Steelers vs Broncos Game Thread (Monday Night AFC Battle)

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who will win on monday night?
Broncos will win, they are at mile high and hungry 3 18.75%
Steelers will win, they on a roll and that D is crazy 13 81.25%
Tie Game 0 0%
Voters: 16. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #21
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,983 | Props total: 5556 5556
 K1Entertainment said:
come on

you guys almost lost to the lions with Culpepper as the QB, almost lost to the titans and not to mention you lost to the bears!...............missed FG or not thats still

we looked bad in one game, against a very tough team on the road, its a loss quite honestly we needed so we could fix some of the mistakes we were making.

you guys don't win in Denver unless Jake Plummer is the QB
I like Denver but they aren't a top 5 team. All those teams that the other dude listed are better.

After that 5, there's another 5 or so teams that are basically a logjam, which Denver is a part of.
 8 years ago '06        #22
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 K1Entertainment said:
come on

you guys almost lost to the lions with Culpepper as the QB, almost lost to the titans and not to mention you lost to the bears!...............missed FG or not thats still

we looked bad in one game, against a very tough team on the road, its a loss quite honestly we needed so we could fix some of the mistakes we were making.

you guys don't win in Denver unless Jake Plummer is the QB
ah s**t we didn't almost we were up by a ton and just took our foot off the pedal. and soldier stadium ain't no picnic. i'm just sayin we'd NEVER get blown out like u guys did. u guys got flat out dominated in every aspect. our losses came on weird situations where we were missing our best player (pola), one of the games clutches kickers missed 2, we gave up 10+ point leads late....these things are freak. u guys just got blown out. expect to be exposed as a pretender come monday :greetings10:
 8 years ago '04        #23
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 SHootar said:
ah s**t we didn't almost we were up by a ton and just took our foot off the pedal. and soldier stadium ain't no picnic. i'm just sayin we'd NEVER get blown out like u guys did. u guys got flat out dominated in every aspect. our losses came on weird situations where we were missing our best player (pola), one of the games clutches kickers missed 2, we gave up 10+ point leads late....these things are freak. u guys just got blown out. expect to be exposed as a pretender come monday :greetings10:
if thats the way you are looking at the game than I am looking forward to the tears that will be flowing onto your keyboard after monday night's game.

don't overlook us and you better hope your team isn't overlooking us either thinking all they have to do is do what Baltimore did, well easier said than done don't think we won't be prepared especially after that loss.
 8 years ago '05        #24
katalist 229 heat pts229 OP
space
space
$37,004 | Props total: 1321 1321
 SHootar said:
just cuz ur record indicates ur top 5, doesn't mean ur top 5. indy, saints, steelers, vikings, and patriots are all better. i even think there are a few more but i'll leave it at that.

can u explain why we're favoured to win this game IN DENVER, when supposedly we're on the outside looking in??

just sayin records don't mean everything.

and katalist, how have we shown we're "very beatable" this year? we lost 2 games, both games were come from behind minor miracles where we basically handed over the W, both in 4th quarter after leading by 10+ points late. one game jeff reed missed 2 gimmes. we're very beatable now? how many times out of 100 u think steelers give up a 10 pt lead late? these things don't have a high probability of repeating themselves.

every team can get beat on any given sunday we all know this. not every superbowl winner comes off 0/1/2 loss seasons. regular season wins/losses don't mean everything.
Yall almost lost to a sorry a.ss Detriot team and also lost to an average bears to and a good bengals team. How can that not show you that your team is BEATABLE? The Steelers are not unbeatable, period.

They showed that the steelers are beatable. Its pretty obvious that when you get beat, the teams that beat you ahve shown that YOUR team can get beat. Its pretty easy to understand. The Steelers are a very good team, but they are not unbeatable, there record shows that, as does narrowly beating the scrub Browns and Lions.

You also had trouble with a HORRIBLE Browns team that we slaughtered.

Steelers have a great team but yall have had some rela bad games, while we have jsut had ONE bad game.

I dont have a problem with you thinking you will win this game, the Steerls very well could win this one. But acting like the Broncos are a bad team is ridicolous.

You acting like its nearly impossible for us to beat yall, is the exact same s**t that everyoen was sayign before we played the PATS, that it was impossible for us to beat them and guess what? We beat them.

You forget yall started out 0-2? Yes the Steelers are a great team and one of the best in the NFL, but they sure are beatable, yall have two losses and also had trouble with Browns and Lions. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NFL, as you said above.

Its good to have confidence in your team and expect to win, but acting like its dman near impossible for us to win is stupid as f**k. Aint you see what happened when we played the pats and Tom brady? No one was giving us a chance and we shut that offense OUT int eh 2nd half. People said Brady was just having a few bad weeks.... then the week after we beat them he goes for 50+ f**king points.

The Gaints got whooped by the Eagles last week just like we got whooped by Ravens, does that mean they suck now and cant beat a good team because of that one game? Hell no. Steelers fans of all people should know that even GREAT teams have some off games (like we had vs Ravens).

Last edited by katalist; 11-05-2009 at 01:08 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #25
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
 katalist said:
Yall almost lost to a sorry a.ss Detriot team and also lost to an average bears to and a good bengals team. How can that not show you that your team is BEATABLE? The Steelers are not unbeatable, period.

They showed that the steelers are beatable. Its pretty obvious that when you get beat, the teams that beat you ahve shown that YOUR team can get beat. Its pretty easy to understand. The Steelers are a very good team, but they are not unbeatable, there record shows that, as does narrowly beating the scrub Browns and Lions.

You also had trouble with a HORRIBLE Browns team that we slaughtered.

Steelers have a great team but yall have had some rela bad games, while we have jsut had ONE bad game.

I dont have a problem with you thinking you will win this game, the Steerls very well could win this one. But acting like the Broncos are a bad team is ridicolous.

You acting like its nearly impossible for us to beat yall, is the exact same s**t that everyoen was sayign before we played the PATS, that it was impossible for us to beat them and guess what? We beat them.

You forget yall started out 0-2? Yes the Steelers are a great team and one of the best in the NFL, but they sure are beatable, yall have two losses and also had trouble with Browns and Lions. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NFL, as you said above.

Its good to have confidence in your team and expect to win, but acting like its dman near impossible for us to win is stupid as f**k. Aint you see what happened when we played the pats and Tom brady? No one was giving us a chance and we shut that offense OUT int eh 2nd half. People said Brady was just having a few bad weeks.... then the week after we beat them he goes for 50+ f**king points.

The Gaints got whooped by the Eagles last week just like we got whooped by Ravens, does that mean they suck now and cant beat a good team because of that one game? Hell no. Steelers fans of all people should know that even GREAT teams have some off games (like we had vs Ravens).
1. i never said we were unbeatable. that would be retarded considering we've lost twice. i said saying we're "VERY BEATABLE", which is what u said, is silly. we're not VERY beatable, we lost 2 fluke games that came down to the wire.

2. we started 0-2 did we? hmmm

3. i NEVER said u were a bad team. wheres the quote? i clearly said u were a GOOD team, u can quote that. just not great. or top 5.

4. if u think we are what the pats were way back when, ur mistaken. the pats lost to the jets and almost the bills if u recall b4 they 'got right'.

5. its not impossible for u to beat us...i said if u don't win the turnover battle i think it's gonna be pretty damn hard. thats just my opinion. if the turnover battle is even, or in our favor, and u win, i will truly be SHOCKED.

6. hearing both urs and K1's confidence in your fake team brings a smile to my face. monday evening will def be rough for you.

ps. fake meaning not top 5 or a SB contender...still a good team..

Last edited by SHootar; 11-05-2009 at 01:19 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #26
space
space
I have tons of respect for the Steelers and they could very well end up winnign it all this year. But this is a game at mile high that the Broncos will be hungry for and I think they have a good chance at winning.

It will be a tough one to win, just like the Pats game was, but it could happen.

McD is good at making adjustments and should have the team ready for a battle on monday night at home. Its not that easy to win at Mile High.

I thought we earned some respect by beating the Pats, but I guess not. I knew when the Steelers started tough that they would be back, just as I know the Broncos will be back.

Last edited by katalist; 11-05-2009 at 01:23 AM..
 8 years ago '08        #27
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
I'm unbiased (Miami Fan)

But, I have to say that you guys defending Denver aren't offering very many legit reasons why they win this game.
 8 years ago '05        #28
space
space
 SHootar said:

6. hearing both urs and K1's confidence in your fake team brings a smile to my face. monday evening will def be rough for you.

ps. fake meaning not top 5 or a SB contender...still a good team..
I never once said we where SB contenders, but what ever Im not gonna argue.

Im not surprised that the Steelers have the odds for this game, they are the better team, but this Broncos team is not the Browns or Lions, we are very hungry and at home where teams have a hard time winning.
 8 years ago '05        #29
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
I'm unbiased (Miami Fan)

But, I have to say that you guys defending Denver aren't offering very many legit reasons why they win this game.
1. McD is very good at doing adjustments and getting the team ready for games.
2. Steelers have some injuries
3. MILE HIGH HOME FIELD, where its very tough to win
4. The Broncos will want to bounce back after a tough loss at Baltimore
5. The Steelers Special Teams is pretty weak, which Royal could exploit
6. No one thought we would beat the mighty Pats and we did
7. We have a better offensive line

Im not over confident that we will win, Im jsut saying we have a good chance. Its goign to be very hard to beat the mighty Steelers, but anything can happen in the NFL and we have a very good team this year. It could turn out like the Pats game where we keep it close and our D comes up big in the 2nd half and we win.

Am I 100% sure we will win? Hell no. If I was betting I might bet on teh Steelers, but this is one game I wouldnt bet on, because the Broncos are a team that is very tough to beat when there D is playing at the top of its game and at Mile High its always tough.

I would not be surprised if we lost, but at the same time, it would not shock me if we won,this is a winnable game for either team, with the Steelers having the edge. I knew this game would be hard to win, just as I thought the Ravens, Pats, Chargers, Giants and Colts games this year would be tough.

Ill be cheering for my team 100%, even if it will be tough to get a W against the Steelers, but we defiantly have a chance if our Defense and special teams play well.

The Steelers have one of the best defenses in the NFL and can cause havoc, thats one thing im worried abotu in this game is the Steelers D. The offense of the Steelers doesn bother me that much, but that D is crazy good. The last week vs Vikings they came up HUGE when they needed to.

Was just watching Inside The NFL and Phil, Chris, and Warren all picked Denver to beat PIT this weekend, so i guess me and K1 are not the only ones who think it could happen that we upset the Steelers at home. As they said on INSIDE THE NFL, its Very hard to beat Denver at home.

Either way, good luck to the steelers and there fans, should be an epic battle imo between two of the best in the AFC. IMO neither of these teams are pretenders.

Last edited by katalist; 11-05-2009 at 01:50 AM..
 8 years ago '08        #30
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
Fair enough. I actually thought they had a really good chance to beat the Pats.

NE has a s**t OL and if you can get to Brady, you can beat them.

NE's D is very subpar for the time being as well.

Pitt has that s**tty OL similar to NE, but they're D (injuries or not) is nasty.
 8 years ago '06        #31
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,098 | Props total: 18970 18970
Hard to beat us at home....that said the Steelers been ballin' man....
 8 years ago '05        #32
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
Fair enough. I actually thought they had a really good chance to beat the Pats.

NE has a s**t OL and if you can get to Brady, you can beat them.

NE's D is very subpar for the time being as well.

Pitt has that s**tty OL similar to NE, but they're D (injuries or not) is nasty.
Yup, thats the one part im worried about is the Steelers D, its down right nasty and can cause alot of turnovers. I really think our D will keep the Steelers offense in check, but its gonan be hard for the Broncos offense against maybe the best defense in the league that the steerlers have.

Last edited by katalist; 11-05-2009 at 01:54 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #33
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
we're one of 3 teams (saints and pats are the other 2) to avg over 275 yrds passing AND 100 yrds rushing a game. just saying. don't sleep on the offense. it's a very streaky offense tho. when it's rolling its unstoppable...when its not...well its not.
 8 years ago '08        #34
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 katalist said:
Yup, thats the one part im worried about is the Steelers D, its down right nasty and can cause alot of turnovers. I really think our D will keep the Steelers offense in check, but its gonan be hard for the Broncos offense against maybe the best defense in the league that the steerlers have.
Yep. Another thing that I've noticed too is that the passing play calls are really starting to hurt Denver.

Other teams know that they won't take a lot of huge shots down the field and that Orton won't force the ball to Marshall. They're way too worried about turnovers and not concerned enough with being aggressive and keeping the other team's D on their heels.

That makes it way too easy to contain.
 8 years ago '04        #35
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
 SHootar said:
we're one of 3 teams (saints and pats are the other 2) to avg over 275 yrds passing AND 100 yrds rushing a game. just saying. don't sleep on the offense. it's a very streaky offense tho. when it's rolling its unstoppable...when its not...well its not.
no ones sleeping on anything but you.
 8 years ago '04        #36
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
We are way too balanced to get beat by the Broncos.
 8 years ago '04        #37
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
The Ravens exposed Kyle Orton last week. Orton really doesn't look deep downfield
 8 years ago '04        #38
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
 shadymilkman said:
The Ravens exposed Kyle Orton last week. Orton really doesn't look deep downfield
thats not really true, last game we got out schemed and Orton was running for his life all game so he didn't have the time to look down field. The protections were beaten but I am sure McDaniels figures the Steelers will attack the same spot so he will have them prepared and they will block better and give him some time. If we don't fix it we get beat bottom line but I like our coaching staff and I think they will have a plan.
 8 years ago '04        #39
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,070 | Props total: 6137 6137
im not trying to get involved in all this but people saying the Pats are better when we beat them makes no sense...that is all
 8 years ago '04        #40
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,070 | Props total: 6137 6137
what the broncos need to do is run the ball more. While Moreno didnt have great stats he was effective and had a few nice runs but damn we only ran the ball 10 times last game. We need to go back to running the ball more like we did early in the season
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy