most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
384 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #121
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,361 | Props total: 4635 4635
 CHRONICLE said:
Yeah, and people who create names for their children shouldn't be characterized as some ethnic group, as you did for the black who create these ridiculous names, especially if this "grouping" is predicated only on their creating a name, rather than a coherent system/convention.

I'm surprised that you'd attempt to theorize an ethnic origin for crap such as "Loquisha" -- A word whose etymon is probably Loquacious, from which "Loquisha" was developed, because some hoodrat heard her teacher utter it in class.

You're correct, poorer people, not just Africans have a knack for linguistic deviation, that's usually based on illiteracy, its nothing to be proud of or support, at all. Its not "cool".

These same terrible speech patterns is what keeps a race of people intellectually oppressed, they never develop proper speech/means to express themselves.

Take the country hicks, I didn't know this at first, but the word "Critter" is derived from "Creature", that gained prevalence because obviously, the parents who were using it were ignorant, and the children adopted it.
You have something here. I had a novel written about the influence of African slaves on the English language and accent and how that could have led to the appearance of these types of names buuuut forget it. most people wont read it anyway lol.

you are correct. the use of improper speech patterns as the PRIMARY form of communication is one piece of the puzzle. And then the idiots that consciously choose to speak this way self-impose their intellectual, social, and economic oppression. even though a name in itself should not matter, it would be unrealistic to ignore social norms and have expectations as if everyone in this world thought rationally 100% of the time.

Looking at the posts that follow I dont agree 100% with your sentiments towards African-Americans. I am Haitian-American as well. But after I defended "African-American" culture in a older thread I was branded a sell out. I just believe one of the greatest fallacies is that african-american culture is "ghetto" or limited to hip hop, jazz, and soul food. Can I prove it? That's another story. Ah but I digress...
 8 years ago '07        #122
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6122 6122
 VerballyAbusive said:
There are motivated/fortunate people in every race/ethnic group and unmotivated ones as well as less fortunate ones in every group. Those people who come here from third world countries to the US are obviously the motivated and the fortunate of their group. They will come to the US and do just as good as the motivated and fortunate African Americans that are here in the states. So what is your point???? To improve ones conditions two things are necessary, the will (motivation) and a way (opportunity/resources). Every group has people who meet the criteria I just mentioned and will better themselves. I don't get what point you were trying to make.
my point is that the majority of you are unmotivated and very impressionable.
 10-07-2009, 05:38 PM         #123
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
You have something here. I had a novel written about the influence of African slaves on the English language and accent and how that could have led to the appearance of these types of names buuuut forget it. most people wont read it anyway lol.

you are correct. the use of improper speech patterns as the PRIMARY form of communication is one piece of the puzzle. And then the idiots that consciously choose to speak this way self-impose their intellectual, social, and economic oppression. even though a name in itself should not matter, it would be unrealistic to ignore social norms and have expectations as if everyone in this world thought rationally 100% of the time.

Looking at the posts that follow I dont agree 100% with your sentiments towards African-Americans. I am Haitian-American as well. But after I defended "African-American" culture in a older thread I was branded a sell out. I just believe one of the greatest fallacies is that african-american culture is "ghetto" or limited to hip hop, jazz, and soul food. Can I prove it? That's another story. Ah but I digress...
Post the novel.

What are my sentiments towards African Americans?

I don't remember making one post, indicating my opinion of African Americans.
 10-07-2009, 05:43 PM         #124
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mathematic said:
then you go on to say...

its his culture but not yours but you lived in the poorest ghettos and you speak from experience???

but since you put it out there...nah i dont want you to leave...just resign as mod.
just cut the s**t....Chronicle Tom!!!
I lived in the poorest ghettos, but I've also lived in some of the richer neighborhoods in my county; Trump owned property near me, when I was in West Palm.

You couldn't find any post where I said I can't relate with ghetto culture, cause it doesn't exist.

I'm familiar with ghettos, it doesn't mean its my culture.

You should delete your account, cause you failed.
 8 years ago '07        #125
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 CHRONICLE said:
Who is this directed at?
Not no one in particular but I guess the both of you guys, you and mathematics. just giving my thought on what you said and what mathematics said how at the end of the day were all zzzzzzs to everybody else or something along those lines. Just dont see the sense of acting like ones better than the other as if Black people have the luxury to bicker about bs.
And oh yeah to the people talking ill about Haiti. Haiti's history>>>>>>>>>>> Haiti is in its current condition because of its bright and rich history
 10-07-2009, 05:55 PM         #126
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
wasnt haiti prevented from being great, i mean almost initially after winning (literally) independence?

because it could serve as an example 2 other slave populations 2 rise up?
Yeah, they were suffocated significantly.

French requested that America not trade with Haitians, but Jefferson (iinm) only decided not to trade weapons with them, they did trade basic goods though, and Haiti - or rather, at the time, Saint Domingue - dominated the sugar industry, if was the richest colony in the Americas, and France was benefiting immensely, from all of that wealth.

It also frightened Americans because Dessalines had some whites, the French slaughtered, this angered the Europeans/Americans. I think there was a point where there were strict regulations for immigrating Frenchmen from Saint Domingue, because the Americans didn't want stories of the slave revolt to spread.

What crippled the country was their "reparations" paid to France.

There was a great documentary about the events, I'll have to find it.
 10-07-2009, 05:58 PM         #127
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zo1987 said:
Why can't the African Americans who dont want to give their children "white names" just give them African names??
like a name like Adolphe Muzito will get u hired
 8 years ago '08        #128
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 CHRONICLE said:
I lived in the poorest ghettos, but I've also lived in some of the richer neighborhoods in my county; Trump owned property near me, when I was in West Palm.

You couldn't find any post where I said I can't relate with ghetto culture, cause it doesn't exist.

I'm familiar with ghettos, it doesn't mean its my culture.

You should delete your account, cause you failed.
cmon, dude. I found two posts from you that contradicted one another, where you basically insinuated that you couldn't relate to the ghetto culture but you lived and experienced it....STOP IT.

@ carltouss619..I agree.
 10-07-2009, 06:02 PM         #129
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mathematic said:
cmon, dude. I found two posts from you that contradicted one another, where you basically insinuated that you couldn't relate to the ghetto culture but you lived and experienced it....STOP IT.

@ carltouss619..I agree.
How did I suggest that I couldn't relate when I said I lived in poorer neighborhoods?

I also said its not my culture.

Those two statements are compatible with each other.
 8 years ago '08        #130
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 CHRONICLE said:
How did I suggest that I couldn't relate when I said I lived in poorer neighborhoods?

I also said its not my culture.

Those two statements are compatible with each other.
are you serious or are you really trying to play word games with me?
 10-07-2009, 06:10 PM         #131
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CHRONICLE said:
Yeah, they were suffocated significantly.

French requested that America not trade with Haitians, but Jefferson (iinm) only decided not to trade weapons with them, they did trade basic goods though, and Haiti - or rather, at the time, Saint Domingue - dominated the sugar industry, if was the richest colony in the Americas, and France was benefiting immensely, from all of that wealth.

It also frightened Americans because Dessalines had some whites, the French slaughtered, this angered the Europeans/Americans. I think there was a point where there were strict regulations for immigrating Frenchmen from Saint Domingue, because the Americans didn't want stories of the slave revolt to spread.

What crippled the country was their "reparations" paid to France.

There was a great documentary about the events, I'll have to find it.
i know most of what i know on this from BBC's Racism A history series, i think the eps (3 in total) are on googlevideo.

worth every1 checking out if they really want to know, not necessarily if they really want 2 rant tho.
 10-07-2009, 06:14 PM         #132
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
because we all know that jamaicans are motivated and dont have the highest crime rate in the world. in america and in the UK jamaicans selling dope and shooting also. I think this thing that some african and caribbean people have is a certain jealousy for AAs. Alotta of them look down on AAs, I guess its a self esteem booster. They lack their own I.D, because nobody really cares /ignorant to their culture and automatically a.ssociate them with AAs.I know pleny for blacks that bust their a.ss evryday at work and take school serious.
 8 years ago '06        #133
space
space
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
a lot of african-americans...and white americans but such a strong emphasis on race.

I don't identify myself as apart of the "black-community" and I damn sure don't call myself african-american nor will i want to identify myself with you people.

The ignorance you AA's are displaying in here is possibly the main reason why majority of you folks are still the underdrogs in america and why black people from other ethnic backgrounds from slum a.ss 3rd world countries come to american and triumph over you. You folks are way too stubborn and never want to take responsibility for your own actions. there is an excuse for any and everything.

glad I don't have that awful mentality and horrible standards
You sound so bitter. Did you ever stop and think why you feel that way? And then, are those feelings even justified? Seriously, did you ever? Are you willing to face that challenge or will you just continue doing what's convenient? It's easy to criticize. Part of me agrees with you; emotionally what you say speaks to me and I feel you. The other part of me says, OK, we've all heard this. What's really going on? I'm just saying, will you make that challenge? It's OK if you don't. I just wonder if those who harbor that strong of a sentiment towards "African-Americans" attempt to flip the coin and see what's on the other side. Or follow the branch to the root...
 10-07-2009, 06:31 PM         #134
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
found theyre on youtube too,

heres the bit on haiti

[video - click to view]

heres an earlier bit in the programme, about the history of sierra leone, black nova scotian loyalists.

4.30-

and the black abolitionist and the sheffield steel workers 7.40-

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #135
space
space
 CHRONICLE said:
Post the novel.

What are my sentiments towards African Americans?

I don't remember making one post, indicating my opinion of African Americans.
Yea I think I glanced too quickly. That's more directed towards JamacnPrettyBoy.

But I was going to go into the history of the English language itself (in the US) with regards to African slaves, using some examples of how Haitian kreyol developed, and how that experience could have manifested into "ghetto names". It's a stretch. This is not proven but I was just thinking about it. Language can be powerful. Even something subtle as tone or pitch can go beyond the meaning of the word itself, but even bring up something superficially unrelated. Like the politician who blurted "Liar" during one of Obama's recent speeches and then one of the Kennedy's comes out and says it was racist. Now, I didn't catch the racism in the outburst, but it goes to show how profound language is. I don't even know if this makes any sense at all. In my head it does...

if not, I can try again.
 10-07-2009, 07:01 PM         #136
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
Yea I think I glanced too quickly. That's more directed towards JamacnPrettyBoy.

But I was going to go into the history of the English language itself (in the US) with regards to African slaves, using some examples of how Haitian kreyol developed, and how that experience could have manifested into "ghetto names". It's a stretch. This is not proven but I was just thinking about it. Language can be powerful. Even something subtle as tone or pitch can go beyond the meaning of the word itself, but even bring up something superficially unrelated. Like the politician who blurted "Liar" during one of Obama's recent speeches and then one of the Kennedy's comes out and says it was racist. Now, I didn't catch the racism in the outburst, but it goes to show how profound language is. I don't even know if this makes any sense at all. In my head it does...

if not, I can try again.
Language is powerful, but what's more important is speech, look into the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis, you'd be interested in that.

My problem is you're suggesting a sort of convention/tradition for "ghetto names", while I'm of the opinion that the bulk of people who use "ghetto names" are idiotic individuals who don't use any traditional naming system.

If you noticed, slang amongst the younger people is becoming much more incoherent, and nonsensical, the language is on a sort of "drift".

I have a few friend who literally talk like this:

"Whuh ihhh ihhhz cuhh"

"Aye, bruh, bahhh daa uhhh cuhh"

"Duhhm boyz tryna faade cuhh"
 8 years ago '04        #137
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
Well, by looking at the current conditions, I can easily say the same thing about Jamaicans or any other form of black race that are descendents of slaves. African Americans are not unique. Hell, you can look at African descendents/former slaves in any part of the world: Brazil, Australia, Haiti, America, and blacks will have similar socio-economic conditions as a whole in those jurisdictions. So if this was your point I think you failed.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-07-2009 at 07:09 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #138
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 DrX said:
because we all know that jamaicans are motivated and dont have the highest crime rate in the world. in america and in the UK jamaicans selling dope and shooting also. I think this thing that some african and caribbean people have is a certain jealousy for AAs. Alotta of them look down on AAs, I guess its a self esteem booster. They lack their own I.D, because nobody really cares /ignorant to their culture and automatically a.ssociate them with AAs.I know pleny for blacks that bust their a.ss evryday at work and take school serious.
Exactly. It's just rediculous that they come here and try to look down on us and act as if their country is perfect by pretending that the people in their native land was so much better than AAs. If they can't respect us and the opportunity we help create for them in the US, stay your a.ss in your native third world country.
 8 years ago '06        #139
space
space
 CHRONICLE said:
Language is powerful, but what's more important is speech, look into the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis, you'd be interested in that.

My problem is you're suggesting a sort of convention/tradition for "ghetto names", while I'm of the opinion that the bulk of people who use "ghetto names" are idiotic individuals who don't use any traditional naming system.

If you noticed, slang amongst the younger people is becoming much more incoherent, and nonsensical, the language is on a sort of "drift".

I have a few friend who literally talk like this:

"Whuh ihhh ihhhz cuhh"

"Aye, bruh, bahhh daa uhhh cuhh"

"Duhhm boyz tryna faade cuhh"
Well not completely. I just wonder if the bulk of people doing that have been influenced by something deeper then them just being stupid. Slang is becoming much more incoherent, it seems, especially in the black community. But it makes me wonder why. In some twisted way does it stem from the way African slaves spoke their own language and then that influence accenting American English? I know exactly what you mean because I too have friends or acquaintances that talk this way. It's a bunch of grunts, moans, and other intelligible sounds, yet I understand it. I'm not trying to justify ghetto names. My thoughts are pretty much summed up in that 2nd to last post. Ghetto names in themselves aren't inherently wrong. But to disregard the affects of having a name like that is. But I will look into that hypothesis.
 8 years ago '06        #140
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said:
Well, by looking at the current conditions, I can easily say the same thing about Jamaicans or any other form of black race that are descendents of slaves. African Americans are not unique. Hell, you can look at African descendents/former slaves in any part of the world: Brazil, Australia, Haiti, America, and blacks will have similar socio-economic conditions as a whole in those jurisdictions. So if this was your point I think you failed.
JamacnPrettyBoy has already demonstrated he doesn't think outside the box or peek over the white fence. He is probably more a shell of a person filled with ideas and opinions he can't even claim as his own.

I guess we can say the blacks in Brazil failed, making up a much larger size of the population and still severely underrepresented in government and upper/middle classes. Let's forget how African-Americans are upwardly mobile. We don't see them at all levels of society right? And let's look to the media where they're disproportionately depicted as drug dealers and attorneys. How many strides has the Jamaican made in the dumb American's world? Reggae festivals, dutty wine, and a memorable appearance in 'Belly' that's typical of America's impression of Jamaicans. Yes, thank you Jamaicans.

I don't even have anything against Jamaicans. I'm just saying...it's easy to criticize, ridicule, clown. But, I think your whole perspective of the situation is outdated. I don't believe you, you need more people.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
49 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
147 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy