Bought a brand new phone off Ebay, but ESN is in use....options?

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
244 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
403 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
10262 pageviews
19 comments

R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,010 | Props total: 226 226
Bought a brand new phone off Ebay, but ESN is in use....options?

Tried activating it and they told me it was still in use by another number, I tried contacting the seller and he gave me a vague response telling me I had to activate it in store (yea right). I messaged him back that wasnt gonna happen and that if i cant get the ESN cleared i was gonna need my bread back.

Now im 70% sure he's not gonna respond, but im not too worried because im pretty sure if I call my bank or contact paypal they can get my money back. But in the meantime, is there anyway I can activate this phone? The s**t was brand new, box was still sealed and everything included. Im guessing dude stole it or something.

So is there anything I can do to get it working or do I have to just return the s**t and get my money back?

19 comments for "Bought a brand new phone off Ebay, but ESN is in use....options?"

8 years ago '07        #2
JoeDoe22 50 heat pts50
space
space
$4,116 | Props total: 230 230
Id file a paypal complaint first. No way a (new) sealed phone has a used ESN. He probably has access to a shrink wrap machine

Last edited by JoeDoe22; 11-06-2009 at 09:11 AM..
 11-06-2009, 10:34 AM         #3
DEEZKNOTS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol u got served!!!!!!!!!!!!! always check the sellers past transactions before you buy, dumbass! i only f**k with the seller if it says 100% or 99%.
 8 years ago '05        #4
R4P 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
^ while the s**t IS an inconvenience, I hardly got served you dimwit. Furthermore can you point me out to where I even brought up the sellers %? Because I coulda sworn I didnt mention it seeing at how it was 100%.

dont ever come at me like that again

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by R4P; 11-07-2009 at 02:42 PM..
 11-06-2009, 04:46 PM         #5
DEEZKNOTS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 R4P said:
^ while the s**t IS an inconvenience, I hardly got served you dimwit. Furthermore can you point me out to where I even brought up the sellers %? Because I coulda sworn I didnt mention it seeing at how it was 100%.

dont ever come at me like that again

[pic - click to view]

Dum a.ss im tellin you that when ever you buy somethin off ebay you have to make sure that the sellers % is 100. Then you wont get sold a phone with a bad esn. Ive bought 6 phones off ebay, and i have a HTC Hero coming in the mail as we speak and i have never had this problem because I always check the seller rating and past transactions history. AND BUY THE WAY YOU DID GET SERVED!!! THERE IS NO WAY TO ACTIVATE A PHONE WITH A BAD ESN. I REPEAT THERE IS NO WAY TO ACTIVATE A PHONE WITH A BAD ESN NUMBER!!!! HA HA HOW DOES IT FEEL TO WASTE A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS LOSER.
 8 years ago '04        #6
Jigga 
space
space
space
$62 | Props total: 0 0
Sorry to say that the previous post is correct that that ESN cannot be activated. I work for a cell phone company and this happens all the time. Whether its purchased with a stolen credit card from us and then resold on eBay or just outright stolen from the store...proper procedure is to freeze the ESN until the matter is cleared up. I always feel bad when I see this happen to people but thats the nature of eBay its a gamble. All I can suggest is try calling customer service (Im sure you have already) but keep trying because you may get a person that will unblock it for you although I highly doubt it. PayPal is very good with giving you the funds back as long as its not past the limit of days (I think 60 days). I would contact them immediately and file that complaint to get the ball rolling...or contact my bank to get it back from them. Sorry man.

Last edited by Jigga; 11-06-2009 at 05:02 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #7
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,107 | Props total: 1547 1547
When you guys buy phones on ebay are they typically expensive?
 8 years ago '05        #8
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,630 | Props total: 13707 13707
 QualityRecords said:
When you guys buy phones on ebay are they typically expensive?
Yea, the cheapest place to get them is through your celluar company. The advantage of buying off is eBay is not having to extend your contract.
 8 years ago '06        #9
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
just because something's sealed doesn't mean that it's new, ppl put that bulls**t on ebay all the time he probably had access to a shrink rap machine.

Did it look like it was new? did it have that piece of plastic that sticks to the screen that you have to peel off??? if you really can't be sure that it's new then I would return it to the bastard based on principle.
 11-07-2009, 02:15 AM         #10
more_fya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you know somebody that works at the place you are trying to activate it at, they might be able to activate your phone using a generic ESN/IMEI. The only disadvantage is that you couldn't get automatic updates through your phone. I used to work at Rogers and did that often for people who brought in used phones they bought off friends and s**t. Other than that maybe seach the net or maybe ebay for it.
 8 years ago '05        #11
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,156 | Props total: 18414 18414
Daamn cuz, they mite have pulled a fast one on you. Itz important that u alwayz checc the sellers reputation & what not. & alwayz read all the info especially the return policy
 8 years ago '05        #12
R4P 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
 DEEZKNOTS said:
Dum a.ss im tellin you that when ever you buy somethin off ebay you have to make sure that the sellers % is 100. Then you wont get sold a phone with a bad esn. Ive bought 6 phones off ebay, and i have a HTC Hero coming in the mail as we speak and i have never had this problem because I always check the seller rating and past transactions history. AND BUY THE WAY YOU DID GET SERVED!!! THERE IS NO WAY TO ACTIVATE A PHONE WITH A BAD ESN. I REPEAT THERE IS NO WAY TO ACTIVATE A PHONE WITH A BAD ESN NUMBER!!!! HA HA HOW DOES IT FEEL TO WASTE A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS LOSER.
Again, what you are failing to realize is that I never specified what his rating was. FYI his rating was 100% and the phone was still bad.

I didnt lose s**t (except time) cuz I got my money back wtf are you talking about?

This is what happens when you dont comprehend what you read kids...
 8 years ago '05        #13
R4P 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
 beantown85 said:
just because something's sealed doesn't mean that it's new, ppl put that bulls**t on ebay all the time he probably had access to a shrink rap machine.

Did it look like it was new? did it have that piece of plastic that sticks to the screen that you have to peel off??? if you really can't be sure that it's new then I would return it to the bastard based on principle.
yea it wasnt shrink wrapped the s**t was BRAND new, had the stickers in place on the box, on the phone as well. If it had been used this dude did a f**kING INCREDIBLE job at making it look like it came right from the manufacturer

dude claimed he bought a bunch from a verizon dealer and i guess is trying to flip them, wouldnt be surprised if it was stolen
 8 years ago '05        #14
R4P 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
 Jigga said:
Sorry to say that the previous post is correct that that ESN cannot be activated. I work for a cell phone company and this happens all the time. Whether its purchased with a stolen credit card from us and then resold on eBay or just outright stolen from the store...proper procedure is to freeze the ESN until the matter is cleared up. I always feel bad when I see this happen to people but thats the nature of eBay its a gamble. All I can suggest is try calling customer service (Im sure you have already) but keep trying because you may get a person that will unblock it for you although I highly doubt it. PayPal is very good with giving you the funds back as long as its not past the limit of days (I think 60 days). I would contact them immediately and file that complaint to get the ball rolling...or contact my bank to get it back from them. Sorry man.
yea I already contacted paypal, I'm not worried about the money cuz I'm getting it back I'm just blown I didnt get the phone and this dumbass wasted my time :angry12:
 8 years ago '04        #15
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
I got a Blackberry Curve from Verizon, I used it maybe 3 days before I quit so it's mint, got the box and everything intact. If you're interested pm me, otherwise I'm gonna put it on craigslist
 11-07-2009, 09:00 PM         #16
BreatheEasyy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just for general info,
i phone can be activated even if the the phone is brand new in box and sealed. they have all the information to activate it on a sticker outside the box.
its ridiculous to get sprint and verizon phones off ebay because chances are their esns wont be clear.
if this were an att or tmobile phone it would be no problem because its just a matter of slipping your sim in.
 8 years ago '06        #17
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 R4P said:
yea it wasnt shrink wrapped the s**t was BRAND new, had the stickers in place on the box, on the phone as well. If it had been used this dude did a f**kING INCREDIBLE job at making it look like it came right from the manufacturer

dude claimed he bought a bunch from a verizon dealer and i guess is trying to flip them, wouldnt be surprised if it was stolen
Yea they were probably stolen from somewhere who knows. I would be a little paranoid getting a phone with a serial number that might go through as stolen. Not that they'd blame you obviously, but maybe turn the phone off or something.
 11-09-2009, 08:31 PM         #18
DEEZKNOTS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 younggangsta_s said:
Yea, the cheapest place to get them is through your celluar company. The advantage of buying off is eBay is not having to extend your contract.
this is not true. i bought a Brand new hero for 300 free shipping . A brand new touch pro 2 for 280 free shipping . And a brand new pre for 230 with afree touchstone. All within the past 4 months
 11-09-2009, 08:35 PM         #19
DEEZKNOTS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 R4P said:
Again, what you are failing to realize is that I never specified what his rating was. FYI his rating was 100% and the phone was still bad.

I didnt lose s**t (except time) cuz I got my money back wtf are you talking about?

This is what happens when you dont comprehend what you read kids...
time is money c*ck sucker
 8 years ago '05        #20
R4P 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
 DEEZKNOTS said:
time is money c*ck sucker

*yawn* you're starting to bore me

you got it, now stay the f**k out my thread plz and thank u :greetings10:
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy