Steelers vs Broncos Game Thread (Monday Night AFC Battle)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who will win on monday night?
Broncos will win, they are at mile high and hungry 3 18.75%
Steelers will win, they on a roll and that D is crazy 13 81.25%
Tie Game 0 0%
Voters: 16. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
11568 pageviews
511 comments

katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,000 | Props total: 1319 1319
Steelers vs Broncos Game Thread (Monday Night AFC Battle)

Steelers Vs Broncos

[pic - click to view]

vs

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

"Clash of AFC Powerhouse's"

In Brief
» Last meeting: Jason Elam hit a 49-yard field goal as time expired to lead the Broncos past the Steelers, 31-28, in Week 7 of 2007.
» Streaks: The Broncos have won four of the past five and have a commanding 16-9-1 overall series edge, including the playoffs.

Keep your eye on ...
Ben Roethlisberger's strength: Pittsburgh's signal-caller is one of the league's toughest quarterbacks to bring down and his exceptional ability to keep plays alive often dooms defenses. Denver will have to maintain discipline in the secondary and its pass rushers must be under control when attacking Roethlisberger.

How the Broncos respond to their first loss: For the first time as a head coach, Josh McDaniels has to get his team ready to play following a defeat. The Ravens exposed the Broncos offensively with their intermediate passing game and defensively by getting pressure on Kyle Orton. The Steelers play a very similar style to the Ravens, so McDaniels has to make some adjustments.

Eddie Royal's return skills: If there is one glaring weakness for the Steelers it is their special teams. They have given up three touchdowns on special teams in the past four weeks. Royal has the ability to exploit Pittsburgh with his uncanny knack for coming up with big returns.

Did you know?
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is 4-0 on Monday Night Football. ... Roethlisberger has a touchdown in seven consecutive games. ... Orton has lost just two home games in his career. ... Denver's Elvis Dumervil leads the AFC with 10 sacks.
[code]
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009110900/2009/REG9/steelers@broncos[/code]

If anyone wants a Avy bet, lets get it!! :dancingcool:

PEOPLE IN FOR AVY BET =
- katalist
- SHootar
- Steelerfan1

Last edited by katalist; 11-05-2009 at 03:49 PM..

511 comments for "Steelers vs Broncos Game Thread (Monday Night AFC Battle)"

11-04-2009, 09:00 PM         #2
hamocide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
STEELERS baby...
 8 years ago '05        #3
katalist 229 heat pts229 OP
space
space
 hamocide said:
STEELERS baby...
Avy bet?
Im sure SHooters will be down for one. Who else?

GO BRONCOS!
 8 years ago '05        #4
STATlanta2006 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,751 | Props total: 56 56
MNF >>>>.....especially this year
 8 years ago '05        #5
space
space
 STATlanta2006 said:
MNF >>>>.....especially this year
Hell yeah, this should be another great Monday Night game
 8 years ago '06        #6
jj01 
space
space
$44,962 | Props total: 4683 4683
should be a dope game, hopefully the steelers got this.
 8 years ago '06        #7
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
i can't f**king wait for this game. both sunday night and monday night this week should be crazy dope.

u know i'm down for an avy bet. honestly i think we gonna come into your house and show what the difference is between a contender and a pretender. don't get me wrong...denver gonna win the division...and they are a good team...but their record is NOT reflective of how good they are. they are NOT a top 3 or 4 team in the nfl. they are NOT a GREAT team...just a good team. i think baltimore kind of showed that a little last week. wouldn't be surprised if we come in there and win by 7+. the spread is only at 3, and no doubt the game will be close...but i do think it'll be at least 7 points, we'll see.
 8 years ago '06        #8
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,373 | Props total: 5652 5652
I got the broncos.
 8 years ago '04        #9
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3459 3459
I hope Weapon X spears Hines Ward into a coma.
 8 years ago '06        #10
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
 akademiks said:
I hope Weapon X spears Hines Ward into a coma.

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #11
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,068 | Props total: 6114 6114
I hate to see the reason why Clark might not play but none the less if he doesnt play thats gonna be a bigger factor than most would think.
 8 years ago '06        #12
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
i'm glad clark's not playing. not even close to being worth it. but yes thats a HUGE factor. i don't think ppl outside of steelers fans or ppl that watch a lot of our games realize how big of an impact dude has. hes our hardest hitter (maybe the hardest hitter in the nfl) and probably more feared than polamalu for everyone but the qb.

Last edited by SHootar; 11-04-2009 at 11:13 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #13
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
Yeah thats crazy that Clark cant play because of the thin air, he ended up losing his spleen and 30 pounds last time he played there. f**k all that. Would suck if these 2 teams met in the POs later and the game was in Denver again
 8 years ago '05        #14
space
space
 SHootar said:
i can't f**king wait for this game. both sunday night and monday night this week should be crazy dope.

u know i'm down for an avy bet. honestly i think we gonna come into your house and show what the difference is between a contender and a pretender. don't get me wrong...denver gonna win the division...and they are a good team...but their record is NOT reflective of how good they are. they are NOT a top 3 or 4 team in the nfl. they are NOT a GREAT team...just a good team. i think baltimore kind of showed that a little last week. wouldn't be surprised if we come in there and win by 7+. the spread is only at 3, and no doubt the game will be close...but i do think it'll be at least 7 points, we'll see.
We lsot one game to a very good and hungry Ravens team. Yall have lost some games this year aswell, steelers are not undefeated... some teams have showed yall are very beatable this year.

Its goign to be a very intese game I think on monday.

Id say Broncos are a top 5 team. Not top 3, but top 5 most def.

We are 6-1 with wins against some good teams so far.
We might not be the best team or a top 3 team in the league, but we are definatly not pretenders. Both these teams are powerhouses imo and very capable of beating any team in the NFL on any given night.

We got whooped by the ravens yes, I was worried about that game because they where a very hungry 3-3 team. We have beat the Pats, Bengals, Cowboys and Chargers so far this year. We had one bad game just like yall had a few bad games so far this year aswell.

I see this as a very big battle this game. Gonna be hard for us to beat yall, but its very possible, just as we upset and cameback agaisnt the pats, we could do the same to yall.

I dont think this will be a easy game for either team. The Broncos will be very hungry after that L in Batlimore and lookign for a win. On the other side, The Steelers are a better version of the Ravens, so it definatly will be a tough game.
Good look on the Avy bet :dancingcool:

Last edited by katalist; 11-04-2009 at 11:52 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #15
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Come on Shootar calling us pretenders cause we lost to Baltimore? We are still a top 5 team I hope you really aren't overlooking us we just had a bad game overall it happens, especially coming off a bye I think that they will be a lot more prepared this week, and we have played very very good at home so yeah I wouldn't overlook us. Remember we beat you guys last year and the year before when we had a weaker team.

I can see Doom getting a sack or two in this game (he has at least one sack in every game we played yall when he was with us)

[pic - click to view]

I also think Royal will make a difference in the return game, hopefully bring back a TD if not good field position would be nice. Also we are underdogs again at our own house Dawkins is gonna be pissed.

its going to be a close game, but this is one I feel we won't lose. I actually thought we had a good chance of losing to Baltimore but this game I see us winning, especially now.

bangab**ch said:
I got the broncos.
smart man :applause:

Last edited by K1; 11-04-2009 at 11:57 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #16
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,972 | Props total: 5535 5535
I really don't see how Denver can win this one.

I have Marshall on my fantasy team and I'm not expecting much. Pitt will do the same s**t the Ravens did last week to shut down Denver's offense.

The only way Denver wins is with their D, and they aren't good enough to do that, imo.
 8 years ago '06        #17
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
just cuz ur record indicates ur top 5, doesn't mean ur top 5. indy, saints, steelers, vikings, and patriots are all better. i even think there are a few more but i'll leave it at that.

can u explain why we're favoured to win this game IN DENVER, when supposedly we're on the outside looking in??

just sayin records don't mean everything.

and katalist, how have we shown we're "very beatable" this year? we lost 2 games, both games were come from behind minor miracles where we basically handed over the W, both in 4th quarter after leading by 10+ points late. one game jeff reed missed 2 gimmes. we're very beatable now? how many times out of 100 u think steelers give up a 10 pt lead late? these things don't have a high probability of repeating themselves.

every team can get beat on any given sunday we all know this. not every superbowl winner comes off 0/1/2 loss seasons. regular season wins/losses don't mean everything.
 8 years ago '06        #18
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
I really don't see how Denver can win this one.

I have Marshall on my fantasy team and I'm not expecting much. Pitt will do the same s**t the Ravens did last week to shut down Denver's offense.

The only way Denver wins is with their D, and they aren't good enough to do that, imo.
agreed. although maybe special teams with royal they got a shot as well. but they're gonna need to force some turnovers. there's almost no way they can win this game without winning the turnover battle imo. they gonna need mendy or big ben to make some mistakes.
 8 years ago '08        #19
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,972 | Props total: 5535 5535
 SHootar said:
agreed. although maybe special teams with royal they got a shot as well. but they're gonna need to force some turnovers. there's almost no way they can win this game without winning the turnover battle imo. they gonna need mendy or big ben to make some mistakes.
True.

Pitt better hope Jeff Reed remembers that kickers can make tackles.

I can def see Ben making mistakes since his OL is sketchy and Denver has a nice secondary.

Like I said before though, I just can't see Denver getting their offense going against a tough D. Pitt will prob just slow the game way down and grind out a W.
 8 years ago '04        #20
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 SHootar said:
just cuz ur record indicates ur top 5, doesn't mean ur top 5. indy, saints, steelers, vikings, and patriots are all better. i even think there are a few more but i'll leave it at that.

can u explain why we're favoured to win this game IN DENVER, when supposedly we're on the outside looking in??

just sayin records don't mean everything.

and katalist, how have we shown we're "very beatable" this year? we lost 2 games, both games were come from behind minor miracles where we basically handed over the W, both in 4th quarter after leading by 10+ points late. one game jeff reed missed 2 gimmes. we're very beatable now? how many times out of 100 u think steelers give up a 10 pt lead late? these things don't have a high probability of repeating themselves.

every team can get beat on any given sunday we all know this. not every superbowl winner comes off 0/1/2 loss seasons. regular season wins/losses don't mean everything.
come on

you guys almost lost to the lions with Culpepper as the QB, almost lost to the titans and not to mention you lost to the bears!...............missed FG or not thats still

we looked bad in one game, against a very tough team on the road, its a loss quite honestly we needed so we could fix some of the mistakes we were making.

you guys don't win in Denver unless Jake Plummer is the QB
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago