When Popeyes runs out of chicken
36 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #21
Queenslansder 
space
space
$979 | Props total: 8 8
and what is my cause exactly?
ur comment was ignorant, labelling a country over one person who was being a d*ck on here!
 8 years ago '07        #22
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
i know they dont get the whole blackface thing over there but c'mon son
 8 years ago '04        #23
experience 
space
space
$1,118 | Props total: 2 2
All I know is that whenever I go back to Melbourne or Sydney, I'm always f**kin' as soon as I step off the plane. Never had an Aussie call me a zzzzzz or **** or anything else derogatory in that manner. So they still good in my book. My son and his mom stay out there and she white and my son and is half black. They've yet to encounter any problems with him being bi-racial.
I'm 100% sure these guys knew what they was doin' when they was putting the make-up on but i'm not screaming at the top of my lungs "you zzzzzz a.ss zzzzzzs done lost your mind". They f**ked up and Harry stepped in and said "Y'all know y'all wrong for that, I'm out before my image gets tarnsihed".
 10-07-2009, 06:09 PM         #24
cleophisduval09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigbarcelona said:
Look, people know the basics of American history..... but it doen't mean that they know every little detail as to what pisses us off or not. People in other countries know that yes the US had slavery and mistreated black people (Even today people outside of the US view America as a place that hates all minorities), but that is as much as everyone outside knows. Do you honestly believe or do you think that they know what those black faces represent in the US??? Honestly they don't and I don't think they had any racist feelings or actions behind it. Just like the African Americans misunderstood that Mexican cartoon that was consider racist a couple of years ago without understanding its history, that same rule applies here too.

Americans also do s**t that pisses people off around the world.... but is it done sometimes in a manner to be racist or hateful? Do you mean to tell me that if you go to Argentina, Cyprus, China or any other nation in the world do you know what pisses them off? Exactly!

The blackface...pickaninny cartoon and minstrel shows were seen all over the world. For more than half a century the only image black people portrayed in entertainment reiforced negative sterotypes. It has been sometime since that type of bs was considered acceptable so maybe the aussies a.ssumed it was okay to joke about but its not. The very fact that it is considered entertainment is sad...please don't a.ssume other countries are not just as racist or even more so than the US. The belief that Black people were sub-human was an international a.ssumption, so that s**t right there is wrong they should have known better.
 8 years ago '08        #25
Glock9 5 heat pts
space
space
$441 | Props total: 4 4
dunno if i'm the only one that caught this but - (around 4:50)
Harry Connick Jr. "We have spent so much time in America trying to not make black people look like bafoons"
insinuating what.... black people look like bafoons? lmfao, this was by far more degrading than the stage guys in my oppinion, and by making that statement he looked like a complete a.ss.
Though i do agree the guys who did that act are f**king a**holes as well.

Last edited by Glock9; 10-07-2009 at 06:16 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #26
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,045 | Props total: 824 824
 Queenslansder said:
ur comment was ignorant, labelling a country over one person who was being a d*ck on here!
So you mean to tell me that the above being shown on a terrestrial station at prime-time on a Saturday, which im guessing over there is also a family slot, does not reflect the country's ignorance? The same group won 20 years ago.....thats ignorance. Twenty years, alot can change in twenty years. That same s**t still carrying on bruv? Thats ignorance. I was not labeling your whole country ignorant on the strength of one dude, I used him as an example of this ignorance I speak. Also, understand why I have used the term ignorant instead of racist besides when refering to that dude that use to post here (who blatantly was being). I am not refuting the idea of Austrailia not knowing the grounds on which Mr Connick made his argument, but in all british colonialized lands, the blackface and minstrelsy was known comic relief for the english. Why is it that you dont know what it represents? Ignorance, I lie?
 8 years ago '04        #27
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,300 | Props total: 68 68
New Orleans Own good job I thought Australians was a country for prisoners when it was colonized.
 8 years ago '06        #28
Queenslansder 
space
space
the day America starts defining for the rest of the world what is and isnt correct is the day we're all in trouble !!!!!!!!
 8 years ago '06        #29
Queenslansder 
space
space
So you mean to tell me that the above being shown on a terrestrial station at prime-time on a Saturday, which im guessing over there is also a family slot
mate, where is it Saturday anywhere in the world right now ?????
 8 years ago '05        #30
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,045 | Props total: 824 824
 Queenslansder said:
the day America starts defining for the rest of the world what is and isnt correct is the day we're all in trouble !!!!!!!!
LOL Im not American.
 10-07-2009, 06:46 PM         #31
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
these dudes not stupid theyre educated they know what theyre doing. but they couldve aleast had some soul. the white judge sound like a black dude tho.
 8 years ago '04        #32
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 Glock9 said:
dunno if i'm the only one that caught this but - (around 4:50)
Harry Connick Jr. "We have spent so much time in America trying to not make black people look like bafoons"
insinuating what.... black people look like bafoons? lmfao, this was by far more degrading than the stage guys in my oppinion, and by making that statement he looked like a complete a.ss.
Though i do agree the guys who did that act are f**king a**holes as well.
He just worded it poorly, he meant trying not to portray black people as buffoons.
 10-07-2009, 07:14 PM         #33
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cleophisduval09 said:
The blackface...pickaninny cartoon and minstrel shows were seen all over the world. For more than half a century the only image black people portrayed in entertainment reiforced negative sterotypes. It has been sometime since that type of bs was considered acceptable so maybe the aussies a.ssumed it was okay to joke about but its not. The very fact that it is considered entertainment is sad...please don't a.ssume other countries are not just as racist or even more so than the US. The belief that Black people were sub-human was an international a.ssumption, so that s**t right there is wrong they should have known better.

First, this so called "minstrel shows" weren't watch around the world. Maybe in Europe.... but have you thought of other continents like Asia, Latin America, Oceania or Africa where the majority of this films were never seeing? Hell, this movies probably never made it outside of the US to begin with. I grew up outside of the United States and if someone in my country would of painted his face black like those guys on that Aussie show.... it only meant he was trying to look black. What about white or african american or latinos or even asian american actors that act like Chinese, African or Latin American???? Do you think a lot of the times their portrayals are not view racist in other nations??? Guess what .... they are view racist, but to you Americans is not because that is how is view in your country. Do you honestly believe that they were taught about a Minstrel Show in Australia??? No. Hell, I never knew about his films let along a Minstrel show until I went to school.... IN THE US! When I first so the advertising for Bambozzle the first thing that came into mind was "why are they filming a movie about clowns?". Sure, every nation has had a problem with racism.... but do you honestly believe that a black face might carry that same message in other nations outside of the US? Let me answer that one for you.... NO! And that's because again, that same message will mean something completely different in every single nation and culture. Also, what makes you think this films were ever even shown in Autralia? Even with the power of technology today, you can't even name me the most popular shows that are feature in Australia, South Africa or even Britain. Let along, you probably don't even know what are the top selling movies out there! Along with you, can the rest tell me what is the most popular movie is Chile or the most popular show in Indonesia? Exactly!. Point being is.... This guys are not racist, their motives were not racist and again, you cannot expect the whole world to know what pisses Americans off to begin with. Most Americans don't even know where the hell Panama is at let along Suriname is at without saying "Is that in Mexico?". Hell I've met Americans that think New Mexico is in Mexico and that Maryland is not a Northern state but a Southern State. Exactly my point.

Last edited by bigbarcelona; 10-07-2009 at 07:27 PM..
 10-07-2009, 08:02 PM         #34
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think it's funny Did they mean anything by it???
 8 years ago '06        #35
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 1174 1174
Put all the blackface s**t aside for a second.

The "act" itself was f**kin horrible. There was no part of it that was funny in the least or entertaining. The whole time watchin it I was like "WTF?" partly because of the blackface and partly because of how stupid that s**t was.
 10-07-2009, 09:43 PM         #36
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 billieskeet said:
Wow, it was funny as to how good that went over. I meant if Connick didn't say anything it would've been alright to do it. And of all ppl it was Harry Connick Jr. to stand up and say something, that's crazy.
he was 1 of the first artist/celebs to stand up after Katrina and help rebuild NO...plus dudes music got soul...so I got nuthin but love for him...but i understand how they could not see the way we would reach to it...2 very different cultures
 10-07-2009, 09:51 PM         #37
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigbarcelona said:
First, this so called "minstrel shows" weren't watch around the world. Maybe in Europe.... but have you thought of other continents like Asia, Latin America, Oceania or Africa where the majority of this films were never seeing? Hell, this movies probably never made it outside of the US to begin with. I grew up outside of the United States and if someone in my country would of painted his face black like those guys on that Aussie show.... it only meant he was trying to look black. What about white or african american or latinos or even asian american actors that act like Chinese, African or Latin American???? Do you think a lot of the times their portrayals are not view racist in other nations??? Guess what .... they are view racist, but to you Americans is not because that is how is view in your country. Do you honestly believe that they were taught about a Minstrel Show in Australia??? No. Hell, I never knew about his films let along a Minstrel show until I went to school.... IN THE US! When I first so the advertising for Bambozzle the first thing that came into mind was "why are they filming a movie about clowns?". Sure, every nation has had a problem with racism.... but do you honestly believe that a black face might carry that same message in other nations outside of the US? Let me answer that one for you.... NO! And that's because again, that same message will mean something completely different in every single nation and culture. Also, what makes you think this films were ever even shown in Autralia? Even with the power of technology today, you can't even name me the most popular shows that are feature in Australia, South Africa or even Britain. Let along, you probably don't even know what are the top selling movies out there! Along with you, can the rest tell me what is the most popular movie is Chile or the most popular show in Indonesia? Exactly!. Point being is.... This guys are not racist, their motives were not racist and again, you cannot expect the whole world to know what pisses Americans off to begin with. Most Americans don't even know where the hell Panama is at let along Suriname is at without saying "Is that in Mexico?". Hell I've met Americans that think New Mexico is in Mexico and that Maryland is not a Northern state but a Southern State. Exactly my point.
i agree with most, but minstrel shows were seen "around the world" i mean they became so popular in mainstream that whenever another country mad a product for americans they usually made fun of blacks in minstrel or caracters...i.e. Mr. Po-Po from DBZ was originally a poke at black americans...but thats just frrom my studies
 10-07-2009, 09:55 PM         #38
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jerseyelite89 said:
i agree with most, but minstrel shows were seen "around the world" i mean they became so popular in mainstream that whenever another country mad a product for americans they usually made fun of blacks in minstrel or caracters...i.e. Mr. Po-Po from DBZ was originally a poke at black americans...but thats just frrom my studies
Really?

What book you read that?
What sources?
Did this info came from the creators?

Just curious.
 8 years ago '06        #39
Queenslansder 
space
space
those guys were all doctors, the white faced one is a plastic surgeon and the prize money they won went to charity, nothin was meant by it, get over it.
 8 years ago '04        #40
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,763 | Props total: 6171 6171
its a different thing to dress up like the jackson 5 and do a tribute out of jokes and good nature but to actually do a "BLACKFACE" of it....no excuses

they may not have wanted to offend but that s**t was definitely offensive, a minstrel show is a f**kin minstrel show i dont care what the intent was

props to Connick
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
34 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy