Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #101
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,129 | Props total: 780 780
 Kazel said:
Yeah I can still go into recovery mode. Maybe I am not leaving the G1 screen long enough, but I left it for like 20 minutes and it was still on the G1 screen. I had CM 4.2.3.1 before, and I didn't wipe, and now I can't even root it again. I can get to stock, but when I try to root it and flash a new rom, even my old CM rom, it lags at the G1 screen, or says signature verification failed
if you still into recovery mode then you are still rooted, you will prolly have to wipe everything and format ya sd card then cause maybe be problems with ya partitions. i know the 4.2.5 rom takes a good while to get off the boot screen when you first flash it or any new rom for the matter.

this is why i told yall n*ggas to use nandroid backup and yall wouldnt have this problem in case somethin went wrong
 8 years ago '04        #102
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 452 452
You say it takes a while to get off the flash screen, how long is a while?
 8 years ago '04        #103
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Kazel said:
You say it takes a while to get off the flash screen, how long is a while?
alot longer than normal, i think when i did 4.2.5 few days ago it was like 10 mins
 8 years ago '04        #104
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
I may give it another shot then. Another thing, when I get to recovery mode, it only shows three blue options instead of the green list. Any idea why?
 8 years ago '04        #105
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Kazel said:
I may give it another shot then. Another thing, when I get to recovery mode, it only shows three blue options instead of the green list. Any idea why?
i never seen that before, i think it would be best to just start off fresh and unroot cause that dont sound good
 8 years ago '04        #106
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Ok, I just went ahead and rooted, what it was I think, is I was on a stock Cupcake install. So I rooted with the flash image, now I am about to load the custom SPL. Crossing my fingers hoping it works
 8 years ago '04        #107
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Installed the SPL just fine, now I am installing CM 4.2.5. I hope this works this time
 8 years ago '05        #108
jondaincredible 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,840 | Props total: 254 254
you dont need to wipe before flash when upgrading cyanogen's roms
 8 years ago '04        #109
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
i just tried out the new amon ra recovery image, got the convert ext3 partition to ext4 so my s**t gonna be smooth now
 8 years ago '04        #110
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Have watched an enitre episode of American Dad, and its still stuck on the G1 screen. I don't understand whats wrong, lol
 8 years ago '04        #111
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Kazel said:
Have watched an enitre episode of American Dad, and its still stuck on the G1 screen. I don't understand whats wrong, lol
guess you should just unroot and start from scratch, maybe its because you interrupted it the first time you was bootin 4.2.5
 8 years ago '04        #112
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
I wish there was somewhere I could take my s**t and have someone do it for me, lol. Maybe put it back to stock, seel it and buy a new one, lol
 8 years ago '04        #113
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Flash Android 1.6 & CyanogenMod 4.2.5/4.1.9999

You will now install the actual OS of the phone. First you will install the legal Google apps, and then you will install CyanogenMod on top of those apps.

1. Turn your phone off.
2. Hold the Home button while booting to get to Recovery mode.
3. If you wish to have an option to return to your factory settings, select nandroid backup now. If not, continue.
4. Press Alt-W (or select "wipe data/factory reset")Press home to confirm
5. Press Alt-A (or select "apply any zip from sd")
* Dream (G1): signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-ota-14721.zip
* Magic32A / Magic32B (MyTouch): See This Page
6. Press home to confirm and let installation complete
7. STOP - DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE
8. Once again, press Alt-A (or select "apply any zip from sd")
* Dream (G1): update-cm-4.2.5-signed.zip
* Magic32A / Magic32B (MyTouch): See This Page
9. Press home to confirm and let installation complete
10. When this is complete, reboot your phone by pressing Home & Back.
11. Wait. Your phone will say writing radio image and then reboot. This will take a couple of minutes. Be patient!
12. If the phone enters Recovery mode after rebooting, press Home & Back again to reboot it once more. You should see the blue CyanogenMod Android logo this time.
Just tried this method. Now the phone went to a screen with a box, with an arrow coming out if it going into a G1, then rebooted. Now its at the G1 screen again, then went to recovery. Gonna reboot one more time and hope it works
 8 years ago '04        #114
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Holy crap it actually went past the G1 screen. I wanna flash a theme now, but I am afraid to lol. Do the themes that worked for 4.2.3.1 work on 4.2.5?

EDIT: Went ahead and flashed the theme anyway. Worked, thank God. I am now an avid user of Nandroid, lol. Thanks for all the help Venom

Last edited by Kazel; 11-18-2009 at 11:37 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #115
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
^Whats the point of rooting it or whatever the hell your doing to your phone?

I have the myTouch so let me in this "cool people with hacked phones" circle.
 8 years ago '04        #116
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
why does everybody keep askin whats the point of rooting, just look earlier in the thread
 8 years ago '04        #117
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
my s**t startin to look like 2.0 but not quite, cyan need to hurry up and implement 2.0 already

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #118
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 Venom said:
my s**t startin to look like 2.0 but not quite, cyan need to hurry up and implement 2.0 already

[pic - click to view]

That looks nice. But why would you wanna make it look like stock 2.0? lol. I think thats stock, anyway yeah...Whats new in 2.0? Is the G1 capable of running eclair or not? And rooting your phone is kinda like jailbreaking your iphone (I think). Freedom to theme it, more memory, root access, screenshots, and some other nifty stuff. My main reason was it is way faster, and I like being able to theme my phone. I don't like anything stock when it comes to electronics, lol

EDIT: Where did u get that battery meter? That is awesome. And dude, you need to charge your f**kin phone, lol

Last edited by Kazel; 11-19-2009 at 12:07 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #119
Awsolot 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,873 | Props total: 1 1
 JaiMega said:
Cyanogen 4.2.4. with Android 2.0 stock theme.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

That's a brand new facebook app for Android. It's better, but still not great.
Which phone do u have?
 8 years ago '04        #120
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Kazel said:
That looks nice. But why would you wanna make it look like stock 2.0? lol. I think thats stock, anyway yeah...Whats new in 2.0? Is the G1 capable of running eclair or not? And rooting your phone is kinda like jailbreaking your iphone (I think). Freedom to theme it, more memory, root access, screenshots, and some other nifty stuff. My main reason was it is way faster, and I like being able to theme my phone. I don't like anything stock when it comes to electronics, lol

EDIT: Where did u get that battery meter? That is awesome. And dude, you need to charge your f**kin phone, lol
i got the battery widget from the market, had it on all day and since its like 12 somethin in the morn should be dead by now even though i had charge it a bit a few hours earlier. im waitin for the 2.0 update for cyan to implement cause its suppose to have the new google maps navigation and what not. i dont feel like addin a theme at the moment since i like how the 2.0 icons look

Last edited by Venom; 11-19-2009 at 12:19 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy