Oct 9 - Barack Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
47 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-09-2009, 01:14 PM         #101
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PabloDiablo said:
1. i dont see why we gotta talk about mlk's prize, cant we just talk about obama's?

2. martin is a whole other discussion, i feel he had done more by the time he won it than obama has.

3. even if mlk hadnt done enough, but still won it, doesnt mean that obama should also win it. the prize is losing its validity, gore shouldnt have won it either.
We are talking about Obama's in relation to King's... A perfectly valid comparison.

You are choosing to ignore the facts that the country was being turned upside down, and racial tension and violence were at all time highs when King won the award...

So this concept that the job has to be done, or the concrete results need to be shown before the award is given out is ridiculous...

Progress is being made... And it is being seen all across the world.

That's why he won the award.

Just like you are now, I can't even imagine how many americans were sitting back and spitting on the award when King won it, because all he was doin was stirring up trouble and getting out of line.

And I always find it funny how people who have nothing to do with a certain field, sit back and speak down on how awards are given out... Like seriously, and no offense, but who the f**k are You, or Me, to speak on how the Nobel Committe gives the Peace Prize to???? They probably know what they are talking about more than us don't they?...

Only difference between now and Obama getting it, and the 60's and King getting it, is now there is the internet... And everyone with an opinion is going to air it. No matter how uninformed it is.
 8 years ago '04        #102
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 Illstreet said:
Congratulations to Mr. Obama...

A lotta of hate for him at every corner... The Black folks are mad at him because he's not radical enough and he isn't all for the black agenda... The White Folks are mad at him because he's too liberal and he's doing too much for the people with nothing...

Yall really should get together and find a common view, and print up some t-shirts and s**t.

Mr. Obama has created a new view of America and it's possiblities all thought out the globe. He has already regained some of the respect that many believed we could never regain in the global community after Bush. People are talking, who probably swore they'd never speak again. That's why he got the award.

Let that man's d*ck breathe. f**k.
Says who? And how has he done that? Making some feel good speeches isn't s**t. As it stands right now no troops have been brought home and none will be, they've just relocated. "created a new view of America"........turn off MSNBC, your idol hasn't done s**t besides make a few motivational speeches and spend trillions of dollars.

Maroon_Tiger said:
DUDE... do you remember the effect he had on the world DURING HIS CAMPAIGN!??!

do you see the impact that he has made on the world thus far?!?!?!

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BARACK OBAMA DUDE.... thats one hellova person... you might not realize it yet.. but barack is MAJOR

I DONT CARE HOW STRONG THE FIELD is.... anybody who takes out HILLARY CLINTON as a new kid on the block has to be EXTREMELY GIFTED... i'd put barack high in any list, any year... hes gonna have a hellova presidency at the end of his 2 terms
Dude, do you work in the White House?

And what did he do when he took out Clinton? He put that b**ch, along with Robert Gates in his cabinet.
 10-09-2009, 01:18 PM         #103
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gattsau said:
@ noone being able to give a good reason why he deserved and noone is being able to make a case on why someone else deserved it
Posted via Mobile Device
I believe I have made my case...

The man has brought people to the table, and has them talking... People whom hate each other, and most likely at one time or another have sworn to never speak with those people as long as they live.

And Obama has done it, as the President of the Unites States of America, as position that has been seen globally as a joke for quite some time now.

The fact that Obama has all of this taking place so quickly, and people taking it seriously so fast, is quite an accomplishment for someone who represents the United States at this time.

We went from being a complete Joke to the world, to being taken very seriously. In 9 Months.

Who else could have done that?... Exactly.

That's why Obama won the award.
 8 years ago '09        #104
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 Illstreet said:
We are talking about Obama's in relation to King's... A perfectly valid comparison.

You are choosing to ignore the facts that the country was being turned upside down, and racial tension and violence were at all time highs when King won the award...

So this concept that the job has to be done, or the concrete results need to be shown before the award is given out is ridiculous...

Progress is being made... And it is being seen all across the world.

That's why he won the award.

Just like you are now, I can't even imagine how many americans were sitting back and spitting on the award when King won it, because all he was doin was stirring up trouble and getting out of line.

And I always find it funny how people who have nothing to do with a certain field, sit back and speak down on how awards are given out... Like seriously, and no offense, but who the f**k are You, or Me, to speak on how the Nobel Committe gives the Peace Prize to???? They probably know what they are talking about more than us don't they?...

Only difference between now and Obama getting it, and the 60's and King getting it, is now there is the internet... And everyone with an opinion is going to air it. No matter how uninformed it is.

we are the international community thats who we are.

so now im spitting on the award? far from it, again, for the millionth time, im merely questioning whether he has done enough to deserve it. that in no way equates to me spitting on the award.
 10-09-2009, 01:23 PM         #105
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
Says who? And how has he done that? Making some feel good speeches isn't s**t. As it stands right now no troops have been brought home and none will be, they've just relocated. "created a new view of America"........turn off MSNBC, your idol hasn't done s**t besides make a few motivational speeches and spend trillions of dollars.
So now it's all the Media right?...

I guess the Nobel Committee watches Keith Olberman every night...

Naw, don't trust them in knowing who's making moves in the world... I'm gonna trust you.

I know folks from around the world. They tell me about how the mood towards America has changed dramatically in the past year.

My Cousin and his wife are Foriegn Diplomats... And we talk weekly. They alone express how much their Job has changed since being under Bush, to now... And how much more willing people are to talk and work together.

These are the truths. You can ignore the progress all you want, but it isn't going to change reality. The world is changing, and there is nothing you can do about it. That must suck.

Last edited by Illstreet; 10-09-2009 at 01:29 PM..
 10-09-2009, 01:27 PM         #106
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PabloDiablo said:
we are the international community thats who we are.

so now im spitting on the award? far from it, again, for the millionth time, im merely questioning whether he has done enough to deserve it. that in no way equates to me spitting on the award.
But you are questioning it on what merits?

This is not meant to be offensive, but seriously, who are you to question it? What do you know about working towards peace in a hostile world?

It's like these southern politicians who know nothing about science, but say that Global Warming doesn't exist.

It's like a 5 year old child talking about how to fill out a Tax form.

It's like a guy who makes Sub sandwiches for a living coming to your job and telling you how to do it, because he doesn't like what you're doing...

You, someone who knows nothing giving such an award, are critsizing how they gave out the award...

How ridiculous is that?... Think about it.

Last edited by Illstreet; 10-09-2009 at 01:30 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #107
HUDA2daF 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,530 | Props total: 7654 7654
funny how yall get hurt cuz he won then say it dont mean anything anything.... why yall mad again?
 10-09-2009, 01:29 PM         #108
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
So now it's all the Media right?...

I guess the Nobel Committee watches Keith Olberman every night...

Naw, don't trust them in knowing who's making moves in the world... I'm gonna trust you.

I know folks from around the world. They tell me about how the mood towards America has changed dramatically in the past year.

My Cousi and his wife are Foriegn Diplomats... And we talk weekly. They alone express how much their Job has changed since being under Bush, to now... And how much more willing people are to talk and work together.

These are the truths. You can ignore the progress all you want, but it isn't going to change reality. The world is changing, and there is nothing you can do about it. That must suck.
you, your cousin, and his wife = not so smart.
 10-09-2009, 01:31 PM         #109
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 currybai said:
you, your cousin, and his wife = not so smart.
Right...

Foriegn Diplomats don't know what is going on in the world... A kid who posts on Boxden does.
 8 years ago '09        #110
space
space
 Illstreet said:
But you are questioning it on what merits?

This is not meant to be offensive, but seriously, who are you to question it? What do you know about working towards peace in a hostile world?

It's like these southern politicians who know nothing about science, but say that Global Warming doesn't exist.

It's like a 5 year old child talking about how to fill out a Tax form.

It's like a guy who makes Sub sandwiches for a living coming to your job and telling you how to do it, because he doesn't like what you're doing...

You, someone who knows nothing giving such an award, are critsizing how they gave out the award...

How ridiculous is that?... Think about it.

i know about former nobel prize winners, i know what they did. you are saying i know nothing about the award when thats not the case. you can look at the accomplishments of past winners and realize quite easily that the standards have been lowered.

Teddy Roosevelt got the award for getting Russia and Japan to end their war with the Portsmith Treaty

Woodrow Wilson got the award for the Treaty of Versaille

Jimmy Carter got his 20 years after the camp david accords

Ghandi Never Got one

thats like telling me since im not in the nfl or in the sports industry i cant disagree with a certain player winning rookie of the year or mvp or something.
 8 years ago '09        #111
space
space
 HUDA2daF said:
funny how yall get hurt cuz he won then say it dont mean anything anything.... why yall mad again?
stop confusing questioning whether his accomplishments are enough to receive the prize with being "mad"
 10-09-2009, 01:43 PM         #112
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gattsau said:
Foreign diplomats to what country?

And foreign diplomats really aren't that smart my neghibor is one...dude doesn't know s**t
Posted via Mobile Device
They are currently working in Bolivia... A goverment that is very non-friendly to America right now, and blame everything on The United States. But even work there has gotten easier.

They have formerely been stationed in Kenya, and several other places that I won't divulge.

They are not stupid by any means. He is a former Fulbright Scholar and Gradute of George Washington University(he graduated high in his class, might have been #1, I can't remember)... Her accomplishments I don't know as well... But they have both worked in the State Department... And he has worked in the White House in the Situation Room under Bush.

They know what they are talking about.

Last edited by Illstreet; 10-09-2009 at 01:49 PM..
 10-09-2009, 01:47 PM         #113
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PabloDiablo said:
i know about former nobel prize winners, i know what they did. you are saying i know nothing about the award when thats not the case. you can look at the accomplishments of past winners and realize quite easily that the standards have been lowered.

Teddy Roosevelt got the award for getting Russia and Japan to end their war with the Portsmith Treaty

Woodrow Wilson got the award for the Treaty of Versaille

Jimmy Carter got his 20 years after the camp david accords

Ghandi Never Got one

thats like telling me since im not in the nfl or in the sports industry i cant disagree with a certain player winning rookie of the year or mvp or something.
That's great, that you've read books, but more what I was getting at, was what do you know about creating peace in a hostile world?

And if you have never had this task, how can you truly say that you do or do not know what Obama has accomplished in getting these people together?

As to the sports anology, there are many people(as you can see with sportscasters especially), who believe that if you haven't played the game, that your opinion is lesser and shouldn't be taken as seriously.
 10-09-2009, 01:53 PM         #114
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
They are currently working in Bolivia... A goverment that is very non-friendly to America right now, and blame everything on The United States. But even work there has gotten easier.

They have formerely been stationed in Kenya, and several other places that I won't divulge.

They are not stupid by any means. He is a former Fulbright Scholar and Gradute of George Washington University(he graduated high in his class, might have been #1, I can't remember)... Her accomplishments I don't know as well... But they have both worked in the State Department... And he has worked in the White House in the Situation Room under Bush.

They know what they are talking about.
so what my uncle a high ranking official in the chinese government, and he says f**k obama nd his peace prize
 8 years ago '09        #115
space
space
 Illstreet said:
That's great, that you've read books, but more what I was getting at, was what do you know about creating peace in a hostile world?

And if you have never had this task, how can you truly say that you do or do not know what Obama has accomplished in getting these people together?

As to the sports anology, there are many people(as you can see with sportscasters especially), who believe that if you haven't played the game, that your opinion is lesser and shouldn't be taken as seriously.

so what your saying is that since ive never been in charge of creating peace in a hostile world i should have no opinion on people winning what should be the most prestigious award in the world?

well i highly disagree with you.

and im done with this s**t its going nowhere.

10-09-2009, 01:54 PM         #116
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
By the way, information on The Nobel Prize Nomination and Selection Process:

Compared with some other prizes, the Prize nomination and selection process is long and rigorous. This is a key reason why the Prizes have grown in importance over the years to become the most important prizes in their field.[8]

The Nobel laureates are selected by their respective Nobel Committees. For the Prizes in Physics, Chemistry and Economics, a committee consists of five members elected by The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences; for the Prize in Literature, a committee of four to five members of the Swedish Academy; for the Prize in Physiology or Medicine, the committee consists of five members selected by The Nobel a.ssembly, which consists of 50 members elected by Karolinska Institutet; for the Peace Prize, the Norwegian Nobel Committee consists of five members elected by the Norwegian Storting (the Norwegian parliament).[9] In its first stage, several thousand people are asked to nominate candidates. These names are scrutinized and discussed by experts in their specific disciplines until only the winners remain. This slow and thorough process is arguably what gives the prize its importance. Despite this, there have been questionable awards and questionable omissions over the prize's century-long history.

Forms, which amount to a personal and exclusive invitation, are sent to about three thousand selected individuals to invite them to submit nominations. For the peace prize, inquiries are sent to such people as governments of states, members of international courts, professors and rectors at university level, former Peace Prize laureates, current or former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, among others. The Norwegian Nobel Committee then bases its a.ssessment on nominations sent in before 3 February.[10] The submission deadline for nominations for Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature and Economics is 31 January.[11] Self-nominations and nominations of deceased people are disqualified.

The names of the nominees are never publicly announced, and neither are they told that they have been considered for the Prize. Nomination records are sealed for 50 years.[12] In practice, some nominees do become known. It is also common for publicists to make such a claim, founded or not.

After the deadline has passed, the nominations are screened by committee, and a list is produced of approximately 200 preliminary candidates. This list is forwarded to selected experts in the relevant field. They remove all but approximately 15 names. The committee submits a report with recommendations to the appropriate institution. The a.ssembly for the Physiology or Medicine Prize, for example, has 50 members. The institution members then select prize winners by vote.

The selection process varies slightly between the different disciplines. The Literature Prize is rarely awarded to more than one person per year, whereas other Prizes now often involve collaborators of two or three.

While posthumous nominations are not permitted, awards can occur if the individual died in the months between the nomination and the decision of the prize committee. The scenario has occurred twice: the 1931 Literature Prize of Erik Axel Karlfeldt, and the 1961 Peace Prize to UN Secretary General Dag Hammarskjöld. As of 1974, laureates must be alive at the time of the October announcement. There has been one laureate— William Vickrey (1996, Economics)— who died after the prize was announced but before it could be presented.
[edit] Recognition time lag

Nobel's will provides for prizes to be awarded in recognition for discoveries made "during the preceding year", and for the first years of the awards, the discoveries recognized were recent. However, some awards were made for discoveries that were later discredited.[citation needed] Taking the discrediting of a recognized discovery as an embarrassment, the awards committees began to recognize scientific discoveries that had withstood the test of time, in violation of the letter but not the spirit of Nobel's will.

The interval between the accomplishment of the achievement being recognized and the awarding of the Nobel Prize for it varies from discipline to discipline. The prizes in Literature are typically awarded to recognize a cumulative lifetime body of work rather than a single achievement. In this case the notion of "lag" does not directly apply. The prizes in Peace, on the other hand, are often awarded within a few years of the events they recognize. For instance, Kofi Annan was awarded the 2001 Peace Prize just four years after becoming the Secretary-General of the United Nations.

Awards in the scientific disciplines of physics, chemistry, and medicine require that the significance of achievements being recognized is "tested by time." In practice it means that the lag between the discovery and the award is typically on the order of 20 years and can be even longer. For example, Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar shared the 1983 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work on stellar structure and evolution from the 1930s. Unfortunately, not all scientists live long enough for their work to be recognized. Some important scientific discoveries are never considered for a Prize if the discoverers have died by the time the impact of their work is realized.
 10-09-2009, 01:55 PM         #117
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 currybai said:
so what my uncle a high ranking official in the chinese government, and he says f**k obama nd his peace prize
Is that right?...

So you mean to tell me that Communists don't like Obama?...

Geesh, someone should send a memo to Glenn Beck and Seah Hannity.
 8 years ago '04        #118
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,233 | Props total: 541 541
 Maroon_Tiger said:
HI HATER....

albeit, im a huge supporter of obama, but i would've rather preferred him to win this in 2011.... b/c this is gonna fuel the haters because obama's plans havent completed yet...

ALTHOUGH HE HAS DRASTICALLY IMPROVED international diplomacy.... george bush got a f**king shoes thrown at his a.ss... and started wars that the other leaders disproved of

but its really funny that the haters dont want him to win prizes like this, where he gets recognized for international diplomacy, but at the same time, they make conspiracy theories about NWO and illuminati and all that bulls**t...

haters get mad... obama is taking over... starting now
sounds like you have a huge mouth, cuz you stay having Obama and Peyton Manning's d*cks in your mouth, no wonder your name is MAROON
 10-09-2009, 01:59 PM         #119
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PabloDiablo said:
so what your saying is that since ive never been in charge of creating peace in a hostile world i should have no opinion on people winning what should be the most prestigious award in the world?

well i highly disagree with you.

and im done with this s**t its going nowhere.

No...

I'm saying that you know considerably less about the issue than the people who give out this award.

And if that's the case, then maybe you should think about that? Maybe that says something?
 10-09-2009, 02:00 PM         #120
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
Is that right?...

So you mean to tell me that Communists don't like Obama?...

Geesh, someone should send a memo to Glenn Beck and Seah Hannity.

democracy = communism = socialism = marxism under the guise of feorign nation building .

ask your cousin bout that, you wouldnt know anything.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
35 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
93 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
242 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy