Steelers vs Broncos Game Thread (Monday Night AFC Battle)

most viewed right now
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
202 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who will win on monday night?
Broncos will win, they are at mile high and hungry 3 18.75%
Steelers will win, they on a roll and that D is crazy 13 81.25%
Tie Game 0 0%
Voters: 16. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #81
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 K1Entertainment said:
Man I am hyped up for this, we should win matter fact I would be shocked if we don't bounce back I think the Steelers are like 9-1 or some s**t in prime time games in the Mike Tomlin era but that 1 loss is in Denver on MNF :applause: so lets make him 9-2.

gonna be interesting to watch how we establish the run, maybe we will see the wild horses again?
LMAO @ establish the run. we haven't allowed 100 yard rusher in like 25 games
 8 years ago '04        #82
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 SHootar said:
LMAO @ establish the run. we haven't allowed 100 yard rusher in like 25 games
no s**t..... thats why I said it. I know its going to be tough to run.
 8 years ago '05        #83
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7083 7083
We got this...
 8 years ago '04        #84
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
We got this...

I remember this is what a lot of Bengal, Cowboy, Chargers, Raiders, Patriots fans said in the game threads we had I think I even caught a Brown's fan saying this lmao I don't know what he was thinking honestly no Ravens fans said it tho lol they were actually real humble leading up to the game.

always see people say this in our game threads and it usually doesn't pan out good for their teams.
 8 years ago '06        #85
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 K1Entertainment said:
no s**t..... thats why I said it. I know its going to be tough to run.
hence u won't be establishing s**t...thats why i said it.
 8 years ago '05        #86
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
steelers better win this s**t
preferably by 3.5
 8 years ago '06        #87
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,966 | Props total: 3474 3474
I need to see Troy Polamalu get aleast an INT and a few solo tackles to get my fantasy win.....so....

Go Steelers!

Last edited by 01seay; 11-09-2009 at 08:36 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #88
katalist 229 heat pts229 OP
space
space
$36,992 | Props total: 1314 1314
Cant wait!!!!!!!!
Tonight is the night!

Gonna be hard for my Broncos to win but they got a chance! GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!! :dancingcool:

Mile HIgh better be rockin tonight!

Hope Dawkins has a big game! GO GET EM DAWK AND CHAMP!

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by katalist; 11-09-2009 at 02:44 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #89
space
space
 RAZAH CUTS said:
I'm a lil' worried....but I expect a win....we have to rebound after that embarassing loss.....

hand the ball off to Buckhalter and Orten is gonna have to pass down the field....simple as that....

might venture into the city tommorrow to watch this....it's gonna be nuts....you know how all the punkass Steeler fans just be comin' out the woodwork....

I expect at least 4 shots of Henn, 3 street f!ghts, 2 drunken hoes, 1 win and a partridge in a pear tree....
 8 years ago '05        #90
space
space
Few hours till gametime!!!!

WHO ELSE WANT IN ON THE AVY BET??

Right now we just got 3 people for an avy bet!!!
- Shootar
- Katalist
- Steelerfan

Holler if you want in on the avy bet.

Last edited by katalist; 11-09-2009 at 05:35 PM..
 8 years ago '12        #91
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
Let's go BRONCOS!!!

Bengal fans NEED Denver to get the W tonight but I'm just not sure it's gonna happen!
 8 years ago '05        #92
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
once the steelers win 2nite and cover, i get 750
 8 years ago '05        #93
space
space
ESPN - Keys to the game for both teams

[pic - click to view]

Steelers keys to the game

Be physical: The Baltimore Ravens proved last week that Denver could be worn down by bigger, more physical teams. Pittsburgh’s personnel is very similar to Baltimore's, so the Broncos could struggle in many of the same areas. The Steelers need to set the tone early with their physicality. The Broncos are a "finesse" team, and as evident by their record, that works well for them. But oftentimes it takes a while for teams outside the AFC North to adjust to the smashmouth brand that is played within the division. Pittsburgh needs to take advantage of that, especially on the road.

Play smart defense: For a 6-1 team, Denver's offense can be relatively easy to stop. It takes a smart defense that won't be fooled by the various screens and quick-hitting misdirections. Stopping the run will be the first focal point. After that, Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton likely will struggle trying to beat teams singlehandedly through the air. Denver is very gun shy when it comes to attacking opponents vertically with Orton under center. Therefore, look for Pittsburgh to bring many defenders closer to the line of scrimmage to challenge Denver's hesitancy to go deep.

Big game from Troy: Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu recently returned to the team following a left knee injury he suffered in the season opener. Although he’s made some plays, Polamalu still hasn’t looked 100 percent. The dynamic safety had two additional weeks off to rest the knee. With veteran safety Ryan Clark not expected to play, that puts an even greater emphasis on Polamalu controlling the middle of the field for Pittsburgh.

Ball security: Lately the Steelers haven’t been taking care of the football, and it’s hard to tell if this is just a small issue or a growing trend this season. Pittsburgh fumbled the ball five times (losing four) in its past two games. It didn’t hurt the Steelers in home wins over the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings. But careless turnovers Monday could hurt the Steelers a lot more on the road against Denver. Pittsburgh second-year tailback Rashard Mendenhall has lost two fumbles in two games.

Use new wrinkles: In the past, the Steelers would bring out a trick play or two later in the regular season. That hasn’t been the case as much under current offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. But coming off a bye week, this would be a great time to catch a good opponent off guard on both sides of the football. Pittsburgh ran a tailback pass by Mewelde Moore earlier in the season that worked for a touchdown. The Steelers shouldn’t get too giddy with trick plays, but perhaps a couple of new wrinkles would help. Defensive coordinator d*ck LeBeau also is known to constantly draw up new packages. So, don’t be surprised if you see something new from the defense as well.

Broncos Keys to the game

Start fast: If Denver has had a problem this season, it is starting slowly. It has had to rely on great second-half play. The second-half luck ran out in Baltimore in Week 8, but the Broncos must take pressure off of themselves and jump to a lead. It will be interesting to see how this team would react to not have to scramble back into games. Plus, there’s bound to be a lot of Pittsburgh fans at the game (the streets of Denver were teeming with folks in Steelers’ gear Sunday), so the Broncos must take the Steelers fans out of the game early. In the 2005 AFC Championship Game, the Steelers took early control of the game and their fans took over the stadium in a 34-17 Pittsburgh win. Denver can’t allow that to happen again.

Control the no-huddle offense:
There has been talk that the Steelers will try to use more no-huddle to keep the Broncos off balance. The Ravens had great success using the no-huddle in Week 8. Denver has responded well to everything thrown at them this season, so if the Steelers come with the no-huddle, the Broncos have to be ready.

Take advantage of the Steelers' injury issues on defense: The Steelers may be without three key defensive starters because of health issues. Defensive end Travis Kirschke, inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons and safety Ryan Clark are all unlikely to play. The Broncos must take advantage and get their offense going against the limping Steelers. This is a great opportunity for the Broncos.

Run the ball:
The Broncos must keep Pittsburgh’s defense honest by running the ball. Correll Buckhalter and rookie Knowshon Moreno have been a good tandem for most of the season. But the pair struggled at Baltimore. These two must establish the run to create an offensive rhythm. That will allow Denver quarterback Kyle Orton to play his game and be more effective than he was against the Ravens.

Tighten the special-teams coverage unit: Denver allowed a punt return for a touchdown against San Diego and a kick return for a score last week against Baltimore. It can’t surrender a special-teams touchdown for the third straight game. This game probably will be closely contested. Denver can’t give an excellent team such as Pittsburgh a freebie as it did the past two games.

BRONCOS NEED QUICK STRIKES

"Monday Night Football" analyst Ron Jaworski says the Denver Broncos will have their hands full against the best defense in the league, that of the Pittsburgh Steelers:

In this week's matchup, we will see two outstanding defenses. To me, however, the Steelers clearly have the best one in the league. They have been together for a while, both players and coaches, and that familiarity produces great team defense. The Steelers have playmakers and role players, excellent schemes, and outstanding football talent.

The Steelers have top players at every level of the defense. Nose tackle Casey Hampton is the classic huge run-stuffer you need to run a good 3-4 defense. James Harrison is the most explosive linebacker I've ever seen. And safety Troy Polamalu, though injured, is simply a playmaker who uses his size and speed effectively.

To get anything done against the Steelers, Denver's offense will have to take some shots down the field. So far, Denver has not played that style. They have only 17 pass plays of 20 yards or more, and that ranks 19th in the league. They have the talent to play more explosively with wide receivers like Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal and Jabar Gaffney. Even TE Tony Scheffler can get down the field and make plays.

The Broncos simply have to try to manufacture a touchdown. They have to come out in a max-protect set, send two wide receivers down the field and see what happens. I don't see them going 80 yards in 12 plays too often against the Steelers. So far this year, the Steelers' defense has faced 73 drives by opponents, and only 11 have gone for more than 10 plays. The Steelers know how to get off the field, plain and simple. If the Broncos try to grind it out with the kind of short passes they've favored this season, it could be a long night.

Last edited by katalist; 11-09-2009 at 05:44 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #94
space
space
Poll up now for the game to.

Last chance for AVY BET!! Holler!
 8 years ago '05        #95
DaDon23 65 heat pts65
space
space
$18,394 | Props total: 8070 8070
:laughing19:
 11-09-2009, 06:11 PM         #96
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Steelers got that easilly, Broncos suck
 8 years ago '05        #97
space
space
 braided_uppimp said:

Mad at getting ethered by K1

Fake a.ss fan, at least other fans of team sstick with em when the get beat.

Last edited by katalist; 11-09-2009 at 06:18 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #98
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
so many doubters still.

braided_uppimp said:
Didn't I destroy you enough last night? gtfo out our thread you fake a.ss fan.
 8 years ago '04        #99
Lester86 
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 7 7
Come on Pittsburgh, hand Denver that L so we can get within one game of the AFCW division!
 8 years ago '05        #100
space
space
 Lester86 said:
Come on Pittsburgh, hand Denver that L so we can get within one game of the AFCW division!
Least this dude is a loyal fan, as much as i hate the chargers.
Braided can take lessons.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
29 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
280 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
67 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
135 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
43 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
114 comments
1 day ago