"But understand nothing was done for me " - Drake

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #21
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,916 | Props total: 1481 1481
do yall know how hard it is to grow up on a reality tv show and be such an star icon you have no friends? Who knows the sacrifice drizzy drake made for us to be blessed wit his music. dont you DARE act like you know what drake has been through
 10-15-2009, 07:22 PM         #22
Jerseyelite89  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you never have enough money..f**k it if he wanna say watever, take it all in stride
 10-15-2009, 07:30 PM         #23
IKeepsItTrill100  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Y'all are forgetting that he stole the hook to begin with, so...
 8 years ago '07        #24
Windigo 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,656 | Props total: 1114 1114
 hiphop4ever said:

[pic - click to view]

omg
 10-15-2009, 07:32 PM         #25
Rowe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1ironboy1 said:
hes half jewish not white. universal and all them BIG companys are owned by jews. jews stick 2gether.

??????????

Jew is a race now?
 8 years ago '06        #26
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,239 | Props total: 4815 4815
 Rowe said:
??????????

Jew is a race now?
same thing i was thinkin

and anyway to a real jew bein half a jew is worse than not being jewish at all
 8 years ago '07        #27
Three 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,050 | Props total: 1035 1035
So having a lead role on a television show = a hard life? Drake had the game given to him on a silver platter. What hardships did he go through...

I don't understand the "his mom ran away from home." How long did she run away for? I saw Drake in a youtube video asking his moms to make him a tuna sandwich.
If he was the only black dude in a racist school, then move away to where the n*ggas are at... wtf

[video - click to view]

Give me a story like that then i'll respect them

Drake is like that rappin n*gga from Rev Run that got a deal. he just had to walk in and be like "sign the contract b**ch." But Drake needed some skill, ill give him that. He just had so many connections that regulars n*ggas dont have. If the playing field was even no one would care about him

/rant
 10-15-2009, 07:55 PM         #28
kingz21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait so how is DRAKE FAKE WTF HOW IS HE A FRAUD. NAH I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS, NOT ONCE HAS HE SAID HE WAS STREET OR HOOD, OR HE STRUGGLED SELLINGS DRUGS, HE HAS BEEN HONEST FROM DAY ONE, THAT ONE LINE CAN MEAN ANYTHING WOW YALL TAKE IT SO LITERALLY THATS HOW I KNOW U HATE DRAKE. IF U WANT TO TALK ABOUT FRAUDS TALK ABOUT LIL WAYNE OR RICK ROSS. DOES DRAKE CLAIM TO BE A GANGBANGER OR DRUG DEALER, SO JUST BECAUSE HE WAS WEALTHY AT A YOUNG AGE MEANS UR A FRAUD AND U CANT RAP, YOU IGNORANT HATERS HATE SEEING A BLACK MAN BECOME SUCCESSFUL.
 10-15-2009, 08:00 PM         #29
Lungs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let me show what it is

i was born up top but was raised at the bottom of the map

where the girls are thick and the hottest n*ggas rap

if you looking for the goods then we go it in the trap

see he say he be in the trap slanging them things
 8 years ago '07        #30
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,322 | Props total: 1109 1109
Drake was ok until he got the push from mainstream... n*ggas talkin bout he had connections but I dont think people realize how deep in the industry he already was anyways.. Dudes family is in the industry so he aint have to do s**t.. it was just a time thing...
 8 years ago '06        #31
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,966 | Props total: 3474 3474
 Lungs said:
I don't get it? Drake is a half white dude from an incredibly nice suburb in Toronto who was given a part on a popular teen drama show and because of that exposure was given a record deal without ever having to come up through the ranks or struggle with anything

but "nothing was done" for him? how he act like he had a difficult life and clawed his way to the top on some "Lose Yourself" type s**t?

what was done for him?

he talking about memorizing his degrassi lines? i guess he did do that on his own. but everything else seems like it was pretty much done for him entirely
Your just making a.ssumptions.

....when did Drake ever say "he had a difficult life and clawed his way to the top on some "Lose Yourself" type s**t" ?

Obviously Drake had it easier then the normal artist but at the same time HE had talents and abilities to push himself over the top. No one made Drake the artist who he is today...Drake made himself.....Check up the rest to a good promotion team and manger...

Last edited by 01seay; 10-15-2009 at 08:14 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #32
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
 Three said:
So having a lead role on a television show = a hard life? Drake had the game given to him on a silver platter. What hardships did he go through...

I don't understand the "his mom ran away from home." How long did she run away for? I saw Drake in a youtube video asking his moms to make him a tuna sandwich.
If he was the only black dude in a racist school, then move away to where the n*ggas are at... wtf

Give me a story like that then i'll respect them

Drake is like that rappin n*gga from Rev Run that got a deal. he just had to walk in and be like "sign the contract b**ch." But Drake needed some skill, ill give him that. He just had so many connections that regulars n*ggas dont have. If the playing field was even no one would care about him

/rant
he explains most of his hardships in this song

[video - click to view]

i mean of course he aint from no projects but he had his fair share of ups and downs
 8 years ago '04        #33
Thangstah 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,377 | Props total: 81 81
 Lungs said:
and its not like im hating on him, i don't give a s**t

it's just funny that he has the nerve to release that s**t

it's like if somebody won the lotto and then went around to their boys yappin about how all the hard work and grinding finally paid off
if i won the lotto i'd be talkin doods up and down

f**k yall...why yall was hatin on me and doubtin...i was buyin lotto tickets biiitch
 8 years ago '07        #34
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
 kingz21 said:
wait so how is DRAKE FAKE WTF HOW IS HE A FRAUD. NAH I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS, NOT ONCE HAS HE SAID HE WAS STREET OR HOOD, OR HE STRUGGLED SELLINGS DRUGS, HE HAS BEEN HONEST FROM DAY ONE, THAT ONE LINE CAN MEAN ANYTHING WOW YALL TAKE IT SO LITERALLY THATS HOW I KNOW U HATE DRAKE. IF U WANT TO TALK ABOUT FRAUDS TALK ABOUT LIL WAYNE OR RICK ROSS. DOES DRAKE CLAIM TO BE A GANGBANGER OR DRUG DEALER, SO JUST BECAUSE HE WAS WEALTHY AT A YOUNG AGE MEANS UR A FRAUD AND U CANT RAP, YOU IGNORANT HATERS HATE SEEING A BLACK MAN BECOME SUCCESSFUL.
:applause:
 8 years ago '04        #35
kingcrump 1 heat pts
space
space
$940 | Props total: 0 0
I rarely post on here anymore due to this bs, but yea.

American Jews are white, so dude is half white. Which means what? Because his mom is white he had an easy life? Please.

And I'd guess that he had a hard time getting a deal initially because he had to shake the image of wheelchair Jimmy. He was unsigned for a minute, and Comeback Season went hard as f**k.

End of the day he's a talented dude. I can't really listen to his music much anymore cuz the whole Wayne influence kinda f**ked it up for me, but dude puts in work.
 10-15-2009, 08:46 PM         #36
c_vlasak  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ima say what he means by that is with his rap career. he had alot of barriers to cross coming off degrassi and dudes were clowning him. no one gave him respect as real rapper in till he started dropping consistently good material. that's how i'd interpret it. but i mean w/e it's a hot hook.
 8 years ago '05        #37
KleinBaller 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,264 | Props total: 2 2
I don't get it? Drake is a half white dude from an incredibly nice suburb in Toronto who was given a part on a popular teen drama show and because of that exposure was given a record deal without ever having to come up through the ranks or struggle with anything

but "nothing was done" for him? how he act like he had a difficult life and clawed his way to the top on some "Lose Yourself" type s**t?

what was done for him?

he talking about memorizing his degrassi lines? i guess he did do that on his own. but everything else seems like it was pretty much done for him entirely
You have no idea what you are talking about. You are purely making this topic so that you can be "that guy" that made a topic that "proved" that Drake is a phony and then get off to the fact that you had some people reply and agree with you.

First, the fact that he was on Degrassi was a hindrance to him. On the show he played a rich kid in a wheelchair in a school of a majority of white kids. Not too add it was a teen drama. How many teen drama actors or teen celebrities you know that are involved in multi-million dollar bidding wars? None. Labels weren't really looking to sign him due to that. Don't forget he dropped Replacement Girl and it bombED. Not too add he had the Comeback Season and Room for Improvement mixtapes which not many people knew about at the time they came out.

He struggled to create his own buzz, but he ended up creating that buzz by getting a strong team together, and making smart moves to create that buzz, and he created one of the biggest buzzes in recent hip-hop history.

Now stop reaching and saying he's trying to say he had a difficult life and clawed his way to the top. It's 6 words in a hook that he didn't even write, and the song has nothing to do with those 6 words for the most part.

You're not about to be a Boxden celebrity. You're just another idiot that made another Drake topic just to try and stir up controversy and get noticed. Please stop trying.
 8 years ago '07        #38
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
 hiphop4ever said:

[pic - click to view]

lmfaoooo
 10-15-2009, 09:40 PM         #39
Lungs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KleinBaller said:
You have no idea what you are talking about. You are purely making this topic so that you can be "that guy" that made a topic that "proved" that Drake is a phony and then get off to the fact that you had some people reply and agree with you.

First, the fact that he was on Degrassi was a hindrance to him. On the show he played a rich kid in a wheelchair in a school of a majority of white kids. Not too add it was a teen drama. How many teen drama actors or teen celebrities you know that are involved in multi-million dollar bidding wars? None. Labels weren't really looking to sign him due to that. Don't forget he dropped Replacement Girl and it bombED. Not too add he had the Comeback Season and Room for Improvement mixtapes which not many people knew about at the time they came out.

He struggled to create his own buzz, but he ended up creating that buzz by getting a strong team together, and making smart moves to create that buzz, and he created one of the biggest buzzes in recent hip-hop history.

Now stop reaching and saying he's trying to say he had a difficult life and clawed his way to the top. It's 6 words in a hook that he didn't even write, and the song has nothing to do with those 6 words for the most part.

You're not about to be a Boxden celebrity. You're just another idiot that made another Drake topic just to try and stir up controversy and get noticed. Please stop trying.
woah you be staying all up under his nuts
 8 years ago '07        #40
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
 MissLoveOne said:
So, just because that was 50's story and he decided to talk about it. Doesn't make him any better or worse. It just happened to be something that happened to him. And C murder was just plain stupid. His family already aquired money and things better in life. He went and messed himself up, over some dumb street crap that he did not have to do (he k!lled a teenager over nothing). Now he got a life sentence. If anything, that's what you don't want to follow. It doesn't make these people any better or worse than Drake. It just happens to be their story.

They call it entertainment for a reason. Drake is an entertainer, he's not meant to be taken literal.
This is hip-hop...not a movie. If I wanted to hear actors I would go to the theaters. Not saying every rapper I listen to did 100% of the s**t they spit...but I don't want a dude claiming to be something totally different then what he is. I'm not even knockin on this song...im just talking in general.

Last edited by kakish; 10-15-2009 at 09:44 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
23 hours ago