ALDS: (1) New York Yankees vs. (3) Minnesota Twins**Official Series Thread**

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
136 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #461
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Bullseye said:
Great win by Yankees, but Twins really got @ss r*ped on that foul call on Mauer. Him positioned at 2nd would have changed up the pace quite a bit and they more than likely would have scored with him in that position with 0 outs. Regardless, congrats to Yankees. Oh, and that ump might get an @ss beating tonight. Terrible calls.
They couldn't score with the bases loaded and 0 outs so it was no guarentee that they would score with run on 2nd and no outs. Face it the Twins choked that inning. They choked in the bottom of the ninth as well. Nathan got ethered by A-Rod. Yeah the ump f**ked up but oh well. It should have never gotten to that point.

If that double is called you can't say for certain that the next batter would have still gotten a hit. Who knows what would have happened.
 8 years ago '04        #462
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Big difference between a ball that barley grazes a x*xL jersey and a ball that is clearly fair by a foot and half with a extra ump 10 feet away.
 8 years ago '08        #463
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,315 | Props total: 13693 13693
 I Am The Truth said:
Let's go cool ourselves in the waters of Lake Minnetonka!

[pic - click to view]

Some funny s**t....
 8 years ago '04        #464
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,738 | Props total: 6442 6442
Phoenix Mercury>>>Suns
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #465
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,735 | Props total: 13128 13128
Game of the year so far. CC, AJ, and Tex earned their stripes tonight. Hats off to the Twins for giving us a run for our money but this is a team on a mission. Get it done Sunday Andy!
 8 years ago '06        #466
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 stunna2004 said:
Game of the year so far. CC, AJ, and Tex earned their stripes tonight. Hats off to the Twins for giving us a run for our money but this is a team on a mission. Get it done Sunday Andy!
And for those who have hated on him for the past few seasons, Arod most definitely earned his as well!

:applause:
 8 years ago '04        #467
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 tazbk said:
They couldn't score with the bases loaded and 0 outs so it was no guarentee that they would score with run on 2nd and no outs. Face it the Twins choked that inning. They choked in the bottom of the ninth as well. Nathan got ethered by A-Rod. Yeah the ump f**ked up but oh well. It should have never gotten to that point.

If that double is called you can't say for certain that the next batter would have still gotten a hit. Who knows what would have happened.
naw homie can't front we lucked up tonight with that call tonight

with that said i will keep my streak alive by not posting and directly rooting for the yanks in bx threads
 10-09-2009, 11:11 PM         #468
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tazbk said:

You can't look at it that way.

The fact that the man missed that call, 10-12 feet away, clear sight, is down right pitiful.

and interesting... to say the least.
 8 years ago '06        #469
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Good game
Posted via Mobile Device
 10-09-2009, 11:33 PM         #470
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great f**king baseball game...

A-Rod is balling, and is proving me right for supporting him all these years in the face of ridcule...

And Tex came through with the winner.

This team never gives up.
 8 years ago '06        #471
SKDontPlay 
space
space
$566 | Props total: 10 10
i just came back from the game....s**t was intense

crazy guy behind us kept yelling like a mad man

old man in front of me couldn't even watch when bases were loaded

the fact that i saw A-Rod do what he did in a post-season game restored my belief in god
 8 years ago '04        #472
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
Arod turned into f**king a beast. Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.
 8 years ago '07        #473
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
$92,557 | Props total: 70199 70199
:yayo: i wonder where all the "a-rod choke" sayers are @?

i mean, we needed a two run shot, and he did it. if thats not clutch, idk what is
 8 years ago '04        #474
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,409 | Props total: 3919 3919
 Javon23 said:
Twins didnt want it
Are you serious?
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '08        #475
TigerUppercut 
space
space
$2,419 | Props total: 27 27
I've been saying it all year. This post season is gonna be the season where A-Rod shuts up all his critics. I can't say exactly what, but I feel something special coming with A-Rod. Just sit back and watch. This year has that feel that those championship years had. Every true Yankees fan knows what I'm talking about. I can feel it in the air.
 8 years ago '05        #476
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3263 3263
As a Yanks fan there's no way around it..the refs just missed that call.

But the Twins can't blame that whole game on one bad call..they should have closed the game out when they were up 3-1 and they should have scored when they had bases loaded no outs.

We caught a break tonight def..but proved a lot too.
 8 years ago '06        #477
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 tommymm96 said:
Arod turned into f**king a beast. Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.
I give you Boston fans one thing...Unlike a lot of New York fans (for any team), you can always give PROPS when PROPS are due. It always seems NY fans just like to run their mouths, like they feel some sense of entitlement. But across my years, the Boston fans have always been one to give credit where it's deserved...and you can actually enjoy a friendly rivalry with most Boston fans.

As a Yankee fan, I take enjoyment out of seeing you guys down 2-0. But in reality, I want to see you guys come back on the Angels. A Yankee-Red Sox ALCS is what this rivalry deserves.

TigerUppercut said:
I've been saying it all year. This post season is gonna be the season where A-Rod shuts up all his critics. I can't say exactly what, but I feel something special coming with A-Rod. Just sit back and watch. This year has that feel that those championship years had. Every true Yankees fan knows what I'm talking about. I can feel it in the air.
I don't know how any fan could hate on Arod. Sure he may rub you the wrong way and hasn't come up BIG in a big spot. But he's a YANKEE and should support every player on that squad. I went to a game after ARod hit a walkoff homerun against the Braves in Interleague play, then the next afternoon he struck out looking his 1st AB and the crowd boo'd him. Give it up! He's not Jeter, we know that. He's his own man. If ARod can't handle pressure to begin with, why add to the monkey on his back?

In regards to this team...

I agree. Though I don't wanna speak premature on a high from a big game...they showed that old Yankee grit. The teams of the Championship Era felt they could win EVERY SINGLE GAME as long as they still had an OUT left in the game. The chemistry all season has been the best i've seen in a long time.

Players have defined roles coming into this postseason and we finally have depth. Though Gardner made a mistake on the basepaths, you can see that his speed off the bench could be a HUGE a.sset late in these close games. Even the whole hoopla around the Posada/Molina debate is washed away. AJ pitched well, Posada got to see it first hand. If that's what it takes for the team to win, that's what it takes to win. He still got his shine.

The Pen this year is strong, and Joba will make it stronger. If you notice, they've even babied Joba a bit in the pen. I hope they start Gaudin in Game 4 (if they make it to the ALCS) and leave Joba right where he is. Robertson came up HUGE! He's been excellent ALL YEAR. If Joba can regain some of that old lightning back in the pen, a 7th-8th-9th of Joba-Hughes-Rivera will be lights out.

Last year I called it in saying we wouldnt even make the playoffs in the beginning of the year. It was an adjustment period. I also didnt want Hughes traded for Santana, and defended Cashman hard saying he's going to just sign CC without losing an a.sset. Tex, Burnette and Swisher ALL have contributed. Not just on the field, but in the clubhouse.

At that last game at Yankee Stadium, when Jeter gave the speach about taking all the memories and transferring them to the New Stadium...I called a Christening of the New Ballpark. This team has that old feel, again.

I'm hoping they can live up to that feeling!
 8 years ago '06        #478
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Switchc2390 said:
As a Yanks fan there's no way around it..the refs just missed that call.

But the Twins can't blame that whole game on one bad call..they should have closed the game out when they were up 3-1 and they should have scored when they had bases loaded no outs.

We caught a break tonight def..but proved a lot too.
NoLedge said it earlier in the thread...this has been happening since the beginning of time. The Jeffery Maier incident (:lol). Getting lucky is part of the ride as well, but you have to remember LUCK didn't help ARod hit that blast...LUCK didn't stop the twins from capitalizing with the base's loaded...LUCK didn't make Tex rip that ball out into left.
 10-10-2009, 12:45 AM         #479
Prescott 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Go Yanks
 8 years ago '05        #480
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3263 3263
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
NoLedge said it earlier in the thread...this has been happening since the beginning of time. The Jeffery Maier incident (:lol). Getting lucky is part of the ride as well, but you have to remember LUCK didn't help ARod hit that blast...LUCK didn't stop the twins from capitalizing with the base's loaded...LUCK didn't make Tex rip that ball out into left.
I know that's why I said all that in my second paragraph(or couple sentences). We DID catch a break though still, but the Twins should have closed this out earlier..so they can't blame it on the refs.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
179 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
185 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy