Oct 7 - Harry Connick Jr. Blows Up at Blackface Michael Jackson Impersonator

most viewed right now
 166
Image(s) inside Drake Spoke Way Too Soon
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 104
Pusha T tweets about “duppy freestyle”
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 92
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are California’s Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
17 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 89
Image(s) inside Drakes sends invoice to Def Jam via IG!
184 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10-08-2009, 08:18 AM         #61
mastakillah21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ Asians

still to this day they are stereotyped and portrayed way worse than blacks so stfu and stop crying
4 black guys come out painted up like N Sync - racist or funny?
 9 years ago '06        #62
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,943 | Props total: 1565 1565
 mastakillah21 said:
^ Asians

still to this day they are stereotyped and portrayed way worse than blacks so stfu and stop crying
4 black guys come out painted up like N Sync - racist or funny?
People that don't know what blackface is should not comment on the thread, just saying
 10-08-2009, 08:56 AM         #63
stopfakin83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props to harry for that one
 10-08-2009, 09:24 AM         #64
TheCityOnMyMind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like when he said "if they tuned up like that in the united states....."
 9 years ago '05        #65
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
avatar space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 207 207
 meepos said:
gimme a break, they are well aware. they don't live under a rock.
Seriously?

Do you know anything about Australia?

Why the f**k would they even teach about blacks in America in Australia?
 10-08-2009, 10:13 AM         #66
mastakillah21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SuppaSlick said:
People that don't know what blackface is should not comment on the thread, just saying
I was responding to dudes comment above.. hence the arrows, not the topic of what blackface is... and I do know what it is, and I still do not think this act was racist... stupid and non funny fa sure... but racist definetly not.

Racism is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

people who dont know the definition of racism shouldnt be using the word... just saying
 9 years ago '05        #67
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,171 | Props total: 1155 1155
 mastakillah21 said:
I was responding to dudes comment above.. hence the arrows, not the topic of what blackface is... and I do know what it is, and I still do not think this act was racist... stupid and non funny fa sure... but racist definetly not.

Racism is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

people who dont know the definition of racism shouldnt be using the word... just saying
Its not like you knew, you took that from wikipedia.
 9 years ago '06        #68
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17 OP
space
avatar space
space
$7,744 | Props total: 5414 5414
 NGMG said:
I know what the black face thing is but they neither made fun of black people or disrespected them. They came out dressed like the jackson 5... danced fine... not like fools... and michael jackson came on with a white face... why? Cause Michael Jackson decided to go white. He sang good, tried getting the crowd to participate. It's only an insult if you want to take it that way. I for one didnt see it like one. Yeah I could understand that the whole black face ordeal was big... but they didnt stereotype black people... They just dressed up as a group that happened to be black.
but youre ignoring the fact that for many people the image of a person in black face conjures up a lot of negative imagery and brings up a painful past. if i was to paint my face yellow and put beaver teeth in my mouth, a karate uniform, and coke bottle glasses you dont think i wouldnt offend someone? and rightly so. im not trying to be funny, its that THAT image, specifically, that act of black face is culturally insensitive. They painted their faces BLACK. If it was brown we could say they were trying to look "african american". it was a deliberate exaggeration. to ignore that many would find it offensive is crazy to me on your part. and for you to act as though people, black or white, shouldnt find it offensive is absurd.
 9 years ago '06        #69
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17 OP
space
avatar space
space
$7,744 | Props total: 5414 5414
 HYPE! said:


watch this if ya thought that was racist. i have no problems with either of these videos. Australia has just come to relies everyone is the same. colour dont matter.
I dont know if this was sarcasm or not. but if it isnt, its laughable. Color doesnt matter? c'mon. so you australians are the only ones that figured it out? the cure? and you dont want to share it with everybody else?
 10-08-2009, 11:22 AM         #70
mastakillah21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Gooneyz said:
Its not like you knew, you took that from wikipedia.
I was posting the definition of the word, so of course Im going to use the exact definition... and I do kno the meaning which is why I only use the word in the right situation.. something half of the posters on BX cant comprehend
 10-08-2009, 11:42 AM         #71
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
but youre ignoring the fact that for many people the image of a person in black face conjures up a lot of negative imagery and brings up a painful past. if i was to paint my face yellow and put beaver teeth in my mouth, a karate uniform, and coke bottle glasses you dont think i wouldnt offend someone? and rightly so. im not trying to be funny, its that THAT image, specifically, that act of black face is culturally insensitive. They painted their faces BLACK. If it was brown we could say they were trying to look "african american". it was a deliberate exaggeration. to ignore that many would find it offensive is crazy to me on your part. and for you to act as though people, black or white, shouldnt find it offensive is absurd.
exactly it conjures up the entire era of blacks being viewed and treated as inferior, an object of amusement, from a time when whites felt fine, and were allowed 2 do this sort of thing, encouraged even.

thats whats offensive, its not dressing up as a black person in order to impersonate a black person,

its dressing up as a cartoon stereotype to derogate and denigrate black PEOPLE.
 10-08-2009, 11:43 AM         #72
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
I dont know if this was sarcasm or not. but if it isnt, its laughable. Color doesnt matter? c'mon. so you australians are the only ones that figured it out? the cure? and you dont want to share it with everybody else?
yep colour does matter (today) it just shouldnt.
 9 years ago '05        #73
Angry_Black_757 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 0 0
 AlexG1989 said:
I think it's funny Did they mean anything by it???
You're a clown
 9 years ago '05        #74
Angry_Black_757 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 0 0
Everyone around the world knows exactly what blackface is ... from Japan to Australia to America to Brazil to Europe to Africa. It's not America's dirty little secret. They just let you get away with overt racism in other countries. In America, people attempt to hide racism underground.
 10-08-2009, 12:13 PM         #75
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Angry_Black_757 said:
Everyone around the world knows exactly what blackface is ... from Japan to Australia to America to Brazil to Europe to Africa. It's not America's dirty little secret. They just let you get away with overt racism in other countries. In America, people attempt to hide racism underground.
ur atool of course they dont.

everyone around the world knows nothing except their own name, and some of the senile dont even know that.
 9 years ago '07        #76
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,453 | Props total: 671 671
 mastakillah21 said:
^ Asians

still to this day they are stereotyped and portrayed way worse than blacks so stfu and stop crying
4 black guys come out painted up like N Sync - racist or funny?
LMAO!!!! what makes that even more funny, is that your serious!
 10-08-2009, 12:49 PM         #77
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all men are born equal



















so lets unite in our misogyny.
 9 years ago '07        #78
Bruce Leeroy 
space
avatar space
space
$16,676 | Props total: 835 835
 jataylorlfc said:
and australia looks like it was filmed in the 70s, even the host's hair looks like it belongs in minstrel times.
 9 years ago '05        #79
YoungerHov 
space
avatar space
space
$673 | Props total: 24 24
Ask the aboriginis (sp?) about how racist these Aussie f**ks are... HArry should have slapped them
 9 years ago '04        #80
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,510 | Props total: 1000 1000
 Cartel-Clipz said:
I got a lot of respect for how he handled that
Yes really :applause:

Still mad at that muthaf**ka for the corny a.ss Suncom song :angry12:
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside May 24 - Millennials born in 1980s may never recover from the Great Re..
70 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 32
I will marry this woman for real.
125 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
FAMILY GUY Ă— "Peter Becomes A Millennial"
34 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 16
May 23 - Milwaukee Teen (15) brutally tortured, stabbed and burned over stolen..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside NBA YoungBoy Hitta Whippin that Draco like John Wick
62 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Ignorance is bliss to foolish hoodrats
184 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Ring Doorbell Test
12 comments
2 days ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy