Sprint Now Replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
135 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
286 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
17062 pageviews
156 comments

deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
Sprint Now Replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2

got this from another forum just a heads up for those sprint guys out there that wanna get the tp2 but sprint wants almost 400 for it lol

Just thought I would let everyone know that I took my Touch Pro in for an insurance replacement due to problems. I was told that Sprint is trying to eliminate the Atouch Pro because of the high failure rate. For this reason they are not giving out refurbed Touch Pros anymore....but instead are upgrading people to the Touch Pro 2 instead. My new Touch Pro 2 will be available for pickup tomorrow
Yup its true!! A friend of mine told me about this yesterday. At first i was like....yea right, but then i called ashtin communications (sprint repair store) and i told them i was having problems with my touch pro. The guy at ashtin communications told me who ever brings in a defective touch pro with insurance will have 5 different phones to choose from for a replacement ....i dont remember what other phones he mentioned....thats because i was waiting to hear one phone in particular....TOUCH PRO 2!!!!

I was on my 4th touch pro!!! I think like 1 or 2 times i had to pay a $100 deductible.....and now i have a free brand spankin new touch pro 2
o chime in and back the OP, its all TRUE! I'm a Corporate Sprint Sales and Service Tech and we have the green light to exchange the TP for a New TP, Refurb/New TP2 as long as there is no signs of physical (liquid, cracks, fire) damage(depends on whats available for us to order). Its reported that the TP has a worst failure rate than the Gen 1 Instinct and Sprint rather get rid of the TP for the more stable TP2.

@ MrFett79 -Post 17-
Understandable that you are skeptical of this but heres a few points:
1. Sprints is making a big play into the Android game, ex. HTC Hero and Samsung Moment

2. With the now focused Customer Service and Retention drive, its not worth it to continue to tell a customer their 5th refurb TP should be ok and they should not experience anymore problems.

3. At this point due to the high failure rate, its cost Sprint more to pay me to replace the keyboard and screen than it does to just swap you into a new TP2. I can service 2-3 more customers and have their issue(s) addressed in that time.

4. If someone doesnt like the increase in size of the TP2, then giving them a brand new will 9 times out 10 keep them happy and Sprint can reduce the amount of new TP sitting in the warehouse collecting dust.

So YES, we are exchanging Brand New TP2's for TP's and best of all you dont have to come in hollering, cussing and acting crazy, just lets us know that you are having issues and thats really all it takes. I personally did 2 this evening myself, 1st one for being his 3rd TP and the 2nd one(i'm not even gonna lie), the woman was just BEAUTIFUL! Please understand that you may have to wait for it to come in but hey FREE Upgrade to TP2 is WELL worth it.
good luck sprint people too bad they overcharge for the phone i got mines free with Verizon post here if u guys try it and you find this to be true...the touch pro 2 is a BEAST...

156 comments for "Sprint Now Replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2"

10-10-2009, 12:06 PM         #2
tHE dEFiNiTi0N 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im waitin 4 the HTC Hero
 8 years ago '05        #3
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,478 | Props total: 2826 2826
YES!!!!!!!!! bout to intentionally f**k up this touch pro to get that TP2
Posted via Mobile Device
 10-10-2009, 02:06 PM         #4
ĐρЗŘ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is exactly how I got my Touch Pro in the first place. My mogul's keyboard was acting up so sprint exchanged it for a brand new Touch pro through insurance.

My touch Pro's keyboard got a key acting up, so I'ma see if I can get a TP2 out of it..
Gotta love insurance. Good looking.
 8 years ago '04        #5
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89 OP
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
good luck man let me know if u have any luck i'd like to let everybody i know wit sprint know so they can cop a tp2 its the s**t
 10-10-2009, 02:13 PM         #6
ĐρЗŘ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apparently, you will only get offered a Touch Pro 2 if you visit a store and show to their satisfaction that the unit is not repairable...
 8 years ago '06        #7
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 6 6
According to some ppl on PPCGeeks the Sprint warehouse is out of TP2's already. It looks like people jumped on this instantly.

Called and he was happy to replace with TP or TP2. TP2 out of stock, TP just about gone. Says to try back and they will have to send a TP2 out. so daily calls here i go.
 10-10-2009, 10:31 PM         #8
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i should do this even tho im gonna get a Hero
 8 years ago '06        #9
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,345 | Props total: 1423 1423
Thanks I been waiting for this to pop off. Holla back
 8 years ago '05        #10
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,989 | Props total: 10685 10685
Lost my phone tonight in the club....:angry12:

Hopefullt they will send me a TP2...
 8 years ago '06        #11
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
Just got off the phone with customer care. The rep told me that we are in fact able to get the phone replace with ones mentioned in the list. But they are currently out of tps and do not know when they will get some more. The rep offered to call me back on wednesday and let me know if they are in stock or not. If so, they will glady order it but if not I have the option to get another phone from the list , a replacement tp, or continue waiting.
 10-12-2009, 09:00 AM         #12
Don Peru 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bookerx3 said:
Just got off the phone with customer care. The rep told me that we are in fact able to get the phone replace with ones mentioned in the list. But they are currently out of tps and do not know when they will get some more. The rep offered to call me back on wednesday and let me know if they are in stock or not. If so, they will glady order it but if not I have the option to get another phone from the list , a replacement tp, or continue waiting.
whats the other options?
 8 years ago '06        #13
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
 Don Peru said:
whats the other options?
Below is the list of phones available for switch.

HTC S511 Snap
HTC Touch Pro2
Blackberry Tour 9630
Treo 850 Pro
8330 Tit Chpst Ref
Rim BB 8330 Red
Rim BB 8330 Red Ref
Rim BB 8330 Titanium
Rim BB 8330 Tit Ref
Rim BB 8330A Inferno
 10-12-2009, 03:04 PM         #14
Nutty2003 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As everyone has already said,

Went in today, explained my phone's sprint radio was dead, after a small back and forth they were willing to order me a TP2, but of course it's back ordered, after they realized i knew what i was talking about they were more than willing to offer to check each morning for me on a replacement, hopefully stock becomes available in a timely manner
 8 years ago '05        #15
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 bookerx3 said:
Below is the list of phones available for switch.
Not bad.. I might have to look into this s**t and maybe even get a Blackberry if theyre outta Touch Pro 2s. Im tired of my TP
 8 years ago '06        #16
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
 Nutty2003 said:
As everyone has already said,

Went in today, explained my phone's sprint radio was dead, after a small back and forth they were willing to order me a TP2, but of course it's back ordered, after they realized i knew what i was talking about they were more than willing to offer to check each morning for me on a replacement, hopefully stock becomes available in a timely manner
If they do call and let you know when they are in stock, could you kindly come back in here and let me know. I am not trying to call back everyday and have my open ticket get messed up or anything.

I am watching other forums as well to try and see if anybody else makes a post saying it is restocked. We need to keep each other informed because I am sure they are going to continue to fly out the warehouse now that this policy is in effect.
 8 years ago '06        #17
quintan 
space
space
$1,558 | Props total: 3 3
yea have anybody on bx got theres yet i went n to the sprint store yesterday they told me they was gone order me another tp :angry12:
 10-12-2009, 06:42 PM         #18
Nutty2003 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bookerx3 said:
If they do call and let you know when they are in stock, could you kindly come back in here and let me know. I am not trying to call back everyday and have my open ticket get messed up or anything.

I am watching other forums as well to try and see if anybody else makes a post saying it is restocked. We need to keep each other informed because I am sure they are going to continue to fly out the warehouse now that this policy is in effect.
For sure, I'll definately let ya know when i hear something

quintan said:
yea have anybody on bx got theres yet i went n to the sprint store yesterday they told me they was gone order me another tp :angry12:
see, this is what they tried pulling with me upfront, I explained i knew that i had the options of 7 phones to choose from and that I wanted the tp2, the woman shut her mouth and looked it up, then she turned into my friend when she realized i wasnt some dumbass that she was gonna tell me what i was getting
 8 years ago '06        #19
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
 quintan said:
I would not go back and try this yet until we know that the warehouse is restocked. When I went to my local dealer they also did not offer to order me a tp2. So I called customer care and explained my issues to them and that I just left the dealer and still had problems. They said they would send me out a tp2 if it were in stock. So we just have to wait because nobody at the moment is getting tp2 unless they had there order in before the warehouse ran out.
 10-12-2009, 06:51 PM         #20
TheLegazY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok, what if it doesnt have problems and the back has a crack on it ;)
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
102 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
58 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
14 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
211 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy