most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
9 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Co-Main Event Winners?
Lyoto Machida 19 76.00%
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua 9 36.00%
Cain Velasquez 9 36.00%
Ben Rothwell 7 28.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #181
Rubix 
space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
 akademiks said:
I was actually TRYING to enjoy MMA. That's the difference.

Stupid s**t like this makes UFC lose credibility and makes the entire process of judging a joke..
Who knows.. Maybe Dana White could have been involved with this.
i don't ENTIRELY disagree with you but i will say that you can't judge an entire sport based on one f!ght. this sort of s**t happens in all sports - there are going to be some fishy a.ss calls from judges and refs in ALL sports...just look at the nba..
 8 years ago '04        #182
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,070 | Props total: 6137 6137
 Gattsau said:
clean strikes even?

stop it...

effective grappling?

u may want to look at what that means thatd be a wash for the f!ghters...
1. The Judge shall recognize the value of both the clean takedown and active guard position.
2. The Judge shall recognize that a f!ghter who is able to cleanly takedown his opponent, is effectively grappling.
3. A Judge shall recognize that a f!ghter on his back in an active guard position, can effectively grapple, through execution of repeated threatening attempts at submission and reversal resulting in continuous defense from the top f!ghter.
4. A Judge shall recognize that a f!ghter who maneuvers from guard to mount is effectively grappling.
5. A Judge shall recognize that the guard position alone shall be scored neutral or even, if none of the preceding situations were met.(items 2-4)
6. A Judge shall recognize that if the f!ghters remain in guard the majority of a round with neither f!ghter having an edge in clean striking or effective grappling, (items 2-4), the f!ghter who scored the clean takedown deserves the round.
7. A clean reversal is equal to a clean takedown in effective grappling

Take away all the ground s**t since it didnt hit the ground and MAchida definately won since he was able to stop shogun from taking him down
 8 years ago '04        #183
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
 Rubix said:
i don't ENTIRELY disagree with you but i will say that you can't judge an entire sport based on one f!ght. this sort of s**t happens in all sports - there are going to be some fishy a.ss calls from judges and refs in ALL sports...just look at the nba..
Not many f!ghts of this magnitude go the distance so it's hard to compare as an observer...
 10-25-2009, 12:30 AM         #184
renagade281  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoLedge18720 said:
really because clinches and takedowns attempts arent grappling now
im just bein sarcastic..the f!ght was boring as hell and to me all they did was run around and throw some kicks...

machida lost the f!ght easily...but i guess the judges had machida mistaken for velasquez or something
 8 years ago '04        #185
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Gater said:
please explain when he landed all these strikes you keep mentioning..
every strike that shogun landed was a counter strike meaning that Machida hit him first. Machida hit him with a punch pretty much everytime he landed a kick and more times than not they both landed a kick at the same time. It was just shogun landed harder kicks so Rogan got all hype. Then you throw in all the flurries and knees that he landed as well
 8 years ago '04        #186
Joe Scumbag 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,754 | Props total: 3580 3580
 Gater said:
please explain when he landed all these strikes you keep mentioning..
right i seen Lyoto comin in with strikes and shogun block and slip some eattin one or two then answerin wit a counter but guess the f!ghts would be hard to see with your face in Lyotos lap
 8 years ago '04        #187
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
still cant believe i just got robbed of 300 dollars

not to mention the 100 i bet on shogun
 8 years ago '04        #188
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Gattsau said:
Theres nothing in their about takedown defense that would be in octagon control..

A striker who fends off a grappler's takedown attempt to remain standing and effectively strike is octagon control.

your trying to sound like a expert but you really have no clue what u r talking about .

winning 2 or more of those caterogies does not mean you won the f!ght because they are not all weighted the same...
well yea of course they arent weighted the same they were in the order that I listed them

-Clean Strikes-Even
-Effective Grappling-Machida
-Octagon Control-Machida
-Effective Aggressiveness-Shogun

Shogun won the least weighted aspect of judging that was aggressiveness. They both landed clean strikes so in my mind its even
 8 years ago '04        #189
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Joe Scumbag said:
right i seen Lyoto comin in with strikes and shogun block and slip some eattin one or two then answerin wit a counter but guess the f!ghts would be hard to see with your face in Lyotos lap
this dude keeps taking shots at me like I am a huge Machida fan or some s**t. All im saying is the f!ght could have went either way. Plus you just answered his question. You say shogun getting hit with 1 or 2 strikes and him landing a counter...as in a single shot counter

Last I checked 2 is more than 1

Last edited by NoLedge18720; 10-25-2009 at 12:36 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #190
Joe Scumbag 1 heat pts
space
space
got your attention now huh:lachen001: all I'm sayin is your wrong and a closet Homo
 8 years ago '04        #191
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Joe Scumbag said:
got your attention now huh:lachen001: all I'm sayin is your wrong and a closet Homo
i love when people start calling other peoples names because they have no actual argument or knowledge. Its like getting beat up and yelling that your ugly from the window of your moms car when she drives you home
 8 years ago '04        #192
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
^^either way the f!ght wasnt as one sided as everyone is saying is all I am trying to get across. Everyone in here talking like he dominated in the f!ght when he didnt
 10-25-2009, 12:41 AM         #193
Lex Lossis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dana white knows shogun won
 8 years ago '04        #194
Joe Scumbag 1 heat pts
space
space
 NoLedge18720 said:
i love when people start calling other peoples names because they have no actual argument or knowledge. Its like getting beat up and yelling that your ugly from the window of your moms car when she drives you home
:laughing0:
 8 years ago '05        #195
highryda 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,888 | Props total: 50 50
this must be noledge first time watching mma...tryin to find rules on wikipedia and s**t

its ok though you will learn how to tell which f!ghter wins once you get some more f!ghts under your belt

no way machida won by unanimous and didnt win 3 rounds
 8 years ago '04        #196
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 highryda said:
this must be noledge first time watching mma...tryin to find rules on wikipedia and s**t

its ok though you will learn how to tell which f!ghter wins once you get some more f!ghts under your belt

no way machida won by unanimous and didnt win 3 rounds
Machida won rounds 2 and 3. Shogun won rounds 4 and 5. Round 1 could have went either way. I've been watching MMA since ufc 1, watched prided and watch dream. So dont act like im a rookie. You guys just dont understand how MMA is judged by sayind MAchida didnt win a round is all I am trying to say
 8 years ago '07        #197
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 14 14

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #198
highryda 1 heat pts
space
space
round 1 and 2 were both shoguns not machida open your eyes

WELCOME TO THE MACHIDA ERROR
 8 years ago '05        #199
highryda 1 heat pts
space
space
noledge IS cecil peoples apparently
 8 years ago '04        #200
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
Didn't watch the f!ght.

Was it really that clear that Shogun should have won like the people at Sherdog seem to think?
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy