, 10:34 PM         #85
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maddog345 said:
Gotta go with Doggystyle
i agree
 11-12-2009, 10:42 PM         #86
almcaffee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Actually Snoop Doggs debut album is:

[pic - click to view]

Even though it is a Dre Album, without snoop, it would not be the classic it is..... and without question Snoop Dogg had the better debut whether it was the chronic or doggystyle that young hungry snoop was better than jay-z and eminem......
 8 years ago '07        #87
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14587 14587
 Picasso said:
only one dude mentioned X?!?!? X had the best debut for any rap artist IN MY OPINION and my reason behind that is 3 PLATINUM ALBUMS IN 2 YRS!!! name another rapper to do that
I don't care about how much he sold but you're right he did have one of the best debut albums.
 8 years ago '05        #88
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Kal Tourette said:
no!! surprisingly a lot of females even here in DFW texas actually do own and know many of eminem songs on his albums and the lyrics. U'd be surprised how many more chicks bought eminem over Jay...oh wait didn't the numbers show that? It can't just be his singles cause he's number one ALBUM sales of all time...someone's buyin his albums...
exactly my point. i highly doubt those same females are mouthing off the lyrics to Till I Collapse etc. Of course females are gonna buy Eminem over Jay, as much as its sad to say, Eminem is a white male from a trailor, Jay-Z to them is just another rapper from the hood. Im not talkgin down Eminem at all, I just think there is a percentage of his fans are ignorant, "but Eminem is a different rapper to those black guys" type of people.
 11-13-2009, 07:27 AM         #89
Lot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RD is the best hip hop album
 8 years ago '09        #90
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,077 | Props total: 8847 8847
 wepainters said:
doggystyle is f**king trash...
RTD by far
then RD
then SSLP
then doggystyle
:jay: only on bx tho
doggystyle >>>> RTD
Doggystyle >>>>> any Eminem album
Doggystyle >>>>>>> any Jay-z album

Last edited by Ash10; 02-12-2010 at 11:30 AM..
 02-12-2010, 11:51 AM         #91
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
illmatic over all of these albums....real talk
 02-12-2010, 12:02 PM         #92
master467  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Doggystyle.
 8 years ago '04        #93
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
this is a baited question. each of those albums was the pinnacle of the time. stop being stupid to create an argument. ems the goat though for real.
 02-12-2010, 12:18 PM         #94
Stayburnin  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i understand some n*ggas not pickin doggystyle but 4 someone like wepainters to say it was garbage is the dumbest thing i heard today. its easily 1 of the best albums of all time. my order would be doggystyle, RD, RTD, SSLP. i think RTD was overrated. it was an amazing album but not top 5 imo but def top 10. sslp was a great debut album but the only 1 thats not a classic. n*ggas are hatin on it oo much though. it was a great album lyrically. he is 1 of the best lyricists i just wish he went back to his serious raps like way i am, til i collapse. im too black for that serial k!ller type s**t but thats his persona and its creative and i respect great lyricists. but yea there was no point of puttin it on the list as good as the album was it wasnt a classic and the other 3 were.
 8 years ago '09        #95
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,698 | Props total: 6196 6196
 sheedawg said:
exactly my point. i highly doubt those same females are mouthing off the lyrics to Till I Collapse etc. Of course females are gonna buy Eminem over Jay, as much as its sad to say, Eminem is a white male from a trailor, Jay-Z to them is just another rapper from the hood. Im not talkgin down Eminem at all, I just think there is a percentage of his fans are ignorant, "but Eminem is a different rapper to those black guys" type of people.
At the concert i went to in 03 everyone seemed to sing along to every song(girls singing Soldier and the like).

Eminem does his own thing his style is very unique,its a reason to hate and to like.If he was black and rapped about the same s**t everyone else does he probably would not be as good.He had a huge hurdle to climb being white on the SSLP after the damage Vanilla ice had done but people looked past his color when they heard s**t like Still dont give a f**k,Dre thought he was black when he heard the demo tape.

The people who say he only sells and gets praise cause he is white are ignorant because he has undeniable skills.If 50 can sell 12 million Eminem should be allowed sell 22 million without the race card being pulled out.

Out of these albums id choose Doggystyle(one of my 1st rap albums)then the TSSLP,the other 2 are over rated.

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 02-12-2010 at 12:27 PM..
 02-12-2010, 12:24 PM         #96
kronik414  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Doggystyle
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '05        #97
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,029 | Props total: 1226 1226
doggystyle, knew every verse to every song off this cd the only album i can say i know back and front
 8 years ago '08        #98
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
Doggystyle was twice as good as any of those albums.
 8 years ago '09        #99
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,595 | Props total: 4551 4551
 Kal Tourette said:
nobody in the history of rap had ever RHYMED like eminem does and that did open doors for many who rhyme a lot more syllables now. Eminem used words nobody was using and came very unique. He was VERY innovative. What did Jay bring that hadn't been ran into the ground? more mafia gangster rap? Didn't all them guys get birthed by NWA? That gangster s**t? What did biggie or Jay bring or say that hadn't been brought before? I had never heard a drugged out white boy from a trailer park who could RAP his a.ss off. I had never heard a song like guilty conscience. I've heard similar attempts, but not on that creative caliber.
you're the worst d*ck-ridin stan in the world. god damn. shut the f*ck up.
 8 years ago '09        #100
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 Kal Tourette said:
they did, but Eminem does it better and has a more retrospective style. He doesn't just talk gangster s**t all day. Yes he covers drugs, mom, kim, hailie, politics etc, but who else steps out of the box like that? Lupe is dope, but he just another Nas and not as good. I LOVE the cool, but he is a nas, rakim type rapper. Eminem is similar to???
Stop while your ahead u k!llin yaself terribly. Lupe is not similar to nas or rakim
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
178 comments
1 day ago