Insignia - 42" Class / 1080p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #41
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36 OP
space
space
$8,942 | Props total: 3142 3142
Okay guys thanks for your harsh, brief comments & knowledge on Plasma's & LCD's so I'm gonna take you guys advice & return my insignia tv. I have another scenario for you guys. My sister wants to give me her 60' Mitsubishi Plasma 1080p Tv (Kind of a big back) but my moms want's me to trade the 60' Plasma Tv for her LG 42' Plasma. Should I do it? cause i want to mount it on my wall & I can't do it with the 60' Plasma. The specs for the LG is below. It says 720p Native & 180Hz Fluid EFFECT but on the "Video features" it can go to 1080p. I don't get it, someone explain it to me please.

Last edited by King Kusanagi; 10-07-2009 at 10:27 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #42
opt706 
space
space
$502 | Props total: 0 0
 GrownmanJ said:
Insignia = Fail

Go with samsung or sony only when dealing with tv's. Panasonic is ok too...
f**k samsung had my tv a year then it just went out the day i bought madden. s**t's still broken. The repair man's been here 2 times. They had to order parts and they were on back order and when they came the s**t still aint work. Now he ordered some other part and i aint heard from then dudes talking bout the part should be on the way. :angry12:

My no name brand lcd still working but my expensive a.ss samsung has been sitting taking up space for 2 months.
 8 years ago '04        #43
Dj KraZ 
space
space
$2,248 | Props total: 533 533
TV is set to 720p almost like standard. 1080p feature is like "1080p ready" feature. Say for you ps3 or xbox360. Always use Hdmi when connecting devices for best video quality.
 10-07-2009, 10:52 PM         #44
domo360206 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this tv is good. i own it bought it with my own money. i was 17 when i got it. 18 now but its still good. but if i had more money i would for sure get a real brand tv. but i dont see nothing wrong with this. mines is nice.

edit- oh snaps mines is a dynex the other knock off brand tv lol yeah the insignia sucks. i picked the dynex over it. i was looking at both of them because they were the same price.

Last edited by domo360206; 10-07-2009 at 10:54 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #45
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 domo360206 said:
this tv is good. i own it bought it with my own money. i was 17 when i got it. 18 now but its still good. but if i had more money i would for sure get a real brand tv. but i dont see nothing wrong with this. mines is nice.

edit- oh snaps mines is a dynex the other knock off brand tv lol yeah the insignia sucks. i picked the dynex over it. i was looking at both of them because they were the same price.
dynex and insignia are the same thing. Best buy brand, check your box or the back of your tv and you will see Best Buy Inc on it somewhere.
 8 years ago '04        #46
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 1blood said:
listen to this dude.

And for you people mad that I calibrate my tv every week I because I constantly change the settings for different devices. I switch settings for Tv , Blueray, ps3 , wii, Pc, regular dvd.

My family watches alot of tv and Its my tv I bought 4 my living room.
Plus Im a perfectionist Its a bad habit I have to make sure Every spot is cleaned and in order sort of like that show monk.

Cant have b**ches coming to the crib and the tv aint calibrated near perfectly, I'll lose it and ruin some ones day.
Just stop... please stop.

Jaiden05 said:
SMH at the Brand Fan boys... WTF buys a tv and not Calibrate it? I know someone that purchased a Sammy and the s**t broke the same week.
like zomg dude!

Had plenty of hardware crap out on me right out the box.
 8 years ago '05        #47
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 13768 13768
 carloshoopla said:
120hz sets look like s**t. Maybe for sports there great but not from watching tv shows or movies.
This makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe you're talking about the AutoMotion Plus feature. I say this because if you have a 120hz TV, it will always display in 120hz, no matter the source. If the source is not 120hz, your TV will upscale the hz to 120. Movies and TV shows look no different than sports in 120hz.

If you turn on the AutoMotion Plus feature, it can make the picture look funny, but just know that AutoMotion Plus has nothing to do with the TV refreshing at 120hz.
 8 years ago '05        #48
kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,712 | Props total: 750 750
wait for blackfriday
 8 years ago '05        #49
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Personally i would go for the LG but for me space is a big factor. It says it can do 1080p but in reality you only need to worry about that if your watching a Blu Ray 720p is what my LG has and it looks great.
 8 years ago '04        #50
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36 OP
space
space
$8,942 | Props total: 3142 3142
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Personally i would go for the LG but for me space is a big factor. It says it can do 1080p but in reality you only need to worry about that if your watching a Blu Ray 720p is what my LG has and it looks great.
why I have to worry when watching a Bluray 720p cause that's what I be watching at most times.
 8 years ago '06        #51
antoniolucky 
space
space
space
$709 | Props total: 0 0
no good
 8 years ago '05        #52
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,112 | Props total: 1563 1563
Dynex and Insignia are not the same thing. Insignia TVs are better but not much. Dynex is junk basically, I wouldn't buy that TV with someone else's money let alone my own.
 8 years ago '04        #53
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 QualityRecords said:
Dynex and Insignia are not the same thing. Insignia TVs are better but not much. Dynex is junk basically, I wouldn't buy that TV with someone else's money let alone my own.
both are distributed by Best Buy INC. insignia is barely better, but they are both junk in the end.
 8 years ago '06        #54
whoismg 
space
space
$885 | Props total: 81 81
a lot of lcd panels are LG on the insides anyway...:biggrin:
 10-08-2009, 07:43 PM         #55
domo360206 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my dynex is not junk its still going strong. you want to know what junk is? xbox 360.
 8 years ago '04        #56
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 kkkid said:
wait for blackfriday
Yeah, wait in line with 49 other people for a sale on a tv that the store has 5 of.

Wait till after the Superbowl.
 8 years ago '07        #57
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,210 | Props total: 15095 15095
 hockeythug said:
Yeah, wait in line with 49 other people for a sale on a tv that the store has 5 of.

Wait till after the Superbowl.
a good time to get a new tv is after Christmas - mid-January

that's how I got my tv, got it on Dec 28th I think, paid 2400 for it instead of 3200 and it came with a free Samsung blu-ray player :applause:
 8 years ago '04        #58
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
You can easily get a TV for a good price anytime you want as long as you know how to haggle with the salesperson..
I got my Pioneer Elite Plasma for $3300 when the listed retail was $4999 and I got my Samsung B850 plasma for $2000 when the listed retail was $3000.
Both of those prices are probably still inflated for US markets but in Canada those are really good deals.

You can buy an extended warranty and just take it back, or you can buy BS accessories, or schedule an installation and just cancel it.. There are a lot of ways to get a really good price on a TV without having to wait for black friday/after christmas/etc
 8 years ago '05        #59
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,112 | Props total: 1563 1563
The whole haggle thing isn't going to work as well as it did in the past because Best Buy has slashed their prices on TVs quite a bit to compete with Wal-Mart. They don't have hardly any room to work with on price. They can give you a better deal on accessories but don't expect to get a whole lot off of the TV. Some TVs still have good margin but most don't anymore.

Obviously it doesn't hurt to try but if you're expecting a big discount don't be shocked if they don't want to/won't do it.
 10-11-2009, 03:18 PM         #60
coming_of_age07 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Atlanta said:
dudes talkin a lotta bs in here

u can tell who really has a HDTV and who is still rockin a CRT
lolol n*ggas is talkin to talk...think they cool lmao...its ture...shhhiiittt I thinkin a LG 32" put that s**t in my room...what about LG yall
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Late to the Party: Persona 5
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago