Android Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
168 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
126 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #261
jhicks 
space
space
space
$308 | Props total: 32 32
whats some other good apps
 8 years ago '04        #262
azzhole 
space
space
$154 | Props total: 30 30
I'm on the mytouch.....I really dnt know too much about this rootin thing...tried to google it and follow the directions no luck...can somebody get @me n lemme wtf I do
 8 years ago '07        #263
SmokinPiff 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 VictoryThagr8 said:
For rooted droid owners.

Droid does 1 ghz

links and instruction is in the webpage.

My droid is running so much smooth right now running 1ghz.

i'm sorry, not trying to be confrontational... but i'm gonna have to call bulls**t on this. you can't do 1 ghz without a 1 ghz chip. anything you do is gonna be "overclocking" and you'll eventually fry your handset... you can only push your phone so far.
 8 years ago '07        #264
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 azzhole said:
I'm on the mytouch.....I really dnt know too much about this rootin thing...tried to google it and follow the directions no luck...can somebody get @me n lemme wtf I do
rooting isn't really necessary unless you...
a. know what you're doing and
b. don't like your phone the way it is.
most of the thing's you can do with rooting can be done with a app on the market... unless you want a custom rom that removes a lot of the bulls**t stock apps that came from your carrier? otherwise imo, theres no huge upside to it.
 8 years ago '04        #265
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 452 452
 SmokinPiff said:
Ok I don't know if i'm late to the party with this one, but you guy's on here never metioned it before...

I just installed "LockBot Pro" it's a paid app from the Android market (I aint paying for s**t) and I don't know if any of you have used it yet, but I love it.

It let's you have a choice of 4 lock screens
iPhone lock screen (been there done that and theres another app for that "Lock 2.0")
HTC Hero lock screen
Eclair lock screen (the same as the Droid)
Flan lock screen (the Nexus One lock)

the s**t is hot to me, but then again i'm easily entertained... it allows you to customize the screen. any background you want, put the clock anywhere. switch between anolog & digital, s**t like that.

the best part to me is the fact that I can create a lock screen playlist and everytime I go to unlock my phone I have a different lock screen to use. right now I have Hero, Eclair & Flan on rotate (f**k the iPhone lock screen, s**t is played out already)
The only problem with those kind of lock screen apps is it k!lls the battery. it's much better, imo, to just root it and flash a rom with said lock screen.
 8 years ago '04        #266
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,328 | Props total: 2733 2733
 SmokinPiff said:
i'm sorry, not trying to be confrontational... but i'm gonna have to call bulls**t on this. you can't do 1 ghz without a 1 ghz chip. anything you do is gonna be "overclocking" and you'll eventually fry your handset... you can only push your phone so far.
it is overclocking but what people don't realize is the the omap 3430 is built for over clocking and said specifically in its spec sheet that it can easily over clock to 1ghz. That is why u need set CPU to have ur phone use 1ghz when its heavy in processing.
 8 years ago '07        #267
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 Kazel said:
The only problem with those kind of lock screen apps is it k!lls the battery. it's much better, imo, to just root it and flash a rom with said lock screen.
Actually according to "spare parts" the program barely registers. My screen & task k!ller use more battery then this app.

VictoryThagr8 said:
it is overclocking but what people don't realize is the the omap 3430 is built for over clocking and said specifically in its spec sheet that it can easily over clock to 1ghz. That is why u need set CPU to have ur phone use 1ghz when its heavy in processing.
well that maybe true, but like I said before. I feel you can only push your phone so much before it messes up.
 8 years ago '06        #268
jhicks 
space
space
space
$308 | Props total: 32 32
so appsinstaller and something liek the posted 300 free apps,is better if you just want to add a program instead of rooting?
 8 years ago '05        #269
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Sense UI lockscreen>>>>
 8 years ago '07        #270
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 jhicks said:
so appsinstaller and something liek the posted 300 free apps,is better if you just want to add a program instead of rooting?
umm, pretty much. in my opinion, most ppl don't need to root because they don't even know the benifits of it. they do it just to say they did it, or to say, look what I have on my phone. which to me is funny, because if you say "oh, I have sense UI on my G1"... well I have a app that makes my phone look like that too. the only benefit of rooting is to get a rom of a android version you don't have. like a stable rom that emulates 2.1. but no unofficial rom is ever as good as the official... and since android is trying like hell to keep updating all their devices, you're better off just waiting.

JaiMega said:
Sense UI lockscreen>>>>
eh, the hero lock screen is the weakest of the group. too easy to unlock just pulling your phone out of your pocket. I really like the Nexus 1 lock screen (which is the only one I use now).

Last edited by SmokinPiff; 01-26-2010 at 09:09 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #271
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 SmokinPiff said:
umm, pretty much. in my opinion, most ppl don't need to root because they don't even know the benifits of it. they do it just to say they did it, or to say, look what I have on my phone. which to me is funny, because if you say "oh, I have sense UI on my G1"... well I have a app that makes my phone look like that too. the only benefit of rooting is to get a rom of a android version you don't have. like a stable rom that emulates 2.1. but no unofficial rom is ever as good as the official... and since android is trying like hell to keep updating all their devices, you're better off just waiting.

eh, the hero lock screen is the weakest of the group. too easy to unlock just pulling your phone out of your pocket. I really like the Nexus 1 lock screen (which is the only one I use now).

actually you fail to mention the advantage of Rooting the phones.

Like APP 2 SD
Wireless Tether(your becomes an Wifi router)
CPU setting(since stock android runs at max processing all time which k!lls you battery...setcpu app actually only run max when needed which greatly improve you battery life)
activating built in FM Radio transmitter and receiver

And also the whole no unofficial Rom is better than the official OS is greatly false. For example there is no official G1 OS that is better than cyangenmods. s**t even on the Nexus 1...cyangen developed rom is far superior to the official 2.1. Dude doubled the performance of nexus one without over clocking it by activating the JIT of the snapdragon.

Most rom builder wait for the official release then tweak the official OS of the device and greatly improve on it.
 8 years ago '07        #272
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
actually you fail to mention the advantage of Rooting the phones.

Like APP 2 SD
Wireless Tether(your becomes an Wifi router)
CPU setting(since stock android runs at max processing all time which k!lls you battery...setcpu app actually only run max when needed which greatly improve you battery life)
activating built in FM Radio transmitter and receiver

And also the whole no unofficial Rom is better than the official OS is greatly false. For example there is no official G1 OS that is better than cyangenmods. s**t even on the Nexus 1...cyangen developed rom is far superior to the official 2.1. Dude doubled the performance of nexus one without over clocking it by activating the JIT of the snapdragon.

Most rom builder wait for the official release then tweak the official OS of the device and greatly improve on it.
app2sd - slows down your apps and i've seen no great example of it being worth it at this point. how many apps do you really need? i'm guessing you download a lot of games? I personally have no use for that. my phone is a phone, not a ds or psp.

wireless tethering - how many ppl actually have use for that? honestly. or better yet how many ppl on here even know wtf you're talking about?

cpu settings - i might have skimmed over it in my post, but it was implied as a reason for rooting... but unless you don't like the way your phone runs from stock, it doesn't make sense.

also, mostly every rom, even the ones you metioned are buggy in the begining and need time to get right. so you're flashing a new rom every other week, cuz of some bug or whatever... it just doesn't make sense to constantly indanger your phone and void your warranty like that (granted I flashed my mogul a s**t load of times when I wanted to try out winmo upgrades. in all fairness though, android stays updating their phones. winmo does not. so you litterally have to take matters into your own hands).

to make it clear though. I am speaking from my own point of view and you have the option of doing whatever you like. thats the beauty of free will
 8 years ago '04        #273
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 SmokinPiff said:
app2sd - slows down your apps and i've seen no great example of it being worth it at this point. how many apps do you really need? i'm guessing you download a lot of games? I personally have no use for that. my phone is a phone, not a ds or psp.

wireless tethering - how many ppl actually have use for that? honestly. or better yet how many ppl on here even know wtf you're talking about?

cpu settings - i might have skimmed over it in my post, but it was implied as a reason for rooting... but unless you don't like the way your phone runs from stock, it doesn't make sense.

also, mostly every rom, even the ones you metioned are buggy in the begining and need time to get right. so you're flashing a new rom every other week, cuz of some bug or whatever... it just doesn't make sense to constantly indanger your phone and void your warranty like that (granted I flashed my mogul a s**t load of times when I wanted to try out winmo upgrades. in all fairness though, android stays updating their phones. winmo does not. so you litterally have to take matters into your own hands).

to make it clear though. I am speaking from my own point of view and you have the option of doing whatever you like. thats the beauty of free will
I know that is the beauty of free will.
And yes google constantly update their phones, but you fail to mention that they usually release those OS exclusively for their latest and most powerful Google experience phone and sometimes older phones will not even recieve any updates. Shoot there is only 2 android phones right now that has Android 2.0 and higher(droid and nexus 1) and one of them has 2.1 offiicially while there are no release date for the droid 2.1. Yes constant update, but will not see them for a while until developers optimized the update for their hardware.

Really does anybody know when the hero, cliq, Moment, mytouch 3g, droid eris gets 2.1. I know the g.1 most likely wont see android 2.0 and its 1 and half years old.
 8 years ago '07        #274
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
I know that is the beauty of free will.
And yes google constantly update their phones, but you fail to mention that they usually release those OS exclusively for their latest and most powerful Google experience phone and sometimes older phones will not even recieve any updates. Shoot there is only 2 android phones right now that has Android 2.0 and higher(droid and nexus 1) and one of them has 2.1 offiicially while there are no release date for the droid 2.1. Yes constant update, but will not see them for a while until developers optimized the update for their hardware.

Really does anybody know when the hero, cliq, Moment, mytouch 3g, droid eris gets 2.1. I know the g.1 most likely wont see android 2.0 and its 1 and half years old.
your argument is rediculous...

the G1, the first ever Android device. has gotten constant updates to it's firmware even though its been out forever in terms of cell phone life. the only thing holding it back from a 2.1 update is the hardware itself, and google and tmobile are both trying to find away to get around that and give it as much as it could handle.

the cliq, moment, mt3g, eris and droid will all get 2.1 by the end of june if not sooner.
2.0 has only been out 2 months and was a droid exclusive (even though they were planning for a release to everybody, until)...
the 2.1 came out, and has been out, what... 3 weeks at most? calm down k!lla. it takes a minute to trickle down to the other handsets and carriers

if you understand free will then why does it seem like you're trying to argue your point?
you made your's and I made mine... let everybody else decide ffor themselves on what they should do... sheesh, are you one of those ppl that if others don't see thing's your way you have a titty attack? calm down, you're gonna get high blood pressure
 01-31-2010, 08:59 PM         #275
Kamikaze22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the easiest rooting method for the G1/My Touch can be found at TheUnlocker.com... I used it to root my phone and have been switching between custom ROMs ever since. I have even tried out a custom 2.1 ROM and had live wallpapers on my MT3G which I got on xdadevelopers

P.S. there are also easy unroot instructions on TheUnlocker.com site
 8 years ago '04        #276
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 452 452
Correction, it's theunlockr.com
 8 years ago '07        #277
SmokinPiff 
space
space
anybody got the samsung moment in here? and live in nyc? and have it sucessfully updated yet? lol
 02-05-2010, 03:28 PM         #278
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmokinPiff said:
anybody got the samsung moment in here? and live in nyc? and have it sucessfully updated yet? lol
nah i live in orlando and every store i call be sayin junk like they dont know what im talkin about
 8 years ago '06        #279
bigmike5115 
space
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 50 50
I am trying out that overclocking thing..for my G1..what's the best setting for performace with the least chance of damagin my phone..right now I have the max and min both set at 528 just to see how it is..battery temp isn't any hotter but the phone runs quicker..and the camera comes up quicker
 8 years ago '09        #280
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
So I did the Unlockr's "One Click" process, to root the myTouch. And it's done. I picked the Rom that I saw first and liked ("Casper's Hero Rom for 32B, Magic, MyTouch", 1 from their links) and it looks cool and all...

But it doesn't all work.

Like when you pick that HTC Widget, the Clock that the Hero is famous for, it won't add it to the home screen. Actually, ANY widget you pick to "Add to Home" it won't add anything.

Oh and this wackass wallpaper (Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog) is lame as hell and wont let me change it.

And after doing a few things (like sending a few msgs then making a phone call or two), I press the Home key to go back to the main screen - and it goes MAD SLOW.

Is it the Rom that I picked? The developer?

Can y'all give me a good site to get faster/better Roms or what do you guys use?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
253 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
27 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
18 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
43 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
42 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
92 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy