most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-06-2009, 10:25 PM         #21
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fuc Corporate America, If you qualified and can do your job that should be enuff. I dont see why a name makes a difference, Plenty of Normal named people who are retards at the work place. Always wanna control and mold people into one bs.
 8 years ago '04        #22
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
 Zo1987 said:
Why dont parents start giving their children names with meanings instead of stupid ghetto names that dont mean s**t.
You're so ignorant and lost
 8 years ago '04        #23
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
welp Im f**ked either way, I have a white first name but my last name is something we see in the news daily black man.....
 8 years ago '04        #24
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
 YoDoods said:
I am in a position to give people jobs when I have them to give. I can honestly say that a name hasnt made my decision for me. Matter of fact I hired this asian chick once and her name was Phuk. Thought that s**t was pretty funny
lmaooooooooo
 8 years ago '04        #25
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Rowe said:
I already had a feeling they did that s**t.....which is why im naming my kid Kevin or Brian.. or John. (lisa, laura, ashley. if its a girl)

My shorty aint gonna be named De'quan, or Jamal,..f**k that.
Instead of just adapting to the "white man's system" we need to be ourselves and challenge the white man's system. I really hope you have a change of heart one day but if that's what you want to do to fit in with the white man then do you.
 8 years ago '04        #26
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
If a corporation will be bias towards my name and stereotype instead of looking at my qualifications, then that's not a company I want to work for. I work for a Fortune 500 company and we have many Tameekas, Taneekas, and other names commonly a.ssociated with African Americans so don't think every employer does this.

Also, I screened resumes before and reccommended interviews and this was not part of the process at all. We looked at qualifications only.
 8 years ago '04        #27
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
f**k this bulls**t article!!!!!!!!!!

Black people just as any other race should be able to have ANY name that their parents desire just as EVERY other race does and be able to get work based on the actual friggin' resumé!

The problem is not the names. The problem is the person looking at the resume that IS actually a racist and chooses not to hire based on names rather than skills.
It is however, common courtesy that if you have a difficult name to pronounce, you make it easier. This is just common sense. Asian, Indian, and others come to the US and change their names to accommodate our customs.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-06-2009 at 11:11 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #28
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,383 | Props total: 4662 4662
 Zo1987 said:
Vladimir is a Russian name. We are talking about ghetto names, like Kawasky and those other fake ghetto Russian names that ghetto black parents name their children instead of REAL African names. Im pretty sure a white boss would rather hire a black guy named Chinedu(Nigerian/Ibo) than some guy named Dontravious.
Well that's the thing. When people talk about "ghetto" names they're saying that name has no authenticity. holds no weight. its "too black". what if Laquisha or Aquanetta was a bastardization of some African name?

And when you say "ghetto" you really wanna say "black" names. Cause supposedly only black people name their children that. And its somewhat true. Why? Probably the same reason why you don't find too many white kids named Jose.

Off the bat, any name that sounds of african american extraction is already negative because it emphasizes our "blackness". "bob" "sally" "timothy" are all familiar and don't carry the same connotation because we haven't moved on as a society. What if Chinedu was the Nigerian equivalent of Boquisha? We've just been conditioned to EXPECT people with names like those are inferior to us. Damn, imagine a town full of black Boquishas, Kujuans, Funkquishas, and Dontravious. All growing up subconsciously thinking theyre inferior because of their skin color and name. And so Boquisha doesnt aspire for college even though she dreamed of being a doctor as a child because society tells her a Dr. Boquisha Jenkins could never exist. And poor Dontravious doesnt even try to pay attention in math class because society has taught him blacks arent good at math. Especially, blacks with "ghetto names". Peep game. If i walked into a 3rd grade class in any school in America and said "Hey kids I'm gonna tell a story about one of my friends. Wanna know what her name is?......Funkquisha!" Half the class will be on the floor laughing. I could be telling a sad story but off the top in their minds it would be comedy. We give those names no respect. And imagine the girl in that class who has a similar name. Thats not gonna f**k with her head?

s**t gets real deep my friends. Yall should check out "Predictably Irrational" by Dan Ariely if you haven't. I think you would enjoy it.
 10-06-2009, 11:48 PM         #29
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i wouldnt never wanna work for corp america. its to fake and u gotta kiss a.ss
 10-06-2009, 11:55 PM         #30
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CHRONICLE said:
Or b**ch your parents out for not a.ssimilating.
never a.ssimilate, not matter who u are. nobody a.ssimilate to the society "norm" . we supposed to challenge the norm,and not stick with the status quo. every one of us have the right to stand out as individuals
 10-07-2009, 12:13 AM         #31
FLA_ALL_DAY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3. Conquering phone interviews. Can people discriminate against you based on if you "sound black?" Absolutely. It's not about sounding "black" or "white," it is a matter of communicating clearly and articulately so that people can not linguistically profile you. How you communicate on the phone, your tone, and your ability to express yourself go a long way in selling your talents. Every company wants to hire someone who can communicate effectively. Find an honest friend, ask them to interview you or tape record yourself. Do you say "umm," or "basically" too much? If so, practice your public speaking. Try joining a local Toast Masters chapter to enhance your communication skills and to be more comfortable speaking in front of groups.

im sorry but we all know that every black man from the hood sounds uneducated.....and very unprofessional if you go to an interview saying dumb s**t what do you think is gonna happen... you do it to yourself sorry... maybe be more professional next time instead of b**ching about being black s**t is hillarious...
 8 years ago '04        #32
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
that's why i named my son Noah
 8 years ago '05        #33
lilmeaty6122 
space
space
space
$781 | Props total: 1 1
Stats are stats...in this case i think they are pretty accurate...sure a lot of businesses dont profile like this but some of the jobs that are looking for specialized work surely do...they dont give a damn what your name is at mcdonalds but if u are trying to do marketing at microsoft and your name is "bonquesha" your resume might get immediately tossed
 8 years ago '05        #34
lilmeaty6122 
space
space
space
$781 | Props total: 1 1
WHITE PEOPLE ARE ALREADY BORN WITH A LEG UP AND THATS JUST REAL...BLACK PEOPLE PLEASE STOP NAMING OUR KIDS JUST ANY GODDAMN THING...U R f**kING THEM FOR LIFE
 8 years ago '09        #35
SoSassy69 
space
space
$15,051 | Props total: 195 195
I always get mixed reactions to my name. Its used in various cultures. I cant count how many times I've been asked:

Are you Muslim?:disdain2:
Indian?:disdain2:
Catholic?:disdain2:
Spanish?:disdain2:

I always thought that it was just a regular semi-hood black girl name

With that being said, it's never been hard for me to get a job:dancingcool:
 8 years ago '07        #36
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,337 | Props total: 403 403
 Zo1987 said:
Vladimir is a Russian name. We are talking about ghetto names, like Kawasky and those other fake ghetto Russian names that ghetto black parents name their children instead of REAL African names. Im pretty sure a white boss would rather hire a black guy named Chinedu(Nigerian/Ibo) than some guy named Dontravious.
thanks for pointing out the obvious. LOL I;m saying I never understood the correlation between that name and Haitians
 10-07-2009, 01:44 AM         #37
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SoSassy69 said:
I always get mixed reactions to my name. Its used in various cultures. I cant count how many times I've been asked:

Are you Muslim?:disdain2:
Indian?:disdain2:
Catholic?:disdain2:
Spanish?:disdain2:

I always thought that it was just a regular semi-hood black girl name

With that being said, it's never been hard for me to get a job:dancingcool:
so are you going to tell us your name or do u wanna stick with this irrelevant paragraph u provided?

Last edited by CenterField; 10-07-2009 at 01:51 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #38
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
african-americans needs to stop giving their kids made up names

your childs full name should not be Shabuddalantay Alize Jackson

you want a more ethnic sounding name then pick a damn african or muslim name. a name that actually has meaning.
 8 years ago '07        #39
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
african-americans needs to stop giving their kids made up names

your childs full name should not be Shabuddalantay Alize Jackson

you want a more ethnic sounding name then pick a damn african or muslim name. a name that actually has meaning.
yes because im sure white people are willing to hire aaban aamir x
white people are racist

Last edited by Pistol Peter; 10-07-2009 at 04:57 AM..
 10-07-2009, 05:35 AM         #40
jamaal45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rowe said:

My shorty aint gonna be named De'quan, or Jamal,..f**k that.
Dame My name Jamaal and my last name muslim so they dont know what to think i know they aint hirring a n*gga might just be the address idk?
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
184 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
62 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
114 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy