New York Giants vs Philadelphia Eagles - Game Thread/Avy Bets

most viewed right now
Video inside Savage: Chick Tells Her Husband She's Cheating On Him & He Thinks She's..
15 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside amber gets gets answer she aint ready for
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 19 - Here's #1 Factor Experts Say Accounts for High Number of Mass..
60 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 6ix9ine smashing and impregnating every girl in America
75 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #761
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117 OP
space
space
$18,746 | Props total: 3912 3912
 FACEMOB1 said:
Damn i guess eli really aint s**t without plax
Our play calling was so predictable, run on first, run on second, pass on third, rinse and repeat. Then towards the end when I saw us go to shotgun with a back I knew it was going to be a counter draw. I mean come on, when we did have some success it was off play action which we rarely did.
 11-01-2009, 04:12 PM         #762
FACEMOB1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stupendamatic said:
Our play calling was so predictable, run on first, run on second, pass on third, rinse and repeat. Then towards the end when I saw us go to shotgun with a back I knew it was going to be a counter draw. I mean come on, when we did have some success it was off play action which we rarely did.
Eli audibles a lot though
 9 years ago '04        #763
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
space
$7,894 | Props total: 3413 3413
 FACEMOB1 said:
Talk about setting a tone. Talk about making a statement. The Eagles unfurled their perfect storm of a first half on Sunday, sending shivers down the spines of the NFC East and making sure to pay attention to the details in a powerful, impressive 40-17 drubbing of the Giants at Lincoln Financial Field. The Eagles are now 5-2 and they share first place in the division with Dallas, who visits Philadelphia next week.

Blowing out the Giants was something to savor. Donovan McNabb was brilliant in the first half, completing 11 of 15 passes for 201 yards and 3 touchdowns. The offensive approach, minus the inactive Brian Westbrook, seemed pretty standard. McNabb and Co. executed the game plan to near perfection, and the offense did it right from the start.

After a terrific Ellis Hobbs 35-yard kickoff return gave the Eagles possession at the 40-yard line, the offense went to work. A screen pass from shotgun formation went to LeSean McCoy for 16 yards. Then McCoy ran right for 3 yards to the New York 41-yard line. On second and 7, McNabb handed off to fullback Leonard Weaver, who ran to the left side, found a hole and burst into the open, outrunning the Giants secondary for a 41-yard touchdown. It was an exhilarating way to begin the game, and it set the tempo for the Eagles at the line of scrimmage.

With Lincoln Financial Field hopping, cornerback Asante Samuel stepped in front of an Eli Manning pass intended for Travis Beckum, made the interception and returned the football 37 yards up the left sideline to the Giants 10-yard line. A scoring pass to Brent Celek was called back because of a penalty, but two plays later the pair hooked up again as McNabb threaded the needle and found Celek in the end zone for a 13-0 advantage.
Which Eagle earned the Turkey Hill Game Ball vs. Giants?
WR DeSean Jackson
FS Sean Jones
RB LeSean McCoy
QB Donovan McNabb
FB Leonard Weaver
VoteView Results
Quantcast

Wow! The Eagles have had starts like this before, and they have, at times, taken their foot off the pedal. Not this time. The 13-0 lead became 16-0 and then, after the Giants drove 89 yards to make it a game late in the first half, the explosiveness of the Eagles offense, and the takeaway ability of the defense, combined to make the game a rout.

A 39-yard Hobbs kickoff return gave the offense the ball at the 46-yard line, and then McNabb found DeSean Jackson all alone on a crossing route, and he made the catch and scooted up the left sideline for another huuuuuggee touchdown play for Jackson, and the Eagles led 23-7.

With 1 minute, 26 seconds to go in the first half, Quintin Demps intercepted Manning and the Eagles again had the ball and a chance to score. From New York's 43-yard line, McNabb completed a 20-yard pass to Celek, and then he threw to the left side for Maclin, who went high to make the catch in the end zone against cornerback Corey Webster for the touchdown.

Just like that, it was 30-7 at the half. All Eagles. For 30 minutes, they played near-perfect football. It was beautiful, and it was needed on a day when the Eagles played without Westbrook (concussion symptoms) and free safety Macho Harris (ankle). McCoy did a good job filling in for Westbrook, particularly in pass protection, and added an exclamation point in the fourth quarter with a 66-yard touchdown run. And Sean Jones again had a positive impact on the defense, mostly supporting the run and limiting the Giants and their physical running game.

Things got a little bit sloppy in the third quarter, but McCoy's touchdown run on the second play of the fourth quarter sealed the deal. The run capped a 4-play, 90-yard drive, and it came on a third-and-1 call that sent the crowd into spasms. McCoy was the single back and the Eagles had a trips formation to the right. The left side of the line opened a gaping hole and McCoy exploded into the second level of the defense, then used a Maclin block down the field for more room before cutting left and squeezing into the end zone for the score as the Eagles upped their lead to 40-17.

Now the Eagles have a first-place division showdown with the red-hot Cowboys, who battered the Seahawks on Sunday. It will be an epic Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field.

For now, though, the Eagles deserve the praise for coming up big against the reeling Giants, who have lost three straight games. Weaver and McCoy led a power running game and the Eagles had tremendous balance in their play calling. McNabb was sharp, giving his receivers chances to make plays, which they did. The Eagles attacked the middle of the field and had success.

The pass protection was pretty good, although the Giants beat left tackle Jason Peters a couple of times to reach McNabb. Right tackle Winston Justice shut down Justin Tuck and the backs and tight ends blocked well helping out the line keep the ferocious Giants pass rush on its heels.

The biggest change in the Eagles offense, which had been so up and down through six games? Probably the running game, which was great. The Eagles dedicated the offense to balance and they stuck to it. Weaver, who had 7 carries through six games, gained 75 yards on 8 carries against New York. McCoy took what the defense gave him through three quarters -- not much, just 18 yards on 8 carries -- until he broke off the longest run by an Eagles rookie since Herman Hunter had a 74-yard touchdown run against Dallas on November 24, 1985.

It was that kind of day. Total fun. The Eagles showed what they are capable of doing, how they are capable of playing. Now they have to keep it going, get on a roll and take control of the NFC East. Good balance, a hungry defense and big plays on special teams led the way. It was a victory to behold, and one to savor for a day.

Next up is Dallas, a team playing as well as anyone out there right now. The Eagles must be just as good next week as they were on Sunday, when they rolled New York for their third straight win over the Giants.

we're actually first place in the division.

we're 2-0 in the NFC east.
cowboys are 0-1.

yes, we have the same record, but our division record is better.
therefore, we are first place.
 9 years ago '05        #764
space
space
 FACEMOB1 said:
Eli audibles a lot though
None of us know what he changed, he could have just been changing blocking a.ssignments, snap counts, direction or faking the changes to try and get the D to adjust. This is not something new, this is how Gillbride has been calling the plays all year.
 9 years ago '04        #765
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$19,178 | Props total: 3842 3842
 Grisly said:
we're actually first place in the division.

we're 2-0 in the NFC east.
cowboys are 0-1.

yes, we have the same record, but our division record is better.
therefore, we are first place.
so??? who cares about that when its not the end of the season?? ur tied for 1st now, sure what ur sayin matters at the end of the season but not in week 9
 11-01-2009, 04:30 PM         #766
NYGallday 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FACEMOB1 said:
Damn i guess eli really aint s**t without plax
chill..receivers doing good....is just the playcalling is a.ss right now...
 11-01-2009, 04:36 PM         #767
NYGallday 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wheres the avy at Face?
 9 years ago '05        #768
space
space

<----------
 9 years ago '04        #769
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
space
 chctynig2804 said:
so??? who cares about that when its not the end of the season?? ur tied for 1st now, sure what ur sayin matters at the end of the season but not in week 9
lmao.

leave it up to the cowboys fan to come out of nowhere and say some stupid s**t like that.

ya'll bouta get it next.

f**k outta here beatin on the seahawks

Romo gonna fumble like 3 times and throw Eli numbers.
 9 years ago '04        #770
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
space
yo face, props for this whole thread lmao

these giants fans madddddddddddddddddddd

s**t got me lmao haha
 9 years ago '04        #771
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
 Grisly said:
lmao.

leave it up to the cowboys fan to come out of nowhere and say some stupid s**t like that.

ya'll bouta get it next.

f**k outta here beatin on the seahawks

Romo gonna fumble like 3 times and throw Eli numbers.
how is it stupid tho?? since when do ties in the standings matter in week 9???
 9 years ago '05        #772
space
space
 J.R. Hyphy said:
well what the f**k am I supposed to do, make the schedule. We beat teams that were put in front of us, stop trying to discredit a legit team. Our offense has always out-shined our defense. We don't need a great defense, you got your a.ss whopped by three teams who you thought you would beat,admit it, and move on.
Admit what? The Saints are a legit team, yeah they are but Saints fans need to stop acting like they are the 07 Patriots. They haven't beating a legit team yet, that's a fact, yet fans want to act like they already won the super bowl.
 9 years ago '04        #773
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
 Stupendamatic said:
Admit what? The Saints are a legit team, yeah they are but Saints fans need to stop acting like they are the 07 Patriots. They haven't beating a legit team yet, that's a fact, yet fans want to act like they already won the super bowl.
so are you sayin that the Giants arent a legit team now???
 9 years ago '05        #774
space
space
 chctynig2804 said:
so are you sayin that the Giants arent a legit team now???
No we're not, until we start playing better and show we can win games against good competition we are not a legit contender.

Last edited by Stupendamatic; 11-01-2009 at 05:38 PM..
 11-01-2009, 05:40 PM         #775
NYGallday 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Giants are still legit season aint over saints exploited us..we had a tough loss last week eagles repeated basically almost what No did.....im telling you..when ross,canty and boley comeback...defense will be amazing once again..only thing we need to do is bench cc brown this guy is f**kin awful..move terrell thomas to safety..cause seriously anything is better than cc brown right now in coverage......

oh and kevin f**kin gilbride should be benched...idk i must have been high or some s**t defendin this guy

like foamz said we need to go back to what we do..and thats pound that rock....and just dominate the time of possesion....keep they defense tired..thats what we did all of last year...and just manage the game with short completions to our receivers and Boss...no more f**kin 40 yard bombs......

after the bye i hope to see this

DT-canty,robbins(and put benard in too keep the guys fresh)
DE-tuck,osi
LB-boley pierce,kehl or wilkinson
DB-WEBSTER ROSS
SS-T deuce or johnson
Fs-Mike johnson or T deuce

Get back to jacobs straight chargin the line...and play f**kin action....no more wr screens s**ts is too obvious now..how bout some screens to our Hb's or te's

smfh...gilbride

other than that next week is super huge...we will win cause chargers got no pass rush.....and are not great against the run

Last edited by NYGallday; 11-01-2009 at 05:43 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #776
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
 Stupendamatic said:
No we're not, until we start playing better and show we can win games against good competition we are not a legit contender.
honestly they need to figure out whatever the hell is wrong wit their damn defense, they've been gettin torched on D now and apparently its a lot on the LBs and of course CC Brown
 9 years ago '04        #777
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
space
 chctynig2804 said:
how is it stupid tho?? since when do ties in the standings matter in week 9???
since when do ya'll make the playoffs?

since when does Romo NOT SUCK in november and ESPECIALLY december?

stop talkin out your f**kin a.ss.

yall n*ggas suck.
 11-01-2009, 08:21 PM         #778
FACEMOB1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Grisly said:
yo face, props for this whole thread lmao

these giants fans madddddddddddddddddddd

s**t got me lmao haha
I see you my dude. Today was a good day
 9 years ago '07        #779
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,921 | Props total: 534 534
 NYGallday said:
Giants are still legit season aint over saints exploited us..we had a tough loss last week eagles repeated basically almost what No did.....im telling you..when ross,canty and boley comeback...defense will be amazing once again..only thing we need to do is bench cc brown this guy is f**kin awful..move terrell thomas to safety..cause seriously anything is better than cc brown right now in coverage......

oh and kevin f**kin gilbride should be benched...idk i must have been high or some s**t defendin this guy

like foamz said we need to go back to what we do..and thats pound that rock....and just dominate the time of possesion....keep they defense tired..thats what we did all of last year...and just manage the game with short completions to our receivers and Boss...no more f**kin 40 yard bombs......

after the bye i hope to see this

DT-canty,robbins(and put benard in too keep the guys fresh)
DE-tuck,osi
LB-boley pierce,kehl or wilkinson
DB-WEBSTER ROSS
SS-T deuce or johnson
Fs-Mike johnson or T deuce

Get back to jacobs straight chargin the line...and play f**kin action....no more wr screens s**ts is too obvious now..how bout some screens to our Hb's or te's

smfh...gilbride

other than that next week is super huge...we will win cause chargers got no pass rush.....and are not great against the run
i agree with everything u said except the part i bolded.i would feel more comfortable next week against the chargers if boley and canty is back on the field.gates will have a field day with these slow a.ss linebackers and give rivers time and he will pick this defense apart.its clear now that the giants cant beat a good offensive team with the defense they putting on the field right now coughlin is too hardheaded to give the younger linebackers any chance! i just had to laugh when i seen slow a.ss clark and blackburn try to blitz,s**t was just sad.hopefully boley and canty back next week and ross back after the bye will have the defense back on track.

the offense........*sigh* as long as kevin k!lldrive is calling plays i have no hope for the offense.i been calling for that man being fired for a couple of years now and damn near every giant fan on here would try and get on me about how much points a game the giants put up:metallicblue:.but the problem is he dont know how to make mid game adjustments if things are not working and that is the problem! wheres the creativity in the play calling?! why not go no huddle to switch up the pace of the game?! i seen that wr screen done 3 times in the game(twice on one series) and the s**t was not working.boss had a TD and a couple of plays but he was not involved in the offense like he should of been.and get ware some carries since bradshaw not gonna be 100% for the rest of the year.
 11-01-2009, 08:53 PM         #780
FACEMOB1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eagles take down Giants in a laugher

November 1, 2009 7:50 PM

AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster
Eagles fullback Leonard Weaver made his presence felt against the Giants on Sunday.
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

PHILADELPHIA -- All the talk in the offseason was about how Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb would finally have enough weapons around him to do some serious damage. But I don't recall Leonard Weaver's name coming up a lot in those conversations.

On Sunday, the former Seahawks fullback made like a seasoned tailback, racing through the Giants' once-vaunted defense. The Eagles waited exactly three plays before unleashing Weaver -- and he responded with a 41-yard touchdown run. Weaver, a non-factor in the running game for much of this season, finished with eight carries for 75 yards, helping to lead the Eagles to a 40-17 win over the Giants.

The dominating win put the Eagles in a first-place tie with the Cowboys in the NFC East -- and those two teams will meet next Sunday night at the Linc. For now, we have to consider the Giants an afterthought in the division race. Quarterback Eli Manning played his worst game of the season -- and that's saying something based on his performances against the Saints and Cardinals. It's not as if the Giants were going to keep up with the big-play Eagles anyway, but Manning's two first-half interceptions were inexcusable. He set up the Eagles for two touchdowns -- not that their offense needed much a.ssistance.

Weaver, who signed with the Eagles during free-agency last March, was caught off-guard by his heavy involvement in the running game. He said there were no signs during practice last week that he would be an important part of the game plan.

"It was kind of a shock at first," Weaver said. "During the week, I really didn't run the ball. It felt good to know that Andy Reid and [offensive coordinator] Marty [Mornhinweg] would trust me in that way and trust me enough to give it to me a couple times."

Weaver was supposed to a.ssume a larger role in pass protection because of the absence of Brian Westbrook (concussion), but Reid and Mornhinweg decided to turn him into a playmaker. Once again, the Eagles lost the time of possession battle -- because they kept scoring so quickly. The Saints provided the league with a blueprint for shredding the Giants' secondary two weeks ago, and the Eagles followed directions superbly.

For starters, the Giants' safeties can't cover anyone in space -- especially someone with DeSean Jackson's speed. The Giants had just trimmed the Eagles' lead to 16-7 with 1:54 left in the first half. On the next play from scrimmage, Jackson froze Giants safety C.C. Brown with a slight inside fake and then cut upfield for an easy 54-yard touchdown to put the game out of reach. The Giants didn't get any push up front on the play, allowing McNabb plenty of time to deliver a perfect pass.

"All week in practice, we knew that if they ran a Cover 2 on that play, it was going to be great for us," Jackson said. "We run that play a lot and I cross the field. So I faked the cross and rode it back out, there was nobody else there and Donovan made a great throw."

McNabb immediately pointed at Mornhinweg, who called the play. It was an afternoon where pretty much everything worked for the Eagles -- and that's why Reid singled out his offensive and defensive coordinators after the game.

"That was a heck of a call," Reid said of the touchdown pass to Jackson. "Donovan was fired up because [the Giants] played it just like we hoped they would play it. Sometimes those things work out. Marty had a good feel on it, he and Donovan had talked about it, and it was a great job on both their parts."

Perhaps the most demoralizing part of Sunday's loss for the Giants was being dominated at the line of scrimmage. The Eagles' patchwork offensive line blew open huge holes for Weaver and rookie running back LeSean McCoy. The two of them were so effective that no one missed Westbrook, a player who has had huge games against the Giants. And Eagles right tackle Winston Justice was so effective against Pro Bowl defensive end Justin Tuck that reporters may finally stop asking him about the infamous '07 game in which McNabb was sacked 12 times.

For now, the Giants are a team without an identity. They're still in the thick of the playoff race at 5-3, but they've effectively blown their margin for error during a three-game losing streak. And at least for one week, they're sitting behind both the Eagles and Cowboys in the division race. It's far too early to bury them, but they're not a good team right now.

"It's a complete embarrassment and disappointment," said linebacker Antonio Pierce after the game. "We didn't tackle, we gave up big plays, we didn't cover. We're not communicating. We all have to look at each other in the mirror and we all have to make a change, because what we're doing right now is not working."

After two subpar efforts from McNabb, he was 17-of-23 for 240 yards and three touchdowns against the Giants. For unknown reasons, the Giants used one-on-one coverage against Eagles tight end Brent Celek -- with very limited success. Celek made safety Michael Johnson think he was going to cross his face before cutting his route upfield to make a 17-yard touchdown catch early in the first quarter.

Celek, who had four catches for 61 yards, has quietly emerged as one of the top tight ends in the NFC. He'll have a hard time being voted into the Pro Bowl because of the likes of Tony Gonzalez and Jason Witten, but he certainly belongs in the conversation.

Now, the Eagles will try to complete a three-game sweep of their division rivals. That loss to Oakland seems like a long time ago -- and that's a really good thing for Philly.

espn.com
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Now That's A Real A$$!...
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kaylin Garcia
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Steph Curry has OFFICIALLY lost all hope, his HAIRLINE,& thinks he is in a..
67 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Where does cousins end up?
80 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside I guess Lil Tay ain’t flexing on all her haters anymore
323 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Tekashi tried to 'check in' with Snoop,got DENIED!!!!!
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Who are your preferred reviewers?
35 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside May 18 - Former Pro Wrestler Beaten Over Parking Spot
109 comments
1 day ago