Insignia - 42" Class / 1080p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
93 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
65 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #21
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,062 | Props total: 10743 10743
If you're going to calibrate... get one of those DVD's.. if u don't want to go through that hassle... do a google search on avs forum for your TV make and model.. i'm sure someone will have unanimously made settings that people love... that's what I did with my Samsung. Made movies, sportsviewing, and gaming (in HD) that much better.

TV's out of the box are too "sharp" and have waaaaay too much color and brightness (unless ur into that sort of thing)
 10-07-2009, 02:06 PM         #22
1blood 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:
If you're going to calibrate... get one of those DVD's.. if u don't want to go through that hassle... do a google search on avs forum for your TV make and model.. i'm sure someone will have unanimously made settings that people love... that's what I did with my Samsung. Made movies, sportsviewing, and gaming (in HD) that much better.

TV's out of the box are too "sharp" and have waaaaay too much color and brightness (unless ur into that sort of thing)

listen to this dude.

And for you people mad that I calibrate my tv every week I because I constantly change the settings for different devices. I switch settings for Tv , Blueray, ps3 , wii, Pc, regular dvd.

My family watches alot of tv and Its my tv I bought 4 my living room.
Plus Im a perfectionist Its a bad habit I have to make sure Every spot is cleaned and in order sort of like that show monk.

Cant have b**ches coming to the crib and the tv aint calibrated near perfectly, I'll lose it and ruin some ones day.
 8 years ago '04        #23
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
^^^^^^
If b**ches are over at my crib I could give a f**k less if my brightness is 5 off or if my black level is on medium.ahahahahahhaa

Yall be k!llling me.

And to whoever thinks that 120hz looks like s**t need to k!ll themsleves or not comment.

For those who have a tv with it you can turn the feature off,but when it is on it is a beautiful sight and I feel it is very necessary.

I have a sammy 46inch 120hz LCD tv and love it. I have only bought samsung tvs.

If I am going to think about spending $500 on a tv,I will just pay $1000 and get a new 50inch 1080p 600 subfield hz plasma tv. You can get a samung or pioneer for only $1000. They are very nice.
 10-07-2009, 02:54 PM         #24
MacDreezyy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
picture burns into vizio mad easy too
 8 years ago '04        #25
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36 OP
space
space
$8,940 | Props total: 3138 3138
 P-Hill said:

downloading one of those dvd's now. i never knew about Calibration....
 8 years ago '04        #26
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 KillaKal said:
lmao and why do you have to calibrate it every week? lol do the settings magically change?

bx dudes be on some other tip.
Humidity?
 8 years ago '04        #27
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 KeepinItTrill said:
that's what I'm saying

people are expecting s**t to be great outta the box, but you have to tweak the settings to get the best possible picture

and alotta ppl won't fool with it

I know you get what Im saying Kurupt
Of course I do pimpin.
 10-07-2009, 03:17 PM         #28
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MacDreezyy said:
picture burns into vizio mad easy too
you serious? thinking about copping a 42" Vizio for the bedroom, that s**t ain't good. :angry12:

^^^^^^^^^
good source for getting the best settings on your tv if you can't calibrate your s**t with a DVD/blu-ray

Last edited by Silver N Black; 10-07-2009 at 03:20 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #29
Konartis81 
space
space
$387 | Props total: 0 0
 carloshoopla said:
120hz sets look like s**t. Maybe for sports there great but not from watching tv shows or movies.
there is a option to turn it off
 8 years ago '05        #30
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,625 | Props total: 13692 13692
Vizio can't f*ck with Samsung. Period.
 8 years ago '04        #31
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Konartis81 said:
there is a option to turn it off
Yeah, its just the anti-motion blur crap they keep on from the factory. s**t is horrible for film, great for sports and video games.

Last edited by hockeythug; 10-07-2009 at 03:47 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #32
Dj KraZ 
space
space
$2,244 | Props total: 533 533
Don't hold your breath trying to get help from Vizio when s**ts the bed!

Panasonic, has one of the highest refresh rates.

Insignia is the Best Buy brand. Never f**k with store brand unless its sugar.

Last edited by Dj KraZ; 10-07-2009 at 04:16 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #33
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
You can calibrate with any THX certified DVD and a set of glasses you get from their website but you can also download the Jason Bourne game demo from Xbox Live or PSN and that game has the THX calibration thing in it. Vizio's are decent at best but go with Samsung,Sony,Panny if you got the money dude.
 8 years ago '05        #34
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 1540 1540
I used to work at Best Buy and I wouldn't recommend an Insignia TV unless its for like a waiting room or something because they use parts from a couple different manufacturer's LG and something else usually and its hard to find the parts for them. I've got several different brands now, my Sony is going out so I think I'm gonna get another Samsung LED.
 8 years ago '04        #35
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 KeepinItTrill said:
it's the same with Vizio

yea it's HD but the picture quality isn't as good as say a Sony or Samsung

you get what you pay for homie
Vizio is not bad at all. It's wayyy better than insignia. I'm speaking from experience. Vizio is the best bang for the buck.
 8 years ago '04        #36
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 KeepinItTrill said:
how many ppl honestly have their s**t calibrated besides a/v enthusiasts

of course if a hdtv is calibrated is right it can look great, but most people don't go that far into it
Better question is who the f**k calibrates a f**king Vizio?
Professional calibration I mean.. There are a lot of settings you can only get through the service menu so I don't consider the popping in a disc s**t and arbitrarily changing values calibrating because you have to take into account viewing environment, amount of light, and the right color temperatures of the TV.

Blockburner28 said:
If your going to go with a 1080p tv make sure its at least 120hz, but the brand really has nothing to do with it. My grandmother has a insignia in her sun room and it looks decent. You wouldn't even be able to tell that its an insignia. So if you like it keep it, but if I were you I would bring it back for a 1080p 120hz tv

120 Hz can look s**tty depending on what you watch..

PhI|0z0pH3r said:
You can calibrate with any THX certified DVD and a set of glasses you get from their website but you can also download the Jason Bourne game demo from Xbox Live or PSN and that game has the THX calibration thing in it. Vizio's are decent at best but go with Samsung,Sony,Panny if you got the money dude.
Calibration DVD's are not exactly optimized for HD content.. You'd probably need an HD calibration disc.

But to answer the question, insignia TV's f**king suck.

Honestly you can get a TV for a much better price.. At the 40 inch range 1080p will hardly be noticeable over 720p, if at all. There are some 720p TV's by Samsung that blow the Insignia out of the water.

But really, forget all that stupid 60hz/120hz/240hz garbage, get a plasma..
 10-07-2009, 08:15 PM         #37
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
are Toshiba's good?
 8 years ago '05        #38
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
SMH at the Brand Fan boys... WTF buys a tv and not Calibrate it? I know someone that purchased a Sammy and the s**t broke the same week.
 8 years ago '04        #39
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
insignia is best buy brand, which is cheap LG tv's. its the lowest of the low for LG. i have heard stories about them catching fire and s**t at best buy when i worked there.
 8 years ago '07        #40
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,191 | Props total: 15010 15010
 Jaiden05 said:
SMH at the Brand Fan boys... WTF buys a tv and not Calibrate it? I know someone that purchased a Sammy and the s**t broke the same week.
aint got s**t to do with being fanboys

who wants to spend a grand on a tv and not have it look as best as possible?

and most consumers don't get their tv's calibrated because they don't think they need to (aka they're unaware)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago