Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-16-2009, 08:18 AM         #21
C-Murduh187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
s**t, I always went with if a person doesn't dribble the ball and takes three steps or more, then it's traveling. I mean two steps is ok, I always thought it's been allowed. But the ref's should know when a person takes too many steps because it takes a person to walk when they take three or more steps...

But about that hop step, I always thought it would be travel if you jump off of one foot, come down on one foot and then the other, making it a complete three steps, thats a travel. You're supposed to jump off of one foot and bounce back on the floor on both feet making it a complete hop step... Some NBA players get away with that s**t though...
 10-16-2009, 10:03 AM         #22
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Might as well make it official since they do it all game anyway.
 8 years ago '05        #23
MATIX 
space
space
$7,987 | Props total: 68 68
you cant hop step and take two steps
 8 years ago '05        #24
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2

Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '05        #25
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12554 12554
People are saying LeBron this and LeBron that, but he's the least likely to benifit from this.

The guys who will benifit from this is players in the post.

Now your allowed to gather the ball in the post and take 2 steps. This means Dwight Howard will virtually be unstoppable, taking one step limited his mobility because his post game really wasn't the best, now he's able to take two he can simply just outmuscle and out quick guys even more. Along with Amare, and other bigs who have great speed and power in the post. I can only imagine what the Duncans,Boshs, and Gasol's will do who actually have legit moves, will be able to do now with more mobility. This is really lame, Stern is making the league easier and easier for these new age players. It's pretty sad.

Last edited by Hold That; 10-16-2009 at 10:44 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #26
KillaKell_01 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,601 | Props total: 41 41
they bout to start f**kin the game up....
 8 years ago '05        #27
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 A.O.™ said:
ok gotcha now...

so when your young your raised to take two steps for your layups, but in the NBA it was only 1 the whole time... LOL
i don't know who taught you how to ball but i've always been taught that once you gather, u only get one step after that. for instance, when driving right it'll be --> dribble, gather while your right foot is planted, then take a step with ur left foot which also is the foot you take off of.
 8 years ago '06        #28
youngskits718 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 16 16
Trying hard to get lebron a ring smh
 8 years ago '06        #29
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
lebron rule in effect f**k david stern
 10-16-2009, 11:06 AM         #30
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rubix said:
i don't know who taught you how to ball but i've always been taught that once you gather, u only get one step after that. for instance, when driving right it'll be --> dribble, gather while your right foot is planted, then take a step with ur left foot which also is the foot you take off of.
What you quoting me for? I'm not the only person here who was taught it was 2 steps...

When I played ball.. you drive you pick up your dribble and you got 2 steps, or a drop step.

thats why mofos be like "that n*gga took 3 steps" nobody ever said "travel, you took 2 steps"

Just like you can only double dribble after you get a rebound and go right back up..

This is basic s**t.. you think cause somebody taught you otherwise, your the only person in the world besides athletes that been playing basketball right.. s**t Lebron taught he could take 3 steps...
 8 years ago '05        #31
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 A.O.™ said:
What you quoting me for? I'm not the only person here who was taught it was 2 steps...

When I played ball.. you drive you pick up your dribble and you got 2 steps, or a drop step.

thats why mofos be like "that n*gga took 3 steps" nobody ever said "travel, you took 2 steps"

Just like you can only double dribble after you get a rebound and go right back up..

This is basic s**t.. you think cause somebody taught you otherwise, your the only person in the world besides athletes that been playing basketball right.. s**t Lebron taught he could take 3 steps...
people say "that's 3 steps - travel" instead of "travel you took 2 steps" because a lot of people count the gather as one "step" already so they think it's two "steps" to the basket..when in actuality, its a gather then one step. get what i'm saying? lebron gets caught gathering then taking two steps afterwards which is, or WAS, a travel but it's obvious he knows the rule because he only does this some of the time like when he did his "crab dribble" (which wasn't even a crab dribble). but 90% of the time, his drives to the basket are perfectly legal so don't tell me "lebron taught [sic] he could take 3 steps."

and wtf are you talking about "you can double dribble after a rebound?" lmao, what kind of retard basketball are you playing? if you mean being able to put the ball down with a hard dribble using both hands then k!lling the dribble and going straight up then yeah but that ain't a "double dribble." it would only be a double dribble if a player was to dribble the ball (with one or two hands) again after putting the ball down with both hands that but i've yet to see that.
 8 years ago '08        #32
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,814 | Props total: 3446 3446
Yall Lebron haters really need to give it up. They have always allowed 2 steps, their just putting it in writing now.

In March, NBA vice president of referee operations Joe Borgia told TrueHoop's Henry Abbott that referees had long been instructed to ignore the rulebook on this point and allow two steps.

Enforcement of the one-step rule has been hit-or-miss at every level of basketball. Archival footage shows NBA greats, from Magic Johnson and Pete Maravich to Bob Cousy and Julius Erving, getting away with two steps. Borgia, whose father was also an NBA official, said he cannot remember a time when NBA referees did not allow two steps.
 8 years ago '05        #33
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,392 | Props total: 4454 4454
Its not really a rule change. All they are doing is coordinating the rulebook with the actual way the play is called. guys won't be allowed to take '3 steps' nothing will change. Only the writing in the book
 8 years ago '04        #34
milan 
space
space
$840 | Props total: 159 159
i hope these nba 'traveling' rules don't make their way into ordinary pickup basketball :thumbsdow

also antoine walker should make a push to get back in the league, the gather two step was HIS move :)
 8 years ago '07        #35
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 tumtumstan said:
NBA players will be able to take two steps before they have to stop, pass or shoot this season.

The NBA has put into writing a rule allowing players on the move to gather the ball, after driving or catching it, and then take two steps. Throughout NBA history, the rulebook said players could take one step.
[/url]
This has BEEN happening in the game and I see it EVERY game I watch. Everyone does it. It's about time they made it legal cause it's a stupid rule that everyone abuses anyways. Seriously, go on YOUTUBE and find clips of players driving to the hoop. You'll see it time after time.
 8 years ago '09        #36
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
Wow... Oh well, these rules are for everybody not just Lebron, it will benefit everybody... s**t is going to be dumb as hell
 10-16-2009, 01:01 PM         #37
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so the NBA just made life easier for LeBron... o ok...
 8 years ago '04        #38
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
A Hop step is just that a Hop STEP, not TWO. After a hop step, you can not take anymore steps, period. You can not make a hop step after picking up your dribble and then taking one step. The hop step has to begin with your last dribble. LeBron is a traveling a.ss n*gga. at his stans always defending that move.
 8 years ago '05        #39
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,180 | Props total: 11743 11743
 A.O.™ said:

Right. I thot once u stop dribbling u get 2 steps to the basket. that how i been playing since Kindergarden
 8 years ago '09        #40
The Hatchett 
space
space
$924 | Props total: 7 7
 franchise said:
if the "crab dribble" is done correctly, its called a hop step or jump stop and is not traveling.

sick of every idiot saying crab dribble crab dribble crab dribble.
you a.ss hole it is 2 steps! and pass or shoot! 1 step and hold the ball. Now you can basically take 3 steps.. they f**king the game up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now