most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-27-2009, 01:09 AM         #21
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm curious to see if hickson can continue his good play from the pre-season into the reg season...he looked to have improved pretty drastically so far....time will tell....
 8 years ago '06        #22
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,829 | Props total: 1175 1175
This is great, no matter what happens one of our rivals is starting the season off with a loss!:applause::dancingcool:
 8 years ago '08        #23
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
lakers > both

grizzlies < both
 8 years ago '06        #24
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,082 | Props total: 39 39
From the Globe:

Forward Glen "Big Baby" Davis (hand injury) missed practice Monday morning and his status has not been determined for the Celtics' regular-season opening visit to Cleveland Tuesday.

"We sent him for X rays," coach Doc Rivers said of Davis. "He was complaining about it before (practice)."

Update via the Herald:

Glen Davis has suffered a right thumb injury and could be lost to the Celtics for a significant period of time.

He underwent X-rays today and will have to get further tests to determine the full extend of the dame. Surgery could be required.

According to sources, this was a non-basketball injury. It happened Sunday night when he got into an altercation with a friend, a former teammate, who was visiting from Louisiana.Davis was reportedly defending himself.

Doc Rivers said after today that he was unaware of the circumstances, but sources said the club has been fully apprised of the situation.

As expected, the Celts are not pleased. Davis is said to be extremely upset, too.

Obviously this hurts the Celtics from a depth stand point, which one figured would have been a strength of this team heading into the season. With Brian Scalabrine apparently joining Davis on the sidelines with an ankle sprain, the window of opportunity just grew for Shelden Williams.

Update 2: The hand is apparently broken. According to WEEI he will miss 6 to 8 weeks. The Celtics would only say:“We are aware of Glen Davis’ injury,” the Celtics said in a statement. “We are gathering all information regarding the injury before making any further comments.”
Stupid f**k
 8 years ago '06        #25
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
Rondo's Agent: No Deal
by Jeff Clark on Oct 27, 2009 6:42 AM EDT in News/Links 8 comments

More photos » by Charles Krupa - AP
No deal.
Browse more photos »

Marc Spears reports:

Rajon Rondo will not sign a contract extension with the Boston Celtics, allowing him to join next summer’s heralded free-agent class, the player’s agent told Yahoo! Sports late Monday.

Rondo and the Celtics have until Saturday to negotiate an extension, but his agent, Bill Duffy, said the point guard has already made a decision to become a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

Duffy said he has had recent talks with the Celtics about Rondo, but the negotiations never progressed enough to lead him to believe the sides were close to a deal. Celtics president Danny Ainge couldn’t be reached for comment.

"We’re not going to do an extension right now," Duffy said. "The conversation has been cordial. We’ve been talking the last couple of weeks. There is a difference between the perception of him in their eyes and our eyes. With that being said, the focus is on Rajon to have a fantastic season and concentrate on winning a championship."Duffy, who also counts Steve Nash(notes) among his clients, said he is seeking a contract that would pay Rondo like one of the NBA's top five point guards.
The Celtics, Duffy said, "feel differently."

Well, that's a shame. I was hoping to get this lose end wrapped up before the season but instead I'll have to worry about it all year. Oh well.

Update: WEEI reports

A source close to the situation has told Jeff Goodman of WEEI.com and FoxSports.com that the Celtics’ offered point guard Rajon Rondo a contract extension worth five years and $45 million, with Rondo’s representatives asking for between $55-60 million over the same number of years. The Celtics presented their offer to Rondo’s reps in a meeting, Monday night.
Greedy f**k
 8 years ago '07        #26
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 1802 1802
 KSoraci7 said:
Greedy f**k
Well who wouldn't want to be apart of the 2010 Free Agency market? It's going to be insane! MANY teams have been preparing for it and will have TONS of money available to pay players. I'd hold out for it as well. Smart business move.
 8 years ago '07        #27
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,798 | Props total: 14598 14598
 ThyInfamousOne said:
cavs 1-0
might go undefeated at home this season
Doubt it...
 8 years ago '05        #28
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12573 12573
I really like Boston this year, and comming from a Bulls fan its hard to say. People are underestimating what a inspired Sheed brings to the table. The Sheed pick up was the biggest pick up of the summer. Not only is he a great player, but you have to factor in what he does for that club. He's comming off the bench for KG, allowing KG to get tons of rest throughout the season to remain healthy. Not only, once KG is on the bench the drop off of having KG sitting at that moment is not a major drop off. Sheed is a good defender, all around offensive player and don't forget Rondo took his game to that next level in the playoffs last year. I got them winning it all.

I see the Cavs falling 3rd in the Eastern conference second Orlando.

Last edited by Hold That; 10-27-2009 at 08:22 AM..
 10-27-2009, 08:33 AM         #29
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bullseye said:
Well who wouldn't want to be apart of the 2010 Free Agency market? It's going to be insane! MANY teams have been preparing for it and will have TONS of money available to pay players. I'd hold out for it as well. Smart business move.
That's false man. That was the plan 2 years ago, but with the economy the way it is the cap is going down, very few teams are going to throw money around to anyone not named Wade or James.
 10-27-2009, 08:36 AM         #30
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cavs can take this at home but it is a long season from here on.
 8 years ago '06        #31
O Nasty 96 heat pts96 OP
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
 AF1PIMPN said:
I'm not debate'n dude can hoop, I'm say'n he is a serious head case & very much so play'n out of position @ da 2. All I know is if they traded 4 Jax it would catapult them 2 da top of da East right next 2 LA as far as match-ups go.

I read a trade was on da table 4 Jax but they didn't want 2 give up Big Z(expendable). I would jump @ dat & maybe bring back Turiaf also.
But why would we trade one head case for another headcase who's older, bigger contract and could effect team chemistry. And he's not really playing out of position, He style is of a 2 guard, He's a big short for the position but that doesn't effect him much. 6'4-6'6 all the same really...he has no problem guarding 2 guards, he was holding his own guarding 6'10 hedo last year

The team made a commitment to Delonte and they'll continue to support him on and off the court.

Last edited by O Nasty; 10-27-2009 at 08:57 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #32
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,263 | Props total: 308 308
 ItizIsntIT said:
:greetings10: we got the whole league shook
no you don't.

Rondo in a contract year = he's gonna beast tonight.
 8 years ago '06        #33
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
Delonte is a very heady player. He's a player who risks his injury prone body for the better of the team & also has the intangibles. He's also a headcase who carries shotguns on motorcycles like he's Niko Belic.
 8 years ago '06        #34
ThaFuture3 
space
space
space
$1,769 | Props total: 237 237
 Hold That said:
I really like Boston this year, and comming from a Bulls fan its hard to say. People are underestimating what a inspired Sheed brings to the table. The Sheed pick up was the biggest pick up of the summer. Not only is he a great player, but you have to factor in what he does for that club. He's comming off the bench for KG, allowing KG to get tons of rest throughout the season to remain healthy. Not only, once KG is on the bench the drop off of having KG sitting at that moment is not a major drop off. Sheed is a good defender, all around offensive player and don't forget Rondo took his game to that next level in the playoffs last year. I got them winning it all.

I see the Cavs falling 3rd in the Eastern conference second Orlando.
That's what I'm saying man...Boston looks straight on paper..to have KG, Rasheed, Big Baby, and Perk shutting down the paint is good no matter what...offensively I'm expecting the celtics to be better than they were the past 2 years...Cleveland might win more games than Boston during the regular season but I see Boston in the finals this year...given that they stay healthy
 8 years ago '07        #35
space
space
The thing I love about adding Sheed is this, When we have Sheed and KG in there vs the Cavs for example, Shaq will probably be playing on Sheed and someone else on KG.
That means Shaq will most likely be out towards the 3 line covering sheed, leaving a nice hole for Rondo to drive. Sheed just opens up our offense even more, he's gonna be a huge plus this year.

sucks Baby is out for a while, broken hand
 8 years ago '09        #36
ItizIsntIT 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,443 | Props total: 170 170
 keithbm1111 said:
no you don't.

Rondo in a contract year = he's gonna beast tonight.

The agent for Rajon Rondo said late Monday that his client will not sign a contract extension with the Celtics, meaning the 23-year-old point guard will become a restricted free agent at the end of the season, Yahoo! Sports reported.

According to multiple reports, the Celtics and Rondo's representatives met recently to try to work out a deal but apparently are still far apart. Technically, the sides face a Friday deadline to come to an agreement on an extension that would keep Rondo off the free-agent market next summer, but agent Bill Duffy ruled it out.

"We're not going to do an extension right now," Duffy told Yahoo! Sports. "The conversation has been cordial. We've been talking the last couple of weeks. There is a difference between the perception of him in their eyes and our eyes. With that being said, the focus is on Rajon to have a fantastic season and concentrate on winning a championship."

Duffy said he is looking for a deal that would make Rondo one of the NBA's top five highest-paid point guards. According to Duffy, the Celtics "feel differently," Yahoo! Sports reported.

An unnamed source told Boston sports radio station WEEI that the Celtics offered Rondo a five-year, $45 million extension (an average of $9 million per year), but Rondo is seeking a five-year deal worth between $55 million and $60 million (an average of $11 million to $12 million per year).

Should Rondo become a restricted free agent, he could receive contract offers from other teams after the season. The Celtics would have the right to match any offer he received.

Rondo is making $2.3 million this season in the last year of his rookie contract. He averaged 11.9 points, 8.2 a.ssists and 5.2 rebounds per game last season.
 8 years ago '07        #37
space
space
^^ yeah thats why i said "Rondo in a contract year =
 10-27-2009, 09:51 AM         #38
JaeRell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'd be surprised if Cleveland wins this game.
 8 years ago '05        #39
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,086 | Props total: 6985 6985
 JaeRell said:
I'd be surprised if Cleveland wins this game.
they at home...I wouldn't be..I could actually see the C's folding for some reason...but at the end of the day....CELTICS = 2010 CHAMPS
 8 years ago '05        #40
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,796 | Props total: 4904 4904
Cavs and Magic are probably gonna be your creme of the crop teams in the East. I think people are gonna be surprised to see that Boston isn't as good as they were 2 years ago. Cavs should win a blow out tonight. Would have been closer if it was in Boston.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
181 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
113 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
61 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
61 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy