Oct 7 - Harry Connick Jr. Blows Up at Blackface Michael Jackson Impersonator

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-07-2009, 10:14 PM         #41
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KingoBling said:
they shouylda had a black person doing mike in white face.
he was pakistani actually, so how can that be racist?
 10-07-2009, 10:18 PM         #42
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jersey826 said:
Put all the blackface s**t aside for a second.

The "act" itself was f**kin horrible. There was no part of it that was funny in the least or entertaining. The whole time watchin it I was like "WTF?" partly because of the blackface and partly because of how stupid that s**t was.
thats the style of the show lol its a skit segment called "red faces" where alot of lame performers do lame skits and get judged for how lame they are lol...thats been the joke for 20 years, its suppossed to be horrible, its a self parody of themselves.
 8 years ago '06        #43
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,748 | Props total: 1187 1187
 NGMG said:
I hate ignorance when people want to claim things are racist. It's so simple to play the victim when it comes to race. If any other race tries dressing up as a black person then they're automatically a.ssumed to be racist. They didn't go out and eat watermelon or anything else that can be said to be stereotypical... They simply painted themselves black and said they were the jackson 5. Yet when a black person dresses up as a white person then its f**king hysterical... Why would it be racist right?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I guess your right... Thats not the same thing. f**king retards... Wake up. If this was wrong for anything it's because Michael Jackson died so recently. Harry's a good man for standing up for his beliefs though.
I suggest you hit up wikipedia right now and learn about what exactly blackface is. I'll help you out though, IT IS IN NO WAY SIMILAR TO DAVE CHAPPELLE OR EDDIE MURHY SO PLEASE READ A BOOK

Black people could not be on t.v or on stage so they had a white person with black paint on represent us. They used this black paint to create a black caricature involving large pink lips and made us look like animals. The people on stage carried on like idiots and made us look lazy, dumb and uncoordinated.

The same reason why Dave and Eddie can do that is the same reason white people do not take offense to being called a cracker...the history behind these acts or words iare either not there, or UNCOMPARABLE

Next time you want to weigh in on the discussion, pull up a chair and learn instead
 10-07-2009, 10:47 PM         #44
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SuppaSlick said:
I suggest you hit up wikipedia right now and learn about what exactly blackface is. I'll help you out though, IT IS IN NO WAY SIMILAR TO DAVE CHAPPELLE OR EDDIE MURHY SO PLEASE READ A BOOK

Black people could not be on t.v or on stage so they had a white person with black paint on represent us. They used this black paint to create a black caricature involving large pink lips and made us look like animals. The people on stage carried on like idiots and made us look lazy, dumb and uncoordinated.

The same reason why Dave and Eddie can do that is the same reason white people do not take offense to being called a cracker...the history behind these acts or words iare either not there, or UNCOMPARABLE

Next time you want to weigh in on the discussion, pull up a chair and learn instead
i agree the whole "blackface" thing was racist but you have to realize it was an accident that shouldnt have happened, but you got to remember aussies are such a laid back culture, they very rarely think about much let alone anything at all, all they are doing is just having a good time without putting to much thought into what they do....if i could liken them to someone in america theyd be like hawaiins, completely laid back and care free ..you need to know this, believe me there was no harm intended, even the leader of the group was indian or pakistani, i dont think they were genuinely racists...just not the brightest bunch

Last edited by WEREWOLF; 10-07-2009 at 10:49 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #45
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
Lol at cardiologists, radiologists, and all these doctors in specifics not knowing the history behind Black faces. Oh but they are from Australia , they know no better (might have believed it if there performance was dead serious and didn't look like a bunch of clowns not even trying their best to duplicate the Jackson). Keep telling yourselves that, denial at its best.
 10-07-2009, 11:56 PM         #46
NGMG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SuppaSlick said:

I know what the black face thing is but they neither made fun of black people or disrespected them. They came out dressed like the jackson 5... danced fine... not like fools... and michael jackson came on with a white face... why? Cause Michael Jackson decided to go white. He sang good, tried getting the crowd to participate. It's only an insult if you want to take it that way. I for one didnt see it like one. Yeah I could understand that the whole black face ordeal was big... but they didnt stereotype black people... They just dressed up as a group that happened to be black.
 8 years ago '04        #47
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 jataylorlfc said:
keep showing ur ignorance, do u know how most of the early australians ended up there?

and australia looks like it was filmed in the 70s, even the host's hair looks like it belongs in minstrel times.
your the typical racist united front c*nt to pop up in this thread.... there is no excuse for this racist bulls**t, the australian producers know what they are doing with this here...

there are race riots in australia, there is a major racist sentiment towards minorities in taht country, have you been there? better yet, are you a minority? im betting answer is no to both, now stfu and go hang some united front posters u smelly pikey rat faced c*nt
 8 years ago '06        #48
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,748 | Props total: 1187 1187
 NGMG said:
I know what the black face thing is but they neither made fun of black people or disrespected them. They came out dressed like the jackson 5... danced fine... not like fools... and michael jackson came on with a white face... why? Cause Michael Jackson decided to go white. He sang good, tried getting the crowd to participate. It's only an insult if you want to take it that way. I for one didnt see it like one. Yeah I could understand that the whole black face ordeal was big... but they didnt stereotype black people... They just dressed up as a group that happened to be black.
Using an example. White teachers cannot say the "N" word regardless of their intent. They could mean it all in fun but that doens't make it right.

Besides I never said they were racist, just ignorant, I only called out the people who found absolutely nothing wrong with it
 10-08-2009, 01:54 AM         #49
HYPE! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

watch this if ya thought that was racist. i have no problems with either of these videos. Australia has just come to relies everyone is the same. colour dont matter.

Last edited by HYPE!; 10-08-2009 at 02:00 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #50
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,924 | Props total: 4285 4285
props to harry connick jr.
 8 years ago '06        #51
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
$7,366 | Props total: 4639 4639
BET been doing blackface for years. It's Coonstown over there.
 8 years ago '05        #52
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,044 | Props total: 824 824
 Queenslansder said:
mate, where is it Saturday anywhere in the world right now ?????
So the show wasnt originally aired on a Saturday???? Cmon man, youre trying too hard.
 10-08-2009, 04:14 AM         #53
BobbiJo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Harry's kool and hip. We need more people to step outside their comfort zones and just do what is right and respectful of others. The world needs to stop hating. :agreement6:
 8 years ago '04        #54
Shiftie 
space
space
space
$91 | Props total: 0 0
my girl was watching this s**t on tv and i missed it but caught the end of the harry being angry and she had no idea. now i see why, 20 years ago when this s**t was originally on, it was stupid, now its even more stupid. this is a stupid reunion special they have played and this s**t just highlights what i was previously told by my psychology lecturer, 'there are 220,000 people in melbourne alone with learning or intelligence disabilities'... says alot doesnt it.
 10-08-2009, 05:46 AM         #55
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHOWTIME said:
your the typical racist united front c*nt to pop up in this thread.... there is no excuse for this racist bulls**t, the australian producers know what they are doing with this here...

there are race riots in australia, there is a major racist sentiment towards minorities in taht country, have you been there? better yet, are you a minority? im betting answer is no to both, now stfu and go hang some united front posters u smelly pikey rat faced c*nt
do u mean national front?

and where did i say this wasnt racist? i just said 2 group australians, british and americans in the same boat is ridiculous, the experience of racism in australia is if anything more akin to that of white americans towards native americans, than towards black americans.

pikey= racist term, u should be banned for this and yes if i was a "pikey" i would be a minority.

nice 2 know you still have a grudge towards me tho :greetings10:

try harder, or get better.
 8 years ago '04        #56
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,166 | Props total: 545 545
 Lungs said:
People are going to flip out, but it's a cultural difference

Australians don't realize how deep that history runs for us

yeah, it's stupid -- but they didn't understand how incredibly offensive this is for us
thats no excuse, cuz i've heard aussies can be incredibly racist, i dont understand how a white person living in a hot country which your ancestors did not live come in the s**t and be hating all the people who originally lived there thousands of years b4 their race was even on earth as a people, f**kING BEATS ME. ifnact this situation sounds alot like isreal so i'll stop cuz i know ya'll don't want me go there!!

Oh yeah. f**k dem fake isrealies and non-aboriginal or non-indigenous Aussies!
 10-08-2009, 06:07 AM         #57
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^Because they were encouraged 2 hate and 2 fear, 2 ensure their survival and hegemony.

i dont think they hate black people, theyre just f**king idiots who need 2 take a look at their actions.

australian aborigines and black americans arnet one in the same, they did a racist impersonation of the jackson5, a black american pop group.

and theres plenty of british people who are african/carribean or asian in parentage who hate white british people.

and israel is circa the 20th century, how are they fake israelis, and no1 wants u 2 go there because its nonsense every1 has heard off every other knobhead whos watched a youtube video and now thinks hes the black f**king moses.

Last edited by jataylorlfc; 10-08-2009 at 06:10 AM..
 10-08-2009, 06:36 AM         #58
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats bulls**t, there is no excuse. Believe it or not people U.S. history is learned in almost every developed nation and the country has the most widely known of history in the world.
 8 years ago '04        #59
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
 Queenslansder said:
and get f**ked we're ignorant, ur comment is helpin ur cause mate....
*looks at your avatar*

what would TUPAC do?
 10-08-2009, 08:25 AM         #60
cleophisduval09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=bigbarcelona;14550022] IN THE US! When I first so the advertising for Bambozzle the first thing that came into mind was "why are they filming a movie about clowns?". QUOTE]

I am not saying that the other examples of racism are not valid and should'nt be stopped as well, they are all wrong. But you cannot name another race of people that have been demonized in the entertainment industry the way Black people have. All those racist minstrel shows shaped our image for the rest of the world because there was no competing medium to counteract them. We were forced to deal with the stigma they gave off because there was no control of what white america wanted to tell the rest of the world. Forgive me for not being as aware of other countries cultural shortcomings, I have no clue what is viewed as acceptable on cable television across the water...but there should be a some standard we all can subscribe to on the most basic human levels about what is offensive.

Last edited by cleophisduval09; 10-08-2009 at 08:27 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy