Android Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
36 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #181
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 781 781
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Actually no, the size of the screen on a cell phone dont equals bigger resolution. Look at the Iphone for example. It has bigger screen than the droid and resolution is half of the droids resolution. s**t the HTC touch pro 2 has better resoultion than the moment and moment has a bigger screen.

Think of it like this. Does a 50inch standard tv has more pixel and color than a 32vinch 720p HDTV. because when you talk about resolution we are talking about how many pixels we can fit in a screen. A no matter how big a standard tv is you only can fit 640 by 480 in it. Why do you think PS3 and 360 games looks so s**tty on standard tv.
iphone dont have a bigger screen than the droid. iphone is 3.5 inches and droid is 3.7 inches.
thats why droid has higher resoulution than the iphone
touch pro 2 have a bigger screen than the moment. touch pro 2 screen is 3.6 inches and moment is 3.2 inches. thats why touch pro 2 have a higher resolution. if you arguin screen size and resolution atleast look it up. i dont know where you get your information from that the iphone have a bigger screen than the droid and the moment havin a bigger screen than touch pro 2.

why you even compare standard tvs. compare a 32 in hd and 50 inch hd. the 50 inch will have a higher resoulution than the 32 inch. 360 games dont look s**tty on sd
cant have this argument with tvs regardless since thats a special case. but with cell phone screens its easy to recognize the phone screens size matches the resolution

if you every used photoshop at all. change the image settings from pixels and inches and you cann the more inches you add the more resoulution it will have.
 8 years ago '04        #182
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,328 | Props total: 2733 2733
 Venom said:
iphone dont have a bigger screen than the droid. iphone is 3.5 inches and droid is 3.7 inches.
thats why droid has higher resoulution than the iphone
touch pro 2 have a bigger screen than the moment. touch pro 2 screen is 3.6 inches and moment is 3.2 inches. thats why touch pro 2 have a higher resolution. if you arguin screen size and resolution atleast look it up. i dont know where you get your information from that the iphone have a bigger screen than the droid and the moment havin a bigger screen than touch pro 2.

why you even compare standard tvs. compare a 32 in hd and 50 inch hd. the 50 inch will have a higher resoulution than the 32 inch. 360 games dont look s**tty on sd
cant have this argument with tvs regardless since thats a special case. but with cell phone screens its easy to recognize the phone screens size matches the resolution

if you every used photoshop at all. change the image settings from pixels and inches and you cann the more inches you add the more resoulution it will have.
Dude you are a complete idiot.

The reason im comparing Standard tv to an HDTV is because the difference between them are the resolution. Because the droid has almost twice the resolution of the moment and your dumbass think its because the size of the screen even though earlier in the thread you said the droid and moment has almost the same screen size.

And there is reason why photoshop has GPU setting and monitor setting. Photoshop will not let you set a resolution that your monitor doesnt support. And knowing that all modern computer monitor has a higher resolution than a 60inch 1080p HDTV. s**t my 19inch laptop screen has higher resolution than 60inch 1080p HDTV. Think about that.

How a small computer monitor puts way more pixels than HDTVs.
 8 years ago '04        #183
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Dude you are a complete idiot.

The reason im comparing Standard tv to an HDTV is because the difference between them are the resolution. Because the droid has almost twice the resolution of the moment and your dumbass think its because the size of the screen even though earlier in the thread you said the droid and moment has almost the same screen size.

And there is reason why photoshop has GPU setting and monitor setting. Photoshop will not let you set a resolution that your monitor doesnt support. And knowing that all modern computer monitor has a higher resolution than a 60inch 1080p HDTV. s**t my 19inch laptop screen has higher resolution than 60inch 1080p HDTV. Think about that.

How a small computer monitor puts way more pixels than HDTVs.
i love it when dumbasses start namecallin for no reason. gotta resort that cause i s**tted on your cell phone argument.
you stayin off topic when we talkin about cell phone screens. resolution is measured in pixels dumbass. i never said droid and moment have almost the screen size you idiot. i said the droid has 3.7 inch screen and moment have a 3.2 inch screen. how the f**k is that almost the same?

i told your dumbass why you keep comparing tvs cause it dont mean anything. its the actual video that your tv is receiving that has the resolution, the tv just simply displays it. a video can be higher than 1080p but it will still be shown as 1080p because the tv is 1080p. with cell phones the resolutions is made for that specific screen size.

if you connect your computer to a hdtv, your hdtv will still output in 1080p. the tech aint out their yet for tvs to display higher resolution than 1080p.

now please k!ll ya self
 8 years ago '07        #184
SmokinPiff 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 Venom said:
i love it when dumbasses start namecallin for no reason. gotta resort that cause i s**tted on your cell phone argument.

He got caught out there not knowing what the f**k he's talking about, so he went elementary school on you lol
 8 years ago '04        #185
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,328 | Props total: 2733 2733
 Venom said:
you stayin off topic when we talkin about cell phone screens. resolution is measured in pixels dumbass. i never said droid and moment have almost the screen size you idiot. i said the droid has 3.7 inch screen and moment have a 3.2 inch screen. how the f**k is that almost the same?

i told your dumbass why you keep comparing tvs cause it dont mean anything. its the actual video that your tv is receiving that has the resolution, the tv just simply displays it. a video can be higher than 1080p but it will still be shown as 1080p because the tv is 1080p. with cell phones the resolutions is made for that specific screen size.

if you connect your computer to a hdtv, your hdtv will still output in 1080p. the tech aint out their yet for tvs to display higher resolution than 1080p.

now please k!ll ya self
You are the one who said the moment has less resolution due to screen size.

SO i put the comparision of a big screen standard tv(480p) to a small screen 1080p. You think that wasnt a good comparison even though im showing screen sizes doesnt matter on how many pixels you can put on screen.

So again does a 720p 50 inch screen tv has more pixel than a 19 in 1080p tv.

So since your are still arguing over why im using standard tv
Since you cant comprehend that.

And also i already know about outputs on 1080p tv. You just too dumb to see why i compared standard tv and HDTV because what separates the two are screen resolution and not the size of the tv. Which is the same arguement i have about the droid screen vs moment screen and you use screen size excuse that is why the droid can fit more pixel. You couldnt comprehend that so i called you dumbass and left the thread because you basically threw away logic and think screen size is why there is more pixel on the droid than Moment.

Basically im saying moment is standard tv and droid is hi-def. And also add there are LED Standard Definition tv and they look nowhere close as good as 1080p LCD.

Again now since every one think im calling you an idiot because you are too stubburn on accepting facts and cant even prove me wrong.

same screen size as the moment and has the similar resolution to the droid.

HTC pure

also 3.2 screen size and has similar WVGA resoution to the droid

Sony Xperia x2

another 3.2 display with similar resolution to the droid

Since you couldn't comprehend screen size does not = higher resoltion with my SDTV vs HDTV which was basically saying the resolution are that because they are built for that resolution. Because you missed the entire point that the Moment is standard definition and droid is high definition and the moment couldnt fit that many pixel on the screen because the screen is not that great. AMOLED is better than LCD. But a AMOLED display with lower resolution wont be better than an LCD with higher resolution. AKA the standard tv vs HDTV arguement. Now try to disprove what i said.

I already disproved your 3.2 screen size is the reason why droid has twice the resolution of the moment because there are other phone that has 3.2 display that has similar display as the droid.
 8 years ago '04        #186
youngblanco 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 601 601
Slight clarification on Android OS updates for the HTC Hero & Samsung Moment. Will be updating straight to Android 2.1, not 2.0, in 1H2010. about 2 hours ago from CoTweet (via @sprint)
 8 years ago '04        #187
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
You are the one who said the moment has less resolution due to screen size.

SO i put the comparision of a big screen standard tv(480p) to a small screen 1080p. You think that wasnt a good comparison even though im showing screen sizes doesnt matter on how many pixels you can put on screen.

So again does a 720p 50 inch screen tv has more pixel than a 19 in 1080p tv.

So since your are still arguing over why im using standard tv
Since you cant comprehend that.

And also i already know about outputs on 1080p tv. You just too dumb to see why i compared standard tv and HDTV because what separates the two are screen resolution and not the size of the tv. Which is the same arguement i have about the droid screen vs moment screen and you use screen size excuse that is why the droid can fit more pixel. You couldnt comprehend that so i called you dumbass and left the thread because you basically threw away logic and think screen size is why there is more pixel on the droid than Moment.

Basically im saying moment is standard tv and droid is hi-def. And also add there are LED Standard Definition tv and they look nowhere close as good as 1080p LCD.

Again now since every one think im calling you an idiot because you are too stubburn on accepting facts and cant even prove me wrong.

same screen size as the moment and has the similar resolution to the droid.

HTC pure

also 3.2 screen size and has similar WVGA resoution to the droid

Sony Xperia x2

another 3.2 display with similar resolution to the droid

Since you couldn't comprehend screen size does not = higher resoltion with my SDTV vs HDTV which was basically saying the resolution are that because they are built for that resolution. Because you missed the entire point that the Moment is standard definition and droid is high definition and the moment couldnt fit that many pixel on the screen because the screen is not that great. AMOLED is better than LCD. But a AMOLED display with lower resolution wont be better than an LCD with higher resolution. AKA the standard tv vs HDTV arguement. Now try to disprove what i said.

I already disproved your 3.2 screen size is the reason why droid has twice the resolution of the moment because there are other phone that has 3.2 display that has similar display as the droid.
ok dumbass listen. obviously you missed my point. your argument is basically why companies put 32 inch tvs bein able to display 1080p when it wouldnt make a difference compared to a bigger size tv that also outputs 1080p. your dumbass couldnt even comprehend me sayin that the sdtv was never meant to have a higher resolution in the first place. hdtv does cause it was created for that purpose. the f**k you think hd in hdtv stand for? invalid arguement.
like i told your dumbass before, resolution is measured in pixels. if you screen cap any of those phones, i doubt it will show the resolution they advertise. Its like outputting a 1080p video or whatever on a 720p, its still gonna be 720p regardless of what you did to it. same can be applied to those phones listed above. all because the OS or whatever is outputting more resolution than it can fit, its still gonna be the same. notice how the last 2 phones are both windows 6.5. my theory is they have the winmo put out a default resolution for all phones so it can work on a variety of phones with different screen sizes. I dont know why you puttin a iphone knockoff in the argument like its gonna hold any weight. like i said earlier about the 720p tv, all because it can display vids in higher resoultion doesnt change the actual resolution its made for which is 720p. Dont even try to bring up why android isnt the same way, cause android put out a update that auto adjust their OS to a phones correct resolution.
plus those phones still have lesser resolution than the droid. til you find a phone that have a higher res than the droid and have a smaller screen, sit in a corner a stfu. have you ever used your avy in boxden? look what it measures as, pixels? now decrease the amount of pixels in a pic and what do you see? it gettin smaller? now increase the amount of pixels, it gettin bigger?

@ you pointing out how amoled is better than lcd which was my initial argument in the first place. and then you point it because the lcd have a higher resolution on the droid. no s**t, but that was my only argument on why amoled is better. i already stated amoled is more efficient, more vibrant, vivid and display colors better than a lcd and uses less power but yea you wanna ignore that and focus on resolution :rolleyes:
 8 years ago '07        #188
SmokinPiff 
space
space
Anybody else use "Beautiful Widgets" on their Android phone? its hot and I love the way it looks but ever since I downloaded it I swear my battery has been dying quicker... is anybody else experiencing this?

P.S. I have a Moment and i'm stuck with Android OS 1.5 so I can't tell what's eating my battery by looking in my setting's... atleast until Sprint gives us the 2.1 upgrade they promised.
 8 years ago '06        #189
Knockout5 7 heat pts
space
space
$773 | Props total: 51 51
I'm thinking about getting the Droid eris because its a little cheaper than the motorolla droid. Does anyone have the Eris if so how do you like it? Are there any major differences between the two besides the memory card and the screen resolution? lol what's the difference between android 1.5 and 2.0?
 8 years ago '04        #190
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 452 452
 SmokinPiff said:
Anybody else use "Beautiful Widgets" on their Android phone? its hot and I love the way it looks but ever since I downloaded it I swear my battery has been dying quicker... is anybody else experiencing this?

P.S. I have a Moment and i'm stuck with Android OS 1.5 so I can't tell what's eating my battery by looking in my setting's... atleast until Sprint gives us the 2.1 upgrade they promised.
I use Beautiful Widgets, but I didn't notice any loss of battery life. I am sure there is some, but I haven't paid much attention to it. The G1 battery life sucks regardless, lol. I gotta keep mine on charge especially if I browse the internet. It tends to die pretty quickly
 8 years ago '05        #191
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Just get a Hero rom if you trying so hard to make your Donut 1.6 look like Hero with HTC widgets.
 8 years ago '07        #192
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 Kazel said:
I use Beautiful Widgets, but I didn't notice any loss of battery life. I am sure there is some, but I haven't paid much attention to it. The G1 battery life sucks regardless, lol. I gotta keep mine on charge especially if I browse the internet. It tends to die pretty quickly
Eh, it just might be my battery, the s**t is weak.
 8 years ago '04        #193
Kazel 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 452 452
 JaiMega said:
Just get a Hero rom if you trying so hard to make your Donut 1.6 look like Hero with HTC widgets.
What's a good Hero ROM? Bare in mind I use the Google Maps Navigation, so a Hero ROM that has that working would be nice
 8 years ago '05        #194
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,916 | Props total: 1481 1481
hey guys i just picked up the motorola droid today and i been reading through the thread but this s**t just confuses me, first smart phone i evber had..is their any legit websites yall could lead me to, on how to add apps and all that cool s**t....i googled a few but truthfully i dont trust any sites where i dont know whats going on...so if yall have some trusted sites let me know
 8 years ago '07        #195
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 Woodwin said:
hey guys i just picked up the motorola droid today and i been reading through the thread but this s**t just confuses me, first smart phone i evber had..is their any legit websites yall could lead me to, on how to add apps and all that cool s**t....i googled a few but truthfully i dont trust any sites where i dont know whats going on...so if yall have some trusted sites let me know

As far as apps go... the app market in loaded on your phone... tons of free s**t, and really good s**t for $.99

Phandroid.com is a good site to find updates about android phones and apps that are new.
 8 years ago '05        #196
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,916 | Props total: 1481 1481
 SmokinPiff said:
As far as apps go... the app market in loaded on your phone... tons of free s**t, and really good s**t for $.99

Phandroid.com is a good site to find updates about android phones and apps that are new.

Ok apprfe@iate that.these pbone tight I on it now s**t like a mini computer. First time on qwerty or touch screen keyhboarfd so this s**t all new I'm clueless
 8 years ago '05        #197
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Kazel said:
What's a good Hero ROM? Bare in mind I use the Google Maps Navigation, so a Hero ROM that has that working would be nice
If you want Navigation, you might want to try the Hero 2.1 roms on alldroid, xda, and htcpedia.

They are beta, and camera doesn't work on any of the eclair roms.
 8 years ago '05        #198
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,927 | Props total: 6177 6177
I just verizon and looked at the droid but I prefer no keyboard. So I went with the HTC droid. There is only a hundred dollar difference. I kept trying to see what the major difference on the android besides screen and keyboard? So far that is all I see but if I am overlooking something I got 30days to take this HTC droid back and get the android.
 8 years ago '05        #199
Young OG 164 heat pts164
space
space
$18,231 | Props total: 13746 13746
 SmokinPiff said:
Eh, it just might be my battery, the s**t is weak.
yeah i can't go a regular 8-9 hour shift at work without seeing my s**t under 5% the widgets all give me a different f**king read out too idk about this moment s**t, but i don't want the hero becuse it's supposedly way slower than the moment and regardless of the 800mhz processor this s**t still chuggs without a lot of apps going .. =/

i hate the 1.5 o.s but i wanna put my stock in this 2.1 update and the 800mhz processor..

then i see that hero with that 5mp(w/o flash) camera and that sense ui.. *sigh*
 8 years ago '04        #200
Zab_JudahX 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,051 | Props total: 9 9
SMMFH @ a damn argument over amoled and resolution. Posts some apps,tips,tricks or something. Nobody really cares about that resolution s**t, the droid k!lls the moment in so many categories the haters are forced exploit dumb s**t

Its like saying i Got a whopper...oh yeah well I got a whopper with cheese! :wow:

C'mon son!

Last edited by Zab_JudahX; 12-30-2009 at 09:48 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy