Oct 9 - Barack Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #81
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 Illstreet said:
Oh naw, you made a very profound point...

Your point being that, you already were against the man before he even served a day as your President.

Says volumes about where you are coming from in this dicussion... So were not gonna continue this dicussion any further... Me and you I mean. Lets keep it to Giants football.

Peace

the shirt was a joke man, i didnt vote for the guy but im hoping he does well.

"my president is black" was on all sorts of tshirts around here, "my president is wack" was funny to me.

youre trying to read to deep into it.

and no i didnt vote for mccain either.
 8 years ago '09        #82
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
exactly i asked people in this thread name someone else deserving to win and they couldnt and the one person who did never even gave a reason why

i dont think that just because someone cant name someone better that it means we should just give it to obama.

s**t the year ghandi died, after having never got the prize, they didnt award it to anyone because they thought the field was too weak.

so that argument doesnt really work.
 8 years ago '09        #83
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
DUDE... do you remember the effect he had on the world DURING HIS CAMPAIGN!??!

do you see the impact that he has made on the world thus far?!?!?!

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BARACK OBAMA DUDE.... thats one hellova person... you might not realize it yet.. but barack is MAJOR

sorry dude im just not really seeing all these wonderful changes yet.
 8 years ago '09        #84
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
obama is NOT willing to singlehandedly take credit for this... he is a very important person and has participated/initiated alot of meetings with world leaders, but he is humbled to win the award... im sure alot of people said that when they won this award...

like someone said before, obama has put alot of work in... met with alot of world leaders... he has not started beef with other countries or adopted a tyrant attitude.. like our previous president..

im sure all the haters see obama do is talk on the lawn, talk about heath care or go on vacations/dinners with his family..

OBAMA PUTS IN THE WORK...he deserves this award, but i wish it were handed out to him 2 years from now, b/c haters are gonna raise the bar so high on his a.ss now, that any mistake he makes now is gonna be 100x as big....

is like drake winning a few grammies on his mixtape... how much pressure would his first album be if he got a grammy for so far gone!?!? how much pressure would he have for the rest of his career

thats a good comparison, because it would also be ridiculous to award someone a grammy before they even released an album.
 8 years ago '04        #85
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
Obama Drone 1 - Obama making history cuzzzzz

Obama Drone 2 - CHANGE MOTHERf**kA CHANGE!!!

Obama Drone 3 - Obama black son... he da man
 10-09-2009, 12:56 PM         #86
The Blueprint² 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bulls**t, must be due to all them tv appearances this n*gga making
Posted via Mobile Device
 10-09-2009, 12:57 PM         #87
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
By the way, here is Martin Luther King's Nobel acceptance speech:

I accept the Nobel Prize for Peace at a moment when twenty-two million Negroes of the United States of America are engaged in a creative battle to end the long night of racial injustice. I accept this award in behalf of a civil rights movement which is moving with determination and a majestic scorn for risk and danger to establish a reign of freedom and a rule of justice.

I am mindful that only yesterday in Birmingham, Alabama, our children, crying out for brotherhood, were answered with fire hoses, snarling dogs and even death. I am mindful that only yesterday in Philadelphia, Mississippi, young people seeing to secure the right to vote were brutalized and murdered. And only yesterday more than 40 houses of worship in the State of Mississippi alone were bombed or burned because they offered a sunctuary to those who would not accept segregation.

I am mindful that debilitating and grinding poverty afflicts my people and chains them to the lowest rung of the economic ladder.

Therefore, I must ask why this prize is awarded to a movement which is beleaguered and committed to unrelenting struggle; to a movement which has not won the very peace and brotherhood which is the essence of the Nobel Prize.

After contemplation, I conclude that this award which I receive on behalf of that movement is profound recognition that nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral question of our time -- the need for man to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to violence and oppression.

Civilization and violence are antithetical concepts. Negroes of the United States, following the people of India, have demonstrated that nonviolence is not sterile passivity, but a powerful moral force which makes for social transformation. Sooner or later all the people of the world will have to discover a way to live together in peace, and thereby transform this pending cosmic elegy into a creative psalm of brotherhood.

If this is to be achieved, man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. The tortuous road which has led from Montgomery, Alabama, to Oslo bears witness to this truth. This is a road over which millions of Negroes are travelling to find a new sense of dignity.

This same road has opened for all Americans a new ear of progress and hope. It has led to a new Civil Rights bill, and it will, I am convinced, be widened and lengthened into a superhighway of justice as Negro and white men in increasing numbers create alliances to overcome their common problems.

I accept this award today with an abiding faith in America and an audacious faith in the future of mankind. I refuse to accept despair as the final response to the ambiguities of history. I refuse to accept the idea that the "isness" of man's present nature makes him morally incapable of reaching up for the eternal "oughtness" that forever confronts him.

I refuse to accept the idea that man is mere flotsom and jetsom in the river of life unable to influence the unfolding events which surround him. I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality.

I refuse to accept the cynical notion that nation after nation must spiral down a militaristic stairway into the hell of thermonuclear destruction. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant.

I believe that even amid today's motor bursts and whining bullets, there is still hope for a brighter tomorrow. I believe that wounded justice, lying prostrate on the blood-flowing streets of our nations, can be lifted from this dust of shame to reign supreme among the children of men.

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds, and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits. I believe that what self-centered men have torn down, men other-centered can build up. I still believe that one day mankind will bow before the altars of God and be crowned triumphant over war and bloodshed, and nonviolent redemptive goodwill will proclaim the rule of the land.

"And the lion and the lamb shall lie down together and every man shall sit under his own vine and fig tree and none shall be afraid."

I still believe that we shall overcome.

This faith can give us courage to face the uncertainties of the future. It will give our tired feet new strength as we continue our forward stride toward the city of freedom. When our days become dreary with low-hovering clouds and our nights become darker than a thousand midnights, we will know that we are living in the creative turmoil of a genuine civilization struggling to be born.

Today I come to Oslo as a trustee, inspired and with renewed dedication to humanity. I accept this prize on behalf of all men who love peace and brotherhood. I say I come as a trustee, for in the depths of my heart I am aware that this prize is much more than an honor to me personally.

Every time I take a flight I am always mindful of the man people who make a successful journey possible -- the known pilots and the unknown ground crew.

So you honor the dedicated pilots of our struggle who have sat at the controls as the freedom movement soared into orbit. You honor, once again, Chief (Albert) Luthuli of South Africa, whose struggles with and for his people, are still met with the most brutal expression of man's inhumanity to man.

You honor the ground crew without whose labor and sacrifices the jet flights to freedom could never have left the earth.

Most of these people will never make the headlines and their names will not appear in Who's Who. Yet when years have rolled past and when the blazing light of truth is focused on this marvelous age in which we live -- men and women will know and children will be taught that we have a finer land, a better people, a more noble civilization -- because these humble children of God were willing to suffer for righteousness' sake.

I think Alfred Nobel would know what I mean when I say that I accept this award in the spirit of a curator of some precious heirloom which he holds in trust for its true owners -- all those to whom beauty is truth and truth beauty -- and in whose eyes the beauty of genuine brotherhood and peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold.

MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
Sounds like the situation was pretty f**ked up and progress was still in it's infancy stages doesn't it?
 8 years ago '09        #88
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
and how would you?!?! you think obama is gonna twitter about all of his meetings w/ world leaders and colleagues!?!?

good point, my only view of the world is through twitter.
 10-09-2009, 01:01 PM         #89
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PabloDiablo said:
thats a good comparison, because it would also be ridiculous to award someone a grammy before they even released an album.
No, it's not really a good comparison at all... It's actually a f**ken retarded comparrison.

We are comparing Drake and Grammys to Obama getting people in the Global Community to speak to each other who hate each others guts?...

Yall sound like you're 15 years old.
 10-09-2009, 01:01 PM         #90
The Blueprint² 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
yall have no idea how hard obama works... or the places he goes
Lol n*gga set a record for amount of tv interviews...f**k outta here.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '09        #91
space
space
 Illstreet said:
By the way, here is Martin Luther King's Nobel acceptance speech:

Sounds like the situation was pretty f**ked up and progress was still in it's infancy stages doesn't it?

1. i dont see why we gotta talk about mlk's prize, cant we just talk about obama's?

2. martin is a whole other discussion, i feel he had done more by the time he won it than obama has.

3. even if mlk hadnt done enough, but still won it, doesnt mean that obama should also win it. the prize is losing its validity, gore shouldnt have won it either.
 8 years ago '06        #92
SpeedLimits65 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,133 | Props total: 2 2
 Maroon_Tiger said:
real talk... I GUESS THE HATERS want to really FEEL/SMELL the impact of obama...JUST WAIT... give him 2-3 years and you'll be able to see and feel the changes...
this sums up what an inbred retard you truly are. this is EXACTLY what all the "haters" are trying to say. wait the 2-3 years for him to actually DO SOMETHING and then we can give him some bulls**t award. gtfoh.
 8 years ago '09        #93
space
space
 Illstreet said:
No, it's not really a good comparison at all... It's actually a f**ken retarded comparrison.

We are comparing Drake and Grammys to Obama getting people in the Global Community to speak to each other who hate each others guts?...

Yall sound like you're 15 years old.

well they are both supposed to reward people for their accomplishments.

basically my only point is i dont think obama has accomplished enough yet to garner recieving this award.

doesnt mean i hate obama, just means what i said.
 8 years ago '04        #94
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
"Americans will be able to leave behind the era of George W. Bush, D*ck Cheney and wiretaps without warrants" - Obama 1/8/08

Hmmm What's happening now?

Last edited by ---Max-Payne---; 10-09-2009 at 01:11 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #95
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4425 4425
 PabloDiablo said:
i dont think that just because someone cant name someone better that it means we should just give it to obama.

s**t the year ghandi died, after having never got the prize, they didnt award it to anyone because they thought the field was too weak.

so that argument doesnt really work.
i never even said he deserves it someone said there are 1000 people who should have one the award before him yet cant name one i just find it confusing name someone doing more right now to promote global peace
 8 years ago '04        #96
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
 Gattsau said:
@ noone being able to give a good reason why he deserved and noone is being able to make a case on why someone else deserved it
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe Paris Hilton should get one next time....
 8 years ago '04        #97
space
space
 The Blueprint² said:
Lol n*gga set a record for amount of tv interviews...f**k outta here.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't
Posted via Mobile Device
so talking to the american people and trying to explain what hes trying to do is a bad thing
 8 years ago '09        #98
space
space
 Gattsau said:
@ noone being able to give a good reason why he deserved and noone is being able to make a case on why someone else deserved it
Posted via Mobile Device

im not saying there was someone out there more deserving.

but obama shouldnt win by default because theres noone better out there.

theyve chosen not to give it out in the past because they felt there were no worthy candidates.
 8 years ago '04        #99
space
space
 Gattsau said:
Posted via Mobile Device
it just shows its a meaningless award thats all
 8 years ago '09        #100
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
someone stated it better, fact for fact but like i said, he has RESTORED CREDIBILITY for this country...he is f!ghting for universal healthcare that has never been passed before, hes met with ALOT of world leaders and remained calm despite disagreements with world leaders... and has handled the recession very well.. and he has brought the world together to an extent, even when he was campaigning...

i dont see anything wrong with this, except that the haters are gonna make higher expectations of him

i just dont feel like that even comes close to being nobel peace prize worthy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
149 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
29 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy