DEF JAM Album Sales Revealed in XXL (PICS)

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #101
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,798 | Props total: 14598 14598
 Zab_JudahX said:
:fawkdance: BUDDEN!!! :fawkdance:

Those are US #'s Budden went Gold world wide....even if he didnt the n*gga is literally better than 90% of rappers out today so who cares
I don't know why he never came out w/ something else his numbers were better than Juelz's debut.
 8 years ago '09        #102
markee 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,528 | Props total: 113 113
the jukebox and itsbx is ruining recent record sales.
 10-20-2009, 11:22 PM         #103
onq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 doczdaname said:
dmx..platinum every drop he had..but yea around 03 is when the bootlegging started gettting to the industry

edit: LL was defjam for a good minute...now he is on CSI, cant hate though bc "in the house" was my shiiieet for awhile..what was that girls name on there again? chick was baaaaad

[video - click to view]

Maia Campbell but I guess you didn't get the bad news
 10-20-2009, 11:29 PM         #104
Atlanta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn I didn't know Foxy's nice titty self sold like that
 10-20-2009, 11:34 PM         #105
N I K E 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zab_JudahX said:
:fawkdance: BUDDEN!!! :fawkdance:

Those are US #'s Budden went Gold world wide....even if he didnt the n*gga is literally better than 90% of rappers out today so who cares

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #106
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4847 4847
beastie boys did #'s
 8 years ago '05        #107
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
s**ts pretty dope when you look at it in full perspective. Wish more companies did s**t like this. Alot of people suprised me like DMX. Knew he went plat but dam he was f**king tearing s**t up. Crazy at how the internet and mp3 pretty much k!lled sales though. Dam now i wanna see some s**t like this for games for a company like Square Enix i can only imagine Final Fantasy numbers.
 8 years ago '04        #108
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,088 | Props total: 33897 33897
 KyleEshna said:
Lol at the sales of the last few releases.
Willy Northpole lost.
 8 years ago '07        #109
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 1769 1769
Vol.2 >>>>>any Jay z album
 10-21-2009, 12:38 AM         #110
The Blueprint˛ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dnycem said:
Vol.2 >>>>>any Jay z album
 8 years ago '09        #111
markee 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,528 | Props total: 113 113
Its funny how under wikipedia, not ONE hip hop artist made it to the top selling albums worldwide.....ever.

but they do list Outkast as the highest album selling rap artist/group in the US.

Outkast Highest selling album by a rap artist - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below 11× platinum

Last edited by markee; 10-21-2009 at 12:44 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #112
Schavez98 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,363 | Props total: 1265 1265
I can't believe Beanie Sigel's last album sold almost as much as Rick Ross' last album. It had almost no promotion.

Last edited by Schavez98; 10-21-2009 at 01:11 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #113
dj_tameil 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 92 92
s**t man... Jarule & Dmx stayed outselling Jay-Z. Wtf! I miss the days of all that dope a.ss music! n*ggas can say what they want... but Jarule had s**t rockin' and had a few #1 hits on each album except that last one. He shoulda never fed into the beef cuz 50 wasnt f**kin with Ja back then.
 8 years ago '08        #114
RoyaL CraCk 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,922 | Props total: 1909 1909
 Peterparker said:
you and the other 2 white posters should shut tha f**k up..I'm not youngster by any means..Pauls boutique is one of the most important hip hop albums to white audience..most black kids were not hipped to Beastie Boys...the label and the media pushed them boys cuz they were one of the first if not the first jewish acts n Hip-hop..doesn't mean they were dope cuz to me they were not dope..and if they were 3 black kids making the same music then they would have been just another group comin out of Def Jam..but being they were 3 jewish kids w/ a punk rock sound n some basic hip-hop lyrics the media blew them wayy tha f**k up

I have several cousins and uncles n a pops who witnessed hip-hop when it was baby.. none of them was jammin beastie boys..just cuz MTV played there s**t 24/7 didn't mean s**t to the audience who was there from day 1 not some bandwagon consumers at the time

all that s**t is politics straight up n down..I remember n the 80's going to my cousin house n he had RUN DMC/EPMD/LL Cool J/Public Enemy posters all over the wall..he had all there albums..not once did I see or hear nething about beastie boys..ever

Eminem stan is more important to hip-hop then ne beastie boys material..
i agree whole heartily
 8 years ago '04        #115
dj_tameil 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 92 92
 Peterparker said:
bulls**t..a man can only do so much..the public started getting tired of Ja..then along came 50 to add masive salt to the wound..when Ja was doing pop corn candy music I never liked that bulls**t..that cater to tha white surburbs n tha females

tha only song I did like around tha time was "always on time" tha hook was kinda catchy.. even tho tha rapper was wack n tha singer couldn't sing
U f**kin buggin' following everything that everybody else says! Every dj that I'm cool with across the United States gives the same story... U can still play old Jarule s**t and the crowd be rockin' to it. U cant do the same with old 50 s**t.... hardly 3 old 50 joints still rock in the clubs.... and his new s**t doesnt rock in the clubs at all! 50 is my dude and all... he funny as hell, but he only started doin the same exact s**t that he so hated Jarule for doing. Whenever I dj'ed events involing Jarule they showed him mad love. Cant say the same for 50 or anybody else in G-unit cuz everytime I did or was at an event they were at... n*ggas was throwin' bottles and s**t at them or chasin' them outta there. Like I said... n*ggas can say what they want but I know what I see and experience with my own eyes when I dj across the country.
 8 years ago '04        #116
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
 Schavez98 said:
I can't believe Beanie Sigel's last album sold almost as much as Rick Ross' last album. It had almost no promotion.
Cuz beans is a real n*gga
 8 years ago '05        #117
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,385 | Props total: 488 488
dayum X, Jay, Luda, & Ja was k!llin s**t...
 8 years ago '05        #118
_Player2 208 heat pts208
space
space
$13,407 | Props total: 9256 9256
 meercy said:
dayum X, Jay, Luda, & Ja was k!llin s**t...
While EPMD, 3rd Bass and Slick Rick "flopped"
 8 years ago '04        #119
caboloon 196 heat pts196
space
space
$4,109 | Props total: 894 894
Jay-z , DMX , Ja Rule, LudacISS and ll cool j are the best selling artists on defjam
 8 years ago '08        #120
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,123 | Props total: 2683 2683
you can see the industry is dying. s**t.
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Jadeveon Clowney Calls Blake Bortles 'Trash' After Jaguars' Win
54 comments
18 hours ago