most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 11-02-2009, 11:34 PM         #21
904thebangem 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplo said:
^^^ I had a lot of chatter. I heard you should use your stock pressure plate. The Ebay pressure plates suck. The discs are good. I installed an Exedy stage 1 replacement and ran into the same issue my stage 2 XTD had.

I think it may have to do with the oversized NGK throwout bearing not fully disengaging the pressure plate from the disc.
yea they do...

go all motor!!
 11-03-2009, 12:00 AM         #22
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Small Honda motors need forced induction to make any considerable power, unless of course it's 1700lbs and bored over. lol

No replacement for displacement..
 8 years ago '04        #23
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
this thread/idea is a disaster

u want 350hp from an integra but "not to race or anything"

u think something from ebay is good

ur motor is old and not ready for any boost

u want huge power from a front wheel drive car

u want to do something the wrong/cheap way

sell ur integra and get something with a motor that actually produces torq, preferably RWD.

turbo's are overrated, especially ones with a mountain for a dyno chart
 8 years ago '06        #24
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
$20,424 | Props total: 2493 2493
 young jeezy478 said:
i mean a dude next door to me has a twin turbo supra he races, he has a turbo for sale for my car but he want 2000 for it, and thats just the turbo and piping, and what is clutch chatter? i hate to sound like a freakin noob but dam i been wantin to boost a car for a while now, an now i bought a teggy just seems that dream is gettin further away the more i learn about it
What kind of turbo he's selling? I think the most expensive part on a turbo kit is the actual turbo and the exhaust manifold. I forgot to add as well that your gonna have to upgrade your fuel system, someone mentioned it. Get a Walbro 255.

franchise said:

sell ur integra and get something with a motor that actually produces torq, preferably RWD.

You ruthless bruh.. give the guy a break..
 8 years ago '09        #25
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1356 1356
Yea I agree with previous members on this one you are definitely over your head on this one. I would save that money and use it elsewhere bc $1300 isn't going to get nearly all of the things you need to make this setup reliable.

Im surprised no one has mentioned but you will also want a Vtec head on the motor so it can breathe better and also you may want to consider sleeving the block. You will also require new clutch, fuel pump, injectors, brakes and suspension. Lastly BUY GOOD PARTS, i wouldn't recommend buying to many parts from ebay due to them being cheap imitations of QUALITY parts. The only thing i have ever put on my car from ebay was a generic camber kit(but i know its the same thing as the INgalls kit so no problem there)

Personally with your lack of knowledge and resources in your area I dont think you should turbo your car. I would get some basic bolt-ons, work on your suspension and maybe drop some weight and call it a day
 8 years ago '06        #26
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
Awww.. LS/VTEC if he went that route then he'll definitely get some power! He'll have top end and bottom end plus boost but he'll have to find a good head. I heard B16 and GSR flow the same way, is that true? He could also just port and polish his LS head but it wont flow as good as a VTEC head. I did mention that he needed to sleeve his block but Im not to sure he fully understand how everything would work. But yeah good post NcAlien.
 8 years ago '09        #27
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
space
Now that im thinking about it with this budget your best bet could be to find a decent shop and maybe do an f23 or h22 swap and keep it N/A and make some reliable power.

Right now the only advantage of that b18 is that it red lines ~7250Rpm and that it has huge aftermarket support. It still only makes 145hp and is a low displacement motor, its best use is boost which I dont recommend.

On the other hand.. the f23 out of an 6th gen accord/f22 out of an prelude which you could find relatively cheap $600-$800. Granted the non-vtech only makes 150ish Hp you still have a better TQ curve and it will respond to mods alot better

Or possibly if could find a H22 that makes 180ish out the gate and that will be pretty quick in that civic. It will be a little more on the expensive side but still a viable option

And finally you could do a Frankenstein motor and take and F23 top end and a bottom end of the h22 and make alot of power but it all depends how deep your pockets are.

I know im going to get flamed bc i didnt say anything about D-series but oh well
 8 years ago '06        #28
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
D series aren't that bad when build right, seen some walk B series.
 11-03-2009, 10:11 AM         #29
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
To the previous poster (alien) ^^^ VTEC is a waste of time. I almost swapped a H23a non-VTEC into my Civic instead of my B18B. I'd take an H23 over any B series motor anyday. I owned a D16Z6, rebuilt bottom end, street tune, 4-2-1 header, etc..VTEC was created to efficiently make power under the Japanese emissions restrictions on displacement. I'm a major fan of non-VTEC > VTEC.

I hate B16s. B18C GSR is overated. B18c Type-R is highly overated. K swaps are the new Bs. The only K swap I'd take is the K24 for once again, displacement.

Slap an H23 with supertech springs and retainers, Crower cams, and a tune in a 1700-2100 Civic and run 12s no problem. Type-R swaps for X amount of dollars more than the build I mentioned are running high 13s/low 14s.

Knew a dude with a B18B, crower cams, springs and retainers, tune ..stomping on B16s/B18cs all day. Doing autocross too.

Most LSVTEC/B20VTEC builds are improperly built. It's just not worth it imo. LS block is one of the best out of B series, but I still don't think it's worth it unless you fully build the bottom end.
 8 years ago '05        #30
young jeezy478 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 132 132
 franchise said:

i already got a RWD car, 96 Impala SS, i just want to boost the integra so i can have some fun wit it.
 8 years ago '09        #31
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
space
 diplo said:
To the previous poster (alien) ^^^ VTEC is a waste of time. I almost swapped a H23a non-VTEC into my Civic instead of my B18B. I'd take an H23 over any B series motor anyday. I owned a D16Z6, rebuilt bottom end, street tune, 4-2-1 header, etc..VTEC was created to efficiently make power under the Japanese emissions restrictions on displacement. I'm a major fan of non-VTEC > VTEC.

I hate B16s. B18C GSR is overated. B18c Type-R is highly overated. K swaps are the new Bs. The only K swap I'd take is the K24 for once again, displacement.

Slap an H23 with supertech springs and retainers, Crower cams, and a tune in a 1700-2100 Civic and run 12s no problem. Type-R swaps for X amount of dollars more than the build I mentioned are running high 13s/low 14s.

Knew a dude with a B18B, crower cams, springs and retainers, tune ..stomping on B16s/B18cs all day. Doing autocross too.

Most LSVTEC/B20VTEC builds are improperly built. It's just not worth it imo. LS block is one of the best out of B series, but I still don't think it's worth it unless you fully build the bottom end.
I couldnt disagree more about the Vtech statement thats what Honda Tuning is built around. I know what Vtech was initially made for but the Variable timing allows you to make a decent amount of power and still make the car reliable. I would take vtec over non vtech in most applications because it opens so many tuning options ie. Hondata, Chrome etc... You cant tell me that an NA will take a B or D series that has 2 step vtech. I do understand what you are saying it is overrated but if used properly it is made perfect for a race type application. Tons of high-end Hp and a little bit of TQ

And you reiterated what i said about an H22...But you do have to remeber that B aftermarket support >>> H series aftermarket

And BTW K's wont be the new B's for a while you could build 2 Boosted B series for the price of one N/A K series. You also have to remember that the B is a more proven formula and try boosting a K series and see how long that last in comparison to a B series
 11-03-2009, 01:11 PM         #32
AKS MUZIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't say this in a mean way, or as a knock on your knowledge, but it's not as simple as slapping on bigger injectors and a bigger turbo. Please search the honda forums for the best way to make power safely.

Turbo upgrades aren't simple. You really need more than a basic understanding of cars before you even attempt something like this. Just stick to premapped software upgrades.
 8 years ago '09        #33
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
space
 BennyBlanco said:
I don't say this in a mean way, or as a knock on your knowledge, but it's not as simple as slapping on bigger injectors and a bigger turbo. Please search the honda forums for the best way to make power safely.

Turbo upgrades aren't simple. You really need more than a basic understanding of cars before you even attempt something like this. Just stick to premapped software upgrades.

Exactly, my thoughts well since he has a civic he just needs to take an L and realize that his whip is going to be slow. Unless he does a ton of research
 8 years ago '06        #34
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
^He doesn't have a Civic he has an Integra.

Man.. B series has came a long way! The K series IMO are best NA than boosted.

High compression = Rev happy
Low compression = Boost happy

I don't know how many times I've told people about this and they still wanna go turbo/supercharger with a high compression motor. Thats just bond to blow up.

Believe it or not a non-VTEC LS can hang with a GSR. LS motors are tough as hell! I've never owned a VTEC motor myself but I've put a lot to shame with my LS.

I think the threadstarter should get in a turbo car first and see how it feels. He needs to get an understanding of the parts and how it works. Once you go turbo your maintence on the car goes above normal, especially aftermarket kits which are bond to fail.

If he plans to go over 300hp then he's gonna have to build his motor to withstand that power. Once again.. TUNE TUNE TUNE!!!
 8 years ago '06        #35
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,678 | Props total: 1465 1465
 8 years ago '06        #36
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Panasonic said:
Yeah.. this site has some useful articles.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
111 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy