Oct 6 - Finding a job while having an "ethnic" name

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #81
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
I hate the names Neveah, heaven spelled backwards and Unique, that name isn't unique
 10-07-2009, 01:48 PM         #82
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
Dang homie, why do you have to use such harsh words to describe your own? . Perfect example of why we are so f**ked as a community.
My own?

There's no "we", I don't identify with any particular group.

Don't a.ssociate me with hoodrats.

Notice how you're quick to identify hoodrat as "black"/"my own", you trained n*gga.

The problem with your "black community" is some of you people are too stupid to realize that there's no such thing as a "black community", communities are identified by socioeconomic status, not f**king race.

You'll notice that the problems a.ssociated with the "black community" are actually "hood problems", which apply to poorer people of every race; the "black community" doesn't have an AIDS problem, its a problem amongst poor communities of hispanic, caucasian, african, etc group.
 8 years ago '06        #83
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
 CHRONICLE said:
The ghetto names are derived from ignorant hoodrats (avg) people who pervert the English language, or adopt exotic words they've heard.

I've observed b**ches create names for their children based on how it sounds; there's no ethnic tradition/convention for developing these names, let alone would some idiotic b**ch understand it.
what about the white people who give their kids stupid a.ss names like buzz, ryder, dodie, hoyt? whats the basis behind that?
 8 years ago '04        #84
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
Buzz is a name of an Astronaut, an American hero, there ain't no American hero name Boquisha
 10-07-2009, 02:09 PM         #85
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 elmonto said:
what about the white people who give their kids stupid a.ss names like buzz, ryder, dodie, hoyt? whats the basis behind that?
If you read my other post, you'd realize that I said: "You're correct, poorer people, not just Africans have a knack for linguistic deviation".

I hadn't realized that BX had some many insecure n*ggas; you guys are the same as females who react negatively to my use of the word "bi*ch", as if they identify themselves/women as "bi*ch".
 8 years ago '06        #86
elmonto 
space
space
 CHRONICLE said:
If you read my other post, you'd realize that I said: "You're correct, poorer people, not just Africans have a knack for linguistic deviation".

I hadn't realized that BX had some many insecure n*ggas; you guys are the same as females who react negatively to my use of the word "bi*ch", as if they identify themselves/women as "bi*ch".
people that live in middle class suburbs use those names too. point is, not hiring somebody based on their name is discrimination
 10-07-2009, 02:17 PM         #87
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why can't the African Americans who dont want to give their children "white names" just give them African names??
 10-07-2009, 02:19 PM         #88
Lungs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know of someone whose name is spelled "La-a"

"Ladasha"

Last edited by Lungs; 10-07-2009 at 02:21 PM..
 10-07-2009, 02:22 PM         #89
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 elmonto said:
people that live in middle class suburbs use those names too. point is, not hiring somebody based on their name is discrimination
I didn't say it wasn't, you're deviating from the premise of my argument.

You extended from made up names, to workplace discrimination.
 8 years ago '06        #90
elmonto 
space
space
 CHRONICLE said:
I didn't say it wasn't, you're deviating from the premise of my argument.

You extended from made up names, to workplace discrimination.
those names aint made up, i went to school with people who parents named them that dumb s**t. and the whole thread is supposed to be about and ethnic names and finding a job anyway.
 10-07-2009, 02:42 PM         #91
sunky 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SADE, WALE, LOLA, OLA, ......... Moniqua, Shaniqua, Shaquille, Moniya,Sukirat...

Never Loose your pride ...but sometimes...u gotta use wot u ve got to get what u want..!

Its tough out there peeps... desperate people take desperate measures...as stated, ' temporarily change your name' if it gets to that stage! simple...
 8 years ago '04        #92
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 CHRONICLE said:
Its called a.ssimilation; secure a future for your child, rather than naming them some bulls**t which will constrain their opportunity. Survival.

Wtf is a "white name"?

Culture isn't biological - its smarter to have a traditionally American name in an American society.

Its disturbing to see so many people, so adamant in supporting ghetto culture.

Every time someone on this website criticizes ghetto culture, he's attacked by a hoard of hoodrats, who're too biased to realize that their culture is destructive.

Its also sad that most of "black culture" is identified as ghetto culture amongst you idiots, to the extent that someone is "being white" because they express their disgust with ghetto culture.
If the generation before us adopted this "survive" mentality instead of making things better for our future, then we would still have Jim Crow laws...You're mentality is pathetic. You're not a f!ghter but a wimp.

Face reality, a lot of ghetto culture is black culture because we live in America and we've been forced to live in ghettos by political initiatives and laws created by the white power in this country years before us. Yeah, times have changed but the affects remain. Ghetto culture is not the only culture we have but to deny it is to deny the history of African Americans in this country. Yes, it is sad what they did to us and sad that we have ghetto culture but it's reality. I'm proud of it because it's part of our history.
 8 years ago '04        #93
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 CHRONICLE said:
My own?

There's no "we", I don't identify with any particular group.

Don't a.ssociate me with hoodrats.

Notice how you're quick to identify hoodrat as "black"/"my own", you trained n*gga.

The problem with your "black community" is some of you people are too stupid to realize that there's no such thing as a "black community", communities are identified by socioeconomic status, not f**king race.

You'll notice that the problems a.ssociated with the "black community" are actually "hood problems", which apply to poorer people of every race; the "black community" doesn't have an AIDS problem, its a problem amongst poor communities of hispanic, caucasian, african, etc group.
We live in America. Even if you are stupid and don't want to acknowledge that you belong to the African American community then so be it. You're still in that category.

Ghettos are a direct result of racist initiatives implemented on the AFRICAN AMERICAN community. How foolish of you to make it out the ghetto that your ancestors came from and then disassociate with that same community. If you're not in the ghetto now, then theres a 90% chance that one of your ancestors or granparents made it out of the ghetto...as a result of them being black.... Every freedom your black a.ss has today came from people who sacrificed their life during the civil rights movement because they were black and proudly identified with the community. Wake up, you live in America, not in a fairy tale land. But I'm not surprised you have this view at all. I credit the failure of the American school system to educate their students on black history.
 8 years ago '06        #94
elmonto 
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said:
We live in America. Even if you are stupid and don't want to acknowledge that you belong to the African American community then so be it. You're still in that category.

Ghettos are a direct result of racist initiatives implemented on the AFRICAN AMERICAN community. How foolish of you to make it out the ghetto that your ancestors came from and then disassociate with that same community. If you're not in the ghetto now, then theres a 90% chance that one of your ancestors or granparents made it out of the ghetto...as a result of them being black.... Every freedom your black a.ss has today came from people who sacrificed their life during the civil rights movement because they were black and proudly identified with the community. Wake up, you live in America, not in a fairy tale land. But I'm not surprised you have this view at all. I credit the failure of the American school system to educate their students on black history.
preach mane!!! america would not be the country it is today if it was not built for free off slave labor. 90% of these old companies wouldnt even exist today if it wasnt for slaves, the psychological affects of slavery still trickles down to the current generation.
 8 years ago '04        #95
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 elmonto said:
preach mane!!! america would not be the country it is today if it was not built for free off slave labor. 90% of these old companies wouldnt even exist today if it wasnt for slaves, the psychological affects of slavery still trickles down to the current generation.
Exactly, not to mention all the inventions that blacks created and never could reap the benefits and then these white owned companies profitted off of. The impact of these inventions to the American economy/society is priceless........
 10-07-2009, 04:06 PM         #96
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
If the generation before us adopted this "survive" mentality instead of making things better for our future, then we would still have Jim Crow laws...You're mentality is pathetic. You're not a f!ghter but a wimp.

Face reality, a lot of ghetto culture is black culture because we live in America and we've been forced to live in ghettos by political initiatives and laws created by the white power in this country years before us. Yeah, times have changed but the affects remain. Ghetto culture is not the only culture we have but to deny it is to deny the history of African Americans in this country. Yes, it is sad what they did to us and sad that we have ghetto culture but it's reality. I'm proud of it because it's part of our history.
Lol, ignorant fool.

I'm Haitian American, a first generation American, both my parents emigrated from Haiti.

Ghetto culture is your culture, not mine, its a very disgusting culture as well, and I'm sorry you choose to identify with it.

You're an idiot, as an African American, you're already a.ssimilated, dumbf**k. But not only are you a.ssimilated into American culture, you're amongst the lowest ranks of that culture.

If you're already a.ssimilated into a f**king culture, it would make sense to adopt the more successful aspect of that culture.

Don't a.ssociate me with your s**t, I'm nothing like you. Again, there's no "we". If you were Haitian, I'd say the same thing as well.
 8 years ago '04        #97
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
because we all know how great Haiti is
 8 years ago '04        #98
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 CHRONICLE said:
Lol, ignorant fool.

I'm Haitian American, a first generation American, both my parents emigrated from Haiti.

Ghetto culture is your culture, not mine, its a very disgusting culture as well, and I'm sorry you choose to identify with it.

You're an idiot, as an African American, you're already a.ssimilated, dumbf**k. But not only are you a.ssimilated into American culture, you're amongst the lowest ranks of that culture.

If you're already a.ssimilated into a f**king culture, it would make sense to adopt the more successful aspect of that culture.

Don't a.ssociate me with your s**t, I'm nothing like you. Again, there's no "we". If you were Haitian, I'd say the same thing as well.
You owe it to the African American's that lost their life during the civil rights movement to gain black people equal rights. If it wasn't for them, you're parents wouldn't have migrated over here because they wouldn't of had so called "equal opportunity". You also owe it to the slaves who helped build this country, and fought in the civil war and countless other African Americans who had substantial impacts. You are ignorant on so many levels.

You're in a thread talking about a culture you don't even belong in, WHY? Because you have nothing else better to do? I would never go in a post about Haitans and post for the simple fact I can't relate and can't give any valid input. You are an idiot for the simple fact of talking about something you can't even relate to or have no knowledge about. I'm sorry I a.ssumed you were smarter than that. I'm done talking to you.

Furthermore, I never said I identified with ghetto culture, I just said I acknowledge it and accept it as part of African American culture.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-07-2009 at 04:14 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #99
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 CHRONICLE said:
Lol, ignorant fool.

with all this bulls**t you said..at the end of the day YOU, A Haitian American...are still a N.I.G.G.E.R. to them...

so you can GTFOH with that "Im better then you" mentality....your s**t stinks too...you really need to look in the mirror, my friend.

Last edited by supervillain; 10-07-2009 at 04:15 PM..
 10-07-2009, 04:19 PM         #100
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:

I don't care what people characterize me as, I don't identify with any particular community.

Lol, dumbf**k, there's a 0% chance that any of my ancestors were in ghettos.

I know the history of my ancestors, who fought for my freedom/rights, that happened in 1804, African Americans were still slaves at the time, completely different history.

I'm grateful for the civil rights activists, but I still don't identify with "the black community".
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
282 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
52 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
44 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
18 hours ago