Oct 6 - Finding a job while having an "ethnic" name

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #101
simmons224 
space
space
space
$559 | Props total: 11 11
thought about this for a while. And the problem comes from us teaching our children that hey u go to college and "get a good job" instead of teaching our kids from the beginning that its not acceptable to work for someone else. We need to show them how to run businesses instead of working for one. Then we can break the chain!
 8 years ago '08        #102
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 CHRONICLE said:
I don't care what people characterize me as, I don't identify with any particular community.

Lol, dumbf**k, there's a 0% chance that any of my ancestors were in ghettos.

I know the history of my ancestors, who fought for my freedom/rights, that happened in 1804, African Americans were still slaves at the time, completely different history.

I'm grateful for the civil rights activists, but I still don't identify with "the black community".
you sound like a f**kin hatian uncle tom.....foh with that.
 8 years ago '04        #103
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
 CHRONICLE said:
I don't care what people characterize me as, I don't identify with any particular community.

Lol, dumbf**k, there's a 0% chance that any of my ancestors were in ghettos.

I know the history of my ancestors, who fought for my freedom/rights, that happened in 1804, African Americans were still slaves at the time, completely different history.

I'm grateful for the civil rights activists, but I still don't identify with "the black community".
Yeah, our histories are different...At the end of the day a human being with any soul should respect the culture that they are currently benefitting of off. Otherwise, you can go back to Haiti, we all know how great Haiti is and how many hoods are there. I'm just saying, you need to respect African Americans and not talk s**t about us or a topic about us you know nothing about. That's disrespect.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-07-2009 at 04:31 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #104
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 simmons224 said:
thought about this for a while. And the problem comes from us teaching our children that hey u go to college and "get a good job" instead of teaching our kids from the beginning that its not acceptable to work for someone else. We need to show them how to run businesses instead of working for one. Then we can break the chain!
That's mad true!!!!!!!!
 8 years ago '08        #105
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said:
Yeah, our histories are different...At the end of the day a human being with any soul should respect the culture that they are currently benefitting of off. Otherwise, you can go back to Haiti, we all know how great Haiti is and how many hoods are there. I'm just saying, you need to respect African Americans and not talk s**t about us or a topic about us you know nothing about. That's disrespect.
:applause:
 8 years ago '07        #106
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,337 | Props total: 403 403
umm yeah I'm a Haitian American. First generation. I never looked at as "Oh your a Black American so your this and that. At the end of they day your just Black to everybody else. To me that some bourgeoisie stuff.
 10-07-2009, 04:28 PM         #107
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
because we all know how great Haiti is
I didn't say Haiti was without fault, in fact, my post suggested otherwise, as I indicated that my parents emigrated from Haiti.

But Haiti used to be great, there were a series of brutal dictators, and terrible relations with other countries, primarily France and America.
 10-07-2009, 04:38 PM         #108
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
You owe it to the African American's that lost their life during the civil rights movement to gain black people equal rights. If it wasn't for them, you're parents wouldn't have migrated over here because they wouldn't of had so called "equal opportunity". You also owe it to the slaves who helped build this country, and fought in the civil war and countless other African Americans who had substantial impacts. You are ignorant on so many levels.

You're in a thread talking about a culture you don't even belong in, WHY? Because you have nothing else better to do? I would never go in a post about Haitans and post for the simple fact I can't relate and can't give any valid input. You are an idiot for the simple fact of talking about something you can't even relate to or have no knowledge about. I'm sorry I a.ssumed you were smarter than that. I'm done talking to you.

Furthermore, I never said I identified with ghetto culture, I just said I acknowledge it and accept it as part of African American culture.
Actually, I know alot about ghetto culture, that's just never something I was influenced by.

I've lived in the poorest ghettos, so I speak from experience, a.ss.
 8 years ago '08        #109
space
space
 CHRONICLE said:
Actually, I know alot about ghetto culture, that's just never something I was influenced by.

I've lived in the poorest ghettos, so I speak from experience, a.ss.
you speak from experience but then you say you can't relate to it? Cmon, dude.... Make up your mind. You 're contradicting...making your self look like an a.ss.

stop trying to save face and be real.

Last edited by supervillain; 10-07-2009 at 04:51 PM..
 10-07-2009, 04:50 PM         #110
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carltouss619 said:
umm yeah I'm a Haitian American. First generation. I never looked at as "Oh your a Black American so your this and that. At the end of they day your just Black to everybody else. To me that some bourgeoisie stuff.
Who is this directed at?
 8 years ago '07        #111
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
a lot of african-americans...and white americans but such a strong emphasis on race.

I don't identify myself as apart of the "black-community" and I damn sure don't call myself african-american nor will i want to identify myself with you people.

The ignorance you AA's are displaying in here is possibly the main reason why majority of you folks are still the underdrogs in america and why black people from other ethnic backgrounds from slum a.ss 3rd world countries come to american and triumph over you. You folks are way too stubborn and never want to take responsibility for your own actions. there is an excuse for any and everything.

glad I don't have that awful mentality and horrible standards

Last edited by JamcnPrettyboy; 10-07-2009 at 04:55 PM..
 10-07-2009, 04:54 PM         #112
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mathematic said:
you speak from experience but then you say you can't relate to it? Cmon, dude.... Make up your mind. You 're contradicting...making your self look like an a.ss.

stop trying to save face and be real.
When did I say or even suggest that I couldn't relate?

If you can find that post, I'll leave the forum, if you can't, delete your account.
 8 years ago '08        #113
space
space
 CHRONICLE said:
When did I say or even suggest that I couldn't relate?

If you can find that post, I'll leave the forum, if you can't, delete your account.
Ghetto culture is your culture, not mine, its a very disgusting culture as well, and I'm sorry you choose to identify with it.
then you go on to say...

I've lived in the poorest ghettos, so I speak from experience,
its his culture but not yours but you lived in the poorest ghettos and you speak from experience???

but since you put it out there...nah i dont want you to leave...just resign as mod.
just cut the s**t....Chronicle Tom!!!

Last edited by supervillain; 10-07-2009 at 05:32 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #114
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
contradictions
 10-07-2009, 05:11 PM         #115
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CHRONICLE said:
I didn't say Haiti was without fault, in fact, my post suggested otherwise, as I indicated that my parents emigrated from Haiti.

But Haiti used to be great, there were a series of brutal dictators, and terrible relations with other countries, primarily France and America.
wasnt haiti prevented from being great, i mean almost initially after winning (literally) independence?

because it could serve as an example 2 other slave populations 2 rise up?
 10-07-2009, 05:15 PM         #116
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You owe it to the African American's that lost their life during the civil rights movement to gain black people equal rights
by being treated as different?

u dont think having a southern (american) accent, or having a "white trash" name would be the same.

u dont think some1 called earl hickey or trixey dean is less likely to get a job than harold scherswinger or w.e.?

try having a regional accent in the uk and getting a job, the issue isnt race.
 8 years ago '04        #117
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 JamcnPrettyboy said:

The ignorance you AA's are displaying in here is possibly the main reason why majority of you folks are still the underdrogs in america and why black people from other ethnic backgrounds from slum a.ss 3rd world countries come to american and triumph over you.
There are motivated/fortunate people in every race/ethnic group and unmotivated ones as well as less fortunate ones in every group. Those people who come here from third world countries to the US are obviously the motivated and the fortunate of their group. They will come to the US and do just as good as the motivated and fortunate African Americans that are here in the states. So what is your point???? To improve ones conditions two things are necessary, the will (motivation) and a way (opportunity/resources). Every group has people who meet the criteria I just mentioned and will better themselves. I don't get what point you were trying to make.
 8 years ago '05        #118
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Ghetto a.ss people come up with stupid f**king names still.

If I was named Nayquan I would change that s**t.
 8 years ago '07        #119
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
a lot of african-americans...and white americans but such a strong emphasis on race.

I don't identify myself as apart of the "black-community" and I damn sure don't call myself african-american nor will i want to identify myself with you people.

The ignorance you AA's are displaying in here is possibly the main reason why majority of you folks are still the underdrogs in america and why black people from other ethnic backgrounds from slum a.ss 3rd world countries come to american and triumph over you. You folks are way too stubborn and never want to take responsibility for your own actions. there is an excuse for any and everything.

glad I don't have that awful mentality and horrible standards
thank you..im with you 110%

i been telling black people for years that us and africans, jamaicans, hatians, islanders ect. just aint the same but they never believed me and said "we are all black"..ask a hatian if they are black or something and they quick to check you..but my people being the insecure bunch that they are want them to be us and they just not..black people lack nationalism..they want other people to like them so much that they will claim them and thats not the case..like puerto ricans..get the f**k out of here

we are different..thats how i see it..but they tend to come over here and look down on us..the f**king audacity of these people....im thinking how the f**k you gonna come here looking down on somebody when you straight off the banana boat..f**k that s**t joeski
 10-07-2009, 05:25 PM         #120
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^maybe because theyre american
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy