Reasonable Doubt vs Doggystyle vs Slim Shady LP vs Ready To Die

most viewed right now
 180
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 109
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 97
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
41 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 78
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
38 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

who had the best debut outta the four?
Eminem - Slim Shady 31 18.90%
Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt 27 16.46%
Snoop Dogg - Doggy Style 68 41.46%
Biggie Smalls - Ready To Die 38 23.17%
Voters: 164. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-11-2009, 04:43 PM         #61
rd Meth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
infinite > all 4 of those
 11-11-2009, 05:00 PM         #62
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rd Meth said:
infinite > all 4 of those
the song alone LOL, but nah i liked Doggystyle slightly more...it did more for hip hop
 11-11-2009, 05:02 PM         #63
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
i think u gettin classic confused with catchy.
no i didn't. a CLASSIC song....please u explaine different than what i said...SSLP gets just as much play or more than RD infact WAAAAY more universally till this day so what is CLASSIC then?
 8 years ago '06        #64
fallguy 
space
avatar space
space
$4,880 | Props total: 1637 1637
snoop dogg
 8 years ago '04        #65
SHOWTIME 
space
avatar space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 Kal Tourette said:
i know a lot of people who still know most of the rhymes from Slim Shady LP.

 11-11-2009, 05:53 PM         #66
hiphop4ever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rd Meth said:
infinite > all 4 of those

[pic - click to view]

 11-11-2009, 06:16 PM         #67
snoopdoggiz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Doggystyle
RD
SSLP
RTD
 8 years ago '09        #68
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$36,227 | Props total: 19336 19336
 rd Meth said:
infinite > all 4 of those

Hell No! the infinite album imo is overrated by underground heads i am eminem fan but the highlight of the album is the title track.
 11-11-2009, 07:47 PM         #69
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kal Tourette said:
nobody in the history of rap had ever RHYMED like eminem does and that did open doors for many who rhyme a lot more syllables now. Eminem used words nobody was using and came very unique. He was VERY innovative. What did Jay bring that hadn't been ran into the ground? more mafia gangster rap? Didn't all them guys get birthed by NWA? That gangster s**t? What did biggie or Jay bring or say that hadn't been brought before? I had never heard a drugged out white boy from a trailer park who could RAP his a.ss off. I had never heard a song like guilty conscience. I've heard similar attempts, but not on that creative caliber.


rofl@nobody in the history of rap ever rhymed like eminem....you act like rap started with jay z,and biggie...f**k outta here.... as far as multi syllabic rhyming pharoahe monch was doing what eminem was doing WELL before eminem was doing it,so was bis,so was chino xl...as far as styling....redman was doing it WELL before eminem came along......even funnier is you admitting there were songs done before guilty conscious like guilty conscious...but you're gasing it,because you like it better?....thank you for making my point....the only thing em did different was tell his story...which of course is original..it's his life....


but please stop with the exaggerating,and flat out lies....i realize you love eminem,but em is talented enough to be able to stand on his own merits without you embellishing the truth..
 8 years ago '06        #70
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,954 | Props total: 4672 4672
why does this dude act like masta ace isnt the father of eminem's style?
 8 years ago '04        #71
SHOWTIME 
space
avatar space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 jj01 said:
why does this dude act like masta ace isnt the father of eminem's style?
that idiot acts like kool g rap/ big pun and countless others didnt do some sick multi syllable rhymes b4 eminem..

hes starting to sound like a certain kid named stan
 11-12-2009, 02:31 AM         #72
Homer Piffson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rd>>>>RTD>>>>SSLP>>>Backshots



i love snoop and all but on the mic, duke was average imo...yah he dripped with charisma and his flow was impeccable over some dope a.ss production but....wait hold up never mind...
 11-12-2009, 11:34 AM         #73
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHOWTIME said:
that idiot acts like kool g rap/ big pun and countless others didnt do some sick multi syllable rhymes b4 eminem..

hes starting to sound like a certain kid named stan
they did, but Eminem does it better and has a more retrospective style. He doesn't just talk gangster s**t all day. Yes he covers drugs, mom, kim, hailie, politics etc, but who else steps out of the box like that? Lupe is dope, but he just another Nas and not as good. I LOVE the cool, but he is a nas, rakim type rapper. Eminem is similar to???
 11-12-2009, 11:37 AM         #74
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kal Tourette said:
they did, but Eminem does it better and has a more retrospective style. He doesn't just talk gangster s**t all day. Yes he covers drugs, mom, kim, hailie, politics etc, but who else steps out of the box like that? Lupe is dope, but he just another Nas and not as good. I LOVE the cool, but he is a nas, rakim type rapper. Eminem is similar to???


yeah,because nas came out using the skateboard culture,and robots as metaphors on his debut album...


get real duke....
 11-12-2009, 01:30 PM         #75
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
yeah,because nas came out using the skateboard culture,and robots as metaphors on his debut album...


get real duke....
they r all conscious emcees heavy on the politics of the world and hip hop state. all relaying a message of conscious awareness and elevation...THINK before u quick to just blurt s**t out.
Posted via Mobile Device
 11-12-2009, 02:10 PM         #76
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kal Tourette said:
they r all conscious emcees heavy on the politics of the world and hip hop state. all relaying a message of conscious awareness and elevation...THINK before u quick to just blurt s**t out.
Posted via Mobile Device


all talking about different things all together....what nas spoke about on illmatic is completely different from what lupe was talking about on food,and liquor....you're trying to group them in one big box,because you don't consider them "gangsta rappers".....like there are only 2 types of rappers....and you got the nerve to tell me to think before i blurt s**t out?...you haven't made one well thought out comment in this entire thread....
 11-12-2009, 03:22 PM         #77
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
all talking about different things all together....what nas spoke about on illmatic is completely different from what lupe was talking about on food,and liquor....you're trying to group them in one big box,because you don't consider them "gangsta rappers".....like there are only 2 types of rappers....and you got the nerve to tell me to think before i blurt s**t out?...you haven't made one well thought out comment in this entire thread....
ok
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '05        #78
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
kal, your blatant bias towards eminem is laughable. LOL at you saying no one knows Reasonable Doubt lines, and you call yourself a hip hop head. Once again you make drastic generalizations of every artist, except for Eminem. Doggystyle, Ready To Die and Reasonable Doubt, basically undisputed classics, whether you like it or not, most heads will tell you that. The fact that SSLP is being debated as a classic should speak volumes, but as usual you ignore it. at you saying Mafioso rap and NWA in the same sentence you pleb. Jay-Z humanized the hustler, he wasnt promoting the lifestyle, he just told the stories of that life, the up and downs that come along with it. Ready To Die is just a lot more hardcore and in your face, but B.I.G's humour and sheer charisma makes you sometimes forget how harsh his lyrics were, that was B.I.G's style. Eminem just told his story, and since no one else in hip hop was a white, trailor trash addict his stories seem that much more different.
 11-12-2009, 08:57 PM         #79
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sheedawg said:
kal, your blatant bias towards eminem is laughable. LOL at you saying no one knows Reasonable Doubt lines, and you call yourself a hip hop head. Once again you make drastic generalizations of every artist, except for Eminem. Doggystyle, Ready To Die and Reasonable Doubt, basically undisputed classics, whether you like it or not, most heads will tell you that. The fact that SSLP is being debated as a classic should speak volumes, but as usual you ignore it. at you saying Mafioso rap and NWA in the same sentence you pleb. Jay-Z humanized the hustler, he wasnt promoting the lifestyle, he just told the stories of that life, the up and downs that come along with it. Ready To Die is just a lot more hardcore and in your face, but B.I.G's humour and sheer charisma makes you sometimes forget how harsh his lyrics were, that was B.I.G's style. Eminem just told his story, and since no one else in hip hop was a white, trailor trash addict his stories seem that much more different.
that's y I have a bias towards him. eminem could have copied **** music talking about their slave owner cars, money with their masters faces on, copying the same racist mafia leaders who came from families of traders and slave owners, and promoting the violence against eachother. em could have, but he chose a completely different approach and thts y he is the top hip hop seller of all time. he brought the lyricism of pun, but the stories of country music and rock. that was amazing to go through so much reverse racism and still say "f**k ya'll" with his debut. it meant a lot and opened ears to a new sound and style. a mix of practically his top list on "till I collapse". eminem has range. I just want fellaz to respect him as a great is all. too many haters for no reason. i'd defend the artistry of rakim, joe budden, lupe fiasco, etc if someone stupidly downs their amazing artistic talents. its just that eminem is in this list. eminem has some range out this world. but u had a well put together argument and I respect that. also as for RD lines I meant across the world many don't even know tht album exists. check international rankings and I grew up all over africa and in england.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #80
DrockSteady 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$5,974 | Props total: 2 2
only one dude mentioned X?!?!? X had the best debut for any rap artist IN MY OPINION and my reason behind that is 3 PLATINUM ALBUMS IN 2 YRS!!! name another rapper to do that
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 43
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
34 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 36
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 9
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
241 comments
2 days ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy