Oct 6 - Finding a job while having an "ethnic" name

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
25 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #41
vman51 
space
space
$1,254 | Props total: 0 0
 Pistol Peter said:
yes because im sure white people are willing to hire aaban aamir x
white people are racist
that statement is inherently racist, just so you know
 8 years ago '07        #42
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 vman51 said:
that statement is inherently racist, just so you know
racist no..i was proving my point...it was meant to show that the white workplace isnt going to here a ghetto name let alone a muslim one

lets be honest
 8 years ago '04        #43
vman51 
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
racist no..i was proving my point...it was meant to show that the white workplace isnt going to here a ghetto name let alone a muslim one

lets be honest
im not arguing with your point on the names, my point is that the statement "white people are racist" is inherently racist..

do you really disagree?
 8 years ago '04        #44
LightWeight 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,365 | Props total: 1897 1897
this is so true....hate to admit it......some companys, my friend been thru this, even if your name is hard to pronounce they wont hire you.......its crazy here in the U.S.........if you dont have a connection for the job or dont know anyone in the company it will be even harder........but we shall conquer this.....im a US citizen but it sure aint my country....
 8 years ago '07        #45
space
space
 vman51 said:
im not arguing with your point on the names, my point is that the statement "white people are racist" is inherently racist..

do you really disagree?
i forgot this is boxden and you have to be very specific and not hurt feelings :rolleyes:

some white people are racist when it comes to hiring people based on their names alone

sorry for the confusion
 8 years ago '04        #46
vman51 
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
i forgot this is boxden and you have to be very specific and not hurt feelings :rolleyes:

some white people are racist when it comes to hiring people based on their names alone

sorry for the confusion
no hurt feelings, just pointing out a contradiction in your logic, even still..still amazes me when race threads pop up, people want to bash it, yet half of them have racists mentalities when it comes to racism..and people wonder why its a re-occurring theme

people need to think more, talk/type less..
 10-07-2009, 07:28 AM         #47
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
african-americans needs to stop giving their kids made up names

your childs full name should not be Shabuddalantay Alize Jackson

you want a more ethnic sounding name then pick a damn african or muslim name. a name that actually has meaning.
exactly alot of people are missing the point here. I would rather name my child Rashad or Amir (Muslim names) than stupid made-up names. Your name is suppose to have meaning. Dont f**k ur children up by giving them some dumbass name u just made up within 1 minute after their birth WITH NO MEANING. Even names like John and Michael have meaning but what the hell does Renekeisha mean??
 8 years ago '07        #48
[MK] 
space
space
$2,826 | Props total: 438 438
I remember chris rock made a joke about that. Its true idk wtf those parents are thinking, what happened to african americans choosing biblical names. If I had a s**tty name like that I would change it!
 8 years ago '07        #49
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,383 | Props total: 1059 1059
cosign i had to hire some one her name was leroyneisha wow i passed man it sucks but your name has power over getting you interviews, im black, but white on paper my first name is john michael hence jaemike, i get mad interviews, lol problem is they expected a white dude so i have to wow them in the interview
 8 years ago '05        #50
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
David.
 10-07-2009, 08:48 AM         #51
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats why chinese people use different names in states
 8 years ago '07        #52
space
space
 CenterField said:
africans too
 8 years ago '05        #53
JaiMega 
space
space
 CenterField said:
Like Sarah Wong instead of Xing something.
 8 years ago '06        #54
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
i always knew they did racist s**t like this. you should be able to name your kid whatever you feel like.
 8 years ago '05        #55
JaiMega 
space
space
Like what? Sheniqua?
 8 years ago '04        #56
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 FLA_ALL_DAY said:
3. Conquering phone interviews. Can people discriminate against you based on if you "sound black?" Absolutely. It's not about sounding "black" or "white," it is a matter of communicating clearly and articulately so that people can not linguistically profile you. How you communicate on the phone, your tone, and your ability to express yourself go a long way in selling your talents. Every company wants to hire someone who can communicate effectively. Find an honest friend, ask them to interview you or tape record yourself. Do you say "umm," or "basically" too much? If so, practice your public speaking. Try joining a local Toast Masters chapter to enhance your communication skills and to be more comfortable speaking in front of groups.

im sorry but we all know that every black man from the hood sounds uneducated.....and very unprofessional if you go to an interview saying dumb s**t what do you think is gonna happen... you do it to yourself sorry... maybe be more professional next time instead of b**ching about being black s**t is hillarious...
Yeah but there is a difference between sounding black and talkin articulately, then sounding white and talking articulately, and then just ghetto. The problem here is that even if you sound black on a phone interview and still talk properly and professionally, this can still hurt you.... At the end of the day I just say be proud of who you are, don't try to hide being black and play the game the best as you can....
 8 years ago '07        #57
space
space
 JaiMega said:
Like what? Sheniqua?
i dont give a f**k if my name was number 2 pencil..if i could do the job that shouldnt be a probelm..why should we be the ones who have to change

its obvious who should change their views most of the times but they never do and seem to get a pass to do whatever the f**k they want
 10-07-2009, 09:57 AM         #58
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
loads of white ppl seem 2 be doing it over here too (calling their kids idiotic names).

u have 2 look at the celebrity influence too.
 8 years ago '04        #59
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 Pistol Peter said:
i dont give a f**k if my name was number 2 pencil..if i could do the job that shouldnt be a probelm..why should we be the ones who have to change

its obvious who should change their views most of the times but they never do and seem to get a pass to do whatever the f**k they want
I agree 199% This just proves how racist of a society we still live in today.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-07-2009 at 10:32 AM..
 10-07-2009, 10:34 AM         #60
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This thread title is misleading names like Shequina and Javon are not ethnic but stupid made up names with no meaning. Now names like Omar or Nadia are ethnic and have meanings. African American parents should just stick to giving their children biblical names instead of crap that they made up out of their a.sses. Im glad my parents weren't dumb to give me a crappy ghetto name.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy