The Official Assassin's Creed 2 thread

most viewed right now
 113
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 73
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 61
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 43
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #81
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Would like to know how the graphics compare on these two games... I do remember the graphics being good on the first one but now that I'm playing on HD, not sure if ps3 or xbox would have better graphics.
 8 years ago '06        #82
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1099 1099
 beantown85 said:
Would like to know how the graphics compare on these two games... I do remember the graphics being good on the first one but now that I'm playing on HD, not sure if ps3 or xbox would have better graphics.
ps3 probably has a bit better looking graphics, but the difference is minimal at best.
 8 years ago '06        #83
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
damn...people are pickpocketing me in this game and I have to hound them down to get my money back..stole $500..f**k that..im chase him down then k!lled him..
 8 years ago '05        #84
JaiMega 
space
avatar space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
I pick pocket a n*gga, then looked at him. he looked at me back then just ran like a b**ch.

I'd do that too cuz Ezio is armed to the teeth.
 8 years ago '05        #85
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 699 699
I guess I'm the only one that hates the controls...like when you try to jump up on a ledge, sometimes it works, most times you jump off the wall into the other direction...maybe I got too spoiled by Uncharted 2, but I regret loosing COD4 and COD5 + $19.99 to this frustration...
 11-18-2009, 09:48 AM         #86
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I played for about 30 minutes or so, first thing that caught my attention was the graphics, they took it to another direction.

I was expecting the same visuals as AC1, but once you see that Lab Desmond look almost
cartoon like and not like he looked in AC1, which had a more
photo realistic look to it, same goes for Lucy.

Maybe they had to do that in order to make this new levels, and add the new lighting/detail/water/effects, ect?. Anyways you can tell they visuals were reworked and the game seems more Dynamic because of it.


[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]



Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 11-18-2009 at 05:15 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #87
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 699 699
Yeah it almost seems like they went the Resistance 2 route...
 11-18-2009, 09:56 AM         #88
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GodzMustBeCrazy said:
I guess I'm the only one that hates the controls...like when you try to jump up on a ledge, sometimes it works, most times you jump off the wall into the other direction...maybe I got too spoiled by Uncharted 2, but I regret loosing COD4 and COD5 + $19.99 to this frustration...
You never played AC?, is the same platforming controls, you just need to realize that you don't need to press X but rather hold X. Also no this isn't like Uncharted where you can move around like a monkey, this is a more realistic type of situation.

Also unlike Uncharted this game isn't as scripted in that platforming regard, you were always safe in Uncharted no matter where you jumped, I never once fell down in that game since he had crazy glue hands.

COD4 + COD5 + 19.99?, where the hell did you buy it?, I payed 60 bones for it
but I seen some GS deal for 19.99, seen this kid go in there with Infamous/COD4 and all
he payed was 16.50 for the whole game

I was thinking about doing that but clearly GS ripped him off, since I noticed Infamous at 54.99 used on the shelves and COD4 39.99 used.


Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 11-18-2009 at 10:06 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #89
NoRtH$iDe_FeeLO 
space
avatar space
space
$988 | Props total: 0 0
Has anyone found any of the glyphs and done the puzzles that go along with them? that s**t is trippy. I wanna find them all so i can see what this 'truth' thing is.

the graphics are stunning as well. at first i was light ehhh they are about the same as AC1, but as i kept playing i started to notice the difference. and they did a good job redesigning all the old buildings and churches.

gameplay is on point as well. i'm still trying to get a hang of the controls cuz its been over a year since i played AC1. climbing and scaling buildings is still smooth as hell and the combat is nice. I like the addition of different a.ssassination techniques. It's hilarious how you can pick up dead bodies. that s**t is fun as hell when you k!ll someone on the rooftops then drop their a.ss off the building and watch the citizens freak out.
 11-18-2009, 10:21 AM         #90
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GodzMustBeCrazy said:
Yeah it almost seems like they went the Resistance 2 route...
Yeah that is a good way to put it, I guess they figured lets make it more animated and less static looking, yeah that sounds about right. That is another thing I noticed, it has a more animated way about it, characters have emotion in their faces, smirking and s**t, all of that stuff is probably possible because they took the game in a new direction, so you lose that photo realistic look but gain alot more in other areas.

Once Ezio's part took over though I liked the visuals there, understandable since that is where the new game look comes from, the new game look meshed with the old Lab from the old game was kind of a mind f**k for me, maybe that is why they wanted to get you the f**k out of there as fast as possible


Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 11-18-2009 at 10:27 AM..
 11-18-2009, 10:38 AM         #91
The_Future_09  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AC1 was a fun game, but all the repetition got very, very, very old
 8 years ago '05        #92
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 699 699
 DA DOPEMAN said:
You never played AC?, is the same platforming controls, you just need to realize that you don't need to press X but rather hold X. Also no this isn't like Uncharted where you can move around like a monkey, this is a more realistic type of situation.

Also unlike Uncharted this game isn't as scripted in that platforming regard, you were always safe in Uncharted no matter where you jumped, I never once fell down in that game since he had crazy glue hands.

COD4 + COD5 + 19.99?, where the hell did you buy it?, I payed 60 bones for it
but I seen some GS deal for 19.99, seen this kid go in there with Infamous/COD4 and all
he payed was 16.50 for the whole game

I was thinking about doing that but clearly GS ripped him off, since I noticed Infamous at 54.99 used on the shelves and COD4 39.99 used.
I played AC1, but I didn't get far...couldn't get into it...thought this one would interest me more...I don't expect the game to be totally unrealistic in terms of climbing, but it has to be fluid...especially when its a major part of the gameplay...if you are in a race to the top of a church, and instead of jumping up on a ledge when you need it to, he springs off the wall and back into the other direction, that in my opinion is a major gameplay flaw...it may be just me, but it happened over and over again...I'll give it another try and hold down X instead of tapping it..

I got it at Gamespot with the trade 2 get it for $19.99 deal...
 8 years ago '05        #93
Jutsu 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,109 | Props total: 0 0
man...whenever Desmond speaks, I instantly think it's Drake. It's hard to get into the game when I'm looking for Chloe, Elena, and Sully. Nolan North is getting paid this year.
 8 years ago '06        #94
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
My Impressions so far: No Spoilers don't worry


I'm currently 7hrs50 into the game. Just got outta the 1st city, and it really feels like the game has just really started right now. Granted i'm goin around collecting every treasure/glyph in the areas first then moving on. The sheer density of the game so far is what is making it great, there's so much s**t to do, and they've done it really well this time around. It's nothing like the 1st one really, there's no repetitive s**t and quite frankly i feel like i've just started to tap into the game. Redundancy does not exist.

Graphics so far is what i have expected, they look great and in regards to the comments befre of looking "cartoony" i don't really see it. I think they've put some type of filter on the visuals so that the cities look more vibrant so it effects things like cut scenes with the bloom effect.

The climbing mechanics could use a slight tweak after playing other sandbox games like InFamous which also rely heavily on mobility. They are still great tho, but in what it might need a small tweak in mobility it makes up in other areas that InFamous lacked in. Unlike AC1, it doesn't feel like a burden anymore to do the next mission, which is why i quit playing the first one. In fact i feel like i wanna savor the next mission in order to do other things like collect money, upgrade weapons, pickpocket & find feathers, somethings that never existed in the 1st installment. Also, the combat system is totally redone and done very well.

For those who might not be feeling the game because of the paced-out beggining you gotta understand this game isn't a 10-15hr game like we have come used to. It starts off like this in order to get players used to the game, which is very deep so it takes a little time. Like i said im about 8hrs in and have just left Florence for the first time while noticing there were some "glowing doors" that would not allow me in at the time which means there is more business to do at a later point. I believe there is 5 cities so u can now gauge the length of the game. That said, i'm surprised how deep the game seems now, considering the other cities i have yet to get to. The density of this game is something very welcomed compared to how short other SP games are these days.

So for those who b**ch about the addition of Co-Op online in SP's, stfu and cop this game. This one's for you :greetings10:


Last edited by Soraci7; 11-18-2009 at 04:35 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #95
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 NoRtH$iDe_FeeLO said:
Has anyone found any of the glyphs and done the puzzles that go along with them? that s**t is trippy. I wanna find them all so i can see what this 'truth' thing is.

the graphics are stunning as well. at first i was light ehhh they are about the same as AC1, but as i kept playing i started to notice the difference. and they did a good job redesigning all the old buildings and churches.

gameplay is on point as well. i'm still trying to get a hang of the controls cuz its been over a year since i played AC1. climbing and scaling buildings is still smooth as hell and the combat is nice. I like the addition of different a.ssassination techniques. It's hilarious how you can pick up dead bodies. that s**t is fun as hell when you k!ll someone on the rooftops then drop their a.ss off the building and watch the citizens freak out.

Yea, i've done about 3 glyphs so far. The first 1 really had me guessing for a while, but i guess you gotta find out what the theme is first in order to understand the other glyphs that follow...
 8 years ago '06        #96
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 DA DOPEMAN said:
I played for about 30 minutes or so, first thing that caught my attention was the graphics, they took it to another direction.

I was expecting the same visuals as AC1, but once you see that Lab Desmond look almost
cartoon like and not like he looked in AC1, which had a more
photo realistic look to it, same goes for Lucy.

Maybe they had to do that in order to make this new levels, and add the new lighting/detail/water/effects, ect?. Anyways you can tell they visuals were reworked and the game seems more Dynamic because of it.


[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]

I dunno about photo realistic, one looks like last gen the other looks fantastic
 11-18-2009, 05:05 PM         #97
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^You're blind?, the visual style was more real in AC1, look at the chick's face( or t*ts) in AC1 and her face in AC2, total make over WHY?....clearly to give you that vibrant world you talking about.

AC1 was more realistic in terms of graphical style, AC2 is more video game looking( if cartoony is hard to see ), AC 1 tried to give you a realistic visual representation of these characters.

Meaning they seem like real people, look at Desmond/Lucy in AC1 that's a straight up photo realistic look in terms of Visual Style.

Here not so much, looks nice and vibrant thought don't get me wrong, I am just pointing out the obvious


[pic - click to view]



Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 11-18-2009 at 05:19 PM..
 11-18-2009, 05:07 PM         #98
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Perfect example of what I am saying about different visual style,
btw you will see the difference better when you get this gear for AC2's a.ssassin
(peep the back of the manual for that info)


[pic - click to view]



Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 11-18-2009 at 05:20 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #99
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 DA DOPEMAN said:
^You're blind?, the visual style was more real in AC1, look at the chick's face( or t*ts) in AC1 and her face in AC2, total make over WHY?....clearlu to give you that vibrant world you talking about .

AC1 was more realistic in terms of graphical style, AC2 is more video game looking( of cartoony is hard to see ), AC 1 tried to give you a realistic visual representation of these characters.

Meaning they seem like real people, look at Desmond/AC in AC1 that's a straight up photo realistic look in terms of Visual Style.
IMO one looks like a newspaper the other looks like a living breathing city. Everything is Grey in all your AC1 pics. Look at the last one of Altair with the castle in the back. The windows are grey, the cross is grey, the decrepid twig trees in front of the castle grey, his "white hoodie" and s**t....grey. Look at the chick and the room she is in....GREY.

I dunno, im sure they picked this different color scheme considering the cities in Italy look much different. There's no way in hell the first game looks better than 2. AC1 was too redundant, even to the extent of their color scheme.


Last edited by Soraci7; 11-18-2009 at 05:20 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #100
Mr Hyde 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 0 0
how is the game? undecided whether to cop or not.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
228 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 13
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Dead by Daylight - Freddy Krueger Gameplay
13 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 6
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
23 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 5
NBA Brooklyn Nets Jahlil Okafor Said Hes Ready to Dominate the NBA
72 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy