NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #481
TigerUppercut 
space
space
$2,419 | Props total: 27 27
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
I give you Boston fans one thing...Unlike a lot of New York fans (for any team), you can always give PROPS when PROPS are due. It always seems NY fans just like to run their mouths, like they feel some sense of entitlement. But across my years, the Boston fans have always been one to give credit where it's deserved...and you can actually enjoy a friendly rivalry with most Boston fans.

As a Yankee fan, I take enjoyment out of seeing you guys down 2-0. But in reality, I want to see you guys come back on the Angels. A Yankee-Red Sox ALCS is what this rivalry deserves.

I don't know how any fan could hate on Arod. Sure he may rub you the wrong way and hasn't come up BIG in a big spot. But he's a YANKEE and should support every player on that squad. I went to a game after ARod hit a walkoff homerun against the Braves in Interleague play, then the next afternoon he struck out looking his 1st AB and the crowd boo'd him. Give it up! He's not Jeter, we know that. He's his own man. If ARod can't handle pressure to begin with, why add to the monkey on his back?

In regards to this team...

I agree. Though I don't wanna speak premature on a high from a big game...they showed that old Yankee grit. The teams of the Championship Era felt they could win EVERY SINGLE GAME as long as they still had an OUT left in the game. The chemistry all season has been the best i've seen in a long time.

Players have defined roles coming into this postseason and we finally have depth. Though Gardner made a mistake on the basepaths, you can see that his speed off the bench could be a HUGE a.sset late in these close games. Even the whole hoopla around the Posada/Molina debate is washed away. AJ pitched well, Posada got to see it first hand. If that's what it takes for the team to win, that's what it takes to win. He still got his shine.

The Pen this year is strong, and Joba will make it stronger. If you notice, they've even babied Joba a bit in the pen. I hope they start Gaudin in Game 4 (if they make it to the ALCS) and leave Joba right where he is. Robertson came up HUGE! He's been excellent ALL YEAR. If Joba can regain some of that old lightning back in the pen, a 7th-8th-9th of Joba-Hughes-Rivera will be lights out.

Last year I called it in saying we wouldnt even make the playoffs in the beginning of the year. It was an adjustment period. I also didnt want Hughes traded for Santana, and defended Cashman hard saying he's going to just sign CC without losing an a.sset. Tex, Burnette and Swisher ALL have contributed. Not just on the field, but in the clubhouse.

At that last game at Yankee Stadium, when Jeter gave the speach about taking all the memories and transferring them to the New Stadium...I called a Christening of the New Ballpark. This team has that old feel, again.

I'm hoping they can live up to that feeling!
U said everything perfectly. I remember u 2 with the whole Hughes/Santana thing. I know cuz I was 1 of the idiots who was demanding Hughes's head lol. But everything turned out good. Lets hope we have that magic this year. I feel like we do, but lets see.
 8 years ago '04        #482
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,726 | Props total: 13124 13124
A-Rod and Tex complement each other so well. Two guys that should be Red Sox right now are on the verge of bringing #27 to the Empire State.
 8 years ago '06        #483
Supa mario 
space
space
$3,089 | Props total: 1228 1228
A-Rod is a true yankee now i just watched the game had to work last night :angry12: and what away for Tex to get out that slump Go Yanks almost forgot

[pic - click to view]

Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 8 years ago '04        #484
rikedizzle 
space
space
$6,796 | Props total: 679 679
 hockeythug said:
Big difference between a ball that barley grazes a x*xL jersey and a ball that is clearly fair by a foot and half with a extra ump 10 feet away.
big difference as in the one base brandon inge would have got compared to the one extra base mauer would have got? or difference as in the fact that a run would have scored off of the ball that hit inge?
 8 years ago '07        #485
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 tazbk said:
They couldn't score with the bases loaded and 0 outs so it was no guarentee that they would score with run on 2nd and no outs. Face it the Twins choked that inning. They choked in the bottom of the ninth as well. Nathan got ethered by A-Rod. Yeah the ump f**ked up but oh well. It should have never gotten to that point.

If that double is called you can't say for certain that the next batter would have still gotten a hit. Who knows what would have happened.
That's stupid logic. Any TRUE baseball fan knows the line judge pulled the Yankees out of that one. Other Yankee fans in this thread even agree that they got saved on that call. That was just disgraceful, especially seeing how he was only like 10 feet away and the camera caught his eyes staring right at the line and the ball was clearly in play and he still called it foul. Even outfielder knew it, which is why he kept chasing it.

Last edited by Bullseye; 10-10-2009 at 09:42 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #486
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,373 | Props total: 5652 5652
at joe nathan.
 8 years ago '06        #487
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,373 | Props total: 5652 5652
 Javon23 said:
would be surprised if the twins rebound from this
s**t i got money on this.
:angry12::angry12::angry12::angry12::angry12:
 10-10-2009, 12:42 PM         #488
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Joe Nathan is a pus*y, they should have seen it coming after the hit, the mound was covered in sweat.

Twins will still tie it up in their park.
 8 years ago '04        #489
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Joe Nathan is a pus*y, they should have seen it coming after the hit, the mound was covered in sweat.

Twins will still tie it up in their park.
Worry about being swept before speaking on the Twins making a comeback dude. We have to win just 1 out of the next possible 3 with Pettitte Sabathia and Burnett.
 8 years ago '04        #490
R. Joven 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,126 | Props total: 65 65
I think Carl Pavano is going to get lit up in Game 3... he owes it to the Yankees for stealing about $40M over four years...
 8 years ago '06        #491
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 R. Joven said:
I think Carl Pavano is going to get lit up in Game 3... he owes it to the Yankees for stealing about $40M over four years...
Carl Pavano is finally gunna help the Yankees win a playoff game.
 8 years ago '04        #492
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4425 4425
 R. Joven said:
this will be pay back for he who shall not be named for the years of stolen money
 8 years ago '08        #493
TigerUppercut 
space
space
$2,419 | Props total: 27 27
Alrite, let's get that sweep today so we can take care of those f**kin Angels.
 8 years ago '04        #494
space
space
For real. Yankees need to focus on ending this series tonight. Don't want to have to use Sabathia to get to the LCS.
 8 years ago '05        #495
bluntednt 43 heat pts43
space
space
$8,275 | Props total: 0 0
Is Pavano starting tonight against Andy?
 8 years ago '04        #496
space
space
Yes, Pavano will R.I.P. tonight after this game.
 8 years ago '04        #497
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Bullseye said:
That's stupid logic. Any TRUE baseball fan knows the line judge pulled the Yankees out of that one. Other Yankee fans in this thread even agree that they got saved on that call. That was just disgraceful, especially seeing how he was only like 10 feet away and the camera caught his eyes staring right at the line and the ball was clearly in play and he still called it foul. Even outfielder knew it, which is why he kept chasing it.
It was a bad call, but are you telling me that the Twins definitely would have scored after that?

Last edited by tazbk; 10-11-2009 at 03:15 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #498
bluntednt 43 heat pts43
space
space
$8,275 | Props total: 0 0
 stunna2004 said:
Yes, Pavano will R.I.P. tonight after this game.
agreed...Yankee's bats are too hot right now and Pavano, well he's just Pavano...there's a reason the Yankee's got rid of him
 8 years ago '04        #499
space
space
Pavano pitched 199 innings for the Twins/Indians this year. He pitched 145 innings for the Yankees from 05 to 08. I hope they cremate him after they murder him tonight.
 8 years ago '04        #500
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 4681 4681
game time approaching soon
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc