most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #61
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
 Zo1987 said:
This thread title is misleading names like Shequina and Javon are not ethnic but stupid made up names with no meaning. Now names like Omar or Nadia are ethnic and have meanings. African American parents should just stick to giving their children biblical names instead of crap that they made up out of their a.sses. Im glad my parents weren't dumb to give me a crappy ghetto name.
I think javon is a french name. and what should it matter what parents name their children, thats their business. as long as they dont name them some dumb s**t like ima pigg or seymour butts it really shouldnt matter.
 8 years ago '04        #62
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
 Zo1987 said:
This thread title is misleading names like Shequina and Javon are not ethnic but stupid made up names with no meaning. Now names like Omar or Nadia are ethnic and have meanings. African American parents should just stick to giving their children biblical names instead of crap that they made up out of their a.sses. Im glad my parents weren't dumb to give me a crappy ghetto name.
They are ethnic. They are African American ethnic. It's obvious from some of your previous posts that you think negatively of African Americans and discredit anything we create on our own. Slave mentality at it's finest. Our ethnicity was stolen from us during slavery, so we have to create our own names. You say we should rather name our kids off Africans? Well we don't even know where we came from in Africa. Sorry if you can't understand that and don't accept the names that we create as authentic.

We are unique and should strive to gain acceptance rather than conform and name our kids white names or even African names.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-07-2009 at 10:52 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #63
Angry_Black_757 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 0 0
If you're black and have one of those ghetto french names, change that s**t and build a hell of a resume, that's the only way you'll have a chance trying to get a "good" corporate type job.
 10-07-2009, 11:04 AM         #64
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
They are ethnic. They are African American ethnic. It's obvious from some of your previous posts that you think negatively of African Americans and discredit anything we create on our own. Slave mentality at it's finest. Our ethnicity was stolen from us during slavery, so we have to create our own names. You say we should rather name our kids off Africans? Well we don't even know where we came from in Africa. Sorry if you can't understand that and don't accept the names that we create as authentic.

We are unique and should strive to gain acceptance rather than conform and name our kids white names or even African names.
If thats the case, why dont most African Americans change their last names then. After all u dont want the last name of a slave owner.
 10-07-2009, 11:05 AM         #65
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 elmonto said:
I think javon is a french name. and what should it matter what parents name their children, thats their business. as long as they dont name them some dumb s**t like ima pigg or seymour butts it really shouldnt matter.
ok, Javon is Slavic.
 8 years ago '04        #66
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Zo1987 said:
If thats the case, why dont most African Americans change their last names then. After all u dont want the last name of a slave owner.
This reply is well off subject but we can disuss anyways. The purpose of the last name is much different than the first name. The last name is the family link and is what helps to identify a group of people. The first name identifies that individual. We express our African American uniqueness through the use of the first name. Furthermore, there have been families to change the last name and I encourage it. But it's so difficult to have the entire family come together and agree to change it that most families don't. That is one way we just accept and adapt the attitude it is what it is.
 8 years ago '04        #67
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
I'm glad my folks had enough sense to give me a normal a.ss name...

I worked at a temp hiring agency in college and remembered seeing applications basically "set" aside because they couldn't get responses from companies with names liek De'jinique and Tavante'
 8 years ago '04        #68
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,913 | Props total: 1157 1157
i'm glad my parents gave me a white a.ss name. i've had like 4 different jobs since i started working @ 16 and i am 20 years old now. :applause: :greetings10:
 8 years ago '04        #69
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
Boquisha lol
 8 years ago '07        #70
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
 VerballyAbusive said:

how the f**k did you guys have to create your own names when these made up names are a phenomena thats been going since probably the 80's.

you folks weren't naming kids shameeka and la quay quay pre-desegregation

Last edited by JamcnPrettyboy; 10-07-2009 at 12:09 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #71
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,383 | Props total: 4662 4662
 VerballyAbusive said:

Basically. Its like theyre saying Who are you african-americans! How dare you invent a name! Like damn, how do you know the name doesnt have meaning? s**t, what if inventing names was something that was passed down by the slaves? And nobody has answered or challenged what i said previously. Maybe im making too much sense
 8 years ago '06        #72
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844 OP
space
space
$54,098 | Props total: 18982 18982
 YoDoods said:
I am in a position to give people jobs when I have them to give. I can honestly say that a name hasnt made my decision for me. Matter of fact I hired this asian chick once and her name was Phuk. Thought that s**t was pretty funny
that's how it should be.....no one should be denied a job based on something they have no control over like a name....

it's discrimination, plain and simple and it's highly illegal and it goes on waaay more than what people think.....Minorities stay getting sized up even b4 the interview....If you can't even make it past the stack of apps your gonna get frustrated....

And contrary to popular belief African Americans just aren't dreaming up these names....any African Americans a.ssign their children Arabic names, Swahili names or a combination of the two....those names are ethnic and ethnic is good....f**k what these uptight white people think....they're the same ones that have a problem with names like Carlos, Juan or something.....

I put up the article to show people how accepted their discrimination is becoming....they're trying to convince us that there's something wrong with us, when in fact I think the problem is with themselves....

Last edited by RAZAH CUTS; 10-07-2009 at 12:48 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #73
kg81 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 101 101
 Zo1987 said:
Vladimir is a Russian name. We are talking about ghetto names, like Kawasky and those other fake ghetto Russian names that ghetto black parents name their children instead of REAL African names. Im pretty sure a white boss would rather hire a black guy named Chinedu(Nigerian/Ibo) than some guy named Dontravious.
:laughing19:
 10-07-2009, 12:54 PM         #74
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shanequiana.

I knew a b**ch named "Passion" lmao!
 8 years ago '06        #75
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,383 | Props total: 4662 4662
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
how the f**k did you guys have to create your own names when these made up names are a phenomena thats been going since probably the 80's.

you folks weren't naming kids shameeka and la quay quay pre-desegregation
Umm are you sure. So, NO african-americans were inventing names for their kids before the 80s???? Are u sure about that buddy?

1.) A lot of you guys are making a.ssumptions as if ALL or MOST blacks name their children this way. I'm sure there are plenty of white people who have made up names that you wouldnt second guess. 2.) Then you are making the a.ssumption as if it is just a black thing. You don't think there are white girls named Lawanda? 3.) What you all consider "ghetto" sounding is subjective. One poster said "Jamal" was a ghetto black name when that's Muslim, right? 4.) Most of you are probably inventing names yourself. Most of the names that appear here are ridiculous and as examples may not even exist. And even those that do make up a SMALL minority of african-american names. 5.) What about names you don't recognize you automatically label "ghetto" but already exist in other cultures? Tasanee, Taraji? 6.) Then you a.ssume since it sounds ghetto it has no meaning. What about names like Ja'Cai that put American flavor to a "foreign" name. Cai is of Chinese origin. Or Tyronica (Ty + Veronica). 7.) Then you stereotype people with those types of names of being of lower class. Take a look at government and even this nation's athletes and you'll find plenty of "ghetto" names. 8.) Then youre sending an overall message that anything coming from african-americans is inherently inferior.

many of u just perpetuate the stereotype by acknowledging that it "exists". If anything it has to do with class. And dont forget that Blacks in this country have long had a tradition of linguistic and musical invention *cough*jazz *sneeze*rap and so on...
 10-07-2009, 01:01 PM         #76
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
Basically. Its like theyre saying Who are you african-americans! How dare you invent a name! Like damn, how do you know the name doesnt have meaning? s**t, what if inventing names was something that was passed down by the slaves? And nobody has answered or challenged what i said previously. Maybe im making too much sense
The ghetto names are derived from ignorant hoodrats (avg) people who pervert the English language, or adopt exotic words they've heard.

I've observed b**ches create names for their children based on how it sounds; there's no ethnic tradition/convention for developing these names, let alone would some idiotic b**ch understand it.
 10-07-2009, 01:17 PM         #77
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
Umm are you sure. So, NO african-americans were inventing names for their kids before the 80s???? Are u sure about that buddy?

1.) A lot of you guys are making a.ssumptions as if ALL or MOST blacks name their children this way. I'm sure there are plenty of white people who have made up names that you wouldnt second guess. 2.) Then you are making the a.ssumption as if it is just a black thing. You don't think there are white girls named Lawanda? 3.) What you all consider "ghetto" sounding is subjective. One poster said "Jamal" was a ghetto black name when that's Muslim, right? 4.) Most of you are probably inventing names yourself. Most of the names that appear here are ridiculous and as examples may not even exist. And even those that do make up a SMALL minority of african-american names. 5.) What about names you don't recognize you automatically label "ghetto" but already exist in other cultures? Tasanee, Taraji? 6.) Then you a.ssume since it sounds ghetto it has no meaning. What about names like Ja'Cai that put American flavor to a "foreign" name. Cai is of Chinese origin. Or Tyronica (Ty + Veronica). 7.) Then you stereotype people with those types of names of being of lower class. Take a look at government and even this nation's athletes and you'll find plenty of "ghetto" names. 8.) Then youre sending an overall message that anything coming from african-americans is inherently inferior.

many of u just perpetuate the stereotype by acknowledging that it "exists". If anything it has to do with class. And dont forget that Blacks in this country have long had a tradition of linguistic and musical invention *cough*jazz *sneeze*rap and so on...
Yeah, and people who create names for their children shouldn't be characterized as some ethnic group, as you did for the black who create these ridiculous names, especially if this "grouping" is predicated only on their creating a name, rather than a coherent system/convention.

I'm surprised that you'd attempt to theorize an ethnic origin for crap such as "Loquisha" -- A word whose etymon is probably Loquacious, from which "Loquisha" was developed, because some hoodrat heard her teacher utter it in class.

You're correct, poorer people, not just Africans have a knack for linguistic deviation, that's usually based on illiteracy, its nothing to be proud of or support, at all. Its not "cool".

These same terrible speech patterns is what keeps a race of people intellectually oppressed, they never develop proper speech/means to express themselves.

Take the country hicks, I didn't know this at first, but the word "Critter" is derived from "Creature", that gained prevalence because obviously, the parents who were using it were ignorant, and the children adopted it.

Last edited by CHRONICLE; 10-07-2009 at 01:19 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #78
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 RAZAH CUTS said:
I put up the article to show people how accepted their discrimination is becoming....they're trying to convince us that there's something wrong with us, when in fact I think the problem is with themselves....
Props for that. And this thread also highlighted all those blacks who also conform and accept the bulls**t by replying with things like "I'm glad my parents gave me a white name" and "I would never name my kid anything ghetto". These people have been conditioned to think like them
 8 years ago '04        #79
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 CHRONICLE said:
The ghetto names are derived from ignorant hoodrats (avg) people who pervert the English language, or adopt exotic words they've heard.

I've observed b**ches create names for their children based on how it sounds; there's no ethnic tradition/convention for developing these names, let alone would some idiotic b**ch understand it.
Dang homie, why do you have to use such harsh words to describe your own? . Perfect example of why we are so f**ked as a community.
 10-07-2009, 01:39 PM         #80
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
Props for that. And this thread also highlighted all those blacks who also conform and accept the bulls**t by replying with things like "I'm glad my parents gave me a white name" and "I would never name my kid anything ghetto". These people have been conditioned to think like them
Its called a.ssimilation; secure a future for your child, rather than naming them some bulls**t which will constrain their opportunity. Survival.

Wtf is a "white name"?

Culture isn't biological - its smarter to have a traditionally American name in an American society.

Its disturbing to see so many people, so adamant in supporting ghetto culture.

Every time someone on this website criticizes ghetto culture, he's attacked by a hoard of hoodrats, who're too biased to realize that their culture is destructive.

Its also sad that most of "black culture" is identified as ghetto culture amongst you idiots, to the extent that someone is "being white" because they express their disgust with ghetto culture.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
84 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy